Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: Submitted Scenarios

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Tigers on the Hunt >> Mods and Scenarios >> RE: Submitted Scenarios Page: <<   < prev  29 30 [31] 32 33   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Submitted Scenarios - 5/25/2019 5:49:39 AM   
Hailstone

quote:

ORIGINAL: UP844

Thanks Hailstone, "The Merville Battery" was nice (not to many units, Major Victory on the very last turn, equal losses for both sides, a fighting AI)

I'm going to give a try at "I remember": I also made a scenario about the fight at Casa Berardi from scratch, with a map based on actual topo maps of the area (a very tiring effort). It needs updating to exploit the new features introduced past its release (e.g. placing names on the map).

UP844, I'm anxious to hear about the "I Remember" scenario because I know you like a challenge and this one is it. Your Casa Berardi intrigues me, especially to
learn of your answer to depicting that "Ravine" in TotH. Meanwhile, I'll be scrounging around the trash bins for more scenarios.

(in reply to UP844)
Post #: 901
The Awakening of Spring - 5/25/2019 7:54:23 AM   
rico21

The Awakening of Spring

South of Lake Balaton, Hungary 1945-03-14.
With the Soviet Army firmly established on the Oder River and threatening Berlin, Hitler was still obsessed with taking the
offensive elsewhere. Hitler decided to launch an attack to create a buffer zone between the Soviet forces near the Danube
River and the Nagykanizsa oil fields. Operation Fruehlingserwachen (The Awakening of Spring) began on the night of March 5th.
General Tolbukhin's main force was hit hard, and the fighting was fierce. For the next several days, the Germans ground
forward adding divisions as they went. German armor battered away at the Soviet right flank where, on the 14th, General Wohler
threw in his last reserve formation, built out of the 6th SS Panzer Division and fielding 200 tanks and self-propelled guns, in
one final desperate push toward the Danube.

Attacker: German (6th SS-Panzer Army)
Defender: Russian (35th Guards Rifle Corps/23rd Tank Corps)

Best played on German SIDE first / with LOS: 16 Hexes / with RULE: Old 6+ years / with MOD: Yours / etc.

Scenario Length: 10 Game Turns
Victory objective: The side with the required Victory Points is the winner. Both sides gets VPs for owning VP Objectives.
Scenario designer : ASL'Men [ AH:The General # 31.1 ID:G33 ]

Attachment (1)

(in reply to Paullus)
Post #: 902
RE: The Awakening of Spring - 5/25/2019 11:38:09 AM   
UP844

Hailstone, I actually had to play"I Remember" two times: the first time I had some troops adjacent to a VP hex and a couple Shermans arriving on turn 7 when the game suffered one of its rare crashes. The second time, I got a Major Victory on the very last turn. In both cases, the loss ratio was about 1:1.5 (unlike the usual 10:1 or more) and I enjoyed the challenge.

Just for the sake of curiosity, I also tried playing the scenario with Germans: but since the AI does not enter bog hexes the Shermans never showed up and the valiand Canadians were slaughtered by tank, mortar and MG fire (loss ratio was approx. 12:1, with all my losses due to OBA).

In "Casa Berardi", the ravine, being to scale (see HERE for a map of the area) is more narrow than in "I remember" (which uses ASL map 7) and has even steeper sides: the course of play in both scenarios, however, is strikingly similar. My scenario is very old (it was released on 5/20/2016) and some now common tricks (such as using debris as muddy ground) were not yet known at the time. I made most of the ravine as river hexes (with some scrub hexes as fords: today I would use debris) and this prevents the Shermans from providing close support to the infantry.

I have an updated version in the works, but it still requires some finishing touches before being released.

< Message edited by UP844 -- 5/25/2019 11:40:38 AM >

Chasing Germans in the moonlight is no mean sport

Siegfried Sassoon

Long Range Fire (A7.22)........1/2 FP

(in reply to rico21)
Post #: 903
RE: The Awakening of Spring - 5/25/2019 3:03:16 PM   
Hailstone

Cool UP844, thanks for the feedback. I was most interested in your experience with the scenario and once again you've shown your
mastery of TotH. Unfortunately, I was lucky to only pull a minor victory after 4-5 attempts leaving me with the feeling I might have
made it too hard.

Now Rico is back with The Awakening of Spring and I'm hoping not to get my ass kicked too many times before I can win. We'll see soon enough.

I'm still rummaging through the dumpster for a snack and another scenario. SeeYa

(in reply to UP844)
Post #: 904
RE: The Awakening of Spring - 5/25/2019 3:16:24 PM   
Hailstone

UP844, I clicked on your link to your development of Casa Berardi and I was blown away! The scenario you're creating is so different
yet, a totally realistic version compared to the one I ported over. The ravine didn't look nearly as bad in your rendering which is
a big surprise when reading the scenario aftermath where they discuss the bogging down of most of Shermans limiting their support.
Anxious to see the OOB on your project.

(in reply to Hailstone)
Post #: 905
RE: Submitted Scenarios - 5/25/2019 3:21:44 PM   
rico21

"Now Rico is back with The Awakening of Spring and I'm hoping not to get my ass kicked too many times before I can win. We'll see soon enough. "

No risk!

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by rico21 -- 5/25/2019 3:23:35 PM >

(in reply to Hailstone)
Post #: 906
RE: Submitted Scenarios - 5/26/2019 5:32:11 PM   
Hailstone

Well, after numerous attempts I managed to capture 1 VP in Rico's "The Awakening of Spring". The Russian IS-2's are
impenetrable unless you are at close range with a Tiger because at a standoff range of about 10 hexes the odds were
75% to Hit and 5% to Kill. Keep losing all AFV's in trying to close the distance.

(in reply to rico21)
Post #: 907
RE: Submitted Scenarios - 5/26/2019 5:48:03 PM   
Big Ivan

Yeah I haven't tried Rico's new one yet, I'm to chicken! But it looks intense Hailstone.

Tank wrecks a go-go I'm sure!

Blitz call sign Big Ivan.

(in reply to Hailstone)
Post #: 908
RE: Submitted Scenarios - 5/28/2019 12:44:58 AM   
Hailstone

Last Fight

Near Bou Saadia, Tunisia, January 31st, 1943: Since January 18th, French troops in Tunisia had been roughed up by
a violent enemy offensive which aimed at gaining control of the western ridge, thus impairing Allied attacks and
giving some breathing room to the Axis. Poorly equipped, the French forces, including the 7th Moroccan Skimisher Regiment,
had to give up ground. After the 25th, the situation improved, due in part to the terrain which was more hilly and in
part to the intervention of Anglo-American reinforcements. Intense fighting took place on the road to Ousseltia. The
Germans were worried and they launched yet another attack on the 31st. 11th Company, 7th RTM, installed on Wadi Drijda
was forced to withdraw by the Gebirgsjagers fighting alongside the panzers. The enemy was infiltrated towards the road to
Bou Saadia crossroads. The commander of the 3rd Battalion of the 7th RTM ordered his 9th Company to counterattack with
British armored cars in support.

Game Length: 6 Turns

For the Allies to win they must control the crossroads.
For the Germans to win they must hold the buildings around the crossroads.

Allies: Squads, MMG, LMG, MTR, AFV's
Germans: Squads, MMG, LMG, ATR MTR

Boards: #17

Aftermath: Colonial infantrymen and AFV's advanced on the road. A few Germans launched an attack against the vehicles,
but they were swept aside. 11th Company, having withdrawn to the wadi, came back through the woods. Led by Lt. Moha,
the Moroccans engaged the Germans in hand to hand fighting, pushing them back with significant losses. The 7th RTM remained
in control of the battlefield. The last action of the Axis January offensive has just been fought.

Source: Tactiques Magazine, Scenario ASL TAC57, Last Fight

I just edited the scenario because I caught the AI placing motars in buildings.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by Hailstone -- 5/28/2019 3:11:26 AM >

(in reply to Paullus)
Post #: 909
RE: Submitted Scenarios - 5/28/2019 6:27:31 PM   
Firebri

To Hailstone,

The last fight map looks great. Have you modified the buildings? They look good too.

(in reply to Hailstone)
Post #: 910
RE: Submitted Scenarios - 5/28/2019 10:50:16 PM   
Hailstone

Firebri, I stand on the shoulders of giants. The mapboards I use were downloaded from Mods and Scenarios with a little twist now
and then to follow the scenario special rules like "all buildings on board 2 are stone" so I convert the buildings. But really the hard
work has already been done by skilled enthusiast from the past. The ASL3D mod is the one I use so I don't see what you see regarding
the map appearance because you're probably using a different "terrain" mod. Having said all that, thanks for the compliment.

(in reply to Firebri)
Post #: 911
The Liberators - 5/30/2019 8:21:30 AM   
rico21

The Liberators

North of Wiener Neustadt, Austria 1945-04-02.
Following the collapse of Hitler's Awakening of Spring, on March 16th, Marshall Tolbuhkin's 3rd Ukrainian Front went over to
the attack. The 6th Guards Tank Army was placed at his disposal to deal with the stiff resistance. On April 2nd, having
captured the large industrial center of Weiner Neustadt, he sent a column toward Vienna spearheaded by the 9th Guards
Mechanized Corps.

Attacker: Russian (IX Corps/49th Guards Heavy Tank Regiment and 389th Guards Suka Regiment/384th Guards Suka Regiment)
Defender: German (SS-Panzer Korps I/Schwere SS-Panzer Jagd Abteilung 560 or Schwere SS-Panzer Abteilung 504/SS-Pioneer
Kompanie)

Best played on Russian SIDE first / with LOS: 16 Hexes / with RULE: Heavy Tank wrecks a go-go / with MOD: Yours / etc.

Scenario Length: 8.5 Game Turns
Victory objective: The side with the required Victory Points is the winner. Both sides gets VPs for owning VP Objectives.
Scenario designer : ASL'Men [ AH:The General # 31.1 ID:G34 ]

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by rico21 -- 5/30/2019 8:28:39 AM >

(in reply to Hailstone)
Post #: 912
RE: Submitted Scenarios - 6/1/2019 11:45:33 PM   
Hailstone

Here's to the 1st day of June...

29 Let's Go (***listed as "290 Let's Go" to separate from original TotH numbered scenarios***)

Grandcamp, France, June 8th, 1944: Two days after D-Day, the 352nd Infantry Division, now decimated, was
forced to withdraw in the face of an American push from Omaha Beach. The small port at Grandcamp, because of
its importance for Allied supplies, was nevertheless defended against elements of the Rangers and of the
29th Division that came out of Pointe du Hoc. The swampy terrain was an asset to the Germans, and so was a
small stream protecting the eastern approaches to the village. Around midday, a group of Rangers were fought
off. A more powerful American attack was then prepared.

Game Length: 8 Turns

For the Americans to win they must capture 4 large stone buildings in Grandcamp
For the Germans to win they must hold Grandcamp against the Americans

Americans: Squads, MMG's, MTR's, BAZ's, AFV's
Germans: Squads, HMG, MMG, LMG's, PSK, MTR

Boards: #16, #22

Aftermath: After a one-hour naval bombardment, K and L Companies of the 116th Infantry Regiment launched an
assault with the support of Sherman tanks. The tanks crossed the untouched bridge, but one of them blew up
on a mine. The GI's were taken to task by German MG's and mortars and returned the fire. The Americans seem
to be marking time at the edge of the village. At this point, Sgt. Peregory infiltrated the enemy positions
and single-handedly neutralized an MG nest with Garand fire and grenades. He pushed his prisoners in front of
him, knocked out another MG nest and captured some more Germans. This exceptional action allowed the main
force of the battalion to mop up Grandcamp. Peregory would be the only man of the 116th and one of only two
of the 29th Division ever to be awarded the Congressional Medal of Honor. He never learned about it: he was
killed in action 6 days later.

Source: Tactiques Magazine, Scenario ASL TAC58, 29 Let's Go

Attachment (1)

(in reply to Paullus)
Post #: 913
RE: Submitted Scenarios - 6/2/2019 1:08:24 AM   
Raybert1123

Nice! Thank you.

(in reply to Hailstone)
Post #: 914
RE: Submitted Scenarios - 6/4/2019 12:48:44 AM   
Hailstone

Paullus, I just went over your listing of scenarios and noticed that the inspired authors were not mentioned
at first. Thanks for including the "uploader" and the references.

(in reply to Paullus)
Post #: 915
RE: Submitted Scenarios - 6/4/2019 4:31:47 AM   
Paullus

quote:

ORIGINAL: Hailstone

Paullus, I just went over your listing of scenarios and noticed that the inspired authors were not mentioned
at first. Thanks for including the "uploader" and the references.

Thank you Hailstone.

For my part, I shall do my duty as a general; I shall see to it that you are given the chance of a successful action. /Lucius Aemilius Paullus

(in reply to Hailstone)
Post #: 916
Plan Two - 6/6/2019 7:54:15 AM   
rico21

Plan Two

Omaha Beach, Normandy 1944-06-06.
Captain Goranson made a critical decision, he decided to go left toward the fortified house and knockout any positions there
before proceeding on his mission toward Pointe de la Percée. The Rangers found that just beyond the house lay a stongpoint
consisting of a maze of dugouts and trenches, including machine-gun emplacements and a mortar position.

Attacker: American (C/2nd Ranger Bn.)
Defender: German (11/II/726 Infanterie Regt.)

Best played on American SIDE first / with LOS: 16 Hexes / with RULE: Rangers lead the way! / with MOD: Yours / etc.

Scenario Length: 6 Game Turns
Scenario designer : ASL'Men [ First Wave at Omaha ]

Attachment (1)

(in reply to Paullus)
Post #: 917
RE: Submitted Scenarios - 6/7/2019 8:14:12 PM   
Hailstone

For the D-Day sacrifices that were made, we cannot thank enough.

Here's another scenario ...

Dangerous Crossroads

South of Mateur, Tunisia, November 25th, 1942: Operation Torch had brought war to the Maghreb. Anglo-American
mechanized columns were racing for Tunis, and had crossed the Algeria-Tunisian border with the goal of capturing
the Tunisian capital before the Axis was reinforced. Blade Force, with the 17th/21st Lancers as its core, was one
of many groups advancing eastward despite the bad weather and enemy roadblocks. Germans and Italians were desperately
trying to gain time to concentrate their forces for a counter-attack. A first roadblock, manned by troops of the
Italian 92nd Infantry Regiment has swept aside during the night of November 24th. Major Witzig , CO in the Mateur
area, sent the rest of 9th Company to block a crossroads on the roads to Mateur and Tebourba. The next morning,
British armored cars found the enemy and by 1000 Hrs, C Squadron, 17th/21st Lancers attacked, supported by the only
infantry company in Blade Force.

Game length: 7 Turns

For the British/Americans to win they must take the crossroads by capturing 2 buildings.
For the German/Italian to win they must hold the crossroads.

British/Americans: Squads, LMG's, ATR's, MTR's, AFV's
German/Italians: Squads, MMG's, LMG's, MTR's, ATR's, DC, AFV's

Boards: #11, #16

Aftermath: A few Valentines bogged down in a wadi, but the majority of the squadron reached the crossroads where it
came under fire from the Semoventes concealed near the farms dominating the road. A Valentine and a Crusader were
damaged but the Italian AFV's were quickly knocked out. The defender's fire stopped the infantry dead in its tracks
and a Carrier was blown up by a mine. Despite armor support, the attack bogged down, and the reserve infantry section
and the close support Crusaders had to enter the fray to dislodge the German Pioneers and the Italian infantrymen. The
last defenders surrendered at around 1300 Hrs. Their resistance had bought some time for the Axis.

Source: Tactiques Magazine, Scenario ASL TAC55, Dangerous Crossroads

Attachment (1)

(in reply to Paullus)
Post #: 918
Bicske Brawl - 6/9/2019 2:36:40 PM   
rico21

Bicske Brawl

West of Bicske, Hungary 1945-01-04.
Operation Konrad, the codename for the attempted relief of Budapest, kicked off on New Year’s day.
Initial surprise allowed the 4th SS Panzer Korps to make good progress against increasingly stiff
resistance. On January 5th, the SS "Wiking" Division assaulted a strong line of anti-tank and machine
gun positions manned by the 41st Guards Rifle Division, outside the key crossroads town of Bicske.

Attacker: German (5th SS Panzer Division)
Defender: Russian (41st Guards Rifle Division)

Best played on German SIDE first / with LOS: 16 Hexes / with RULE: Ice / with MOD: Yours / etc.

Scenario Length: 5 Game Turns
Scenario designer : ASL'Men [ Coastal Fortress ]

Attachment (1)

(in reply to Paullus)
Post #: 919
RE: Submitted Scenarios - 6/9/2019 4:31:14 PM   
Hailstone

The Penetration of Rostov

Rostov, July 24th, 1942: With the German summer offensive of '42, "Operation Blue", Hitler hoped to force a
decision on the southern front. In an attempt to form a large scale encirclement on the lower Don, the City
of Rostov became the natural center of operations. The initial breach of the outer city defenses had been made
by the Panzer troops of the III and LVII Corps, but the city's center was the battlefield for assault parties
and not armored formations. To make matters worse, the NKVD garrison was determined to defend Rostov to the
last bullet. Functioning as the regime's guard against possible rebellion, the NKVD troops were very familiar
with street fighting techniques. To defeat such an enemy the Germans had to formulate a definite plan of attack.
The 1st and 3rd Battalion, 421st Infantry Regiment was divided into three assault companies each. Each company,
fighting in line abreast, was to advance down its assigned sector and secure each block therein. In this way, each
company protected its neighbors from flank attacks.

Game Length: 11 turns

For the Germans to win they must clear the NKVD troops from the buildings.
For the Russian to win they must defend Rostov.

Germans: Squads, HMG, LMG's, AFV's
Russian: Squads, MMG's, LMG's, ATR's, MOL's

Board: #1

Aftermath: The fighting became fiercest in the area around the Tagaurog road which led straight to the Don bridge.
The German attack was held up repeatedly, discovering it near impossible to pin-point the well camouflaged NKVD
troops. By using close support artillery and a few tanks of the 13th Panzer Division, the assault companies began the
bombardment of suspected enemy positions. Soon they were able to work their way forward by zig-zagging along the streets
and using the tanks for cover where possible. Bt the early morning of the next day all the companies of the 421st
Regiment had reached the Don River. The Germans had forced the last enemy units out of Rostov. The gateway to The
Caucasus had been opened.

Source: ASL Scenario 104, The Penetration of Rostov

Attachment (1)

(in reply to Paullus)
Post #: 920
RE: Submitted Scenarios - 6/10/2019 4:17:57 PM   
Hailstone

Battle for the Warta Line

Central Poland, September 6th, 1939: For two days the Poles desperately tried to hold a line in the
vicinity of the Warta and Widawka Rivers but were gradually pushed back. However, the stubborn resistance
of the crack Polish 10th Division was threatening to throw the German invaders severely off their time
schedule and might enable the Poznan to escape almost certain encirclement. Determined to break through,
the Germans brought up heavy reinforcements including the elite Liebstandarte Regiment and attacked once
again.

Game Length: 9 turns

For the Germans to win they must exit 8 squads off the east edge.
For the Poles to win they must prevent the German breakthrough.

Germans: Squads, MMG's, LMG's, Radio, AFV's, ART
Poles: Squads, MMG's, LMG's, ATR's, Radio

BOARDS: #3, #5

Aftermath: The battered remnants of the Polish 10th Division extracted a heavy toll from the attackers, but
equipment wise they were no match for the Germans. Although a total breakthrough was prevented, by September
7th little hope remained and a forced retreat with the gallant survivors was started towards the Vistula.

Source: ASL Scenario 21, Battle for the Warta Line

Attachment (1)

(in reply to Paullus)
Post #: 921
RE: Submitted Scenarios - 6/10/2019 4:36:55 PM   
UP844

Great memories of "Crescendo of Doom"

Chasing Germans in the moonlight is no mean sport

Siegfried Sassoon

Long Range Fire (A7.22)........1/2 FP

(in reply to Hailstone)
Post #: 922
Gefechtsaufklärung - 6/11/2019 6:06:13 PM   
rico21

Gefechtsaufklärung

Lithuania, end of June 1941.
Heeresgruppe Nord advances into the Baltic states.
Our infantry follows the armoured spearheads of the Panzer Divisions.
We've sent out small reconnaissance parties, like the one you are leading, to secure the flanks.
Today, not much resistance is expected. A StuG is added to your unit, just in case.

Attacker: German
Defender: Russian

Best played on German SIDE first / with LOS: 26 Hexes / with RULE: Reco in Force / with MOD: Yours / etc.

Scenario Length: 8 Game Turns
Scenario designer : Combat Mission'Men [ CMBB ]

Attachment (1)

(in reply to Paullus)
Post #: 923
A Bridgehead Too Far - 6/13/2019 11:24:16 AM   
rico21

A Bridgehead Too Far

Latvia, late June 1941.
In the drive north, the 3rd battery of Sturmgeschütz-Abteilung 185 found itself in the forward elements of the 18th Army of
Heeresgruppe Nord.
Driving hard to capture Riga, the battery crossed the Düna River on a pontoon bridge.
The StuGs were barely across the river when the bridge was destroyed by artillery fire.
You have a single StuG section and several engineeer units under your command. Defend the area around the bridge; sappers will
repair it as soon as they can. Hold on until then! Viel Glück!

Attacker: Russian
Defender: German

Best played on German SIDE first / with LOS: 26 Hexes / with RULE: Delay / with MOD: Yours / etc.

Scenario Length: 6 Game Turns

Attachment (1)

(in reply to rico21)
Post #: 924
RE: A Bridgehead Too Far - 6/14/2019 2:20:12 AM   
Hailstone

Rico, really liked your Bicske Brawl and Plan Two for being short and sweet, as I like'em.

(in reply to rico21)
Post #: 925
RE: Submitted Scenarios - 6/14/2019 12:50:21 PM   
rico21

Me too, I like your comments when they are short!

(in reply to Hailstone)
Post #: 926
RE: Submitted Scenarios - 6/16/2019 7:36:56 PM   
Hailstone

Midnight Massacre

Uttfeld, Germany, September 15th, 1944: The "Siegfried Line" was proving just as tough to crack
as everyone had feared. The 28th Division was the first American unit to be ordered to tackle
this formidable obstacle, an honor its men would rather have left for someone else. Progress was
slow and costly, and often strayed from the plan. In order to close an unexpected gap between two
battalions, Company F of the 110th Infantry Regiment cleared out a small grouping of pillboxes
in the late afternoon of September 14th. The last pillbox fell just as darkness arrived. The
weary men settled down around the pitted and scarred pillboxes, hoping to spend a quiet night.
But just after midnight, the sound of approaching tracked vehicles brought everyone awake.

Game Length: 7 turns

For the Germans to win they must capture all pillboxes
For the Americans to win they hold the pillboxes

Germans: Squads, MMG, LMG's, FT's, AFV's
Americans: Squads, MMG, MTR, BAZ's

Boards: #17, #18

Aftermath: The newly reconstituted 304th Panzergrenadier Regiment of the 2nd Panzer had been called
upon to counterattack, and given some special support in the form of flamethrower armed halftracks.
Overrunning the American pickets, the Germans were among the positions of the company almost before
all were awake. Company F's radio was defective, capable of sending but not receiving. Only one
desperate message was transmitted to nearby units: "King Sugar to anybody. King Sugar to anybody.
Help! We are having a counterattack - tanks, infantry, flamethrowers!" But the radio unable to
receive, no artillery support could be offered and the regimental CO could not get more information
on the enemy force. Before any help could arrive, the action had subsided. The men of Company F had
been slaughtered, most in their foxholes; only a few had survived to flee to tell, in disjointed
detail, what had happened.

Source: from ASL Annual '89, ASL Scenario A9, Midnight Massacre

Attachment (1)

(in reply to Paullus)
Post #: 927
High Noon - 6/20/2019 10:20:31 AM   
rico21

High Noon

July 1941, Orsha-Smolensk higway.
In little over a week the armoured spearheads of Heeresgruppe Mitte overran Byelorussia shattering and encircling entire
Soviet fronts in the process.
The 7th Panzer Division forced the Berezina River and now strikes further estwards in the direction of Vitebsk.
Your task is to control the village of Ostroyski and the surrounding area. It is a locally important road junction.
We expect only sporadic resistance. Some locals have mentioned a Tank Training School nearby, but they have certainly
evacuated eastwards.

Attacker: German
Defender: Russian

Best played on German SIDE first / with LOS: 26 Hexes / with RULE: Stuka / with MOD: Yours / etc.

Scenario Length: 8 Game Turns

Attachment (1)

(in reply to Paullus)
Post #: 928
RE: Submitted Scenarios - 6/24/2019 3:44:50 PM   
Hailstone

Beyond the Blue Beach

Paestum, Italy, September 9th, 1943: At one minute past midnight, loudspeakers on the Allied transports
called the boat teams to their stations. Before them lay the beaches of Salerno. The 141st and 142nd
Infantry Regiments of the U.S. 36th Division would be first ashore, in six waves at the Paestum beaches.
The landings went without a serious hitch, although tanks of the 16th Panzer, charged with defenses of the
area, in scattered positions did make it difficult for some to reach their initial objectives. On "Blue
Beach", the 141st had come ashore in good order and were quickly setting up defensive positions on the
coastal plain. But the enemy was not idle. Shortly after 0700, three and a half hours after the initial
assault had touched shore, a number of Mk IV's probed the left flank of the 141st. Repulsed due to the
judicious intervention of the 36th Calvary Recon Troop, the Germans tried again within the hour, this time
on the right flank.

Game Length: 8 turns

For the Germans to win they must exit 3 AFV's off the west edge toward Blue Beach
For the Americans to win they must prevent the panzer breakthrough to the assault beaches

Germans: Squads, HMG, MMG's, LMG's AFV's
Americans: Squads, HMG's, MMG's, MTR's, BAZ's, ART's

Boards: #4, #16, #19

Aftermath: The first German thrust against Company K became disorganized when the tankers were unnerved by
a wild infantry charge from the G.I. foxholes led by Captain Hersel Adams. The panzers fell back to regroup.
In a second assault some minutes later, Adams was killed and the panzers threatened to break through the
thin American lines. But by that time, Company M had been ordered to their support. Two men of that company,
Pfc. Rookery and Pvt. Counselman, took a bazooka from a wounded man and proceeded to slow the advance with
some well-aimed fire from less than 30 yards. Their heroism gave the crews of the two 105mm howitzers of the
151st Field Artillery Battalion (which had just landed in the sixth wave) time to unlimber their guns. The
point-blank fire of these proved decisive in breaking up the armored attack. The 16th Panzer would not seriously
threaten Blue Beach again on D-Day.

Source: ASL Annual '89 magazine, ASL Scenario A4, Beyond the Blue Beach

Attachment (1)

(in reply to Paullus)
Post #: 929
RE: Submitted Scenarios - 6/24/2019 3:47:46 PM   
Hailstone

Regalbuto Ridge

Regalbuto, Italy, July 31st, 1943: Since the 12th the British 30th Corps had been battling through the
hills and valleys of central Sicily, protecting the flank of the 13th Corps' advance on Catania.
Instrumental in that scheme was the clearing of Agira and Regalbuto. Finally, after days of bitter
combat in the barren countryside, the Canadians had seized Agira on the morning of the 29th of July. Now
it was up to the Devonshire and Dorsetshire battalions of the 50th Infantry Division to take Regalbuto;
but dominating the town was the massive ridge that ran southwest of it, and that was held by the grenadiers
of the Hermann Goering Division. In a brilliant night march and attack, elements of the Devons swept up
and took the heights. But early next morning, as the British had come to expect from their tenacious
German counterparts, the weary Tommies had to face a sharp counterattack, spearheaded by combat engineers.

Game Length: 10 turns

For the Germans to win they must eliminate more British units than German
For the British to win they must eliminate the Germans in their counter-attack

Germans: Squads, LMG's, MMG, Radio, MTR
British: Squads, LMG's, MMG, MTR's

Boards: #2, #3

Aftermath: The Germans had managed to reach the foot of the slopes untroubled, and now boiled up from
ravines and gullies covered by smoke placed by the engineers. The action quickly became one of close quarters,
and a fierce struggle ensued among the rocks and scrub. For a time, the position looked critical for the
British. But, with great courage and dash, Lieutenant E. Helps - a Dorsetshire officer in the brigade
support group attached to the Devons - organized and led a platoon size counterattack at a crucial moment,
turning the tables on the Germans. The German survivors retreated; thanks to the actions of Lt. Helps, the
Devons had firmly re-established their hold on Regalbuto Ridge. Unfortunately, Helps was killed leading the
attack, another unsung hero of the invasion of "the soft underbelly of Europe".

Source: ASL Annual '89, SL Scenario A3, Regalbuto Ridge

Attachment (1)

(in reply to Paullus)
Post #: 930
Page:   <<   < prev  29 30 [31] 32 33   next >   >>
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Tigers on the Hunt >> Mods and Scenarios >> RE: Submitted Scenarios Page: <<   < prev  29 30 [31] 32 33   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI