Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Campaign Crash

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Campaign Crash Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Campaign Crash - 5/15/2000 7:06:00 AM   
Big Joe

At the end of the 3rd battle during the Eagle campaign the game crashes on the summary screen I tried to get through it twice with no luck. I have the game saved on the last turn (thank God) so if theres way.....Also vehicles tend to drive into buildings a little to much, though it has saved me a couple of times, It does get annoying. Bill love the campaign so far the scatterd AB units and german entry points are a nice challange. Hope to see more soon.

Post #: 1
- 5/15/2000 7:26:00 AM   
Wild Bill

Send me your last turn Big Joe and let me see if it crashes on me. If it does, I may be able to figure it out. billw@thegamers.net Also, the building thing is something we have all noticed and it is the AI that disregards buildings and heads for the quickest way to the cookie jar. We're talking of trying to fix that in a patch. Joel Montagu did a beautiful map of Paris in his Free French Campaign. The French Tanks had an attitude. Without a German shot being fired, they make a wasteland of downtown Paris, running over every building they can find. "Driver, see that building to your left. Kill it. I know, I know, but kill it.." ARGH! Send me that turn and let me take a look. Standing by...WB ------------------ Wild Bill Wilder Coordinator, Scenario Design Matrix Games

In Arduis Fidelis
Wild Bill Wilder
Independent Game Consultant

(in reply to Big Joe)
Post #: 2
- 5/16/2000 1:51:00 AM   
O de B

As for buildings, i noticed that some happen to be built parly on roads (ex : second big building in the village in the tutorial scenario), maybe that's what confuses the AI ? Anyway, thanks a lot for your amazing job in scen design...

(in reply to Big Joe)
Post #: 3
- 5/16/2000 2:19:00 AM   
xman44

I also have this problem. I posted my question in the bugs topic. So I am interested in any answers that might be had.

(in reply to Big Joe)
Post #: 4
- 5/16/2000 5:43:00 AM   
BAR

Hi - I want to thank WB and the crew for a job well done ! I am thoroughly enjoying SPWAW. Unfortunately I am also having this problem though. I copied my Campaign, Scenario, and Save files to my desktop and then uninstalled the game using it's uninstaller, then re-inserted the 3 files hoping that the prob would be fixed. The camp still crashes after the last turn. Any help you can post or send me would be appreciated. Thanks again !

(in reply to Big Joe)
Post #: 5
- 5/16/2000 12:18:00 PM   
Wild Bill

Buildings in the road is a last minute problem that came up as the game was going out the door. The size of the newest buildings (multi-hex) changed and some ended up on road edges. The scenario designers are now aware of this problem and are being very careful to avoid this problem in the future. And the erroneous scenarios will be corrected little by little. Sorry for this last minute glitch...Wild Bill ------------------ Wild Bill Wilder Coordinator, Scenario Design Matrix Games

In Arduis Fidelis
Wild Bill Wilder

(in reply to Big Joe)
Post #: 6
- 5/16/2000 12:19:00 PM   
Wild Bill

No joy on the Eagles. I'll rework the campaign, battles 3-4 and see if we can make it work. It did in the testing but between then and now something has gone awry. I'll put up a notice when this is done and you can download the new version from the SPWAW scenario archive (depot)...Wild Bill ------------------ Wild Bill Wilder Coordinator, Scenario Design Matrix Games

In Arduis Fidelis
Wild Bill Wilder

(in reply to Big Joe)
Post #: 7
- 5/16/2000 8:39:00 PM   
Seth

I can't seem to successfully play the WWII campaigns. The game consistently crashes when units are moved. That was as Germans. I tried as the British, and after selecting my units, the game crashed while I was scrolling around the map in the deploy phase. I haven't had a problem with the scenarios, and I haven't tried a ready-made campaign. The problem may be with the computer. It's my girlfriend's, built from a Heathkit or something. It's really crappy. After it crashed, I tried playing a game that I've owned for 6 problem-free months, and it crashed. Upon restarting, it said the CMOS was bad. That's about all the info I can give without taking the case off.

(in reply to Big Joe)
Post #: 8
- 5/17/2000 8:49:00 AM   
Big Joe

Bill I'm sorry to here that. Would it be alright to start the Patton campaign and retain my saved eagles campaign in hopes you can fix it where I left off?

(in reply to Big Joe)
Post #: 9
- 5/17/2000 9:53:00 AM   
BAR

Hi Joe - thanks for getting back to me so quickly - I guess we will have to wait for the crew to come up with a fix - back to some of the awesome scenarios for a bit ! I was doing well in the third battle of the Eagle Camp. - maybe too well and the German commandes sabotaged our computers hehe. I am playing an excellent scen now about Noville - I hope that you have this one - I think it was included in the download - Take care and wish WB luck coming up with a fix --- Joe

(in reply to Big Joe)
Post #: 10
- 5/17/2000 10:00:00 AM   
BAR

Guess I should have scrolled a bit further down - WB has an Update on the Eagles Camp. a few topics below here - We are probably SOL as far as saving our old camp. (Bright side - only 3 battles in : ) ) - Check the Scenario Depot for the new Eagles Campaign according to WB - good luck !

(in reply to Big Joe)
Post #: 11
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Campaign Crash Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI