Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

questions

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Strategic Command Series >> Strategic Command WWII: World at War >> questions Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
questions - 6/21/2019 1:33:15 AM   
Tidavis

Okay. Lets ask a couple of questions. Im playing multi player as the axis Waw 1939 scn. I'm 4 turns in. I can neither move or replace the vast majority of my Japanese units.

Most of my units start off a turn with a missing movement point which makes moving even a single hex, very difficult. Is this a supply problem, a weather problem? What is causing this.

The Chinese player does not seem to have the same problem because he can into hexes that I can only dream of. He is swamping me. Just what is going on.

I will admit to being nowhere near the best player but this is getting to me. Why cant i freaking move my units a single damn hex?

Post #: 1
RE: questions - 6/21/2019 1:54:59 PM   
countrboy

ZOC I'm guessing. It's a bugger in China and seems to impact the Japanese advance tremendously.

(in reply to Tidavis)
Post #: 2
RE: questions - 6/22/2019 10:32:45 AM   
PHalen

Sounds like you’re having a combo of supply, terrain, ZoC and maybe weather issues.
In places like China, you need to keep an eye on available APs and the terrain / ZoC situation.
I've made summary charts that I find quite useful.

Note that the cumulative AP penalties are in addition to the minimum 1 AP to move.
Also note that units with limited (1-5) supply get -1 AP.
Units with zero supply get -2 AP, but that's probably not your issue.

Good luck with the Chinese slugfest!
It initially feels like spitting on a stone but with careful supply planning, patience & as the Japs tech up, you should be able to break through.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to countrboy)
Post #: 3
RE: questions - 6/23/2019 8:35:31 AM   
jimkehn

Is this game on the same scale as Strategic Command: War in Europe?

(in reply to PHalen)
Post #: 4
RE: questions - 6/23/2019 2:50:11 PM   
Numdydar

No unfortunately

(in reply to jimkehn)
Post #: 5
RE: questions - 6/23/2019 11:59:47 PM   
Mercutio

Actually I find China not so bad. It is VERY choke point and supply driven. Stick to the roads, focus on supply and the shift key to attack and bring another unit is your friend. Focus on wiping out a unit and doing whatever damage you can that China losses more than you. They can't afford to replace everything. Hold in the center and north and push center-south. Buy garrisons to replace the units (and HQ!) in Manchuria will help a lot. Move the closest units to the north to help north and center. Operate the garrisons to the farthest places after operating them center.

To be fair, against a human it will be tough. Focus on Nanning and the industrial center to the south while threatening everywhere else. You have to bleed China. You have more MPPs. Don't waste them on more units. Just use your units wisely.

(in reply to Numdydar)
Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Strategic Command Series >> Strategic Command WWII: World at War >> questions Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI