Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

US BP lending Issue

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> World in Flames >> Tech Support >> US BP lending Issue Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
US BP lending Issue - 5/17/2019 9:57:36 PM   
ashkpa

Hi, trying to understand what may be going on. As seen in the screens the US is lending the USSR a BP while neutral. The CW has set up the Convoys to transport it to the USSR (using a mixture of CW, Ne and Be CPs - I am assuming that since NE and BE have been incompletely conquered and are controlled by the CW, that they act like CW convoys for transporting "resources").

The bottom of the Lending Screen shows a BP for Washington being designated for Russia.

However the US production screen does not show a resource going to RU, nor one being lost because it cannot be delivered (US has 10 production BP - it is not getting a resource from JP because of the embargo). So, there is no way for me to verify or alter any route for the US BP LL.

Two more post coming. First with the game file, second with another question.

Pat

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by ashkpa -- 5/17/2019 10:01:00 PM >
Post #: 1
RE: US BP lending Issue - 5/17/2019 10:01:34 PM   
ashkpa

Here is the game file.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to ashkpa)
Post #: 2
RE: US BP lending Issue - 5/17/2019 10:05:57 PM   
ashkpa

Second question, related to early mad exception posting. Per the screen I'm clicking on the Build Point area and I am given a list of potential CW factories. The program starts of with the default being London. If I click on a UK factory and click recompute, the programs accepts the change. If I click on a Canadian or a Indian factory, the program does not accept the change and reverts to a UK city (sometimes a different city than was first displayed, but always in the UK). Is there a restriction that CW BP LL must come from the UK built into the Matrix version?

Pat

Attachment (1)

(in reply to ashkpa)
Post #: 3
RE: US BP lending Issue - 5/18/2019 2:17:45 AM   
paulderynck

While neutral the only countries that can transport resources are the lender and the lendee. This was a result of the 2008 Errata and it outlawed FREX the CW providing CPs to get the conquered Persian oil not on RR lines to go to USSR. USSR was not active as they had only DoW'd the minor country of Persia and conquered it.

But the USA can't use it's CPs for lending (except to China) while it is neutral. This means that until the USSR is active, the only way a BP can be lent to it from a neutral USA is if the USSR provides the CPs, which is impossible because they only have 3. There is a late occurring US Entry Action in which the US can use its CPs but by then, usually, everyone is at war.

It may well be MWiF thinks a lend lease BP has to originate from the UK. This rules quote for going the other way round may have inspired that interpretation. "During the production step, you transport the promised build points to any city or major port in the recipient’s home country (Britain’s in the case of the Commonwealth)."

< Message edited by paulderynck -- 5/18/2019 2:26:02 AM >

Paul

(in reply to ashkpa)
Post #: 4
RE: US BP lending Issue - 5/18/2019 4:28:09 AM   
ashkpa

quote:

While neutral the only countries that can transport resources are the lender and the lendee. This was a result of the 2008 Errata and it outlawed FREX the CW providing CPs to get the conquered Persian oil not on RR lines to go to USSR. USSR was not active as they had only DoW'd the minor country of Persia and conquered it.

But the USA can't use it's CPs for lending (except to China) while it is neutral. This means that until the USSR is active, the only way a BP can be lent to it from a neutral USA is if the USSR provides the CPs, which is impossible because they only have 3. There is a late occurring US Entry Action in which the US can use its CPs but by then, usually, everyone is at war.

It may well be MWiF thinks a lend lease BP has to originate from the UK. This rules quote for going the other way round may have inspired that interpretation. "During the production step, you transport the promised build points to any city or major port in the recipient’s home country (Britain’s in the case of the Commonwealth)."

Relative to the US, I clearly saw that the US convoys cannot be used (very clearly state in the RAC), but I was not sure about the use of the CW convoys. Looks like they could be used once RU is active, but not before. Is that correct.

Also, isn't the production screen still in error. The US should be showing a "No Path (Lost)" BP I believe.

Relative to the potential limitation of CW BP lending from the UK, is it possible to get a clarification from Steve?

Thanks,

< Message edited by ashkpa -- 5/18/2019 4:29:56 AM >

(in reply to paulderynck)
Post #: 5
RE: US BP lending Issue - 5/18/2019 7:47:24 PM   
paulderynck

quote:

ORIGINAL: ashkpa

Relative to the US, I clearly saw that the US convoys cannot be used (very clearly state in the RAC), but I was not sure about the use of the CW convoys. Looks like they could be used once RU is active, but not before. Is that correct.

Yes as of the 2008 Errata which MWiF enforces.

Yeah the production screen looks odd, but Steve is best to answer those last two questions next time he checks in.

Paul

(in reply to ashkpa)
Post #: 6
RE: US BP lending Issue - 5/18/2019 8:23:23 PM   
ashkpa

OK thanks. Just a note, the US issue remained once I actually got to the EOT production phases. The US was not penalized for the errant lending of a BP to the USSR that could not be delivered.

Also, just noticed. The CW BP LL to Free France is not showing up on the production screen and did not happen in production (nothing getting through to FF and nothing be taken away from CW).

< Message edited by ashkpa -- 5/18/2019 10:43:43 PM >

(in reply to paulderynck)
Post #: 7
RE: US BP lending Issue - 5/19/2019 3:15:41 PM   
gw15

Note that the bottom section of the Trade Agreement form is a work in progress and may show false info sometimes.

quote:

ORIGINAL: ashkpa

Hi, trying to understand what may be going on. As seen in the screens the US is lending the USSR a BP while neutral. The CW has set up the Convoys to transport it to the USSR (using a mixture of CW, Ne and Be CPs - I am assuming that since NE and BE have been incompletely conquered and are controlled by the CW, that they act like CW convoys for transporting "resources").

The bottom of the Lending Screen shows a BP for Washington being designated for Russia.

However the US production screen does not show a resource going to RU, nor one being lost because it cannot be delivered (US has 10 production BP - it is not getting a resource from JP because of the embargo). So, there is no way for me to verify or alter any route for the US BP LL.

Two more post coming. First with the game file, second with another question.

Pat

(in reply to ashkpa)
Post #: 8
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> World in Flames >> Tech Support >> US BP lending Issue Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI