Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

A/C ferry to another base, then assign to another mission

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> Mods and Scenarios >> Lua Legion >> A/C ferry to another base, then assign to another mission Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
A/C ferry to another base, then assign to another mission - 6/23/2019 1:26:47 PM   
AdmiralSteve

Hello again,

I'm wanting to assign A/C to a ferry mission and then once the a/c land at the base to be reassigned to another mission such as an air intercept. How can this be written into a Lua script?

Thanks again for those that help. My Tandy TRS-80 experience in 9th grade does absolutely nothing to help me here.

Steve

“There are no extraordinary men...just extraordinary circumstances that ordinary men are forced to deal with.”
Admiral William Frederick Halsey Jr. 1882-1959

Post #: 1
RE: A/C ferry to another base, then assign to another m... - 6/23/2019 8:10:38 PM   
Whicker

do you have to do the ferry mission in lua or can you set it up manually and then just change the mission in lua?

the hard part is probably how to know when to change the mission - I usually do it at a certain time when I know they will have arrived at the new base.

(in reply to AdmiralSteve)
Post #: 2
RE: A/C ferry to another base, then assign to another m... - 6/26/2019 1:06:38 AM   
hasler

I use the remains in trigger with a mission assign lua action.

For instance I have a squadron ferried from the US to Norway. I create an area on a side the player can’t see around the airbase. Then I set a trigger that those aircraft remain in the area for 30 mins to ensure everyone landed. Then I do a mission assignment as my lua action.

I did encounter a weird bug that if you set the ferry to one way the aircraft would not take off on the new mission so set your ferry to continuous.

(in reply to Whicker)
Post #: 3
RE: A/C ferry to another base, then assign to another m... - 6/26/2019 1:54:56 AM   
AdmiralSteve

I'll have to give that a shot. Thank you.

“There are no extraordinary men...just extraordinary circumstances that ordinary men are forced to deal with.”
Admiral William Frederick Halsey Jr. 1882-1959

(in reply to hasler)
Post #: 4
RE: A/C ferry to another base, then assign to another m... - 6/26/2019 3:45:44 PM   
Gunner98

quote:

I use the remains in trigger with a mission assign lua action.

I've used this in the past, if you're ferrying multiple units i.e. a Squadron be sure to tag the trigger on the last AC in the squadron

Check out our novel, Northern Fury: H-Hour!: http://northernfury.us/
And our blog: http://northernfury.us/blog/post2/
Twitter: @NorthernFury94 or Facebook https://www.facebook.com/northernfury/

(in reply to hasler)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> Mods and Scenarios >> Lua Legion >> A/C ferry to another base, then assign to another mission Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI