Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Newbie Questions

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Strategic Command Series >> Strategic Command WWII: World at War >> Newbie Questions Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Newbie Questions - 5/13/2019 1:51:25 PM   
David Hansen

First 1939 campaign as Axis on intermediate level.

1. Politics-manual says that for Germany to influence the US to delay entering the war...I have 5 total chits...that each one will cost me 150 mpp for a 5% chance to possibly reduce the USA's % 4-8%. If successful, does this mean it is a one time 4-8% reduction...or an on going influence factor? If only a one time reduction...how often do seasoned players use this option?

2. I've chosen the option to have the Africa Corps available at the end of 1940 for a cost of 500 mpp...does this mean I better have 500 mpp's saved up when the AC first comes available? If I don't have the 500 mpp's when the event fires...do I lose that option or still available to chose when I do have the 500 mpp's? Do I get Rommel as a HQ?!?

3. It is March 1940 and France and all the low countries have have fallen to Germany...Sealion or not...that is the question. Since this is my first campaign...Sealion or Malta/North Africa/Russia next objective? BEF has been destroyed, but the British navy still rules the seas. Need advice as to what is required for Germany to launch a successful invasion of England at this stage of the campaign? Insights would be appreciated.

TXS
Post #: 1
RE: Newbie Questions - 5/13/2019 2:00:48 PM   
amandkm

quote:

ORIGINAL: David Hansen

1. Politics-manual says that for Germany to influence the US to delay entering the war...I have 5 total chits...that each one will cost me 150 mpp for a 5% chance to possibly reduce the USA's % 4-8%. If successful, does this mean it is a one time 4-8% reduction...or an on going influence factor? If only a one time reduction...how often do seasoned players use this option?

TXS

There is a percentage chance every turn after the chit is invested. I will sometimes put one or two into this if I get a good haul from France falling.

(in reply to David Hansen)
Post #: 2
RE: Newbie Questions - 5/13/2019 2:01:54 PM   
amandkm

quote:

2. I've chosen the option to have the Africa Corps available at the end of 1940 for a cost of 500 mpp...does this mean I better have 500 mpp's saved up when the AC first comes available? If I don't have the 500 mpp's when the event fires...do I lose that option or still available to chose when I do have the 500 mpp's? Do I get Rommel as a HQ?!?

TXS

You don't pay all 500 at once. It is 100 per turn for five turns.

Post #: 3
RE: Newbie Questions - 5/13/2019 2:04:13 PM   
amandkm

quote:

3. It is March 1940 and France and all the low countries have have fallen to Germany...Sealion or not...that is the question. Since this is my first campaign...Sealion or Malta/North Africa/Russia next objective? BEF has been destroyed, but the British navy still rules the seas. Need advice as to what is required for Germany to launch a successful invasion of England at this stage of the campaign? Insights would be appreciated.

TXS

Haven't done this myself, but had it pulled on me several times. Best course for axis seems to be to get the Italian fleet out of the Med while it's still neutral and use the Luftwaffe to batter the defenders morale and readiness. Unless you can at least get short term control over the channel, sneaking small landings into England will not be enough.

Post #: 4
RE: Newbie Questions - 5/14/2019 4:30:32 PM   
Xenocide

quote:

Ideally you want to research at least one level of Amphib Warfare so you can load more then one amphib.

Destroy the RAF. Target the bombers specifically and destroy them with air power. Get both your paratroop units set for paradrop and get good fully upgraded units to ports in France.

Seal the Channel. Put a blockade of naval units (subs and/or surface ships) on both ends, thicker on the east end. Do this on the same turn that you load the amphibs. Cover all sea spaces around your amphibs with Axis subs or surface ships so that the Royal Navy has to work to get to them. Have your fighters ready to fly CAP too. Hopefully the bombers are gone but British carriers can still cause havoc. One the next turn you need to find your landing point. If there is an unoccupied port within range grab it and build a beachhead. If not, find one that you think you can take and get it using heavy air attack, your amphib loads, and your paratroops. If the port is at strength 5 or higher after you take it you can load regular transports on the same turn and get them across.

Once you have a port up to strength 5 you can ship ground units without them having to spend a turn in the water vulnerable to counterattack. Get an HQ in there to bolster the attack. If you get bottled up you can try another landing elsewhere if the route is clear. Most likely though you can push through the defenders and just keep moving in more troops until your victory is inevitable. You will want to leave some troops in Britain after the conquest to prevent the Americans from retaking it.

Note that this will lead to earlier Soviet attack. You may have to fight defensively on that front for a time until you can shift forces back to the east.

I have had this work against the AI (ended up conquering the entire world in that game). I have never tried Sealion against a human opponent.

< Message edited by Xenocide -- 5/14/2019 4:31:39 PM >

Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Strategic Command Series >> Strategic Command WWII: World at War >> Newbie Questions Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI