Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

On Twitch

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Close Combat – The Bloody First >> On Twitch Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
On Twitch - 6/3/2019 10:23:12 PM   
canuckgamer

I thought there was supposed to be some gameplay of Close Combat: The Bloody First on Twitch today?
Post #: 1
RE: On Twitch - 6/3/2019 10:55:37 PM   
Titan

im watching as we speak

(in reply to canuckgamer)
Post #: 2
RE: On Twitch - 6/4/2019 12:12:06 AM   
Destraex

From about 38mins in close combat and a close combat interview is shown. The first thing I notice is that they admit to speeding things up, but this can of course be slowed down. They are say they have added a fire direction indicator, I thought this was in the originals but it has been so long.
https://www.twitch.tv/videos/433955971?t=40m08s

(in reply to Titan)
Post #: 3
RE: On Twitch - 6/4/2019 1:03:45 AM   
canuckgamer

I am not registered for Twitch but did view a part of the broadcast. I am a long time player of the Combat Mission series and some of my comments about Close Combat: The Bloody First are influenced by Combat Mission.
In one of the battles mortars were ordered to barrage a specific position. There was no mention of whether there had to be a spotter with a line of sight to the target location giving the coordinates to the mortars. In Combat Mission a mortar cannot barrage a location unless a spotter who they are in communication with has a line of sight to the target location. Also it didn't seem like there was any delay in the mortar conducting the barrage which again happens in Combat Mission.
The skeleton skull when there is a KIA seems out of place and more appropriate for a fantasy game. How about a cross instead?
In regards to infantry moving do they suffer fatigue given the type of move order they are given such as fast, or sneak?
How will players connect up for multiplayer? Will it be like the Slitherine PBEM server?

(in reply to Destraex)
Post #: 4
RE: On Twitch - 6/4/2019 11:37:31 AM   
LeeChard

Do you think this will make it to you-tube? I don't have a smart phone
and I don't know what 'Twitch' is

(in reply to canuckgamer)
Post #: 5
RE: On Twitch - 6/4/2019 11:47:29 AM   
Nomada_Firefox

You do not need a phone or be registered if you want watch the video from the twitch.

(in reply to LeeChard)
Post #: 6
RE: On Twitch - 6/4/2019 5:52:15 PM   
SteveMcClaire

Mortar targeting in TBF is something that's being discussed with the beta testers. That said Close Combat has always been a little more abstract than Combat Mission in terms of how communication is modeled.

Infantry do suffer from fatigue -- for movement it depends on what sort of order they're given and how much weight the soldier is carrying.

Multi-player match making is done via the Slitherine lobby.

Steve

(in reply to Nomada_Firefox)
Post #: 7
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Close Combat – The Bloody First >> On Twitch Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI