Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Naval Combat Mad Except

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> World in Flames >> Tech Support >> Naval Combat Mad Except Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Naval Combat Mad Except - 6/4/2019 9:47:49 PM   
ashkpa

Hello, I got a mad except repeatedly in the my game at the end of a naval combat (repeatly as I tried to get past the phase with the initial results). Here is the first MAD except file. In working to get through it I found out a couple of things and those will be posted next.

Pat

Attachment (1)
Post #: 1
RE: Naval Combat Mad Except - 6/4/2019 10:03:07 PM   
ashkpa

So, In the attached files are four game files (this and the next post - 2 in each zipped file). The first starts near the first round, all of them except the last end in a mad except. Here is the sequence of steps to go through (note, not all decisions are shown, so use common sense when working through this). No air should react at the beginning of rounds 2 and 3. Note, these rolls are not the same as when I went through this the very first time, but they result in the same basic result.

Round 1 AX 2, AL 6
File tmp1.GAM saved here.
Axis choose a surface and engage only the 1 and 2 box
Reduce axis damage to an Abort (they need a ship to abort for this mad except to occur)
Increase allied damage to X 2D and 2A
Destroy/sink Yugo CA
Abort CW CA
Destroy CW/Yugo CP
Abort any IT BB/ship

Round 2 AX 2 AL 10
File tmp2.GAM saved here
Axis choose surface
Reduce axis damage to nothing
Allies to Destroy the CA in the 3-box (leaving only the Sunderland in the sea zone for the allies)

Round 3 AX 1 AL 10
File tmp3.GAM saved here
Let the CW choose Naval Air
File tmp4.GAM saved right before/after AA surprise selection
Increase AA and make the results so that the NAV is aborted

Continue to abort the NAV and then the CW CA from round 1.
At some point between aborting the NAV and the Italian abort I get a mad except.
This as happened consistently with games saved at tmp1, tmp2 and tmp3. Games saved at tmp 4 will get through to the next sea zone selection. However, when I go to exit the game I have been getting another mad except at that point (this has been while I have been going between saved games to verify what has happened).

Pat

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by ashkpa -- 6/4/2019 10:06:01 PM >

(in reply to ashkpa)
Post #: 2
RE: Naval Combat Mad Except - 6/4/2019 10:03:47 PM   
ashkpa

Last two saved game files.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to ashkpa)
Post #: 3
RE: Naval Combat Mad Except - 6/5/2019 6:14:39 PM   
gw15

Pat,
Yes, this is tricky. When you are at the screen that has the CW Nav in the upper right asking you to abort it do not close the main AA screen until after you abort the NAV. So, abort the NAV, click on the green button, then close the AA form. If you close the AA form before aborting the Nav back to base it will cause problems. I tried it and it worked.

Gerry

quote:

ORIGINAL: ashkpa

So, In the attached files are four game files (this and the next post - 2 in each zipped file). The first starts near the first round, all of them except the last end in a mad except. Here is the sequence of steps to go through (note, not all decisions are shown, so use common sense when working through this). No air should react at the beginning of rounds 2 and 3. Note, these rolls are not the same as when I went through this the very first time, but they result in the same basic result.

Round 1 AX 2, AL 6
File tmp1.GAM saved here.
Axis choose a surface and engage only the 1 and 2 box
Reduce axis damage to an Abort (they need a ship to abort for this mad except to occur)
Increase allied damage to X 2D and 2A
Destroy/sink Yugo CA
Abort CW CA
Destroy CW/Yugo CP
Abort any IT BB/ship

Round 2 AX 2 AL 10
File tmp2.GAM saved here
Axis choose surface
Reduce axis damage to nothing
Allies to Destroy the CA in the 3-box (leaving only the Sunderland in the sea zone for the allies)

Round 3 AX 1 AL 10
File tmp3.GAM saved here
Let the CW choose Naval Air
File tmp4.GAM saved right before/after AA surprise selection
Increase AA and make the results so that the NAV is aborted

Continue to abort the NAV and then the CW CA from round 1.
At some point between aborting the NAV and the Italian abort I get a mad except.
This as happened consistently with games saved at tmp1, tmp2 and tmp3. Games saved at tmp 4 will get through to the next sea zone selection. However, when I go to exit the game I have been getting another mad except at that point (this has been while I have been going between saved games to verify what has happened).

Pat

(in reply to ashkpa)
Post #: 4
RE: Naval Combat Mad Except - 6/6/2019 1:20:48 AM   
ashkpa

I am not sure all the screens you are talking about are visible at once on my setup. I may go check again. It does seem like that sort of closure sensitivity should be managed by the program (it should not allow you to close things in the wrong order).

(in reply to gw15)
Post #: 5
RE: Naval Combat Mad Except - 6/6/2019 1:37:07 AM   
ashkpa

So, I have to ignore the big window on top of everything (see image below). Move it out of the way so, I can reach the NAV and then abort it. And close that phase. Then I can deal with the big window the program put right on top. That is very counter intuitive and is poor windowing program design.

It does work, but the likely hood of remembering it is very low.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to ashkpa)
Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> World in Flames >> Tech Support >> Naval Combat Mad Except Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI