Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Saw these fellows flying over the beach yesterday (P-51 & P-40)

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Saw these fellows flying over the beach yesterday (P-51 & P-40) Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Saw these fellows flying over the beach yesterday (P-51... - 5/27/2019 9:43:20 AM   
JohnDillworth

Lots of others TBF, Helldiver, B-17G C-47 and a beautiful B-25 doing low level high speed passes. Some nitwit though painting TV advertising all over the B-25 was a good idea. loved these 2 in particular

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by JohnDillworth -- 5/27/2019 3:26:31 PM >

Today I come bearing an olive branch in one hand, and the freedom fighter's gun in the other. Do not let the olive branch fall from my hand. I repeat, do not let the olive branch fall from my hand. - Yasser Arafat Speech to UN General Assembly
Post #: 1
RE: Saw these fellows flying over hte beach yeasterday - 5/27/2019 1:00:48 PM   
RangerJoe

Very nice!

Seek peace but keep your gun handy.

I'm not a complete idiot, some parts are missing!

“Illegitemus non carborundum est (“Don’t let the bastards grind you down”).”
― Julia Child

(in reply to JohnDillworth)
Post #: 2
RE: Saw these fellows flying over hte beach yeasterday - 5/27/2019 2:21:55 PM   
Elessar2

Are "Jacky" and "Jacqueline" the same person? Will they dogfight for her honor?

(in reply to RangerJoe)
Post #: 3
RE: Saw these fellows flying over hte beach yeasterday - 5/27/2019 2:54:20 PM   
Canoerebel

Beautiful! We're you flying in formation with them?

Perhaps its a generational thing - we are the children/grandchildren of the WWII vets and grew up with the period toys, movies, shows, etc. - but the WWII uniforms, aircraft, ships, tanks and other vehicles seem to be the most beautiful/interesting ever. (Kinda like '70s music turned out to be about the best ever.)

(in reply to Elessar2)
Post #: 4
RE: Saw these fellows flying over the beach yessterday ... - 5/27/2019 2:59:27 PM   
Korvar

quote:

ORIGINAL: JohnDillworth

Some nitwit though painting TV advertising all over the B-25 was a good idea.

I get what you're saying; however, the silver lining may be (assuming the contract was negotiated correctly), the advertiser will pay for a lot which helps keep the B-25 flying.

The B-25 is a two-pilot plane often flown by volunteers; in this case they will be paid for all contract flights (to/from locations, any test flights, actual filming flights, etc.). Pro-rated maintenance and all necessary fuel will also be covered in the contract. In addition, the advertiser will pay for all painting of the aircraft, including restoring it to the original paint scheme. So in the end the aircraft has a brand-new appropriate paint job, the crew (including ground crew) has made some money, necessary maintenance/repairs have been made, and this is all on top of the fee the advertiser will pay to the owner.

Post #: 5
RE: Saw these fellows flying over hte beach yeasterday - 5/27/2019 3:28:26 PM   
Lokasenna

quote:

ORIGINAL: Canoerebel

Beautiful! We're you flying in formation with them?

Perhaps its a generational thing - we are the children/grandchildren of the WWII vets and grew up with the period toys, movies, shows, etc. - but the WWII uniforms, aircraft, ships, tanks and other vehicles seem to be the most beautiful/interesting ever. (Kinda like '70s music turned out to be about the best ever.)

Some great foundational rock pieces, yes, especially in the "southern rock" genre (which is making something of a comeback with some modern groups)...

But there was some music from the 70s that was awful. Like the pina colada song, among others. Which is not to say that there aren't annoying/awful songs now. I guess what I'm saying is... the 70s weren't that much different from now, when it comes to the quality of the best music. For rock, I'd put it a notch above given the generative nature of the 70s (not that the best modern rock is simply derivative, but they're not the firsts).

(in reply to Canoerebel)
Post #: 6
RE: Saw these fellows flying over the beach yessterday ... - 5/27/2019 3:31:10 PM   
JohnDillworth

Far enough. Here is the B-25 in all it's advertised glory

Attachment (1)

Today I come bearing an olive branch in one hand, and the freedom fighter's gun in the other. Do not let the olive branch fall from my hand. I repeat, do not let the olive branch fall from my hand. - Yasser Arafat Speech to UN General Assembly

(in reply to Korvar)
Post #: 7
RE: Saw these fellows flying over the beach yessterday ... - 5/27/2019 3:33:39 PM   
JohnDillworth

and one from the top

Attachment (1)

(in reply to Korvar)
Post #: 8
RE: Saw these fellows flying over hte beach yeasterday - 5/27/2019 3:42:50 PM   
JohnDillworth

Agree about the music. At least for popular music. My tastes generally run a couple of centuries earlier. There is a certain beauty to a piece of well maintained machinery. I'm not really a car guy but I appreciate what it takes to keep some of those old beauties running. I like looking at the vintage (and modern) aircraft but I'm glad that they have the air show the day before Memorial day and not the day of. The proper place for most of the pageantry is Veterans Day. Veterans day is to honor all those that war the uniform. Memorial Day is to honor those that never got the chance to take it off.

(in reply to Canoerebel)
Post #: 9
RE: Saw these fellows flying over hte beach yeasterday - 5/27/2019 4:34:27 PM   
Korvar

George Clooney is involved with the production and directing of Catch-22, so the B-25 owner likely was paid good money to do that advertising. Those are only vinyl (or similar) decals, not paint, so they should be pretty easy to take off without harming the aircraft's finish. Another good thing is at least Catch-22 is about B-25 crews; before the pictures I was half expecting advertising from some random car dealership.

Post #: 10
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Saw these fellows flying over the beach yesterday (P-51 & P-40) Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI