Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: New Grand Prix Season Is Almost Upon Us!!!

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion >> RE: New Grand Prix Season Is Almost Upon Us!!! Page: <<   < prev  41 42 [43] 44 45   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: New Grand Prix Season Is Almost Upon Us!!! - 5/3/2019 1:46:44 PM   
Crossroads

Not much discussion about last weekend, then. But it figures, Bottas 2.0 is a rather boring person. I guess they should continue to focus on Iceman 6.0 instead. Too bad the new Alfa Romeo doesn't seem to be what the early testing results sort of promised it to be.

(in reply to Capt. Harlock)
Post #: 1261
RE: New Grand Prix Season Is Almost Upon Us!!! - 5/3/2019 4:13:21 PM   
warspite1

quote:

ORIGINAL: Crossroads

Not much discussion about last weekend, then. But it figures, Bottas 2.0 is a rather boring person. I guess they should continue to focus on Iceman 6.0 instead. Too bad the new Alfa Romeo doesn't seem to be what the early testing results sort of promised it to be.
warspite1

I think it's difficult to tell how good or bad the Alfa is given the driver line-up. I could just about understand employing Kimi if put alongside a real hot-shoe, but there is nothing in Giovanazzi's previous performances to suggest that is the case - and nothing this year so far either.

England expects that every man will do his duty. Horatio Nelson October 1805

(in reply to Crossroads)
Post #: 1262
RE: New Grand Prix Season Is Almost Upon Us!!! - 5/4/2019 8:02:18 PM   
Orm

Its been a really long time now. Several years, in fact. Does the season ever arrive? Or is it like a end of the world thingie? The end is near, but not just yet. Maybe tomorrow. Although that tomorrow doesn't seem to arrive.

Have a bit more patience with newbies. Of course some of them act dumb -- they're often students, for heaven's sake. - Terry Pratchett

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 1263
RE: New Grand Prix Season Is Almost Upon Us!!! - 5/12/2019 5:43:00 PM   
Crossroads

I did not have a chance to watch the race today. Seems Bottas 2.0 was downgraded to Bottas 1.5?

(in reply to Orm)
Post #: 1264
RE: New Grand Prix Season Is Almost Upon Us!!! - 5/12/2019 6:37:33 PM   
warspite1

quote:

I did not have a chance to watch the race today. Seems Bottas 2.0 was downgraded to Bottas 1.5?
warspite1

My feeling is that Valtieri is driving really well at the moment. But the huge gap in qualifying really hurt Lewis - even though he had some mitigants. Lewis just drove as though he was going to make up for it. To be TWO SECONDS faster than anyone else on the first lap after the safety car says a lot about his state of mind. So I would not blame Bottas as much as hail Lewis' performance today.

(in reply to Crossroads)
Post #: 1265
RE: New Grand Prix Season Is Almost Upon Us!!! - 5/12/2019 6:47:31 PM   
Crossroads

quote:

ORIGINAL: warspite1

quote:

warspite1

My feeling is that Valtieri is driving really well at the moment. But the huge gap in qualifying really hurt Lewis - even though he had some mitigants. Lewis just drove as though he was going to make up for it. To be TWO SECONDS faster than anyone else on the first lap after the safety car says a lot about his state of mind. So I would not blame Bottas as much as hail Lewis' performance today.

Lewis quite something isn't he. Hopefully he continues for a good few years, so whoever will be the Next Big Thing will have to race him.

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 1266
RE: New Grand Prix Season Is Almost Upon Us!!! - 5/12/2019 7:06:01 PM   
warspite1

quote:

quote:

quote:

warspite1

Lewis quite something isn't he. Hopefully he continues for a good few years, so whoever will be the Next Big Thing will have to race him.
warspite1

The next big thing is already here.... make no mistake, Max Verstappen is (all things being equal) going to be a multiple world champion and - given his age - all records are there for the taking. He is a truly special driver.

Charles Leclerc meanwhile is showing a good turn of speed. He's making a lot of mistakes at the moment but that can be forgiven given that he is so young and inexperienced. Furthermore, because he drives for the Prancing Horse, his errors are magnified.

(in reply to Crossroads)
Post #: 1267
RE: New Grand Prix Season Is Almost Upon Us!!! - 5/12/2019 7:38:23 PM   
Crossroads

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

warspite1

warspite1

The next big thing is already here.... make no mistake, Max Verstappen is (all things being equal) going to be a multiple world champion and - given his age - all records are there for the taking. He is a truly special driver.

Charles Leclerc meanwhile is showing a good turn of speed. He's making a lot of mistakes at the moment but that can be forgiven given that he is so young and inexperienced. Furthermore, because he drives for the Prancing Horse, his errors are magnified.

I'd go with Verstappen as well. In addition to his skills he's got the, what's should I call it, well sheer arrogance that seems to be required to stay at the very top there.

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 1268
RE: New Grand Prix Season Is Almost Upon Us!!! - 5/13/2019 12:04:29 AM   
Poopyhead

Toto Wolff comments that Lewis may drive for Ferrari some day:

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/hamilton-wants-mercedes-apos-most-200627518.html

Astrologers believe that your future is determined on the day that you are born.
Warriors know that your future is determined on the day that your enemy dies.

(in reply to Crossroads)
Post #: 1269
RE: New Grand Prix Season Is Almost Upon Us!!! - 5/21/2019 2:38:46 AM   
Capt. Harlock

R.I.P. Niki Lauda

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-48345660

Civil war? What does that mean? Is there any foreign war? Isn't every war fought between men, between brothers?

--Victor Hugo

(in reply to Poopyhead)
Post #: 1270
RE: New Grand Prix Season Is Almost Upon Us!!! - 5/21/2019 5:09:14 AM   
warspite1

quote:

ORIGINAL: Capt. Harlock

R.I.P. Niki Lauda

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-48345660
warspite1

A remarkable man - he redefined the words courage and single mindedness - and a great driver. Sadly this hasn't come as a surprise. His continued absence from the Mercedes garage confirmed something was clearly not right following his major operation last year. But this is still a shock - Niki was in F1 when I became interested in the sport and for a long time - on and off - afterwards. Sad day.

RIP - Niki Lauda

(in reply to Capt. Harlock)
Post #: 1271
RE: New Grand Prix Season Is Almost Upon Us!!! - 5/23/2019 4:22:17 PM   
Poopyhead

https://www.formula1.com/en/latest/article.mercedes-lauda-was-the-heart-and-soul-of-formula-1.2Ktxj1JToHogTMxng9W6hR.html

Self-determination epitomized.

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=movie+rush&&view=detail&mid=B6AEE87C879A6244CDB7B6AEE87C879A6244CDB7&&FORM=VRDGAR

"Every true story ends in death." - Hemingway

< Message edited by Poopyhead -- 5/23/2019 4:28:58 PM >

Astrologers believe that your future is determined on the day that you are born.

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 1272
RE: New Grand Prix Season Is Almost Upon Us!!! - 5/23/2019 6:02:12 PM   
Orm

R.I.P. Nikki Lauda.

Have a bit more patience with newbies. Of course some of them act dumb -- they're often students, for heaven's sake. - Terry Pratchett

(in reply to Poopyhead)
Post #: 1273
RE: New Grand Prix Season Is Almost Upon Us!!! - 5/26/2019 7:47:07 PM   
warspite1

What a drive from Lewis today - a drive that befits the memory of the legend the F1 world lost this week. Gritty, instinctive and intelligent.

Attachment (3)

(in reply to Orm)
Post #: 1274
RE: New Grand Prix Season Is Almost Upon Us!!! - 5/27/2019 10:07:50 PM   
Poopyhead

Well it's a fitting tribute that Lewis won.

However, I guess that Mercedes couldn't just radio Lewis and tell him, "If you drive your usual pace with Verstappen right behind you, then Max will end up more than his 5 penalty seconds ahead of Bottas and we lose the other podium." I was surprised that no one connected those dots.

Leb' wohl, Nikki!

---

Disgraceful decision by the stewards in Montreal. Let the racers race.

https://www.formula1.com/en/latest/article.vettels-canada-penalty-the-stewards-decision-in-full.LgUCvccAD1MrhGG6oYkZs.html

< Message edited by Poopyhead -- 6/10/2019 5:32:31 PM >

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 1275
RE: New Grand Prix Season Is Almost Upon Us!!! - 6/21/2019 6:25:03 AM   
warspite1

Ferrari's case (apparently not an appeal??) will be heard today. Not sure how that is possible but there you go. I am afraid I have absolutely no confidence in the FIA. If Lewis is allowed to keep his Canadian GP win I will be very surprised....

(in reply to Poopyhead)
Post #: 1276
RE: New Grand Prix Season Is Almost Upon Us!!! - 6/21/2019 5:03:25 PM   
warspite1

quote:

Ferrari's case (apparently not an appeal??) will be heard today. Not sure how that is possible but there you go. I am afraid I have absolutely no confidence in the FIA. If Lewis is allowed to keep his Canadian GP win I will be very surprised....
warspite1

...phew I shouldn't have doubted the FIA - apparently Ferrari came to the meeting without any new evidence..... they really are doing themselves no favours...

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 1277
RE: New Grand Prix Season Is Almost Upon Us!!! - 6/22/2019 4:10:18 PM   
Poopyhead

Lawyers should not decide race results. Even if the call was spot on, the Stewards should have shown respect for the process and not announced the decision until well after the race. Lewis put himself too close to Vettel when he re-entered the track, forcing the call. If the cars had collided and both been out of the points, I'm quite sure that Toto would have asked Lewis what he was doing. It doesn't look like it will matter ultimately, but should Lewis win the Championship by less than 7 points over Vettel...

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 1278
RE: New Grand Prix Season Is Almost Upon Us!!! - 6/22/2019 4:45:44 PM   
warspite1

quote:

ORIGINAL: Poopyhead

Lawyers should not decide race results. Even if the call was spot on, the Stewards should have shown respect for the process and not announced the decision until well after the race. Lewis put himself too close to Vettel when he re-entered the track, forcing the call. If the cars had collided and both been out of the points, I'm quite sure that Toto would have asked Lewis what he was doing. It doesn't look like it will matter ultimately, but should Lewis win the Championship by less than 7 points over Vettel...
warspite1

100% agree that race results need to be decided at the time - not in the court room.

But we will have to agree to disagree on the apportioning of blame for the near accident. Lewis was not responsible for covering up for Seb's mistake. Seb was responsible for rejoining the track safely. And he didn't.

(in reply to Poopyhead)
Post #: 1279
RE: New Grand Prix Season Is Almost Upon Us!!! - 6/22/2019 5:36:47 PM   
Elessar2

F1...bah.

Currently watching the Nurburgring 24 hours. No Tilke abominations here (welp for 2 minutes per lap maybe).

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 1280
RE: New Grand Prix Season Is Almost Upon Us!!! - 6/24/2019 2:29:40 PM   
tomplatz

Hey. I am new to this forum. I love to watch F1. It was a great weekend in France, and I congratulate the Mercedes team on their victory. Unfortunately, Vettel again under pressure could not show a good race but Leclerc did a really good job and I hope he will be next champion in couple years

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 1281
RE: New Grand Prix Season Is Almost Upon Us!!! - 6/24/2019 4:33:39 PM   
warspite1

quote:

ORIGINAL: tomplatz

Hey. I am new to this forum. I love to watch F1. It was a great weekend in France, and I congratulate the Mercedes team on their victory. Unfortunately, Vettel again under pressure could not show a good race but Leclerc did a really good job and I hope he will be next champion in couple years
warspite1

Welcome to the F1 section

Seb will surely walk away at the end of the season? On pure speed Leclerc has him beaten. Only the inexperience of youth has seen Leclerc come of worse overall this season. If he can iron out those errors Charles will be a force to be reckoned with in the coming years.

(in reply to tomplatz)
Post #: 1282
RE: New Grand Prix Season Is Almost Upon Us!!! - 6/25/2019 8:30:39 AM   
tomplatz

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: tomplatz

warspite1

Welcome to the F1 section

Seb will surely walk away at the end of the season? On pure speed Leclerc has him beaten. Only the inexperience of youth has seen Leclerc come of worse overall this season. If he can iron out those errors Charles will be a force to be reckoned with in the coming years.

Thanks for the warm greeting. It is nice to hear that someone support my idea
I hope we will see some battle between Hamilton and Verstappen or Leclerc for example because it is boring to see battle only between Mercedes teammates.

The strongest wins

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 1283
RE: New Grand Prix Season Is Almost Upon Us!!! - 7/2/2019 5:02:21 AM   
warspite1

Well that was exciting!! After the bore fest that was the French Grand Prix, the Austrian race could not have been more different. Great drive from Max, Leclerc drove well also but that first win (that he should have got in Bahrain) remains elusive. Lewis and Valteri drove well in challenging circumstances for the Mercs. With Europe suffering from a severe heatwave, Mercedes need to sort their cooling problems pronto or they may have more of this type of race ahead.....

(in reply to tomplatz)
Post #: 1284
RE: New Grand Prix Season Is Almost Upon Us!!! - 7/20/2019 2:40:52 AM   
warspite1

7 out of 10! Get in there Lewis!! (as Bono would say)

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by warspite1 -- 7/20/2019 2:42:06 AM >

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 1285
RE: New Grand Prix Season Is Almost Upon Us!!! - 8/1/2019 7:59:39 PM   
warspite1

Does anyone else think Max is a real contender for the title this year?? #morethanalittleworried

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 1286
RE: New Grand Prix Season Is Almost Upon Us!!! - 8/14/2019 2:21:30 AM   
warspite1

Gasly sacked and demoted to Toro Rosso! Well Red Bull didn't give him much time did they? Although I suppose being lapped by your team mate in two races this season wasn't a positive....

I must say I don't envy the task Alex Albon has on his hands as team mate to Max....

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 1287
RE: New Grand Prix Season Is Almost Upon Us!!! - 8/30/2019 8:51:09 PM   
warspite1

Just watched a decent half hour program from BBC Wales about the late Tom Pryce - the only Welshman to have won an F1 race (albeit a non-championship one) - and his tragic demise in the ill-fated South African Grand Prix in 1977. Available on BBC iplayer under the name Mavericks The Lost Heroes.

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 1288
RE: New Grand Prix Season Is Almost Upon Us!!! - 8/31/2019 8:56:23 PM   
warspite1

Absolutely horrific accident in the Belgian F2 race today . RIP Antoine Hubert.

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 1289
RE: New Grand Prix Season Is Almost Upon Us!!! - 9/1/2019 7:33:38 PM   
warspite1

Fitting that Charles Leclerc should achieve his first victory on this sad weekend in particular. Great drives from both Charles and Lewis today.

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 1290
Page:   <<   < prev  41 42 [43] 44 45   next >   >>
All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion >> RE: New Grand Prix Season Is Almost Upon Us!!! Page: <<   < prev  41 42 [43] 44 45   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI