Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: Strategic Command WWII: War in Europe – The “Panzerfaust Update”

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Strategic Command Series >> Strategic Command WWII War in Europe >> RE: Strategic Command WWII: War in Europe – The “Panzerfaust Update” Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4 5   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Strategic Command WWII: War in Europe – The “Panzer... - 5/5/2019 12:59:00 PM   
Hubert Cater

quote:

ORIGINAL: David Hansen
Is the game now "safe" to buy after the last patch issues?

Hi David,

The only issues were with those that upgraded before completing their games in progress (as this update breaks previous saved games compatibility unfortunately) and for those that had not yet installed the updated Community Pack for the community designed campaigns.

If you are new to the game, then none of these issues would apply as they all deal with backwards compatibility etc., and for a new install there is no concerns in this regard.

Hope this helps,
Hubert

(in reply to David Hansen)
Post #: 61
RE: Strategic Command WWII: War in Europe – The “Panzer... - 5/5/2019 1:01:06 PM   
Hubert Cater

quote:

ORIGINAL: elveranomaslargo

¿Is it any way to keep playing the current games (without Steam)?

¿Will it work to uninstall everything and add patch 1.15.02 if somebody have it?

Yes if you've installed the latest update and would like to continue playing your previously saved games, then I would recommend a full uninstall, reinstall of the base game setup and then reapplying the v1.15.02 patch.

(in reply to elveranomaslargo)
Post #: 62
RE: Strategic Command WWII: War in Europe – The “Panzer... - 5/5/2019 5:55:56 PM   
Tanaka

Trying to understand what is going on here?

Previously all mods would go in C:\Users\Documents\My Games\Strategic Command WWII - War in Europe\Campaigns. Now nothing goes there. If you try and use the editor to make a mod and save it there it will disappear and not work or load a save.

Now everything is in the directory E:\STEAM\steamapps\common\Strategic Command WWII War in Europe\Campaigns but if I try to save a mod there I get an error code.

So confused now. Where do I save a mod to and how do I load a save from it?

Update: The mod seems to be being stored in C:\UsersDocuments\My Games\Strategic Command WWII - War in Europe\Campaigns BACKUP but this is useless as the game does not recognize this folder?

Tried to save a mod in the mods folder but you cannot do this either as you get an error code. Again where do we save mods so that we can load saves from them?

< Message edited by Tanaka -- 5/5/2019 6:18:54 PM >

(in reply to Hubert Cater)
Post #: 63
RE: Strategic Command WWII: War in Europe – The “Panzer... - 5/5/2019 5:56:45 PM   
David Hansen

Txs Hubert...also with a brand new purchase/install...do the community packs work okay with this version?

Post #: 64
RE: Strategic Command WWII: War in Europe – The “Panzer... - 5/5/2019 6:33:24 PM   
Bonners

Just checking I'm reading everything correctly. Best idea for somebody playing solo games, is to finish off my ongoing games before updating (on matrix version)? Then just delete all my saved games before the update? I dont have any mods loaded.

Post #: 65
RE: Strategic Command WWII: War in Europe – The “Panzer... - 5/5/2019 8:50:16 PM   
MVokt

First of all, thanks for this big update!

I'm finally on my way to deliver a mod that I've been working on for a time. The mod (built under 1.15 version) was updated using campaign conversion tool from 1.16 beta so 1.16 final release completely recognised my mod without having to do anything.

The fact is that when tweaking some things with the new 1.16 editor, I came to check out that the text tool doesn't seem to work properly when trying to modify text. Pop up window with all the available font, font sizes and font alignment doesn't show, thus not allowing to change anything. Don't know if I'm doing something wrong.

(in reply to Bonners)
Post #: 66
RE: Strategic Command WWII: War in Europe – The “Panzer... - 5/6/2019 1:29:49 PM   
Hubert Cater

quote:

ORIGINAL: Tanaka

Previously all mods would go in C:\Users\Documents\My Games\Strategic Command WWII - War in Europe\Campaigns. Now nothing goes there. If you try and use the editor to make a mod and save it there it will disappear and not work or load a save.

Now everything is in the directory E:\STEAM\steamapps\common\Strategic Command WWII War in Europe\Campaigns but if I try to save a mod there I get an error code.

Update: The mod seems to be being stored in C:\UsersDocuments\My Games\Strategic Command WWII - War in Europe\Campaigns BACKUP but this is useless as the game does not recognize this folder?

Tried to save a mod in the mods folder but you cannot do this either as you get an error code. Again where do we save mods so that we can load saves from them?

Hi Tanaka,

I'll try and clarify this for you:

1) Custom campaigns that anyone chooses to make for the game via the Editor will default and should be saved within your USER folder, i.e. \Users\<username>Documents\My Games\Strategic Command WWII - War in Europe\Campaigns

This part hasn't changed.

2) Community Pack campaigns will now be installed within the application folder (due to technical and tech support issues) as these are in theory one time campaigns that shouldn't be mixed in with a player's own customized campaigns.

On Steam this is already the case (future Matrix updates will match suit) as they are installed here:

\STEAM\steamapps\common\Strategic Command WWII War in Europe\Community Pack\Campaigns

3) If you choose to edit a Community Pack campaign further, then it is best to move it to your USER folder and work with it from there.

Hope this helps,
Hubert

(in reply to Tanaka)
Post #: 67
RE: Strategic Command WWII: War in Europe – The “Panzer... - 5/6/2019 1:42:48 PM   
Hubert Cater

quote:

ORIGINAL: David Hansen

Txs Hubert...also with a brand new purchase/install...do the community packs work okay with this version?

Yes, there is an updated Community Pack package that works with the latest version of the game as well.

Post #: 68
RE: Strategic Command WWII: War in Europe – The “Panzer... - 5/6/2019 1:43:14 PM   
Hubert Cater

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bonners

Just checking I'm reading everything correctly. Best idea for somebody playing solo games, is to finish off my ongoing games before updating (on matrix version)? Then just delete all my saved games before the update? I dont have any mods loaded.

Correct

(in reply to Bonners)
Post #: 69
RE: Strategic Command WWII: War in Europe – The “Panzer... - 5/6/2019 1:44:05 PM   
Hubert Cater

quote:

The fact is that when tweaking some things with the new 1.16 editor, I came to check out that the text tool doesn't seem to work properly when trying to modify text. Pop up window with all the available font, font sizes and font alignment doesn't show, thus not allowing to change anything. Don't know if I'm doing something wrong.

Thanks for the report and this is a repeatable issue that I'll look into correcting ASAP.

(in reply to MVokt)
Post #: 70
RE: Strategic Command WWII: War in Europe – The “Panzer... - 5/6/2019 4:46:59 PM   
Tanaka

quote:

ORIGINAL: Hubert Cater

quote:

ORIGINAL: Tanaka

Hi Tanaka,

I'll try and clarify this for you:

1) Custom campaigns that anyone chooses to make for the game via the Editor will default and should be saved within your USER folder, i.e. \Users\<username>Documents\My Games\Strategic Command WWII - War in Europe\Campaigns

This part hasn't changed.

2) Community Pack campaigns will now be installed within the application folder (due to technical and tech support issues) as these are in theory one time campaigns that shouldn't be mixed in with a player's own customized campaigns.

On Steam this is already the case (future Matrix updates will match suit) as they are installed here:

\STEAM\steamapps\common\Strategic Command WWII War in Europe\Community Pack\Campaigns

3) If you choose to edit a Community Pack campaign further, then it is best to move it to your USER folder and work with it from there.

Hope this helps,
Hubert

Thanks Hubert yes I can save my mod in the campaigns folder but as soon as I play my mod and save a game and exit the game when I reload the game and try to play saves my mod has disappeared from the campaign folder and I cannot load any save games from it? I've tried uninstalling the game and everything but still no dice...Also what is the mods folder for? And the backup campaigns folder for? It seems to be going in there?

Also just to note within the application folder there is a campaign folder with the community pack files and also a community pack folder also with the community pack files. Which is the game using?

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by Tanaka -- 5/6/2019 5:54:14 PM >

Post #: 71
RE: Strategic Command WWII: War in Europe – The “Panzer... - 5/6/2019 6:03:21 PM   
Hubert Cater

Hi Tanaka,

Just to confirm, we are talking about the Steam version of the game?

Also, when you mention you save, are you referring to saving a campaign? Can you tell me which folder you are saving the campaign to specifically?

For the Community Pack folders, the original Steam v1.16 update had an error where the Community Pack campaigns were installed to a folder called Community Pack, where it should have been Community Pack\Campaigns (within the application folder for the game).

Anything that is not Community Pack\Campaigns can be removed but should also be automatically removed by Steam.

Hubert

(in reply to Tanaka)
Post #: 72
RE: Strategic Command WWII: War in Europe – The “Panzer... - 5/6/2019 6:10:06 PM   
Hubert Cater

Hi Tanaka,

Where did you put your modified Campaign, in the USER Campaigns folder, or within the Community Pack\Campaigns folder? It should be within your USER Campaigns folder only, and if so does this resolve the issue for you when starting fresh, saving and then trying to load a saved game?

Hubert

Post #: 73
RE: Strategic Command WWII: War in Europe – The “Panzer... - 5/6/2019 6:13:30 PM   
Hubert Cater

quote:

Also what is the mods folder for?

This is for graphical mods packages like the IronX mod. There is a README file located within the MODS folder that should paint a better picture for what this folder is for. Essentially modders can create modified game graphics that can be put into this folder (assuming it follows the proper structure laid out in the README, and then these graphical mods can be turned on or off in game via the SETTINGS->MODS screen without players having to overwrite the default game files.

(in reply to Tanaka)
Post #: 74
RE: Strategic Command WWII: War in Europe – The “Panzer... - 5/6/2019 6:15:36 PM   
Hubert Cater

quote:

And the backup campaigns folder for? It seems to be going in there?

When you install the Community Pack, it will create a backup of the existing USER Campaigns folder so you don't lose these files.

The only thing I can think of is you placed your custom campaign in the USER Campaigns folder, and then installed the Community Pack which then renamed the USER Campaigns folder as a backup folder.

This would only happen the one time you install the Community Pack, so moving your custom campaign back to the regular USER Campaigns folder should fix the issue for you.

Hubert

(in reply to Tanaka)
Post #: 75
RE: Strategic Command WWII: War in Europe – The “Panzer... - 5/6/2019 6:22:37 PM   
Tanaka

quote:

Hi Tanaka,

Just to confirm, we are talking about the Steam version of the game?

Also, when you mention you save, are you referring to saving a campaign? Can you tell me which folder you are saving the campaign to specifically?

For the Community Pack folders, the original Steam v1.16 update had an error where the Community Pack campaigns were installed to a folder called Community Pack, where it should have been Community Pack\Campaigns (within the application folder for the game).

Anything that is not Community Pack\Campaigns can be removed but should also be automatically removed by Steam.

Hubert

Steam yes. I am referring to loading the default campaign in editor, modding it, saving in the user campaigns folder. Then loading game, starting new game using said mod. Then saving game, exiting game, restarting game and loading saved game from played mod. Mod has disappeared from user campaign folder and I cannot load mod save game. Sometimes it takes a few turns to do this.

Just to note the game is also installing the community pack files in the application campaigns folder as well not just the application community/campaigns folder...

< Message edited by Tanaka -- 5/6/2019 6:38:20 PM >

Post #: 76
RE: Strategic Command WWII: War in Europe – The “Panzer... - 5/6/2019 6:25:43 PM   
Hubert Cater

Ok this might be a Steam only issue then, we'll investigate further and issue a fix as needed.

(in reply to Tanaka)
Post #: 77
RE: Strategic Command WWII: War in Europe – The “Panzer... - 5/6/2019 6:28:46 PM   
Tanaka

quote:

quote:

And the backup campaigns folder for? It seems to be going in there?

When you install the Community Pack, it will create a backup of the existing USER Campaigns folder so you don't lose these files.

The only thing I can think of is you placed your custom campaign in the USER Campaigns folder, and then installed the Community Pack which then renamed the USER Campaigns folder as a backup folder.

This would only happen the one time you install the Community Pack, so moving your custom campaign back to the regular USER Campaigns folder should fix the issue for you.

Hubert

Thanks yes just using the user campaign folder. Not placing anything it just saves my modded campaigns in the backup folders automatically...

Post #: 78
RE: Strategic Command WWII: War in Europe – The “Panzer... - 5/6/2019 6:31:43 PM   
Tanaka

quote:

Hi Tanaka,

Where did you put your modified Campaign, in the USER Campaigns folder, or within the Community Pack\Campaigns folder? It should be within your USER Campaigns folder only, and if so does this resolve the issue for you when starting fresh, saving and then trying to load a saved game?

Hubert

Have not touched the community files. Just saving my mod in the user campaign folder as per usual.

Post #: 79
RE: Strategic Command WWII: War in Europe – The “Panzer... - 5/6/2019 11:43:19 PM   
Steely Glint

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: Simulacra53

Had to move the custom games as the directory name had been changed.

From ..\CommunityPack to ..\Community Pack\Campaigns

Should make them visible/playable again.

Favorite IronX mod messed up, looks like Germany has been switched to another Major set.
From Major_07 to Major_08 I think.

For War in Europe you'll need to apply the Knight's Cross mod instead and place it in the USER/Mods folder for the game.

This is typically found here:
C:\Users\<username>\Documents\My Games\Strategic Command WWII - War In Europe\Mods

Knight's Cross Mod:
http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=4614636

The mods can now be enabled/disabled via the SETTINGS->MODS screen in game after that.

After wasting hours trying to get everything to work I ended up having to reinstall everything from scratch. I finally located the Campaign Converter, but I get a read fail error on every one of my user campaigns.

< Message edited by Steely Glint -- 5/7/2019 4:41:41 AM >

“It was a war of snap judgments and binary results—shoot or don’t, live or die.“

Wargamer since 1967. Matrix customer since 2003.

Post #: 80
RE: Strategic Command WWII: War in Europe – The “Panzer... - 5/6/2019 11:45:17 PM   
Steely Glint

I am extremely unhappy with this upgrade. It's been the biggest pain in the butt of any Matrix upgrade I can remember and despite spending an entire evening dealing with it I still can't access my user campaigns to convert them.

< Message edited by Steely Glint -- 5/7/2019 4:44:02 AM >

“It was a war of snap judgments and binary results—shoot or don’t, live or die.“

(in reply to Steely Glint)
Post #: 81
RE: Strategic Command WWII: War in Europe – The “Panzer... - 5/6/2019 11:49:26 PM   
Taxman66

There is a check box column for the mods on the right hand side of the mods window; click in there.
It doesn't stand out as it is barely a different color than the rest of the background color of the window and there is no text title for it.

"Part of the $10 million I spent on gambling, part on booze and part on women. The rest I spent foolishly." - George Raft

Post #: 82
RE: Strategic Command WWII: War in Europe – The “Panzer... - 5/6/2019 11:52:00 PM   
Steely Glint

quote:

ORIGINAL: Taxman66

There is a check box column for the mods on the right hand side of the mods window; click in there.
It doesn't stand out as it is barely a different color than the rest of the background color of the window and there is no text title for it.

Thank you. It literally wasn't visible, even when I went looking for it.

I had to do a TOTAL uninstall/reinstall to get anything to work. Now I have the game and the mod working, but none of my campaigns will load in the game or in the editor.

< Message edited by Steely Glint -- 5/7/2019 4:19:01 AM >

(in reply to Taxman66)
Post #: 83
RE: Strategic Command WWII: War in Europe – The “Panzer... - 5/7/2019 2:13:47 AM   
Wolfe1759

Taxman66 - totally off topic but have to comment on your signature, are all Georges the same?

"I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I just squandered." - George Best

< Message edited by Wolfe1759 -- 5/7/2019 2:33:15 AM >

"In War: Resolution. In Defeat: Defiance. In Victory: Magnanimity. In Peace: Goodwill." - Winston Churchill

(in reply to Taxman66)
Post #: 84
RE: Strategic Command WWII: War in Europe – The “Panzer... - 5/7/2019 1:35:24 PM   
Hubert Cater

quote:

I finally located the Campaign Converter, but I get a read fail error on every one of my user campaigns.

Sorry to hear about the trouble and using the Campaign Convertor should be pretty straight forward.

1) First, ensure your pre version 1.16 custom campaigns are located in your USER folder for the game. Note, using a campaign for this process where you've attempted to export from v1.15 or earlier, and then import to v1.16 and save after that will not work. The custom campaign has to be one from before v1.16.

Your USER folder can be typically found here:

C:\Users\<username>\Documents\My Games\Strategic Command WWII - War In Europe\Campaigns

2) Navigate to your installation folder for the game, and within the subfolder Extras, there is a 'Campaign Conversion' folder that contains the CampaignConverstionTool.exe file. We suggest reading the 'Campaign Conversion Tool README.pdf' prior to using this tool.

3) Launch the Campaign Conversion Tool, and open your customized campaign from within the USER Campaigns folder and run the conversion process. If successful, the tool will say as much.

4) Launch the v1.16 Editor and open your customized campaign. Re-compile any scripts as necessary and re-save the campaign.

5) Launch the Game and you should be able to now access your customized campaign under v1.16

Hope this helps,
Hubert

< Message edited by Hubert Cater -- 5/8/2019 2:30:28 PM >

Post #: 85
RE: Strategic Command WWII: War in Europe – The “Panzer... - 5/7/2019 2:02:51 PM   
Hubert Cater

Steely Glint, if you are still having trouble, please feel free to send me an email to support@furysoftware.com and I'll be happy to help you sort this out.

Post #: 86
RE: Strategic Command WWII: War in Europe – The “Panzer... - 5/7/2019 2:37:40 PM   
Steely Glint

Hubert, I did everything except erase the .dat files. I'll try your list of steps precisely today and let you know.

Thank you for your support.

Post #: 87
RE: Strategic Command WWII: War in Europe – The “Panzer... - 5/7/2019 6:30:15 PM   
Steely Glint

Hubert, I followed your instructions precisely. The converter apparently worked - at least it reported that it did - but the campaigns are not selectable from the game menu. The editor can see the campaigns but cannot load them, as it yields a read fail error on all of them (my hard drive is fine, I checked).

Apparently I have lost ten modified campaigns to this “upgrade.” Moral: don’t ever, ever change campaign formats.

Post #: 88
RE: Strategic Command WWII: War in Europe – The “Panzer... - 5/7/2019 7:56:08 PM   
Steely Glint

Also, counter sets that have been installed in the game under "Mods" are not used by the editor, but only by the game itself. Can this be fixed so they both use the modded set?

Post #: 89
RE: Strategic Command WWII: War in Europe – The “Panzer... - 5/7/2019 10:24:48 PM   
rjh1971

quote:

ORIGINAL: Steely Glint

Hubert, I followed your instructions precisely. The converter apparently worked - at least it reported that it did - but the campaigns are not selectable from the game menu. The editor can see the campaigns but cannot load them, as it yields a read fail error on all of them (my hard drive is fine, I checked).

Apparently I have lost ten modified campaigns to this “upgrade.” Moral: don’t ever, ever change campaign formats.

I had the same issue after following your steps Hubert.

GG's AWD, GG's WBTS, GG's WitE Beta Tester
Beta Tester: Panzer Corps, Time of Fury, CtGW, DC CB, DC3 Barbarossa, SC WWII WiE, SC WWII WaW, SC WWI

Post #: 90
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Strategic Command Series >> Strategic Command WWII War in Europe >> RE: Strategic Command WWII: War in Europe – The “Panzerfaust Update” Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4 5   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI