Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: 2by3+ Teams Axis&Soviet Wanted

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> Opponents Wanted >> RE: 2by3+ Teams Axis&Soviet Wanted Page: <<   < prev  3 4 5 [6] 7   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: 2by3+ Teams Axis&Soviet Wanted - 9/22/2017 7:14:52 PM   
HardLuckYetAgain

quote:

ORIGINAL: wallas

I would rather not lol, but if you need me for air command sure.

Ewwwwwwww Awwwwww Air Command, juicy! I personally find soooo much solace in decimating the Axis Airforce. Maybe it is just the morbid side of me thinking of all those Me-109's burning on the runway ;-)

(in reply to wallas)
Post #: 151
RE: 2by3+ Teams Axis&Soviet Wanted - 9/22/2017 9:04:23 PM   
wallas

I would assume the air commander is in charge of all para brigades and their corps HQ ?

(in reply to HardLuckYetAgain)
Post #: 152
RE: 2by3+ Teams Axis&Soviet Wanted - 9/23/2017 10:49:03 AM   
Telemecus

quote:

ORIGINAL: Neogodhobo

One thing I was thinking about is having a forum for "Top Secret documents captured"

Meaning that, every operation the enemy team prepared, a couple of turns before actually doing the operation, the supreme commander would roll 3 dice at the same time, if the number is 4 or lower. He needs to take one of his front commander's objective and overall plan, and post it in the "Top secret documents captured"

Meaning the enemy would have access to the plan. Every supreme commander would also be allowed to post FAKE operation in that thread. Meaning that, the enemy would never be sure if the operation is real or fake. The chances of hitting 4 or lower is extremely low.

I am just flagging this up as I did not want the idea to get lost. For this game we would need everyone to agree to change the rules, and I get the sense everyone is just exhausted doing the vanilla game plus team variation. So maybe this is something for a future date or for another game set up from the beginning that way.

Perhaps this should be in a separate thread of its own? There have been a few ideas over time about using WitE as a game within a game. Somebody once posted for a simultaneous match of WitE, WitW and WitP - I guess they somehow would add up victory points from each for a winner. I wonder how long that game took! This team game has WitE as a game within the game, and so would Neogodhobo's idea.

I think it needs refinement as to what the secret documents would contain. One side could have a plan consisting of precise movements of all their units, and another side have a plan with one sentence - "we will win the war". Clearly what one side would reveal would not be equal to the other - and it could be gamed. Even if the players tried to play fairly it would be better if the secrets each side had to reveal were well defined. For example they could have to take a screenshot of their map for given co-ordinates. Or a screenshot for given units in the commanders report.

(in reply to Neogodhobo)
Post #: 153
RE: 2by3+ Teams Axis&Soviet Wanted - 9/23/2017 2:50:55 PM   
Neogodhobo

quote:

ORIGINAL: Telemecus
I am just .... the commanders report.

It could be a great idea to have a dedicated team of war planners/high command. Whom only job consist of coming up with offensive/defensive operations; very detailed plan, for each division.

This team could be a 2 or 3 person team. They would then pass those plan to the supreme commander who would make some changes, according to the situation. When the plan is ready for action, it would need to fly to the ground commanders, the plan would be breaking up in several pieces, so that the army commanders ( AI ) receives their part of the plan. Each time a piece of the plan is being sent to the AI generals, you roll 3 dice, if its lower than 4. You give away that part of the plan in the thread. You roll for each plan until one has been discovered ( if any ). When a piece of the plan has been publish, you do not need to roll again for that same plan.

Like this, each team is going to have the same information to give away in the top secret documents thread. A little piece of the puzzle. And each team will have war plans.

To disclose a fake plan, your war planners need to work on it, then you simply put it in the thread. A limit should be impose, something like...1 fake plan per year, or per season.

But war planners should be a must, I think, for this game. Or maybe they wouldnt decide every division, or else the job of ground commanders, get boring a little bit, but at least, objectives, how to take the objective, with what unit to take the objective, do they have operational or tactical freeedom until further notice, etc etc.

This way, it leaves some freedom to the ground commanders to have fun, and it let the enemy knows enough about the plan that they can try to counter it.

Maybe even start an Intelligence team. ( 2 or 3 person ) that their only role is to try to get their hands on those plan. And they could be playing games of dice with the enemy intelligence team. OR, actually, what would be sweet for the intelligence..

Take a look at the whole forum of Matrix here, its big.. Wouldnt it be sweet if the intelligence team, once a plan is made, has to post a coded message in one of these threads in the WHOLE of Matrix forum...

Say for exemple, they go in Order of Battle: World war II thread --) Scenario Design and Modding

And then leave a topic "Strong Fog of War ?"

In that topic would be the "coded" message : " This is a Gary mod for the Grigsby. Red Tide is going down in the south. 14 July 1943 "

The intelligence team would have to post it within a certain time limit ( 5 hours? 1 day ? ) before the actual plan is going to be put into action.

The enemy intelligence team, would have to search the whole forum of Matrix, at all time, if they hope to find the "coded" message. If they find the message, they have to decode it correctly, and send it to the other intelligence team, and it hey were correct, then the enemy team has to send a piece of their plan that is allocated to the ( in this case ) South Front.

The coded message decoded :

This is Gary mod for the Grigsby : This is a message concerning Gary Grigsby's war in the east game.
Red tide is going down : its an operation against the Soviet
In the south : it will take place on the south front.
14 July 1943 : It will take place on 14th July 1943

You know... nothing TOO complicated, just a little something. Although I gotta say, I didnt spend more than 10 second on that particular coded message haha, but you get the idea.

That way we could have an intelligence war going on. Maybe even just 1 person in the intelligence "team" would be enough as well. How cool would that be. Anyway....

< Message edited by Neogodhobo -- 9/23/2017 2:53:22 PM >

(in reply to Telemecus)
Post #: 154
RE: 2by3+ Teams Axis&Soviet Wanted - 12/12/2017 9:34:05 PM   
Neogodhobo

WE NEED A NEW SOVIET COMMANDER

To take control of the Central Front.

(in reply to Neogodhobo)
Post #: 155
RE: 2by3+ Teams Axis&Soviet Wanted - 12/13/2017 1:27:11 PM   
Telemecus

The Soviet team has now added on new member and is looking for another. It is a much lower commitment than going solo. A great way for a beginner to do their first game against others. And if you are an old hand come and show us your stuff. If you would like to join the team do post here or on any of the games other threads, or feel free to message Neogodhobo or myself.

< Message edited by Telemecus -- 7/15/2019 8:48:35 PM >

(in reply to Neogodhobo)
Post #: 156
RE: 2by3+ Teams Axis&Soviet Wanted - 12/26/2017 3:36:15 PM   
Telemecus

< Message edited by Telemecus -- 7/15/2019 8:48:11 PM >

(in reply to Telemecus)
Post #: 157
RE: 2by3+ Teams Axis&Soviet Wanted - 1/3/2018 3:29:53 PM   
Telemecus

Congratulations to the new member of the Soviet team. We need to recruit one more to bring the Soviet team up to strength - could that be you?

(in reply to Telemecus)
Post #: 158
RE: 2by3+ Teams Axis&Soviet Wanted - 1/5/2018 9:22:14 PM   
Neogodhobo

Alrightso Ledo will be the new commander facing SparkleyTits's armies. Welcome aboard.

(in reply to Telemecus)
Post #: 159
RE: 2by3+ Teams Axis&Soviet Wanted - 1/6/2018 12:52:15 PM   
Telemecus

Welcome Ledo - and we will be having our own clash over rival spreadheets!

(in reply to Neogodhobo)
Post #: 160
RE: 2by3+ Teams Axis&Soviet Wanted - 1/6/2018 9:59:51 PM   
ledo

I'm adjusting my recently neglected OOB tracker to the Russian central front, as we speak. Russian divisions are so dynamic with reinforcements and pockets that I think it might be time to drop some array formulas and develop a dynamic list. Maybe even a dropdown box sorting method with totals and averages near the bottom to give you an overview of a specific army/front. I might need to take a week off work again.

(in reply to Telemecus)
Post #: 161
RE: 2by3+ Teams Axis&Soviet Wanted - 1/7/2018 8:03:18 AM   
SparkleyTits

That all went straight over my ledo

I'm a simple man who just gets told where to point the tanks thank god

(in reply to ledo)
Post #: 162
RE: 2by3+ Teams Axis&Soviet Wanted - 1/8/2018 12:57:38 PM   
Telemecus

quote:

ORIGINAL: ledo

I'm adjusting my recently neglected OOB tracker to the Russian central front, as we speak. Russian divisions are so dynamic with reinforcements and pockets that I think it might be time to drop some array formulas and develop a dynamic list. Maybe even a dropdown box sorting method with totals and averages near the bottom to give you an overview of a specific army/front. I might need to take a week off work again.

A person after my own heart!

(in reply to ledo)
Post #: 163
2by3+ Axis Player Wanted - 10/29/2018 6:59:39 PM   
Telemecus

The Axis team of the 2by3+ team game is looking for one extra commander to join the team.

Currently the Axis team is Crackaces, lictuel, Xhoel and myself, the Soviet team is Neogodhobo, Mamluke, Darojax, thedoctorking and Erzac. We are very sad to be losing KenchiSulla who has been a rock of the game since it started.

We are on turn 31 past most of the worst of the first blizzard. We had a great 1941 even capturing Tambov, Yaroslavl and Ivanovo. But the Soviets have bitten back hard in the blizzard, taking some of our famous name units to encirclements and surrender. Is this the beginning of the fight back to Berlin - or could we even get a points sudden death victory in 1942?

If you join now you would be in the driving seat to decide for what in effect would be the start of the 1942 campaign. If interested do post here or PM me or anyone else in the game. If you would just like to know more similarly do feel free to ask.

< Message edited by Telemecus -- 10/29/2018 7:00:26 PM >

(in reply to Telemecus)
Post #: 164
RE: 2by3+ Axis Player Wanted - 10/30/2018 1:47:34 AM   
Sammy5IsAlive

Just going off topic slightly - the LAH and Das Reich divisions both get withdrawn in summer 42 before returning in Jan 43. When they return do they come back with replenished morale/exp/TOE - even if they were previously forced to surrender?

(in reply to Telemecus)
Post #: 165
RE: 2by3+ Axis Player Wanted - 10/30/2018 5:49:24 PM   
Telemecus

quote:

ORIGINAL: Sammy5IsAlive
LAH and Das Reich divisions both get withdrawn in summer 42 before returning in Jan 43. When they return do they come back with replenished morale/exp/TOE - even if they were previously forced to surrender?

Interestingly we had exactly the same discussion in the Discord channel between the Axis and Soviet teams.

The units that return in 1943 share a name but are otherwise treated by the programme like completely different units. So nothing that happens to LAH and Das Reich in 1941 or 1942 will make any difference to the unit you get in 1943 called LAH or Das Reich.

After surrender the unit will return and be on the map until it does withdraw. It will still have the morale bonus of an elite unit, but will need time for the actual morale and experience to build up to that. However much of that period is mud anyway so it may not have been very active anyhow. And then it leaves before you can use them for the summer.

Arguably for such units being lost at this point in time the significant loss is the manpower and equipment.

We also lost the Gross Deutschland regiment which does not withdraw. But it does have its own elite morale bonus and by being on refit in the rear during mud should get to that level anyway. When Gross Deutchsland upgrades to a division in 1942, it suddenly has a flood of recruits that need to be trained anyway. So the process will be the same. In either case the unit will be below par during mud when it is not as needed, and at peak performance for the summer offensive.

I did an analysis that showed that fighting to save some of our surrounded units was actually costing more in manpower than we were saving. Many infantry units that are surrounded were down to 10% ToE!

So you could be right in saying the actual surrender of units, especially well known ones, is not material. However it does have a player morale boosting effect that should not dismissed. And if anything that is even more important in team games. But for the real damage you need to see the overall losses in manpower and equipment, and will see it was made well before the units actually surrendered.

(in reply to Sammy5IsAlive)
Post #: 166
RE: 2by3+ Axis Player Wanted - 5/4/2019 8:05:50 PM   
Beria

I gave my name months ago for the Soviet team - if there were vacancies why was I not asked?

(in reply to Telemecus)
Post #: 167
RE: 2by3+ Axis Player Wanted - 5/4/2019 8:08:56 PM   
Telemecus

Your names were passed on to Hobotango who was the team manager. weinsoldner was actually the Soviet player who joined then. Hobotango has left and weinsoldner has told me he is taking on the team manager role. I will pass the reserve list again to weinsoldner. There are plenty to replace the Soviet vacancies so I guess you will have a place now and with the Soviet team vacancies filled we can get going again.

< Message edited by Telemecus -- 5/4/2019 8:09:23 PM >

(in reply to Beria)
Post #: 168
RE: 2by3+ Axis Player Wanted - 5/4/2019 8:58:40 PM   
thedoctorking

Unfortunately, I think 2by3 has ended, at least that's the information we got from the Axis side. We have a full Soviet team and are interested in playing a game of the 42 Campaign. We'd be happy to have any of the former 2by3 Axis players or any new folks who are interested join us.

(in reply to Telemecus)
Post #: 169
RE: 2by3+ Axis Player Wanted - 5/4/2019 9:08:38 PM   
A21

Thanks for the message - yes still very keen to join the Soviet team! I thought you had forgotten me! I am not sure I am at the same level of experience as the Axis team but I will give it my best shot!

Glad to see everything is still going forward. If it is OK for me to join the game look forward to seeing you in the 1942 battlefield!

(in reply to Telemecus)
Post #: 170
RE: 2by3+ Axis Player Wanted - 5/4/2019 9:11:58 PM   
Telemecus

No worries - it will be up to the team managers first. I do not know what is the order on the reserve list. The rules are everyone needs to be asked first on who joins.

(in reply to A21)
Post #: 171
RE: 2by3+ Axis Player Wanted - 5/5/2019 11:06:56 AM   
Colbert

Could I join if there is a vacancy? Or add my name to the reserves?

(in reply to Telemecus)
Post #: 172
RE: 2by3+ Axis Player Wanted - 5/8/2019 9:27:56 AM   
Telemecus

quote:

ORIGINAL: Colbert
Could I join if there is a vacancy? Or add my name to the reserves?

I made sure the team managers were aware. I think, but they will need to confirm, that all the vacancies were filled. But there are some rule changes which means it will be moving to more of a squad system. So there is the possibility of joining a team without a fixed position and taking goes as a substitute or in some team rotation? But regularly people do have to leave so you would not have to wait too long to join. Posting your interest here means by definition you are on the reserves list.

< Message edited by Telemecus -- 5/8/2019 10:46:26 AM >

(in reply to Colbert)
Post #: 173
RE: 2by3+ Rules Change - 5/8/2019 9:30:11 AM   
Telemecus

As rule changes need to be posted here, here are two rule changes the teams have just agreed

1. Supreme can do air missions (this is so that the Soviet Supreme is not restricted from doing this)

2. We relax the rules on how many team members are needed each turn or permanently on the team. So if a team is not four members but two that is fine. Or if players play turns in rotation rather than everyone plays in every turn that is also fine. Essentially think of it as moving to a squad system now - any ground commander can play any or all ground roles in a turn. (This would have meant the Soviet team could have carried on taking turns even when they lacked the players)

(Edit: Note only the Axis Supreme Commander has been restricted from combat air missions in this game, so the first rule change is more a clarification or confirmation than a rule change)

< Message edited by Telemecus -- 5/14/2019 11:35:02 AM >

(in reply to Telemecus)
Post #: 174
RE: 2by3+ Soviets Rule! - 5/9/2019 1:58:48 PM   
Beria

Many thanks for allowing me to join this splendid game! The Axis line-up has not changed but the Soviet team has another new player along with myself to add to the two of the old guard so we have the rush of young blood!

Scanning the map I think the challenge for us is to avoid a sudden death victory in 1942. Avoiding that would mean a long game of having fun bashing Germans. Although it is very unlikely we will see a Soviet victory screen, I think there is a lot of fun in that. I can see looking through the times of all the game saves that the Soviet side has taken over two thirds of the time to do turns. I think we will go quicker when we are doing the attacking!

Game on and see you on the battlefield!

< Message edited by Beria -- 5/9/2019 2:35:28 PM >

(in reply to Telemecus)
Post #: 175
RE: 2by3+ Soviets Rule! - 5/9/2019 2:43:13 PM   
thedoctorking

Good luck, Beria! Guess they didn't want to face us... I'd be happy to fill you in on what we were planning to do. I've been in the game since the beginning as Soviet north front commander and recently took over as CoS.

< Message edited by thedoctorking -- 5/9/2019 2:50:24 PM >

(in reply to Beria)
Post #: 176
RE: 2by3+ Rules Change - 5/11/2019 8:59:06 AM   
Jericoh

Are there still places in this game? What level of experience do you need?

(in reply to Telemecus)
Post #: 177
RE: 2by3+ Rules Change - 5/11/2019 2:11:48 PM   
Telemecus

Jericoh,

I made sure the team managers were aware. This game is for all levels and can be quite good to learn it from others on the team, both experienced and inexperienced. There is a squad system now so it is possible to be in the team as just an observer say if you are not confident of taking a go to begin with. Do you have a preference for a side or happy to play either?

< Message edited by Telemecus -- 5/11/2019 2:13:05 PM >

(in reply to Jericoh)
Post #: 178
RE: 2by3+ Rules Change - 5/20/2019 5:43:30 PM   
sil01

Hello!
I ask you to include me in the reserve on the side of the Soviets, as a ground commander.
If it is possible to give me an observer mode anyway,for getting used to the team game.

(in reply to Telemecus)
Post #: 179
RE: 2by3+ Rules Change - 5/24/2019 9:36:11 AM   
Telemecus

PM sent

(in reply to sil01)
Post #: 180
Page:   <<   < prev  3 4 5 [6] 7   next >   >>
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> Opponents Wanted >> RE: 2by3+ Teams Axis&Soviet Wanted Page: <<   < prev  3 4 5 [6] 7   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI