Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Hooked on Kenshi

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion >> Hooked on Kenshi Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Hooked on Kenshi - 5/27/2019 8:09:16 PM   
TulliusDetritus

ditto

This game is some sort of madmaxesque post-apocalyptic alien world. And it is hilariously brutal. A brutality you would hardly believe I never liked the fantasy games like Zelda ie princesses, wizards, knights, magic spells...

Kenshi world is filled with Starving / Hungry / Dust Bandits, Ninjas, religious and slavers nutters, huge packs of assorted cannibals and other crazy psycopaths.

But the most impressive thing is the world or planet itself. Designed by a very talented geology fanboy, the different biomes are utterly astonishing. Plus the music.

The key in this game is that consistent failure is required to advance. And beatings are the norm: your hero or small horde half dead by the side of the road after a battle vs a goat You start as a worthless character and from there either you grow or die. Stealing, smuggling hash... you're simply not told what to do. A cult game already.

Anybody on these parts of the internets tried this?

Attachment (1)

a nu cheeki breeki iv damke
Post #: 1
RE: Hooked on Kenshi - 5/28/2019 12:51:42 AM   
Will_L

I'll have to check in with my nephew because he's either already into it or will definitely want to know about.
Nice find

(in reply to TulliusDetritus)
Post #: 2
RE: Hooked on Kenshi - 5/28/2019 10:43:58 AM   
TulliusDetritus

quote:

ORIGINAL: Will_L

I'll have to check in with my nephew because he's either already into it or will definitely want to know about.
Nice find

He might like it, who knows. Really crazy game, or chaos interacting with chaos. On my game, slave traders appeared and enslaved knocked out bandits my horde had trashed. When these guys are around you better don't pass out. And yet, some players "choose" the slavery path. It builds your strength, toughness (you assault your fellow slaves or guards in the mines and you get trashed). You increase lockpicking (opening your cage) and stealth (moving around at night) and assassination (stealth KO guards = more beating = half dead = more toughness) skills. And finally you escape when you've become a menace, a tough assassin, thief. Really crazy and hilarious.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to Will_L)
Post #: 3
RE: Hooked on Kenshi - 5/28/2019 12:59:48 PM   
wodin

I've seen this many times over the last few years. I keep thinking about getting it but was always concerned it wasn't finished. Seems it's good to go.

Post #: 4
RE: Hooked on Kenshi - 5/28/2019 1:51:23 PM   
TulliusDetritus

quote:

ORIGINAL: wodin
I've seen this many times over the last few years. I keep thinking about getting it but was always concerned it wasn't finished. Seems it's good to go.

Definitely playable. The guy who made it is a countryman of yours based in London. He had to work part time as a security guard while making this game.

I am being literal when I say it's brutal. *Everything* will kill you, you're not some ridiculous kick a** warrior / god and will need to build your skills. How? Savage beatings are your friend: make sure you survive though In case of doubt, run and don't look back.

On my current playthrough I plan to be a drug warlord, selling hash at 400% of the price. This primitive accumulation of capital should allow me to start even more sordid ventures. Choices are infinite.

No ABCD idiocies, the sort of game I want. I hate errands

(in reply to wodin)
Post #: 5
RE: Hooked on Kenshi - 5/28/2019 2:00:39 PM   
wodin

Sounds a lot like an Asian Mount and Blade. I'm looking forward to the release of the new M&B whenever that will be.

Post #: 6
RE: Hooked on Kenshi - 5/28/2019 2:59:19 PM   
rico21

Is there a wall?

Post #: 7
RE: Hooked on Kenshi - 5/28/2019 4:20:44 PM   
TulliusDetritus

The outpost I plan to build somewhere along my line of communication between my supplier and customer will certainly have a small beautiful fence.

(in reply to rico21)
Post #: 8
RE: Hooked on Kenshi - 5/30/2019 11:18:00 PM   
Will_L

He's intrigued by it, says he'll pick it up mid-June and sends his thanks for mentioning it.

Post #: 9
RE: Hooked on Kenshi - 5/31/2019 10:08:22 AM   
TulliusDetritus

quote:

ORIGINAL: Will_L
He's intrigued by it, says he'll pick it up mid-June and sends his thanks for mentioning it.

You're welcome. Not for everyone, but the game is unique: good luck protecting your loaf of dry bread.

"Ever play a game where a faction will, if they catch you, put you into a big peeling machine that tears your skin (and arms and legs) off so the faction members can go all Buffalo Bill on you?

Welcome to Kenshi
"

(in reply to Will_L)
Post #: 10
RE: Hooked on Kenshi - 6/2/2019 4:21:06 PM   
Ekaton

Kenshi is quite good but it lacks depth in some areas and is still quite buggy, but overall it's pretty amazing. I got it on release as an EA title, it did grow quite well.

I need ten females for each male...

Post #: 11
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion >> Hooked on Kenshi Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll