Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: Hello

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion >> RE: Hello Page: <<   < prev  6 7 [8] 9 10   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Hello - 5/12/2019 5:20:18 AM   
rico21

l

(in reply to rico21)
Post #: 211
RE: Hello - 5/12/2019 5:20:26 AM   
rico21

o

(in reply to rico21)
Post #: 212
RE: Hello - 5/12/2019 6:38:48 AM   
warspite1

quote:

ORIGINAL: Zap

Just be be clear, the reason you don't see me with 39,000+ post like one, Ah, I mean some posters is because mine are just quality. So if you took that into the calculation I would or should be awarded a number in the area of 500,000. No bragging just fact.
warspite1

I think you've missed a fundamental point Zapster ol' son and you conflate number of posts and quality of posts to come to the wrong arbitrary conclusion.

Yes there are some posters, such as yourself, with a relatively low post count / length of time on the forum. However, as you say, you make up for the low post count with the sheer quality of posts. Your posts are, without question, erudite, witty and, in the language of cool kids nowadays - always en point.

But equally there are those with similar posts/time % whose posts range from okay to simply meh....and of course Zorch fits into the latter category.

There are those with a solid, middling post count that also raise the bar in terms of quality – Orm is an example of this, with over 17,000 posts of the highest Scandinavian quality.

But your wish to denigrate those with a high post count, simply on the basis of a high post count, is just plain wrong. Shockingly so. Yes I agree there are posters with a large post count - and Chickenboy is an obvious example - where said post count is inflated to a ridiculous degree by posts that are (and let's be charitable here) complete and utter bilge. I mean I’m sure CB has written a sensible post at some point but I am struggling to remember one.

But I notice the target of your ire is a poster you refer to only by number of posts - 39,000+ - but don't name that poster. You are of course referring to me and I am extremely upset at this totally unwarranted attack on someone who is widely recognised as being Matrix's greatest living poster.

One only has to look at some of the posts to realise the greatness that lives within the very bosom of the Matrix family:

23 September 2009 – “Yes, I agree”

26 March 2011 – “+1”

4 April 2012 – “Oh get lost Zorch you maggot, you’re talking out of your behind as usual”

16 May 2014 – “Hello, is it me you’re looking for?”

4 August 2017 – “Vorsprung durch technik”

3 September 2018 - “I believe the children are our future”

12 May 2019 - "Bosom"

But don’t just take my word for it - look at the testimonials:

“I liKed waspite1 they are my Friends” - soojan

“A wordsmith to compare with Dickens, Shakespeare and all the greats” – Anonymous

"Is he still here?" - Numerous forumites

“That’s my boy!” – Mummy warspite1

“Er….who? what?” The New York Times

"I'm green buttoning this buffoon" - numerous forumites

"Marry me warspite1!!" - Jenna Coleman

"No marry me warspite1!!" - Alison Brie

“Wasn’t this the dumbarse that claimed to be the rightful heir to the British throne?” – The Daily Telegraph

“Haven’t we banned this bozo yet?” – The Matrix management team

"He said bosom fnarr, fnarr" - warspite1

I think the above is proof if proof be needs be, that what I am saying is correct (as usual). A full written apology is acceptable Zap.

< Message edited by warspite1 -- 5/12/2019 6:43:34 AM >

England expects that every man will do his duty. Horatio Nelson October 1805

(in reply to Zap)
Post #: 213
RE: Hello - 5/12/2019 7:48:20 AM   
rico21

o

(in reply to rico21)
Post #: 214
RE: Hello - 5/12/2019 7:48:27 AM   
rico21

l

(in reply to rico21)
Post #: 215
RE: Hello - 5/12/2019 7:48:35 AM   
rico21

l

(in reply to rico21)
Post #: 216
RE: Hello - 5/12/2019 7:48:45 AM   
rico21

e

(in reply to rico21)
Post #: 217
RE: Hello - 5/12/2019 7:48:54 AM   
rico21

H

(in reply to rico21)
Post #: 218
RE: Hello - 5/12/2019 1:39:34 PM   
Chickenboy

quote:

ORIGINAL: warspite1

quote:

Just be be clear, the reason you don't see me with 39,000+ post like one, Ah, I mean some posters is because mine are just quality. So if you took that into the calculation I would or should be awarded a number in the area of 500,000. No bragging just fact.
warspite1

I think you've missed a fundamental point Zapster ol' son and you conflate number of posts and quality of posts to come to the wrong arbitrary conclusion.

Yes there are some posters, such as yourself, with a relatively low post count / length of time on the forum.

OK. So far we're in agreement. An unusually well-written post thus far, Warspite1. Considering that you have difficulty with even the most basic written communication, I'm impressed.

quote:

However, as you say, you make up for the low post count with the sheer quality of posts. Your posts are, without question, erudite, witty and, in the language of cool kids nowadays - always en point.

OK. You lost me again.
quote:

But equally there are those with similar posts/time % whose posts range from okay to simply meh....and of course Zorch fits into the latter category.

OK. Back on track. Good boy, Warspite1. Good boy. Here's a cookie.
quote:

There are those with a solid, middling post count that also raise the bar in terms of quality – Orm is an example of this, with over 17,000 posts of the highest Scandinavian quality.

I don't understand. Do Orm's posts seem cold, overly-taxed and smelling like salmon?
quote:

But your wish to denigrate those with a high post count, simply on the basis of a high post count, is just plain wrong. Shockingly so. Yes I agree there are posters with a large post count - and Chickenboy is an obvious example - where said post count is inflated to a ridiculous degree by posts that are paragons of virtue. Why, I'm unworthy to virtually grovel before him and lick his e-boots.

OK. Tracking you again.
quote:

But I notice the target of your ire is a poster you refer to only by number of posts - 39,000+ - but don't name that poster. You are of course referring to me and I am extremely upset at this totally unwarranted attack on someone who is widely recognised as being Matrix's greatest living poster.

OK. Still in agreement. Except for the unwarranted bit. And the 'greatest' bit, I'm in full agreement with everything here.

quote:

One only has to look at some of the posts to realise the greatness that lives within the very bosom of the Matrix family:

23 September 2009 – “Yes, I agree”

26 March 2011 – “+1”

4 April 2012 – “Oh get lost Zorch you maggot, you’re talking out of your behind as usual”

16 May 2014 – “Hello, is it me you’re looking for?”

4 August 2017 – “Vorsprung durch technik”

3 September 2018 - “I believe the children are our future”

12 May 2019 - "Bosom"

But don’t just take my word for it - look at the testimonials:

“I liKed waspite1 they are my Friends” - soojan

“A wordsmith to compare with Dickens, Shakespeare and all the greats” – Anonymous

"Is he still here?" - Numerous forumites

“That’s my boy!” – Mummy warspite1

“Er….who? what?” The New York Times

"I'm green buttoning this buffoon" - numerous forumites

"Marry me warspite1!!" - Jenna Coleman

"No marry me warspite1!!" - Alison Brie

“Wasn’t this the dumbarse that claimed to be the rightful heir to the British throne?” – The Daily Telegraph

“Haven’t we banned this bozo yet?” – The Matrix management team

"He said bosom fnarr, fnarr" - warspite1

I think the above is proof if proof be needs be, that what I am saying is correct (as usual). A full written apology is acceptable Zap.

Don't forget 'bottom'. I have that in my notes from October 3, 2015. That was a great post. Unlike your other 39317.

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 219
RE: Hello - 5/12/2019 8:39:43 PM   
Zap

quote:

However, as you say, you make up for the low post count with the sheer quality of posts. Your posts are, without question, erudite, witty and, in the language of cool kids nowadays - always en point.

OK. You lost me again.
quote:

My old friend Warspite1 was right on target with that very observant post. The fact you lost him might be due to the post being so truthful.

(in reply to Chickenboy)
Post #: 220
RE: Hello - 5/12/2019 8:49:38 PM   
Zap

My ol friend Warspite1 I'm sorry you misunderstood my statement. It was Hyperbole meant to attract the attention of the management at Matrix. Who should recognize greatness when they see it. I'm surprised they have not raised my post count as of yet.

Yes, I see the immense effort you put into your post. a toast.

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 221
RE: Hello - 5/12/2019 10:23:04 PM   
Zorch

quote:

ORIGINAL: Chickenboy

quote:

ORIGINAL: warspite1

quote:

warspite1

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Somehow I missed that post. Must've been because Matrix turns on blocking Warspite by default for all new members.

< Message edited by Zorch -- 5/12/2019 10:41:02 PM >

(in reply to Chickenboy)
Post #: 222
RE: Hello - 5/13/2019 10:33:15 PM   
Cataphract88

I think Marylee has been frightened away.

Richard

(in reply to Zorch)
Post #: 223
RE: Hello - 5/13/2019 10:42:39 PM   
Zap

I can't understand why? With such a warm welcome!

(in reply to Cataphract88)
Post #: 224
RE: Hello - 5/15/2019 3:29:29 PM   
Orm

Doesn't matter if it is a warm welcome, or not. A real spammer never stays to check.

Have a bit more patience with newbies. Of course some of them act dumb -- they're often students, for heaven's sake. - Terry Pratchett

(in reply to Zap)
Post #: 225
RE: Hello - 5/15/2019 3:45:53 PM   
durangokid

Sorry, I'm a bit late. Did I miss anything? Or are the Usual Suspects knocking up their post count?

(in reply to Orm)
Post #: 226
RE: Hello - 5/15/2019 4:09:30 PM   
Lecivius

quote:

ORIGINAL: durangokid

Sorry, I'm a bit late. Did I miss anything? Or are the Usual Suspects knocking up their post count?

I have not been on in several pages. The 'usual suspects' are being outposted by the 'unusual people'

If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

(in reply to durangokid)
Post #: 227
RE: Hello - 5/15/2019 4:10:40 PM   
Orm

quote:

Now they are.

Have a bit more patience with newbies. Of course some of them act dumb -- they're often students, for heaven's sake. - Terry Pratchett

(in reply to durangokid)
Post #: 228
RE: Hello - 5/15/2019 4:36:51 PM   
Chickenboy

quote:

ORIGINAL: Lecivius

quote:

I have not been on in several pages. The 'usual suspects' are being outposted by the 'unusual people'

Au contraire! Sometimes the usual people are the unusual people!

(in reply to Lecivius)
Post #: 229
RE: Hello - 5/15/2019 4:37:10 PM   
Chickenboy

quote:

ORIGINAL: Orm

quote:

Now they are.

Oh! Snap!

(in reply to Orm)
Post #: 230
RE: Hello - 5/15/2019 6:54:46 PM   
Titanwarrior89

Spamizods. I made that word up...I think.

"Before Guadalcanal the enemy advanced at his pleasure. After Guadalcanal, he retreated at ours".

"Mama, There's Rabbits in the Garden"

(in reply to Chickenboy)
Post #: 231
RE: Hello - 5/15/2019 7:00:25 PM   
Zap

quote:

ORIGINAL: Titanwarrior89

If the word Spamizods is used enough times this year to become popular usage it will be added to the English dictionary. Your word needs a definiton though.

(in reply to Titanwarrior89)
Post #: 232
RE: Hello - 5/15/2019 7:03:12 PM   
Orm

quote:

quote:

If the word Spamizods is used enough times this year to become popular usage it will be added to the English dictionary. Your word needs a definiton though.

If enough people use it for a similar purpose, then I think that the 'English dictionary' will decide on a definition when they add it. If it isn't clearly defined already, that is.

(in reply to Zap)
Post #: 233
RE: Hello - 5/15/2019 7:09:54 PM   
Zap

quote:

quote:

Let me help you with some suggestions.

Definition of Spamizod or Spamizods. 1.People who have a command of the spam language. 2. Highly intelligent person who can make poetry out of spam.

I'm sure others could add to Spamizods definition.

(in reply to Zap)
Post #: 234
RE: Hello - 5/15/2019 8:49:55 PM   
Chickenboy

quote:

quote:

Does the word 'definiton' need a definition as well?

(in reply to Zap)
Post #: 235
RE: Hello - 5/15/2019 8:51:22 PM   
Chickenboy

quote:

quote:

quote:

Let me help you with some suggestions.

Definition of Spamizod or Spamizods. 1.People who have a command of the spam language. 2. Highly intelligent person who can make poetry out of spam.

I'm sure others could add to Spamizods definition.

Well, any definition (such as your second one there) that doesn't apply to Warspite1's spambo-poetry is insufficient, I fear.

(in reply to Zap)
Post #: 236
RE: Hello - 5/15/2019 9:25:53 PM   
Zap

quote:

ORIGINAL: Chickenboy

quote:

quote:

Does the word 'definiton' need a definition as well?

Lets not leave any stone un-turned. By all means please define, definition. As to that end we must clarify all as to be transparent

(in reply to Chickenboy)
Post #: 237
RE: Hello - 5/16/2019 4:20:07 AM   
Titanwarrior89

Alrighty then

"Before Guadalcanal the enemy advanced at his pleasure. After Guadalcanal, he retreated at ours".

(in reply to Orm)
Post #: 238
RE: Hello - 5/16/2019 4:21:28 AM   
Titanwarrior89

I would agree.

(in reply to Chickenboy)
Post #: 239
RE: Hello - 5/18/2019 1:21:49 AM   
Zap

quote:

ORIGINAL: demyansk

1002 let's make this the Monster thread

Looks like your prediction won't come true. Spam is a filling meal everyone seems full.

(in reply to demyansk)
Post #: 240
Page:   <<   < prev  6 7 [8] 9 10   next >   >>
All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion >> RE: Hello Page: <<   < prev  6 7 [8] 9 10   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI