Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: Fall Weiss II

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Strategic Command Series >> Strategic Command WWII War in Europe >> Scenario Design and Modding >> RE: Fall Weiss II Page: <<   < prev  16 17 [18] 19 20   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Fall Weiss II - 12/14/2018 12:42:16 AM   
crispy131313

quote:

ORIGINAL: nnason

All,
Try as I might as the Germans I have been unable to get Spain to 60% against a Brit who counters. Is this just bad luck on my part or is there some trick to getting Spain in the Axis camp?

It must be bad luck as there should always be a window between French surrender and USA joining where the Axis will be able to invest more then Britain alone.

(in reply to nnason)
Post #: 511
RE: Fall Weiss II - 12/14/2018 12:44:13 AM   
crispy131313

quote:

ORIGINAL: ivanov

Another thing - in Fall Weiss - France is able to build a tank army from the very beginning of the war, much earlier than the other nations. Is this correct?

Similarly - USSR can build one tank army from the very start. Historically it was from 1942, also 6 of them were fielded during WW2.

I'm not sure it is really an issue, as both nations had lots of tanks and the player will have to go out of their way to spend MPP for a different OOB.

(in reply to ivanov)
Post #: 512
RE: Fall Weiss II - 12/14/2018 3:16:55 PM   
ivanov

quote:

ORIGINAL: crispy131313

quote:

I have a question regarding Spain. There are many decision events that would move Spain closer to the Axis camp. Will they eventually bring Spain to war or is it still necessary to invest in the diplomacy, to gain the final pro Axis % ?

Also, is there any campaign guide or a list of the FWII decision events?

Hi Ivanov, the events and diplomatic chits are meant to be used in unison, as much of the diplomatic events are. It will be very difficult to have Spain join the war with only chits, and most likely not possible with the events alone.

Thanks for the info. It's October 1940 in my game, Spain is around 70% pro Axis, I've just accepted the military aid to Spain event. Portugal is on the side of the British, so that helped a lot. I'm wondering if there'll be any adicional Spanish event? Is there any documentation, where I can find all the FWII event list?

< Message edited by ivanov -- 12/14/2018 3:27:32 PM >

Lest we forget.

(in reply to crispy131313)
Post #: 513
RE: Fall Weiss II - 12/14/2018 3:25:39 PM   
ivanov

quote:

quote:

Another thing - in Fall Weiss - France is able to build a tank army from the very beginning of the war, much earlier than the other nations. Is this correct?

Similarly - USSR can build one tank army from the very start. Historically it was from 1942, also 6 of them were fielded during WW2.

I'm not sure it is really an issue, as both nations had lots of tanks and the player will have to go out of their way to spend MPP for a different OOB.

I'm just pointing this out for the historial reasons. The French had a lot of tanks, but didn't use them in mass as the Germans did. The Soviet had thousands of tanks, but they were able to field the first real tank army in 1942. Sure they had the massive ( and incomplete ) mechanized corps in 1941, however they were completely inefficient and evaporated during the first days of the fighting. When Soviets join the war, they are already automatically provided with those mechanized corps on the border. For those reasons, I would prefer to see the French tank armies locked until later years of the war and the six Soviet armies until 1942. They could receive some as free reinforcements. Of course that's only a suggestion for the realism sake.

Lest we forget.

Post #: 514
RE: Fall Weiss II - 12/14/2018 3:28:38 PM   
ivanov

Double post

< Message edited by ivanov -- 12/14/2018 6:16:27 PM >

Lest we forget.

(in reply to ivanov)
Post #: 515
RE: Fall Weiss II - 12/14/2018 5:51:16 PM   
crispy131313

quote:

quote:

quote:

I have a question regarding Spain. There are many decision events that would move Spain closer to the Axis camp. Will they eventually bring Spain to war or is it still necessary to invest in the diplomacy, to gain the final pro Axis % ?

Also, is there any campaign guide or a list of the FWII decision events?

Hi Ivanov, the events and diplomatic chits are meant to be used in unison, as much of the diplomatic events are. It will be very difficult to have Spain join the war with only chits, and most likely not possible with the events alone.

Thanks for the info. It's October 1940 in my game, Spain is around 70% pro Axis, I've just accepted the military aid to Spain event. Portugal is on the side of the British, so that helped a lot. I'm wondering if there'll be any additional Spanish event? Is there any documentation, where I can find all the FWII event list?

Sending military equipment to Spain is usually the final one, and that is why it is recommended to only accept if Spain is heavily leaning towards the Axis, as now you will have to rely on diplomacy. There are still a few decision events that can sway Spain up or down, including the acceptance of the Blue Division (post USSR war) and the UK DE of how to react if Spain send's the Blue Division to the Eastern Front but you are mainly rolling the dice now

(in reply to ivanov)
Post #: 516
RE: Fall Weiss II - 12/14/2018 8:58:32 PM   
ivanov

Thanks for the info Crispy. For now my opponent threw the towel after the Germans managed to pull off successful landings in the UK. Now I have to convince him to continue the game, so I can bring Spain to the Axis camp ;)

Lest we forget.

Post #: 517
RE: Fall Weiss II - 12/15/2018 3:35:36 PM   
crispy131313

If you need an opponent for another game, I haven’t played for a few months and would be up for one.

(in reply to ivanov)
Post #: 518
RE: Fall Weiss II - 12/15/2018 9:57:12 PM   
ivanov

quote:

If you need an opponent for another game, I haven’t played for a few months and would be up for one.

Sounds good! I'd prefer to play as the Allies, since last few games I played as Axis.

Lest we forget.

Post #: 519
RE: Fall Weiss II - 12/23/2018 2:54:51 PM   
ThunderLizard11

Crispy - Any plans to build a mod for WaW?

(in reply to ivanov)
Post #: 520
RE: Fall Weiss II - 2/8/2019 9:24:44 PM   
demyansk

This mod is released in the game?

Post #: 521
RE: Fall Weiss II - 2/9/2019 12:54:53 PM   
guuzidi

Hi guys!

First and foremost, due to the fact that it's my first post on the SC:WiE forum, hello everybody :) It's really great to be here.

I have a newbie question (I bought the SC:WiE just few days ago). Is it possible to use any other counter mod with Fall Weiss II? I realized it's no so easy, due to the fact that in Fall Weiss II we have a modified unit structure (please, fell free to correct me if I'm wrong).

Bearing in mind the above - is it possible to use for example Iron Cross 2D Counter Mod? If it is necessary, will I be able to modyfi (just for my personal use) Fall Weiss II in orderd to restore vanilla units structure just in order to make using another counters possible (if yes, how to do that)?

Thank you in advance for any answer :)

(in reply to demyansk)
Post #: 522
RE: Fall Weiss II - 2/9/2019 7:30:55 PM   
demyansk

I am still playing the 9.1 version that came with the community pack

Post #: 523
RE: Fall Weiss II - 2/11/2019 1:48:02 PM   
crispy131313

quote:

ORIGINAL: demyansk

I am still playing the 9.1 version that came with the community pack

That is a very dated version, I think I finished the mod at version 20. From my understanding the final version (20) is included in the v1.16 update from the developers.

(in reply to demyansk)
Post #: 524
RE: Fall Weiss II - 2/11/2019 1:49:41 PM   
crispy131313

quote:

ORIGINAL: guuzidi

Hi guys!

First and foremost, due to the fact that it's my first post on the SC:WiE forum, hello everybody :) It's really great to be here.

I have a newbie question (I bought the SC:WiE just few days ago). Is it possible to use any other counter mod with Fall Weiss II? I realized it's no so easy, due to the fact that in Fall Weiss II we have a modified unit structure (please, fell free to correct me if I'm wrong).

Bearing in mind the above - is it possible to use for example Iron Cross 2D Counter Mod? If it is necessary, will I be able to modyfi (just for my personal use) Fall Weiss II in orderd to restore vanilla units structure just in order to make using another counters possible (if yes, how to do that)?

Thank you in advance for any answer :)

it would be a lot of work, as you would have to review the unit scripts, decisions, bitmaps, and consider the balance once again.

(in reply to guuzidi)
Post #: 525
RE: Fall Weiss II - 2/11/2019 1:53:54 PM   
crispy131313

quote:

ORIGINAL: ThunderLizard2

Crispy - Any plans to build a mod for WaW?

Not at this time, I haven't had a chance to play a full game of SC for a few months! I'm sure it is something I will look at in the future.

(in reply to ThunderLizard11)
Post #: 526
RE: Fall Weiss II - 2/16/2019 9:29:00 PM   
Titan

Not sure on others experience, My first game im finding the wheels are starting to fall off the Axis warm machine as income around 600 for German and the soviets on there own are around 900 odd with Germans getting bashed and just cant compete

Post #: 527
RE: Fall Weiss II 14.0 - 2/19/2019 11:51:08 PM   
crispy131313

quote:

Generally the AI has a lot of help, but in my experience it's really all I can do to help the AI match history. As an example right now I am playing an AI match and I will report where I am.

I played a very standard match, Poland>Norway>Low Countries>France>Greece>Yugoslavia>USSR, and I have not committed any German units other then the DAK to North Africa. Basically following the historical script exactly. I declared war on USSR the final turn of May 1941. AI settings are on max.

It is now the beginning of the turn December 31, 1941 and I am pretty close to achieving historical results (See below). Unfortunately the AI will always need extras to make a game of it. Perhaps if you are unfamiliar with the AI getting so much help it will be difficult the first couple of games, but I would see that as a bonus as I purposely tried to make the AI challenging however I could, as it will never compare to a PBEM opponent in a balanced arena.

Hi Titan, I digged up this post as I heard some similar feedback in the past. However I typically find results like the above when I have played. The AI gets a lot of help, but if you focus your attack on the USSR you should succeed.

Post #: 528
RE: Fall Weiss II 14.0 - 5/4/2019 7:19:05 PM   
Bamilus

Does this work on 1.16?

Paradox Interactive Forum Refugee

Post #: 529
RE: Fall Weiss II 14.0 - 5/4/2019 7:58:31 PM   
crispy131313

Yes it is in the Community Pack DLC

(in reply to Bamilus)
Post #: 530
RE: Fall Weiss II 14.0 - 5/8/2019 5:27:14 PM   
crispy131313

I'm planning an update to Fall Weiss II, after the big patch by the developers I'm a bit rejuvenated to revisit and start playing again. As I was porting the Mod to WaW I realized I like this scenario much more.

Multiple changes from the developer patch I want to incorporate as they are well thought improvements (i.e. increase cost of Mechanized [Corps], increased fortification entrenchment, reduced aircraft defense bonus against infantry attacks etc.)

I have some ideas for tweaks and new events as well but I am open to any feedback on what could be improved. I've toyed with the idea of adding back in Romania as a (minor) Major again however I think they feel right as a German minor, so I'd like to leave that off the table.

Post #: 531
RE: Fall Weiss II 14.0 - 5/10/2019 10:43:13 AM   
Arthurius

Great news!

Post #: 532
RE: Fall Weiss II 21.0 - 5/14/2019 3:43:25 PM   
crispy131313

For version 21 I've made a change to Spain.

I've felt Spain tips the scales too much so I've made some big changes. Spain, which was very dependent on American imports will now experience general supply issues after joining the Axis (10% chance per turn), which when occurred will effect the Northern region which connects the country to Berlin by rail, effectively reducing overall Supply of the entire Iberian Peninsula, and thus total MPP collected will be unpredictable and quick rail between Madrid and Berlin will not always be an option.

Secondly, beginning in June 1943 Spain will abandon the Axis and switch to the Allies if the Allies hold Washington, London, Moscow, Paris, Algiers and Bordeaux. This event will only trigger if Spain had joined the Axis prior to American entry into the war. This caveat will avoid any gamey abuse of the rule, and reflects an altered political arena then when Spain joined the war initially.

Is this change for the better?

(in reply to Arthurius)
Post #: 533
RE: Fall Weiss II 21.0 - 5/14/2019 5:11:46 PM   
crispy131313

I’m leaning towards making it a 50/50 Chance, so that it’s not a calculated maneuver to have Spain switch sides.

Post #: 534
RE: Fall Weiss II 21.0 - 5/30/2019 3:12:15 AM   
crispy131313

Updated list of changes for version 21.0 (still in process)

- Reduced German Paratrooper build limit by 1 (Can still obtain 3 total with assistance of Decisions)
- Increased German Infantry Division build limit by 4
- Reduced German Railway Gun build limit to 0 (Gustav is still available by decision)
- USSR begins with Infantry weapons 1 (due to slower upgrade increments of level 2 & 3 research and reduced chance of breakthrough this should allow for USSR to be more competitive in 1942)
- Removed USSR Infantry Weapons chit
- Removed USSR Production Technology chit
- Spain will encounter general supply shortages post war entry
- New decision event re: German motorized infantry in East Africa
- New decision event for USSR re: German-Soviet Border and Commercial Agreement
- Amended costs for various Diplomatic Decision Events
- Amended USSR Research (AI)
- Amended USSR Purchases (AI)
- Increased Germany Industry Tech to 200 MPP
- Generally reduced Finland Research costs
- Spain will now switch sides if the country joined pre-US War Entry and if Paris, Moscow, London, Washington and Bordeaux are each in Allied hands beginning in June 1943
- US Reinforcements will arrive at Kuwait if Egypt surrenders (AI only)
- British Empire reinforcements (India) will arrive at Basra upon British defeat in Egypt
- Malta effect to begin August 1940
- Crete will now apply similar (Malta) supply effects to Axis controlled regions East of Tobruk
- Increased % chance of USSR Reserves deploying at Moscow, Stalingrad, Leningrad from 20% to 40% per USSR turn
- Added Popup for Finnish Unit Deployment upon war entry
- Added Popup advice re: Turkish-Anglo-French treaty 1939

Changes copied from Panzerfaust update:
- Chance of all types of Transport retreating increased to 75%, with the potential retreat range for Transports and Amphibious Transports (Long Range) increased from 2 to 3 hexes.
- Aircraft occupying Marsh or Mountain now benefit less from the terrain’s defensive bonus if they are attacked by infantry or armoured units
- The cost of Mechanized units has been increased from 200 to 250 MPPs
- Cost of Coastal Guns doubled from 100 to 200 MPPs so as to increase their repair costs
- The cost of Motor Torpedo Boats reduced from 100 to 75 MPPs
- The cost of the UK’s Fighters has been reduced from 250 to 225 MPPs
- O.S.S. Strength scripts’ effects increased
- Italy’s National Morale will now fall by 5,000 points if Germany surrenders, providing Italy is still on the Axis side
- If the UK moves its capital to Canada then Halifax Town and Port no longer switch ownership to the UK, instead Yarmouth does.
- Removed the mention of Vichy from the Unit script for the deployment of the Lorraine Battleship
- National Morale script boosting Soviet morale when France is liberated no longer requires Moscow to be in Allied hands when it fires, but it does now require Paris to be in Allied hands
- The wording of the Soviet National Morale boosts when Allied forces are in France and Italy amended, so they will also feel right when these forces haven’t landed but have instead marched into France or Italy from elsewhere
- All air units deployed via DE 301 now arrive with full research and the 1939 and 1940 Strategy Guides have been updated to reflect that
- Patton’s base rating increased from 6 to 7
- Fortification’s Maximum Entrenchment increased from 3 to 4
- DE 619 now provides 4 rather than 2 Volksgrenadier Corps, and their formation boosts German National Morale by 5,000 rather than 2,500 points

Changes pending:
- May make Spain switching sides a variable
- Developing DE to have USSR invest MPP domestically after Germany is being pushed out of the country, to turn excess MPP into NM
- More advice popups related mainly to diplomacy for a more transparent experience

Post #: 535
RE: Fall Weiss II 21.0 - 5/30/2019 7:44:21 AM   
roy64

quote:

Updated list of changes for version 21.0 (still in process)

- Reduced German Paratrooper build limit by 1 (Can still obtain 3 total with assistance of Decisions)
- Reduced German Railway Gun build limit to 0 (Gustav is still available by decision)
- USSR begins with Infantry weapons 1 (due to slower upgrade increments of level 2 & 3 research and reduced chance of breakthrough this should allow for USSR to be more competitive in 1942)
- Spain will now switch sides if the country joined pre-US War Entry and if Paris, Moscow, London, Washington and Bordeaux are each in Allied hands beginning in June 1943
- British Empire reinforcements (India) will arrive at Basra upon British defeat in Egypt
- Crete will now apply similar (Malta) supply effects to Axis controlled regions East of Tobruk
- Increased % chance of USSR Reserves deploying at Moscow, Stalingrad, Leningrad from 20% to 40% per USSR turn

- Chance of all types of Transport retreating increased to 75%, with the potential retreat range for Transports and Amphibious Transports (Long Range) increased from 2 to 3 hexes.
- Aircraft occupying Marsh or Mountain now benefit less from the terrain’s defensive bonus if they are attacked by infantry or armoured units
- Cost of Coastal Guns doubled from 100 to 200 MPPs so as to increase their repair costs
- Italy’s National Morale will now fall by 5,000 points if Germany surrenders, providing Italy is still on the Axis side
- If the UK moves its capital to Canada then Halifax Town and Port no longer switch ownership to the UK, instead Yarmouth does.
- Removed the mention of Vichy from the Unit script for the deployment of the Lorraine Battleship
- National Morale script boosting Soviet morale when France is liberated no longer requires Moscow to be in Allied hands when it fires, but it does now require Paris to be in Allied hands
- The wording of the Soviet National Morale boosts when Allied forces are in France and Italy amended, so they will also feel right when these forces haven’t landed but have instead marched into France or Italy from elsewhere
- All air units deployed via DE 301 now arrive with full research and the 1939 and 1940 Strategy Guides have been updated to reflect that
- DE 619 now provides 4 rather than 2 Volksgrenadier Corps, and their formation boosts German National Morale by 5,000 rather than 2,500 points

Changes pending:
- May make Spain switching sides a variable
- Developing DE to have USSR invest MPP domestically after Germany is being pushed out of the country, to turn excess MPP into NM
- More advice popups related mainly to diplomacy for a more transparent experience

I was just about to start a new game but after seeing this I think I'll wait for this update, how long do you think it will be until its ready crispy?

Post #: 536
RE: Fall Weiss II 21.0 - 5/30/2019 8:10:35 PM   
crispy131313

Probably very soon, I've already scripted the USSR MPP to NM scripts and am already fatigued now. More popups are probably going to be for a future version, i'm ready to play this and test out. I can send you a Dropbox link if you would like to play test solo or a PBEM match. I usually play through a campaign before I release to make sure nothing wonky happens.

(in reply to roy64)
Post #: 537
RE: Fall Weiss II 21.0 - 5/30/2019 9:48:57 PM   
roy64

quote:

Probably very soon, I've already scripted the USSR MPP to NM scripts and am already fatigued now. More popups are probably going to be for a future version, i'm ready to play this and test out. I can send you a Dropbox link if you would like to play test solo or a PBEM match. I usually play through a campaign before I release to make sure nothing wonky happens.

I'll play test a solo game for you.

Post #: 538
Fall Weiss II Western Theatre 1.0 - 6/7/2019 5:19:36 PM   
crispy131313

Dropbox Link:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/q5wd6crk7dnl95o/FWII%20West%201.0.zip?dl=0

Updated list of changes for new version released Fall Weiss II - Western Theatre 1.0

- Spain will now switch sides if the country joined pre-US War Entry and if Paris, Moscow, London, Washington and Bordeaux are each in Allied hands, And there are less then 4 German units with 6 hexes of Madrid beginning in June 1943
- UK Engineers arrive in Egypt slightly earlier (AI)
- USSR can only begin purchasing Mechanized Divisions/Corps beginning July 1, 1941
- Blocked Axis diplomacy in Saudi Arabia

- All air units deployed via DE 301 now arrive with full research

< Message edited by crispy131313 -- 6/7/2019 11:04:03 PM >

(in reply to roy64)
Post #: 539
RE: Fall Weiss II Western Theatre 1.0 - 6/7/2019 10:01:51 PM   
roy64

The download is not working I don't think it uploaded properly.

Post #: 540
Page:   <<   < prev  16 17 [18] 19 20   next >   >>
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Strategic Command Series >> Strategic Command WWII War in Europe >> Scenario Design and Modding >> RE: Fall Weiss II Page: <<   < prev  16 17 [18] 19 20   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI