Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: Any tips on Japanese Production system?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> RE: Any tips on Japanese Production system? Page: <<   < prev  1 [2] 3   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Any tips on Japanese Production system? - 6/20/2019 8:34:01 AM   
jdsrae

GA I have to disagree on anything being converted to AKV, and for me the Lima is better used moving resources rather than sitting in port as an AKE.
I use Yusens for strategic and assault troop transport so the only real question for me is which resource route(s) to use Lima on.
I don’t have any long haul resource routes, so the choice for them really boils down to Fusan or Hokkaido?
They should be able to run either convoy route non-stop for 3 full years so that would add up to a lot of fuel wasted if you ran less efficient xAK instead.

< Message edited by jdsrae -- 6/20/2019 8:39:59 AM >

Currently playing my first PBEM, no house rules Scenario 1 as IJ.
AAR link (no SolInvictus): https://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=4684655

(in reply to GetAssista)
Post #: 31
RE: Any tips on Japanese Production system? - 6/20/2019 8:45:25 AM   
inqistor

quote:

ORIGINAL: jdsrae

quote:

ORIGINAL: rustysi

OK, but the difficulty I have is getting things to move to Fusan. The game will usually move things to the largest port, and for me that's PA right now. Don't have enough engineers at Fusan to build the port up enough.

In my current game I moved every engineer unit in Manchukuo to Fusan from day 1.
They had Fusan port maxed at size 8 before the end of Dec 41, but PA is size 9 so will always be the bigger port and therefore magnet for oil/resources.

The size 8 Fusan port supports 2 x big Lima convoys to haul resources Fusan—>Shimonoseki and they draw enough resources to fill them, but if I lost my marbles and stopped those convoys for any reason everything would stockpile back at PA.

Coincidentally, the total haulage capacity of the Lima class is close to the daily resource excess produced in CMK. It’s like the devs planned it or something!
The trick is to avoid any of the Lima that start with troops on them getting sunk in the first few weeks

After 3 months I have sucked Korea Resources dry, and there is barely anything at PA now, except supply. Like, maybe 17k Resources, but they tend to accumulate at two production Centers on the west Korea coast now. They will probably move to PA, if I let them accumulate, but I save few hexes route, by loading them directly there. No Korea port was expanded so far.

(in reply to jdsrae)
Post #: 32
RE: Any tips on Japanese Production system? - 6/20/2019 2:01:23 PM   
WingCmdr

Can you put some names on these ports, I know they are hard to spell.

Fusan is the only port you need, PA only for oil.

You waste fuel if you pull resources from anywhere else in Korea.

(in reply to inqistor)
Post #: 33
RE: Any tips on Japanese Production system? - 6/20/2019 2:02:04 PM   
WingCmdr

quote:

GA I have to disagree on anything being converted to AKV, and for me the Lima is better used moving resources rather than sitting in port as an AKE.
I use Yusens for strategic and assault troop transport so the only real question for me is which resource route(s) to use Lima on.
I don’t have any long haul resource routes, so the choice for them really boils down to Fusan or Hokkaido?
They should be able to run either convoy route non-stop for 3 full years so that would add up to a lot of fuel wasted if you ran less efficient xAK instead.

quote:

GA I have to disagree on anything being converted to AKV, and for me the Lima is better used moving resources rather than sitting in port as an AKE. I use Yusens for strategic and assault troop transport so the only real question for me is which resource route(s) to use Lima on. I don’t have any long haul resource routes, so the choice for them really boils down to Fusan or Hokkaido? They should be able to run either convoy route non-stop for 3 full years so that would add up to a lot of fuel wasted if you ran less efficient xAK instead.

< Message edited by jdsrae -- 6/20/2019 8:39:59 AM >

I think you need to read the manual about the uses of an AKE.

You can use to transport supply as well ya know.

< Message edited by WingCmdr -- 6/20/2019 2:03:17 PM >

(in reply to jdsrae)
Post #: 34
RE: Any tips on Japanese Production system? - 6/20/2019 2:48:04 PM   
GetAssista

quote:

Well, it all can be calculated. Including the need to run your BBs back to large ports wasting fuel (much more of that compared to xAKs) and time because you don't have large enough AKEs on hand to reload them.

Also with my current haul of 50k res a day from Korea, running Adens instead of Limas on Fusan-Shimonoseki 4 hex route would consume an additional 14k fuel a year. I can perfectly live with that.

(in reply to jdsrae)
Post #: 35
RE: Any tips on Japanese Production system? - 6/20/2019 6:02:14 PM   
rustysi

quote:

ORIGINAL: GetAssista

quote:

Coincidentally, the total haulage capacity of the Lima class is close to the daily resource excess produced in CMK. It’s like the devs planned it or something!
The trick is to avoid any of the Lima that start with troops on them getting sunk in the first few weeks

There are so many better uses for your Limas though than shuttling 2 hexes - AKEs, AKVs, sturdy troop transports. Shuttling the short route can be done by anything, fuel expenditure is minimal and hence fuel efficiency does not matter much

My ideas are more along these lines, than what's been said above or below.

It is seldom that liberty of any kind is lost all at once. Hume

In every party there is one member who by his all-too-devout pronouncement of the party principles provokes the others to apostasy. Nietzsche

Cave ab homine unius libri. Ltn Prvb

(in reply to GetAssista)
Post #: 36
RE: Any tips on Japanese Production system? - 6/20/2019 6:25:59 PM   
rustysi

quote:

for me the Lima is better used moving resources rather than sitting in port as an AKE.

This AKE conversion used to be needed as the Lima's were the only vessels capable of reloading 16" (40cm) shells for Japan. That said there wasn't a large need, so I used to convert six and spread them throughout the empire for the Mutsu and Nagato. Now things have changed and AKE's will 'add' to resup larger cal weapons. Intended? Either way it is what it is. As of now all one need to convert to AKE are some of the plentiful Aden's. They can handle Japan's requirements.

IIRC these vessels will also convert to AK's, which is something Japan will need after the early war load/unload bonuses expire. AK's will load/unload at a rate of 600, compared to 250 for xAP's/xAK's.

As for using them on short haul runs, I don't. They are long haul guys with a very good capacity. I really don't understand how players don't haul resources from the SRA and other areas home. If I use fuel to do so, so be it. As long as I see my fuel levels increasing I don't care. If they were dropping for some reason I would check to see why and then act accordingly. If that meant that my resource haul was the cause, then at that point I would suspend my long haul gets.

Let's keep in mind that everything in the game will probably change over the course of same. So, what works in the first few months of the game will not in the later stages. As for merchie conversions most may be changed back later. So, if a Lima is an AK, at any point I desire it may become an xAK again, and haul resources from an expanded Fusan. Again I can expand Fusan whenever I wish. The key is to be flexible and change with the conditions of the game at the current time.

In every party there is one member who by his all-too-devout pronouncement of the party principles provokes the others to apostasy. Nietzsche

(in reply to rustysi)
Post #: 37
RE: Any tips on Japanese Production system? - 6/20/2019 6:33:25 PM   
Mike Solli

In my game with Ted, I used Limas to haul from Fusan and from Hakodate (in addition to half a dozen as AKEs). Why? Because the math worked out well. In my game with Mike, I'm using Adens. Why? Because the perfect math doesn't really matter here and the Limas are more useful as AKEs and AKs.

Just my $0.02.

Created by the amazing Dixie

(in reply to rustysi)
Post #: 38
RE: Any tips on Japanese Production system? - 6/20/2019 7:02:14 PM   
USSAmerica

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mike Solli

In my game with Ted, I used Limas to haul from Fusan and from Hakodate (in addition to half a dozen as AKEs). Why? Because the math worked out well. In my game with Mike, I'm using Adens. Why? Because the perfect math doesn't really matter here and the Limas are more useful as AKEs and AKs.

Just my $0.02.

<takes notes> .... wait, what's an Aden? That's supposed to be MY base!

Mike

"Good times will set you free" - Jimmy Buffett

"They need more rum punch" - Me

Artwork by The Amazing Dixie

(in reply to Mike Solli)
Post #: 39
RE: Any tips on Japanese Production system? - 6/20/2019 7:03:57 PM   
Mike Solli

quote:

ORIGINAL: USSAmerica

quote:

Just my $0.02.

Not for long!

(in reply to USSAmerica)
Post #: 40
RE: Any tips on Japanese Production system? - 6/20/2019 7:07:46 PM   
USSAmerica

quote:

quote:

quote:

Just my $0.02.

Not for long!

Now THAT feat would put you into the AE Hall of Immortals!

Mike

(in reply to Mike Solli)
Post #: 41
RE: Any tips on Japanese Production system? - 6/20/2019 7:51:01 PM   
rustysi

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Just my $0.02.

Not for long!

Go for it, Mike.

(in reply to USSAmerica)
Post #: 42
RE: Any tips on Japanese Production system? - 6/20/2019 7:51:50 PM   
rustysi

Oh, wait aren't they both Mike...

Ah, what the heck... Go for it.

(in reply to rustysi)
Post #: 43
RE: Any tips on Japanese Production system? - 6/20/2019 8:17:36 PM   
Chickenboy

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Just my $0.02.

Not for long!

Dude, don't stop at Aden! Take "East Coast USA" and the "United Kingdom" off map hexes too! Tenno Heiko BANZAI!

(in reply to USSAmerica)
Post #: 44
RE: Any tips on Japanese Production system? - 6/20/2019 8:20:37 PM   
Mike Solli

quote:

ORIGINAL: Chickenboy

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Just my $0.02.

Not for long!

Dude, don't stop at Aden! Take "East Coast USA" and the "United Kingdom" off map hexes too! Tenno Heiko BANZAI!

This I gotta try!

(in reply to Chickenboy)
Post #: 45
RE: Any tips on Japanese Production system? - 6/20/2019 8:28:20 PM   
Chickenboy

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Just my $0.02.

Not for long!

This I gotta try!

That would be something to see. Just slip an Independent SNLF company onto a long-range AP and take New York! The Statue of Liberty is Kaput!

(in reply to Mike Solli)
Post #: 46
RE: Any tips on Japanese Production system? - 6/20/2019 8:43:42 PM   
Mike Solli

Well, I just discovered you can set an off map base as a future objective. Just need to figure out how to get the unit there. Tina or Emily maybe?

(in reply to Chickenboy)
Post #: 47
RE: Any tips on Japanese Production system? - 6/20/2019 8:45:48 PM   
BBfanboy

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Just my $0.02.

Not for long!

This I gotta try!

That would be something to see. Just slip an Independent SNLF company onto a long-range AP and take New York! The Statue of Liberty is Kaput!

Sorry honoraburh dudes, there is a force fierd in prace to stop Japan-mens going off-map ...

Attachment (1)

No matter how bad a situation is, you can always make it worse. - Chris Hadfield : An Astronaut's Guide To Life On Earth

(in reply to Chickenboy)
Post #: 48
RE: Any tips on Japanese Production system? - 6/20/2019 8:48:59 PM   
Mike Solli

quote:

ORIGINAL: BBfanboy

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Just my $0.02.

Not for long!

This I gotta try!

Sorry honoraburh dudes, there is a force fierd in prace to stop Japan-mens going off-map ...

Where's the fun in that?!

(in reply to BBfanboy)
Post #: 49
RE: Any tips on Japanese Production system? - 6/20/2019 9:00:32 PM   
USSAmerica

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Just my $0.02.

Not for long!

This I gotta try!

Shhhhh! Let him waste resources trying.

Mike

(in reply to BBfanboy)
Post #: 50
RE: Any tips on Japanese Production system? - 6/20/2019 9:03:23 PM   
Zorch

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Just my $0.02.

Not for long!

This I gotta try!

Shhhhh! Let him waste resources trying.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to USSAmerica)
Post #: 51
RE: Any tips on Japanese Production system? - 6/20/2019 10:50:30 PM   
rustysi

quote:

Well, I just discovered you can set an off map base as a future objective. Just need to figure out how to get the unit there. Tina or Emily maybe?

Emily has a longer range. Just sayin'.

(in reply to Mike Solli)
Post #: 52
RE: Any tips on Japanese Production system? - 6/20/2019 10:53:55 PM   
Chickenboy

quote:

ORIGINAL: rustysi

quote:

Emily has a longer range. Just sayin'.

It's a pity that barges can't be produced that way. That would allow a Japanese barge convoy from Aden to take the off-map movement (remember, it doesn't use fuel) to East Coast USA.

(in reply to rustysi)
Post #: 53
RE: Any tips on Japanese Production system? - 6/20/2019 10:55:48 PM   
RangerJoe

How about the AMCs flying a neutral flag?

Seek peace but keep your gun handy.

I'm not a complete idiot, some parts are missing!

“Illegitemus non carborundum est (“Don’t let the bastards grind you down”).”
― Julia Child

(in reply to rustysi)
Post #: 54
RE: Any tips on Japanese Production system? - 6/20/2019 11:12:46 PM   
rustysi

quote:

ORIGINAL: RangerJoe

How about the AMCs flying a neutral flag?

Yeah, that's it, the Trojan Horse method. I like it.

(in reply to RangerJoe)
Post #: 55
RE: Any tips on Japanese Production system? - 6/20/2019 11:18:48 PM   
jdsrae

quote:

ORIGINAL: WingCmdr

I think you need to read the manual about the uses of an AKE.

You can use to transport supply as well ya know.

Sure, you can if you want to but you won't find me using AKE to haul cargo.
AKE have reduced capacity compared to leaving them as an xAK and they don't work as an AKE when they are moving.
If you want to use those ships to move supply and resources leave them as xAK.

Currently playing my first PBEM, no house rules Scenario 1 as IJ.
AAR link (no SolInvictus): https://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=4684655

(in reply to WingCmdr)
Post #: 56
RE: Any tips on Japanese Production system? - 6/20/2019 11:20:38 PM   
rustysi

+1

(in reply to jdsrae)
Post #: 57
RE: Any tips on Japanese Production system? - 6/20/2019 11:21:40 PM   
RangerJoe

The AKE can move any resource out when it is empty and is going to return to a supply depot and reload supplies, in other words ammo.

― Julia Child

(in reply to jdsrae)
Post #: 58
RE: Any tips on Japanese Production system? - 6/20/2019 11:25:03 PM   
rustysi

quote:

ORIGINAL: RangerJoe

The AKE can move any resource out when it is empty and is going to return to a supply depot and reload supplies, in other words ammo.

Its better to just reload the AKE from its current base. Save fuel.

(in reply to RangerJoe)
Post #: 59
RE: Any tips on Japanese Production system? - 6/20/2019 11:35:39 PM   
RangerJoe

Not if the supplies are not there. Or if the port facilities is so small and no naval support squads to be meaningful. Loading 50 supply units per sequence will not do enough.

― Julia Child

(in reply to rustysi)
Post #: 60
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2] 3   next >   >>
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> RE: Any tips on Japanese Production system? Page: <<   < prev  1 [2] 3   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI