Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

What stands IL for? (armaments for the FV432 Mortar)

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Flashpoint Campaigns Series >> What stands IL for? (armaments for the FV432 Mortar) Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
What stands IL for? (armaments for the FV432 Mortar) - 4/24/2019 11:30:17 AM   
JoeMK

Hi, I'm new to the game. After having played the tutorial and two more short scenarios (Soviet Tank Rush and Red Hammer, but the alternative versions, the T-80Us replaced with T-80BVs), I like this game very much! Thank to Matrix' Easter discount coupon!

My short question: What stands IL for (armaments for the FV432 Mortar)? I haven't found an answer, not in the manual, not in this and neither the Steam's forum. Maybe ILLUMINATION?

Thanks if you can help. And sorry if not understandable, this isn't my native laguage.

J.
Post #: 1
RE: What stands IL for? (armaments for the FV432 Mortar) - 4/24/2019 12:31:21 PM   
CapnDarwin

JoeMK, welcome to the the game. You are correct. It stands for illumination. This is a feature that we planned for, but never implemented in the game. Ground search radar, GSR, is another non functional item as well. We had a number of things in the data that we hoped to expand into at a later date.

OTS is looking forward to Southern Storm getting released!

Cap'n Darwin aka Jim Snyder
On Target Simulations LLC

(in reply to JoeMK)
Post #: 2
RE: What stands IL for? (armaments for the FV432 Mortar) - 4/24/2019 3:24:47 PM   
IronMikeGolf

Regarding GSR: it does not work as a sensor for the unit equipped with it. But it will radiate and show up as an intermittent target to the other side, much like a SAM's Air Search Radar or a HQs radio when there are a lot of orders.

Jeff
Sua Sponte

(in reply to CapnDarwin)
Post #: 3
RE: What stands IL for? (armaments for the FV432 Mortar) - 4/28/2019 8:16:25 PM   
JoeMK

Thank you very much for your explanation and additional hint. I keep playing these short Nato scenarios, at the moment the standard (i.e. not the alternative) scenarios from FSGR. I dread to think what 70% losses mean for the humans, so I shy away from taking over the attacker's role (WP), at least at this moment.

J.

< Message edited by JoeMK -- 5/8/2019 5:59:02 PM >

(in reply to IronMikeGolf)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Flashpoint Campaigns Series >> What stands IL for? (armaments for the FV432 Mortar) Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI