Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

v16 broke my PBEM game

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Strategic Command Series >> Strategic Command WWII War in Europe >> Tech Support >> v16 broke my PBEM game Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
v16 broke my PBEM game - 5/3/2019 5:06:55 PM   
JimWC

Score: 0
After I installed v16 my game file on the PBEM server is red and cannot be loaded. If it makes a difference, I am playing the Fall Weiss mod.
Post #: 1
RE: v16 broke my PBEM game - 5/3/2019 5:34:25 PM   
JimWC

Also there now doesn't seem to be any way to start a new PBEM game???

(in reply to JimWC)
Post #: 2
RE: v16 broke my PBEM game - 5/3/2019 6:30:47 PM   
Hubert Cater

Score: 2
Hi Jim,

Sorry to hear about the trouble, but yes, the v1.16.00 update was so significant that it is unfortunately not compatible with previous saved games in progress, including PBEM++. If you uninstall, and reinstall and patch up to v1.15.02, then you should be able to continue your existing PBEM++ games. After you complete those games, it would be advised to then update to v1.16.00

Hope this helps,
Hubert

(in reply to JimWC)
Post #: 3
RE: v16 broke my PBEM game - 5/3/2019 6:46:56 PM   
JimWC

Except your PBEM server doesn't let us play unless we're on the current version of the program...

(BTW I did see how you can start a new game in v16. Unfortunately it looks like the Fall Weiss mod is not available.)

(in reply to Hubert Cater)
Post #: 4
RE: v16 broke my PBEM game - 5/3/2019 7:06:04 PM   
Hubert Cater

The server will temporarily allow, for the next 3 months, for you to continue playing under v1.15.02 as this was such a big change with v1.16.00 and we didn't want players to lose their games in progress. At least not immediately due to the v1.16.00 update.

If you prefer to stick with the v1.16.00 update, the Fall Weiss mod should be playable, you'll just have to update your Community Pack as well. If you do this, download it from here and select the v1.16.00 Community Pack option.

https://www.matrixgames.com/members/publicDL.asp?gid=714

(in reply to JimWC)
Post #: 5
RE: v16 broke my PBEM game - 5/3/2019 7:52:56 PM   
nnason

all,
so you post above about how to keep playing 15.1.02 and 16.0 at same time

Live Long and Prosper,
Noah Nason
LTC Field Artillery
US Army Retired

(in reply to Hubert Cater)
Post #: 6
RE: v16 broke my PBEM game - 5/5/2019 11:45:56 AM   
HannoMeier

Dear Hubert, we are in the middle of very interesting Campaign games. I won't start any new with 1.15.02, but I really would like to finish them - the 3 month limit until you disable the PBEM mode for the ongoing 1.15.02 games is by far too short. Please keep it active for longer. Is there any technical reason for the 3 months Duration?

Thanks,
Hanno

(in reply to nnason)
Post #: 7
RE: v16 broke my PBEM game - 5/6/2019 1:34:29 PM   
Hubert Cater

I can't speak for any technical aspects as I don't control the server directly, I just understand that for ongoing technical support it is eventually easier for everyone to be at the same version of the game. This is a bit of uncharted territory as it is the first time we've broken backwards compatibility with previous saved games, or PBEM games in progress, but it was such a significant update with such a large number of improvements that there really wasn't another way around it, but we did want to provide a reasonable grace period for those with games still in progress.

Your concerns have been noted and hopefully it won't be a hard 3 months, but I can't promise otherwise either as some items such as these are a bit beyond my full control.

(in reply to HannoMeier)
Post #: 8
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Strategic Command Series >> Strategic Command WWII War in Europe >> Tech Support >> v16 broke my PBEM game Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI