Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Bangladesh Navy

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> Mods and Scenarios >> Bangladesh Navy Page: <<   < prev  154 155 [156] 157 158   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Bangladesh Navy - 6/12/2019 10:20:00 PM   
Hannable

Hey there ...

Yeah, I'm pretty sure that small navies like the Bangladesh navy aren't high priority - and small ships in a small navy are even less of a priority. However, whenever you folks get around to it, I was hoping you could add the following ships to the Bangladesh (is it Bangladeshi?) order of battle:

Type 053H3 FFG (Guided Missile Frigate) 2 hulls
BNS Umar Farooq (FFG-16) and BNS Khalid Bin Walid (FFG-19)

Type 056 (C-13B Version) FFL (Guided Missile Corvette) 2 hulls
BNS Shongram (FFL-113) and BNS Prottasha (FFG-114)

Sea Dragon Class Large Patrol Craft 1 hull
BNS Madhumati (P-911)

Meghna Class Offshore Patrol Vessel 2 hulls
BNS Meghna (P-211) and BNS Jamuna (P-212)

Padma Class Offshore Patrol Vessel 5 hulls
BNS Padma (P-312), BNS Surma (P-313), BNS Aparajeya (P-261), BNS Adamya (P-262) and BNS Atandra (P-263)

Type 021 Class Missile Boat 4 hulls
BNS Durdharsha (P-8125), BNS Durdanto (P-8126), BNS Durdondo (P-8128) and BNS Anirban (P-8131)

Kraljevica Class Patrol Boat 2 hulls
BNS Karnafuli (P-314) and BNS Tista (P-315)

Haizhui Class Sub Chaser 1 hull
BNS Barkat (P-711)

Type 037 Class Sub Chaser 1 hull
BNS Nirbhoy (P-812)

Chamsuri Class Patrol Boat (Gunboat) 4 hulls
BNS Titash (P-1011), BNS Kusiyara (P-1012), BNS Chitra (P-1013), and BNS Dhansiri (P-1014)

Type 010 Coastal Minesweeper 1 hull
BNS Sagar (M-91)

River Class Minehunter 4 hulls
BNS Shapla (M-95), BNS Shaikat (M-96), BNS Surovi (M-97) and BNS Shaibal (M-98)

BNS Sahayak (A-512) Fleet Replenishment Ship

BNS Khan Jahan Ali (A-515) Fleet Tanker

BNS Imam Ghazzali (A-516) Fleet Tanker

I know most of these ships aren't hugely important and some can simply be substituted for the same classes in other navies, but it's just less of a pain if all the ships are in the same nation's order of battle.

Also, I noticed that many nations have only a skeleton Facilities database - the missing units are simply too numerous to list. So I was wondering if any work is being done there? I know this game really isn't about ground combat so I don't expect ground units to be very high on the piority list - but, as they say. variety is the spice of life!

"Only one human captain has survived battle with a Minbari fleet. He is behind me. You are in front of me. If you value your lives, be somewhere else." - Delenn of Minbar

(in reply to SeaQueen)
Post #: 4651
RE: Bangladesh Navy - 6/13/2019 5:18:52 AM   
Dysta

The latest photo of rumored Type 003 CV is revealed, and has very similar characteristics of warship hull like what Type 002 CV was made many years ago. I cannot fully predict what armament or specification the 003 will have, but I can make some rough guesstimates.

https://mobile.twitter.com/dafengcao/status/1138972996951875589

The guesstimate of 003 will be:
- At least 2 or 3 CAT positions, no ski-ramp
- At least as big as Type 002 CV (70kt displacement)
- At least 2 aircraft elevators, same as Type 001 and 002
- Equipped with multi-band APARs like Type 055 DDG have
- At least have the same amount of CIWS from Type 001 (002 not yet confirmed)
- Conventional powered, at least have the same endurance of Type 001
- UNREP capable, same as Type 002
- STO aircrafts cannot be launched from CAT
- At least 48 large aircraft to park in total
- J-15B (or J-15T) will becomes the backbone of carrier jets, also allow full sortie with CAT, and equipped with J-15D’s APAR
- J-15D (or J-15E) will also have CAT version for OECM
- Rumored KJ-600 will be featured for AEW, but Z-18 AEW may still be used for a while
- Rumored Z-20H for MPA and ASW
- Rumored J-31 (Navalized) will be CAT-only rather than STO
- And most importantly, CEC integration for Type 055 DDG

Also Type 002 (old name is 001A) is still not in DB3000, but I am quite certain it will mostly the same as Type 001 besides deck space and sensor suites.

(in reply to Hannable)
Post #: 4652
RE: Thread for DB3000 database problems, updates or issues - 6/13/2019 7:26:23 AM   
Tookatee

The K1A1 that's currently in-game has the wrong service date, it entered service in 2001 and not in 1991. In addition the other later variants of the K1 are not in game such as the K1A1 PiP and the K1A2 ( I refer to the Tanks encyclopedia article on the K1-88.)

(in reply to Tookatee)
Post #: 4653
RE: Thread for DB3000 database problems, updates or issues - 6/13/2019 11:22:02 AM   
ExNusquam

The latest update switching the RAAFs FLIR from ATFLIR to Litening on the F/A-18F's is incorrect. Australia uses the ATFLIR on the Superhornets, and Litening on the F/A-18Cs
Announcement of Sale (24 AN/ASQ-28s): https://www.dsca.mil/major-arms-sales/australia-fa-18ef-super-hornet-and-ea-18g-growler-aircraft
Image 1: https://cdn.jetphotos.com/full/5/69183_1553854591.jpg
Image 2: https://www.defenseworld.net/uploads//news/big/raaf_fa-1_1479304070.jpg
Image 3: https://twitter.com/StrikeWriter/status/547474515027300353

You can validate that those are all ATFLIR, since when Litening is carried on a cheek mount it uses a different attach point: http://centralblue.williamsfoundation.org.au/wp-content/uploads/2017/05/IMG_0070-768x513.jpg

(in reply to Tookatee)
Post #: 4654
RE: Thread for DB3000 database problems, updates or issues - 6/13/2019 2:38:49 PM   
TwarVG

The new DB3000 update is amazing and has added a few nice assets for the UK, but I have found and listed a few things I believe to be errors.

Apache Guardian AH.Mk.2 [AH-64E]
AGM-114L Hellfire II - Remove
Brimstone 2 - Rotary wing (potential new weapon entry, 25nm range) - Add
AIM-92E Stinger ATAS - Remove
HYDRA 70mm Rocket - Remove
CRV-7 C14 - Add

Buccaneer S.2B
Mk18 1000lb RET - Add (All variants)

Lightning II
GBU-31 JDAM - Remove
GBU-32 JDAM - Remove
CPU-123 Paveway II GPS/LGB - Add (2025 only)
GBU-24E/B Paveway III GPS/LGB [BLU-109A/B] - Add (2025 only)

Poseidon MRA.1
Mk50 Barracuda - Remove
Mk54 HAAWC - Remove

Protector MALE UCAV (Protector RG.1)
Brimstone 2 - Add
Paveway IV - Add
GBU-49/B Paveway II GPS/LGB - Remove
Loadout amendments - The aircraft has 6 underwing hardpoints, each able to carry a triplet of Brimstone missiles or a single Paveway IV (inner hardpoints only). Promo images show the aircraft carrying up to 18 Brimstone missiles at full load.

Typhoon FGR.4/Typhoon T.3
GBU-24E/B Paveway III GPS/LGB [BLU-109A/B] - Add
Brite Cloud Active Expendable Decoy - Add (2020 versions)

Paveway IV
Set minimum launch altitude to 2000ft along the same lines as other LGB/GPS munitions.

Type 45 Batch 2 Destroyer
324mm TT twin torpedo tubes - Remove
RGM-84L Harpoon II replaced with RGM-84D Harpoon IC
The Batch 1 and Batch 2 entries should be removed and replaced with 2 versions, the 2012 entry with no Harpoon, and the 2015 entry with Harpoon.

Most of these aren't major additions or changes, more just minor nitpicky things and minor oversights. There's a lot there so if any of them give you any doubt I'll try to dig up as much information as I can to verify certain pieces, but most of it should be correct. Thanks!

(in reply to ExNusquam)
Post #: 4655
RE: Thread for DB3000 database problems, updates or issues - 6/13/2019 3:16:40 PM   
stilesw

quote:

There's a lot there so if any of them give you any doubt I'll try to dig up as much information as I can to verify certain pieces, but most of it should be correct. Thanks!

Hi Ben,

If you can provide some documentation/reference material for these things it will greatly increase the likelihood of changes being made. This is not to say that you are not correct but in the interest of database accuracy we need as much verification as possible.

Thanks for the input.

-Wayne

“There is no limit to what a man can do so long as he does not care a straw who gets the credit for it.”

Charles Edward Montague, English novelist and essayist
~Disenchantment, ch. 15 (1922)

(in reply to TwarVG)
Post #: 4656
RE: Thread for DB3000 database problems, updates or issues - 6/13/2019 3:27:08 PM   
stilesw

quote:

The K1A1 that's currently in-game has the wrong service date, it entered service in 2001 and not in 1991. In addition the other later variants of the K1 are not in game such as the K1A1 PiP and the K1A2 ( I refer to the Tanks encyclopedia article on the K1-88.)

Logged.

Thanks,

-Wayne

“There is no limit to what a man can do so long as he does not care a straw who gets the credit for it.”

(in reply to Tookatee)
Post #: 4657
RE: Thread for DB3000 database problems, updates or issues - 6/13/2019 3:29:33 PM   
stilesw

quote:

The latest update switching the RAAFs FLIR from ATFLIR to Litening on the F/A-18F's is incorrect. Australia uses the ATFLIR on the Superhornets, and Litening on the F/A-18Cs

Joseph,

Logged. Thanks for the input.

-Wayne

(in reply to ExNusquam)
Post #: 4658
RE: Bangladesh Navy - 6/13/2019 3:34:01 PM   
stilesw

quote:

Bangladesh navy aren't high priority - and small ships in a small navy are even less of a priority. However, whenever you folks get around to it, I was hoping you could add the following ships to the Bangladesh (is it Bangladeshi?) order of battle:

Christopher,

Can you provide any documentation or references to support these additions? That will greatly help with their possible inclusion.

Thanks for the input.

-Wayne

(in reply to Hannable)
Post #: 4659
RE: Bangladesh Navy - 6/13/2019 5:15:29 PM   
AceOfSpadeszzzzzz

Since we are getting CEC-capable AAM-4B is it possible to make meteor CEC-capable, too?
http://www.warfaresims.com/?p=4884
"this capability has also been adopted by the JASDF’s AAM-4 missile and MBDA’s Meteor"

(in reply to stilesw)
Post #: 4660
RE: Thread for DB3000 database problems, updates or issues - 6/13/2019 9:47:22 PM   
TwarVG

It'll be tricky to provide documentation that the RAF/RN/AAC never procured a particular system but I'll do my best to address each point.

Apache Guardian AH.Mk.2

AGM-114L - I tend to keep up to date with news on the equipment acquisitions by the British Armed Forces and have read Ed Macy's books 'Apache' and 'Hellfire' and there are only ever mentions of laser guided variants of the Hellfire being used, radar guided variants don't meet ROE requirements of having a 'man-in-the-loop' to abort a strike in process. A requirement that led to the development of the Dual-Mode Brimstone variant. I suppose it's entirely possible that this variant has been acquired, but I can't find any information to suggest it has.
https://web.archive.org/web/20110601002618/http://www.mbda-systems.com/mbda/site/ref/scripts/EN_DUAL-MODE-BRIMSTONE_416.html

Brimstone 2 - Brimstone 2 was flight tested and fired from a Boeing AH-64E test bed helicopter back in 2016 on behalf of, and funded by, the MoD to test how risky integration would be and the trials were very successful. The British Army are yet to actually confirm that Brimstone has been selected for the Future Attack Helicopter Weapon (FAHW) so this is more of a near future best guess, but it would make sense given the low risk integration and how much easier it would be on inter-service logistics when operating from the same bases/ships. If the UK is ever going to integrate it onto the Apache, it'll likely be immediately following the AH-64E refurbishments of the existing fleet. The best I've got for a 25 mile range is Wikipedia's specifications info box on the Brimstone article I'm afraid so I've not got much there.
https://www.mbda-systems.com/press-releases/mbda-demonstrates-brimstone-missile-live-firing-from-apache-helicopter/
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brimstone_(missile)

AIM-92E Stinger ATAS - The UK has never expressed an interest in the AIM-92E so I can only assume it was added in a hurry in line with the American AH-64E variants in the database. The MoD vaguely mulled over the idea of integrating the Starstreak onto Apaches but it never went anywhere as there was no requirement or demand for an air-to-air missile. Again, I have no documentation to prove they don't have it, but you won't find any proving they do and nobody has ever made mention of a British Apache equipped in such a manner.

HYDRA 70 and CRV-7 - Although Wikipedia claims that the UK is an operator of the HYDRA 70, I've never seen or found any record of a British aircraft employing the weapon. During WW2 and the early Cold War period, British aircraft carried the 3-inch RP-3 rocket. This was then replaced by the French SNEB 68mm rocket throughout much of the Cold War, and was ultimately replaced on the Jaguar, Harrier, and eventually integrated onto the Apache fleet upon its entry into service in 2005, by the Canadian CRV-7 which was judged to be superior in most aspects to its American counterpart. Given that British Apaches have happily employed the weapon for over a decade, it doesn't make much sense for them to abandon it following a refit when there are probably thousands of them in the stockpile, and I can't find anything to suggest they will.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CRV7

Buccaneer S.2B

Mk18 1000lb RET Bomb - The primary air-to-ground munition of the Buccaneer was the GP 1000lb bomb. These bombs came with a variety of fuzing options, such as airburst, instantaneous, and delayed fuzing. They also came with 2 different tail assemblies which were the standard low drag, general purpose assembly, and the high drag retarded assembly. The Buccaneer absolutely personified high speed, low level bombing runs both over land and sea where high drag bombs were essential for low level delivery and not getting killed. As is typical with many British munitions, I can't find much in the way of documentation, but I do have a video of a Buccaneer pilot who was at one of the early Red Flags describing a typical attack against an airfield in a Buccaneer where he describes using retarded 1000lb bombs to execute a laydown attack against a runway.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=24CaLD8l0OE
Start at 7:48ish for the exact part, but I would highly recommend watching the full thing for more insight into the mighty Banana Bomber!

British General Purpose Bombs

Overview - In recent times, there have been only 2 unguided GP bombs in British service. These are the 540lb GP bomb, which does have a DB entry although only a South African and Australian Canberra are listed as default carriers, and the more common 1000lb GP bomb. Both of these bombs came with multiple fuzing options and tail assemblies which I listed in the above paragraph with the 540lb bomb simply being a scaled down version of the 1000lb. Every British aircraft since the Buccaneer has carried the 1000lb bomb, including the Typhoon as they're largely used for training purposes these days with inert warheads. However, the only aircraft that I know definitely carried the 540lb bomb are the RAF Harriers and Jaguars. In James Barrington's book 'Joint Force Harrier' he describes a typical loadout over Afghanistan for a pair of Harriers was a Sniper TGP, a Digital Joint Reconnaissance Pod, 2 fuel tanks, a pair of 19-shot CRV-7 rocket pods each, a pair of Paveway IV LGBs on one aircraft, and a pair of 540lb GP bombs set to airburst on the other to get around the heavy restrictions on using cluster munitions but still maintaining an AOE weapon.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/General-purpose_bomb#Modern_British_GP_bombs
https://slideplayer.com/slide/4665910/15/images/19/1000lb+General+Purpose+Bomb.jpg
https://images.slideplayer.com/38/10779620/slides/slide_7.jpg
https://defenceoftherealm.files.wordpress.com/2014/10/5.jpg

540lb GP Bomb - As mentioned above, high and low drag versions of the 540lb bomb would be welcome additions to all of the Harrier and Jaguar entries.

Lightning II

JDAMs - The UK has never operated any JDAM variant because the UK does not use any of the Mk82/83/84 GP bombs and has Enhanced Paveway variants for each class of bomb operated, providing both GPS and laser guidance.

CPU-123 Paveway II GPS/LGB - This is the correct 1000lb class guided munition for RAF/FAA aircraft. I can't find any documentation 'proving' that it's slated for integration, but it isn't part of the initial weapons package and there's no reason why they wouldn't add it later on along with other weapons like Meteor considering how low risk it would be.

GBU-24E/B Paveway III GPS/LGB [BLU-109A/B] - Once again, this is the correct 2000lb class weapon operated by the UK with the penetration warhead. I can't actually find anything about integration onto the Lightning, but seeing as there was already a 2000lb bomb in the way of the GBU-31 in its loadout, I thought it fitting to change it to a weapon actually operated by the UK. It's entirely up to you whether to add it or not.

Poseidon MRA.1

Mk50 and Mk54 HAAWC - So far the RAF has committed to purchasing American weapons and other consumables for the Poseidon MRA.1 fleet in order to speed up the type's entry into service, whilst British weapons, sonobouys, decoys etc. are to be considered for a later date. So far these are only the standard Mk54 Mod 0 LWT, no mention of the Mk50 or the wing kit.
https://ukdefencejournal.org.uk/britain-purchase-mk54-lightweight-torpedo-array-kits-destined-p-8-poseidon/

Protector RG.1

Brimstone 2 - When the UK first acquired a fleet of RPAS they were rushed into service and pooled with American assets in order to speed up their entry into service. As such, American weapons such as Hellfire and GBU-12, which were already cleared for use, were used in order to increase commonality between the British and American platforms and avoid integration time and costs for British weapons. Now that the UK's own fleet of RPAS is rapidly growing, with up to 20 Protectors to be purchased alongside the existing fleet of 10 Reapers which will eventually be phased out, and with the US not purchasing Protector as of yet, there's no reason to maintain so much interchangeability with the USAF fleet. There's also no rush to get these aircraft in service so the time can be taken to integrate British weapons onto the aircraft and ideally start to phase the Hellfire out of Army and Air Force service and replace it with Brimstone in all 3 services.
https://www.mbda-systems.com/press-releases/brimstone-missile-to-be-integrated-onto-rafs-protector-rg-mk1-aircraft/

Paveway IV - No documentation for this one aside from promo imgaes, but I imagine for much the same reasons Brimstone will replace Hellfire on British aircraft, Paveway IV will be integrated onto the Protector fleet instead of GBU-12s now that they're less reliant on American integration and have a broader time frame to complete it on.

GBU-49/B Paveway II GPS/LGB - I can't seem to find any documentation to suggest that the UK acquired GBU-49s over the old GBU-12s. Every picture of an RAF Reaper I can find where it's armed with bombs it shows a GBU-12. The GBU-49s have a distinct grey vein or pipe? running down the right hand side of the weapon which none of the bombs on the RAF Reapers seem to have.
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2016/sep/19/raf-reaper-drones-used-airstrike-killed-syrian-government-troops#img-1

Hardpoints - All promotional images and descriptions of the Protector RG.1 system state that it has 6 underwing hardpoints, each capable of sustaining a triplet of Brimstone 2 missiles. Some also show a pair of Paveway IV on the inner pylons.
https://www.defenceonline.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2018/06/New-Protector-RG-Mk.1-to-undertake-historic-trans-Atlantic-flight.jpg

Typhoon FGR.4/T.3

GBU-24E/B Paveway III GPS/LGB [BLU-109A/B] - The Paveway III LGB and subsequent Enhanced Paveway III GPS/LGB have been in service with the RAF since at least the first Gulf War, and was one of the original weapons added to Typhoon when she was given air-to-ground capabilities and was first used by a Typhoon during Operation Ellamy in Libya in 2011. The RAF to my knowledge does not operate a GP 2000lb weapon, only a penetrating one.
https://www.defencetalk.com/raf-deploys-enhanced-paveway-iii-for-libya-operations-34553/

Brite Cloud Active Expendable Decoy - The UK has recently trialled and is beginning to enter the Brite Cloud decoy onto the Typhoon fleet using the existing 55mm counter measure dispensers.
https://www.janes.com/article/85668/britecloud-decoy-set-for-typhoon-integration

Type 45 Destroyer

324mm Twin Torpedo Tubes - The Type 45 was never fitted with torpedo tubes and instead relies on its helicopter for ASW purposes. Not entirely sure why it was added in the first place, minor oversight I assume.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Type_45_destroyer#Anti-ship,_submarine_and_land-attack

RGM-84L Harpoon II - The Harpoon launchers fitted to the Type 45s are recycled launchers from the old batch 3 Type 22 Frigates which were removed upon their decommissioning and draw missiles from the same stockpile as the Type 23 Frigates, Block 1C missiles which were first acquired in the 1980s to eventually replace Exocet. Upgraded Harpoons have not been acquired and current stocks are set to go out of service in 2023.
https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/168344/response/416866/attach/html/3/20130807%2011%2007%202013%20095342%20001%20Response%20Dainton%20weapons.pdf.html
https://www.janes.com/article/82025/uk-considers-options-for-possible-off-the-shelf-harpoon-replacement

Batch 1 and 2 Ships - There are no Batch 1 and Batch 2 Type 45 Destroyers, 6 ships of the class were built to identical standards with the only difference being that 2 of the ships aren't equipped with Harpoon, which is usually the ones in port undergoing maintenance. Only 2 entries are needed as of present, the existing 2012 version without Harpoon, and the 2015 version with it.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Type_45_destroyer#Ships_in_the_class

Paveway IV - As per the latest DB update, most of the guided bombs had their release parameters changed to allow drops at 2000ft and above, the Paveway IV is still restricted to 10000ft and above.

Well, this has taken me many hours of dredging through the depths of the internet to find as much info as I can, I hope it was worth it! Hopefully it's enough to get at least some of my changes through, if you have a problem with any them give me a shout and I'll have another crack at digging up some dirt. Thanks very much for the hard work you do Wayne, it's very much appreciated!

(in reply to stilesw)
Post #: 4661
RE: Thread for DB3000 database problems, updates or issues - 6/13/2019 9:58:27 PM   
stilesw

quote:

It'll be tricky to provide documentation that the RAF/RN/AAC never procured a particular system but I'll do my best to address each point.

Ben,

Thanks. This will help a lot with the evaluation process. Probably won't see any changes until the next big release with an updated database and I don't have any control over that (thankfully!).

-Wayne

(in reply to TwarVG)
Post #: 4662
RE: Bangladesh Navy - 6/13/2019 10:17:55 PM   
Tookatee

For artillery that should be included, Spain operates 96 of the M109A5 Paladin (upgraded from M019A1's since 1999, source: archived Forecast International report), six of the M109A2 Paladin, 84 of the Santa Bárbara Sistemas 155/52 (a 155mm towed artillery piece entering into service in 2002 it's APU allows a top speed of 18 kph and a munition range of 40 km with RAP), and 56 of the L-118A1 (since 1996, source: SIPRI Arms Transfers Database) which has a 21 km range with RAP (for reference for see the Wikipedia page for the Spanish Army.)

Historically, Spain also operated 96 of the M109A1 (first entering service in 1975 before being upgraded to the A5 standard in 1999, source: SIPRI Arms Transfers Database)

< Message edited by Tookatee -- 6/18/2019 12:49:52 AM >

(in reply to AceOfSpadeszzzzzz)
Post #: 4663
RE: Bangladesh Navy - 6/13/2019 10:20:02 PM   
Tookatee

Spain is missing MBTs in their entirety. Their most modern MBTs that should be included are their special Leopard 2E (219 are currently in service and it entered service in 2003) and the standard Leopard 2 A4 (they have 108 in active service and 54 in reserve with it entering service in 1998 as an interim tank while they were developing the 2E with Germany[see the Wikipedia page for the Leopard 2E as reference for both].)

(in reply to Tookatee)
Post #: 4664
RE: Bangladesh Navy - 6/13/2019 10:27:30 PM   
Tookatee

Historically, Spain also operated the: M60A3 TTS since 1990 when the Treaty on Conventional Armed Forces in Europe allowed them to purchase the resultant surplus tanks, the AMX-30 as the AMX-30E (280 were produced from 1974 to 1983 and it was in service until 1998 when Spain received the Leopard 2 A4) 130 of these tanks were also upgraded to the AMX-30EM2 which boasted a new Sabot round, additional space for a larger anti-aircraft MG, and new engines/transmissions, and finally the upgraded variants of the M48 Patton tanks as the M48A5E1 which were incrementally upgraded through the 1980s (by 1984, 272 were upgraded to the A5E1 standard[for reference for see the Wikipedia page for the Spanish Army].)

< Message edited by Tookatee -- 6/13/2019 10:32:50 PM >

(in reply to Tookatee)
Post #: 4665
RE: Bangladesh Navy - 6/13/2019 11:17:46 PM   
Tookatee

The B1 Centaruo is also missing from many nations including Spain (which has 84 of them that entered service in 2000, source SIPRI Arms Transfers Database), Jordan is also another operator of the Centauro (operating 24 of the vehicle since 2017 after deliveries from Italy, source SIPRI Arms Transfers Database.) Finally, Omon operates 6 of the 120mm Centauro since 2010, source SIPRI Arms Transfers Database)

(in reply to Tookatee)
Post #: 4666
RE: Bangladesh Navy - 6/14/2019 2:12:32 AM   
Tookatee

Poland, one of the front-line NATO countries that would face Russia and a former satellite nation of the Soviet Union is also missing all of it's current and historical armor and most of its artillery.

The armor that should be included are the PT-91 Twardy (entered service in 1995 as a development of the T-72M1 with ERA and improved FCS) with 92 PT-91 (newly built tanks), 27 PT-91MA (modernized T-72M tanks), and 113 PT-91MA1 (modernized T-72M1 tanks).

Additionally there should be 105 Leopard 2A5s and 142 Leopard 2A4s that were delivered in 2002. (SIPRI Arms Transfers Database)

There are also currently 159 operational T-72s (originally entered service in 1972 after delivery from the Soviets and then domestically produced as the T-72M [starting in 1982] and M1 [Starting in 1983].) Source: Wikipedia for the Polish army and the SIPRI Arms Transfers Database.

< Message edited by Tookatee -- 6/14/2019 2:13:20 AM >

(in reply to Tookatee)
Post #: 4667
RE: Bangladesh Navy - 6/14/2019 2:14:40 AM   
Tookatee

For missing Polish IFVs they currently operate 1,131 BWP-1s (Polish designation for the BMP-1, entered service in 1973) and over 720 of the Finnish KBWP Rosomak (entered service in 2004, with deliveries still in progress.)

(in reply to Tookatee)
Post #: 4668
RE: Bangladesh Navy - 6/14/2019 2:20:02 AM   
Tookatee

For artillery Poland should have 111 of the Wz. 1977 Dana, a Czechoslovakian (this country is also missing this artillery, which entered service for them in 1981) artillery 152mm wheeled SPG with a fire rate of 3 rounds per minute, a maximum weapons range of 28 km, a commanders seat DŠKM, and a top speed of 50 mph (entered Polish service in 1982). Source: Wikipedia article for the Wz. and the SIPRI Arms Transfers Database.

Poland also should include AT Humvees called the Tumak-5, currently 18 of them are in service that use the Spike LR missile system. There should also be Spike LR AT infantry that have been in service since 2004 with there being an inventory of 264 missiles (source Polish army equipment Wikipedia.)

(in reply to Tookatee)
Post #: 4669
RE: Bangladesh Navy - 6/14/2019 4:21:56 AM   
Mgellis

I was trying to put together the 2019 Standing NATO Maritime Group 2, but two of the ships are missing!

Please consider adding the following...

Albania
Damen Stan Type 4207 patrol boat

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Albanian_Naval_Force
https://products.damen.com/en/ranges/stan-patrol/stan-patrol-4207/deliveries/spa-4207-oriku <-- technical information, shows sensors used, and it has a RHIB
https://navaltoday.com/2017/11/22/albanian-patrol-boat-concludes-navys-first-nato-deployment/
https://www.monch.com/mpg/news/maritime/1529-albaniannavy.html <-- NARWHAL 20mm remotely operated naval turret system

Turkey
Tuzla-class patrol boat

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tuzla-class_patrol_boat
https://turkishnavy.net/patrol-craft/tuzla-class/

Turkmenistan
Tuzla-class patrol boat

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tuzla-class_patrol_boat <-- 10 on the Caspian sea...if you're adding them for Turkey, you might as well add them for Turkmenistan
https://www.navyrecognition.com/index.php/news/defence-news/2017/january-2017-navy-naval-forces-defense-industry-technology-maritime-security-global-news/4846-turkmenistan-s-coast-guard-patrol-boat-spotted-with-simbad-rc-short-range-naval-air-defence-system.html <-- Turkmenistan seems to have added these to their Tuzlas
https://eurasianet.org/turkmenistans-navy-shows-new-french-missiles

Thanks for considering these.

(in reply to Tookatee)
Post #: 4670
RE: Thread for DB3000 database problems, updates or issues - 6/15/2019 2:32:37 AM   
miller7219

The Charles F. Adams class DDGs were produced in two groups (commonly referred to as "A" and "B"). The only difference I see is the CF Adams A mount a dual rail Mk 11, while the CF Adams B mounts a single arm Mk 13.

CF Adams A (13)

DDG 2 CF Adams - DDG 14 Buchanan

CF Adams B (10)

DDG 15 Berkeley - DDG 24 Waddell (although DDG 18 Semmes was the first commissioned "B" and I've seen the "B's" referred to as the Semmes class in a couple of sources)

An additional 6x CF Adams B's were produced abroad for the West German and Australian Navies (DDG 28 Lutjens and DDG 25 Perth classes).

Check:

http://www.navsource.org/archives/05idx.htm

view the pictures of each CF Adams platform and you can verify the mount. I've also poured over numerous Jane's references from the 60's and 70's and Harpoon reference works and they all support the mount information on Navsource.

In the current DB3000 it lists the US CF Adams and the Tattnall (not sure why the Tattnall is separated out as a subclass). Both mount the Mk 11. Can we get a CF Adams B mounting the Mk 13?

The West German and Australian "B's" all correctly mount a Mk 13.

(in reply to Temple)
Post #: 4671
RE: Thread for DB3000 database problems, updates or issues - 6/15/2019 4:04:13 AM   
ProdigyofMilitaryPride

Allow me to share some suggestions for Mexican Land Units...

ERC-90 Lynx Armored Car Platoon

Armaments
90mm F1 Cannon
Twin 7.62mm Machine Guns

HWK 11 APC Platoon
7.62mm Machine Gun

VCR APC Platoon
12.7mm Machine Gun

AMX-VCI APC Platoon
12.7mm Machine Gun

M8 Greyhound Recon Vehicle
37mm M6 Gun
.30 Cal Browning Machine Gun

VBL Milan
Milan ATGM

"The courageous must protect freedom." - Dwight D. Eisenhower
"Anything built by human hands can be destroyed. This is no exception." - Kei "Edge" Nagase, Ace Combat 5: The Unsung War

(in reply to miller7219)
Post #: 4672
RE: Thread for DB3000 database problems, updates or issues - 6/15/2019 5:24:22 PM   
trujillocorreo

Reviewing update 1009.31.1
http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=4645598

I noticed that the following revisions were not included:

http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/fb.asp?m=4599863

http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/fb.asp?m=4600739

http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/fb.asp?m=4601910

Some of these modifications I had previously made and are necessary for some scenarios in which I am working.

Thanks

(in reply to ProdigyofMilitaryPride)
Post #: 4673
RE: Thread for DB3000 database problems, updates or issues - 6/15/2019 7:58:53 PM   
orca

Thanks for the recent great DB updates! Can you add RIM-174A ERAM SM-6 Blk 1A and Aster 30 Blk 1 (ABM) as weapon records so we can use the scenario editor to add it to units?

< Message edited by orca -- 6/15/2019 8:01:44 PM >

(in reply to trujillocorreo)
Post #: 4674
RE: Thread for DB3000 database problems, updates or issues - 6/16/2019 8:40:15 AM   
Tookatee

Just found a gamebreaking error, whenever you try to fire the Wan Chien Anti-Runway Cruise missile (a Taiwanese weapon for the F-CK-1D aircraft) all simulation stops and doesn't progress no matter the time compression (even if you open a new scenario.) This means you have to close and reopen the program (while also losing all your progress in the current scenario because it won't actually save the scenario, it may show that it had completed the save cycle but when you reopen the program the scenario is how it was when you last saved it or the new save file you created won't exist.)

< Message edited by Tookatee -- 6/16/2019 8:42:05 AM >

(in reply to Tookatee)
Post #: 4675
RE: Thread for DB3000 database problems, updates or issues - 6/16/2019 9:57:42 AM   
Tookatee

Another vehicle that is missing from the latest database is the BMPT-Terminator. The BMPT is a Russian AFV with twin 30 mm 2A42 autocannons, two AG-17D grenade launchers, a coaxial 7.62 PKTM, and four 9M120 Ataka missile launchers and is built off of the T-72 chassis. It has a top speed of 60 kph and a maximum range of 550 km.

Kahazakstan was the first operator of the vehicle starting in 2013 with ten delivered so far.

The vehicle entered service in Russia in 2018 with more than 10 vehicles delivered, however this version is the Terminator-3 which uses the chassis of the T-90A rather than the T-72.

Source: Wikipedia page for the BMPT Terminator

(in reply to Tookatee)
Post #: 4676
RE: Thread for DB3000 database problems, updates or issues - 6/16/2019 10:31:23 AM   
Tookatee

Also checking it looks like you're also missing the T-15 Armata. It shares the same Afganit APS that's on the already implemented T-14, but has several different equipable modules instead of the 125mm cannon, the first is the Bumerang-BM remote weapon station turret with a 30 mm automatic cannon with 160 AP rounds and 340 HE rounds (2A42), four ready to fire 9M133 Kornet-EM anti-tank missiles, and a PKT 7.62 mm coaxial machine gun with 2000 rounds, next is the DUBM-57 Kinzhal remote weapon station turret with the 57mm BM-57 autocannon and two ready to fire Ataka-T ATGM missiles, and finally there is the AU-220M Baikal remote weapon station with the BM-57 (with 200 rounds of ammunition of either the 53-UBR-281U Armor-piercing Tracer Round and/or the 53-ERM-281U Fragmentation Tracer Round firing at 120 RPM, source from army guide dot com article on the AU-220M), a coaxial PKMT machine gun with 2000 rounds, and two ready to fire 9M120-1 Ataka ATGM missiles.

It has a top speed of 65 to 70 kph, weighs 48 tons, and has a maximum range of 550 km.

Main Source: The Wikipedia article for the T-15.

< Message edited by Tookatee -- 6/16/2019 10:33:09 AM >

(in reply to Tookatee)
Post #: 4677
RE: Thread for DB3000 database problems, updates or issues - 6/16/2019 12:37:14 PM   
zyc120c

Hey, there. I have some thing to report about Taiwan's Sky Bow III air defence system(#888).(or Tien-Kung III)

As the DB right now, the Sky Bow III is a target altitude from 100k to 80k ft AGL, THAAD-like ABM system. However, as the Sky Bow III producer NCSIST(National Chung-Shan Institute of Science and Technology) subscribe in its website, it is
quote:

The Tien-Kung III (abbreviated as TK III) is a land-based surface to air weapon system developed by NCSIST. The system is designed to engage different threats, including: aircrafts, cruise missiles, anti-radiation missiles, and short range tactical missiles.

So rather than a THAAD-like ABM system, I think it is much more like a PAC-2 GEM -a SAM system has ABM ability.

Reference:I cant post links, you can find it on NCSIST's wed site(they have English version)

< Message edited by zyc120c -- 6/16/2019 5:10:33 PM >

(in reply to Tookatee)
Post #: 4678
RE: Thread for DB3000 database problems, updates or issues - 6/16/2019 12:48:41 PM   
Dimitris

http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/fb.asp?m=4647045

quote:

Thank you for the update! Just a heads up, the SM-2 Block IIIC is missing its CEC capability and has too low of Anti-Air range of 50 NMI, according to Raytheon it should be at least 90 NMI. Sources are linked below

https://www.raytheon.com/capabilities/products/sm-2

https://defence-blog.com/news/raytheon-receives-149m-for-development-of-sm-2-block-iiic-missile.html

(in reply to zyc120c)
Post #: 4679
RE: Thread for DB3000 database problems, updates or issues - 6/16/2019 1:01:59 PM   
stilesw

quote:

The Charles F. Adams class DDGs were produced in two groups (commonly referred to as "A" and "B"). The only difference I see is the CF Adams A mount a dual rail Mk 11, while the CF Adams B mounts a single arm Mk 13.

Mike,

Logged for evaluation. Thanks.

-Wayne

(in reply to miller7219)
Post #: 4680
Page:   <<   < prev  154 155 [156] 157 158   next >   >>
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> Mods and Scenarios >> Bangladesh Navy Page: <<   < prev  154 155 [156] 157 158   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI