Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Got mine, but have a question.....

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Got mine, but have a question..... Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Got mine, but have a question..... - 6/23/2001 1:31:00 AM   
NateD

THANK YOU GUYS!!!!!!!!!! This MC is truely awesome. Wild Bill and the team have outdone themselves this time. The depth of the orders and the varying accents is amazing! I have two questions though: 1. During install I got this message "C:/.../stream/vid012.smk............decompression error has been detected(#7) file crc mismatch-data integrity error" I tried to "retry" twice then just hit ignore. Any ideas here? 2. Last question is this= when I try to download anything from any of the matrix sites or mirrors I cannot get anything to download. A page opens then says "done" in the lower left corner. Are there special browser settings I may not have turned on or what? I really wanna keep up to date with the updates etc. Thanks guys YALL DID ONE HELL OF A JOB AND IT WAS WELL WORTH THE WAIT!!!!!!!!

Nate, "Sometimes descretion is the better part of valor."
Post #: 1
- 6/23/2001 1:37:00 AM   
Larry Holt

See the thread on 5.02. paul lists the bug fixes and one of them is a crc error on a small number of CDs. Congratulations, it seems that fate has selected you to be one of the select few. :)

Never take counsel of your fears.

(in reply to NateD)
Post #: 2
- 6/23/2001 1:39:00 AM   
Larry Holt

quote:

Originally posted by NateD: THANK YOU GUYS!!!!!!!!!! [snip]2. Last question is this= when I try to download anything from any of the matrix sites or mirrors I cannot get anything to download. A page opens then says "done" in the lower left corner. Are there special browser settings I may not have turned on or what? I really wanna keep up to date with the updates etc. Thanks guys YALL DID ONE HELL OF A JOB AND IT WAS WELL WORTH THE WAIT!!!!!!!!
On point 2, this can happen in browsers for many pages. The solution for Netscape is to clear your cache then reload the page. That is click on edit at the top, then preferences then advanced then the cache options come up. I do not know the solution for other browsers.

Never take counsel of your fears.

(in reply to NateD)
Post #: 3
- 6/23/2001 1:59:00 AM   
NateD

Thanks Larry. I'm not sure what I did to get it but I like it! The idea and depth of the MC is mind blowing. I can't wait to get my arse whupped a few times. I'll quit gushing now and go play! I have IE 5 and a friend just told me to right click then select "save target as" and its workin jus fine! Keep your pants on guys, its soooo cool!

(in reply to NateD)
Post #: 4
- 6/23/2001 2:40:00 AM   
murr

just got my cd , no problems so far.

GOOD HUNTING!

(in reply to NateD)
Post #: 5
- 6/23/2001 4:05:00 AM   
Wild Bill

Well Nate, it is delightful to hear that the Mega-Campaign CD is finally getting out there to you all. Needless to say, both I and the MC North Africa team have been holding our breath waiting for some player feedback. We worked long and hard on this one. David Heath gave me full creative freedom, both to pick my team and to design the campaign as I wished to do. Originally I wanted all 2.5 years, 41-43. It did not take long to figure out that we would be a year doing that. So we opted for 1941 only, with the hopes of doing two more Mega Campaigns to complete the series. Rick "Tankhead" Cloutier and Louie "Gung Ho" Marsh were my assistants (Captains) and helped immensely in the coordination and fine tuning of the work. The team finally evolved into the following members: Battle Designers: Don Llewellyn, Neil Stalker, William Rusco, Jess Housley, Tim Orosz, Rory Gallagher, Ross McPhail, Paul Saunders, Russ Neer, Drake, Wild Bill Wilder, Bob Wallace and Rick Cloutier. Battle Testers: Steve Avery, Randy Casebier, John T. Claybourne, Rick Cloutier, Alexandra Collins, Tim Coniglio, Guy DeYoung, Mark Ezra, Mark Ferguson, Tom Hammond, Steve Hortlund, John Keenan, Andrew Marciniak, Louie Marsh, Lars Remmen, Massimo Rocca, David Turner, Keith Wiederwax, Paul Wotley, Art and Sound Director: Derek Boain Graphics: Derek Boain, Neil Stalker, Wild Bill Wilder, Bob Wallace, Patrick Siebelink Voice files: Marc Schwanbeck Historical Articles: Neil Stalker, Wild Bill Wilder, Mike Rothery Proof Reading: Jim "Figmo" Faletti So it was a mammoth effort. My special thanks go to Michael Woods, the genius who programmed the Mega Campaign concept and gave us such a fine tool to work with. Mike and I hammered out details and bugs via long distance in a number of sessions, sometimes rather colorful in content :D. I found, however, Michael more than willing to respond and work through the problems. Of course, I can't swear that Mega Campaign is bug free, but I do believe that it is as close to it as it can be. So enjoy, Nate, you and our other fellow gamers out there. We do want to know how you like it or what you don't like. That will help us immensely in the future. Wild Bill

In Arduis Fidelis
Wild Bill Wilder
Independent Game Consultant

(in reply to NateD)
Post #: 6
- 6/23/2001 7:32:00 AM   
Polrbear

Hey Nate, Just for the record - when did you order the game? I pre-ordered in March and haven't received a sniff.

(in reply to NateD)
Post #: 7
- 6/23/2001 7:58:00 AM   
waynef

I pre-ordered 3/29...No CD here! :(

"At My Signal...Unleash Hell" Thanks, Wayne

(in reply to NateD)
Post #: 8
- 6/23/2001 2:18:00 PM   
NateD

I ordered it in the first week in May. I don't know how I got it so soon unless it had something to do with using USPS instead of UPS. I used the three day option. I'm havin a ball with the MC, so many options and the detail is amazing!

(in reply to NateD)
Post #: 9
- 6/24/2001 4:18:00 AM   
Gloo

quote:

Originally posted by Wild Bill: ...So it was a mammoth effort...
Hi Bill, happy to see the first feedbacks are encouraging. Just a "trivia" :) question: how long did it take to accomplish this work on the MC? I mean from the first idea to the final test.

{:]]

"One ring to find them all..."

(in reply to NateD)
Post #: 10
- 6/24/2001 5:37:00 AM   
Trolz

just checked the order form..it said mine was shipped on the 22nd!....of course,it had said 'processing' for so long.......... so now,i just might be playing it withen a month or 2!.... almost as frustrating as waiting for wiz8!.. :(

Here's to ya! Career League

(in reply to NateD)
Post #: 11
- 6/24/2001 6:05:00 AM   
Don

I don't think most of us on the "teams" ever saw the finished product - I know I didn't - so to get the CD and see the final product is really something. It is beautiful, with many sights and sounds and features not in the regular game. Matrix really did a fine job for their first product to be sold!

Don "Sapper" Llewellyn

(in reply to NateD)
Post #: 12
- 6/24/2001 7:40:00 AM   
Neil Stalker

Not sure how long it took think around 3-4 months plus the final putting together of the MC cd. I know Bill never seen outside his house for quite a period. As like most team members we can't wait to see the completed work and are waiting like everyone else for their CD. One of the joys of it was the great team of guys Bill assembled. :D [ June 23, 2001: Message edited by: Neil Stalker ]

Neil "Dingo" Stalker
Wild Bill's Raiders
http://www.militarygamer.com/raiders/

(in reply to NateD)
Post #: 13
- 6/24/2001 8:09:00 AM   
troopie

Two questions. 1: It says that SPWAW 5.0 is the version on the CD. Isn't it 5.01 actually the version on the CD. 2. I have 5.01. How can I install just the MC without overwriting everything else? Dankie, troopie

Pamwe Chete

(in reply to NateD)
Post #: 14
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Got mine, but have a question..... Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI