Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Construction in storms possible?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> Construction in storms possible? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Construction in storms possible? - 7/5/2019 9:41:20 PM   
CMS1302

Hey there,

has anyone figured out a way to construct bases in a galactic storm? Seems a little weird to me, that it should not be possible to build something in so many places, that's why I think it must be possible though difficult.

Tanks

Ingo
Post #: 1
RE: Construction in storms possible? - 7/5/2019 10:03:31 PM   
Aeson

Try creating a new design and adding armor to it before you add anything else, then order that design built in the storm cloud. It may also help to improve your Construction Yard components in the Energy and Construction tree so that they can assemble the station more quickly.

(in reply to CMS1302)
Post #: 2
RE: Construction in storms possible? - 7/6/2019 8:59:51 AM   
CMS1302

Did you succeed building a base in a storm, Aeson?!

That was my idea too and I already tried that - as soon as the construction ship starts working, the base explodes… even with out a lightning. I also added three construction-factories of each kind on the construction ship. I am pretty much at the end of the tech-tree and my armor and construction yards are as good as they get.

That's why I think there has to be something else one has to consider - I just can't figure out what and don't want to waste my time in trying something just to learn that it was never possible in first place.

Or is just possible in a specific version?

< Message edited by CMS1302 -- 7/6/2019 9:00:32 AM >

(in reply to Aeson)
Post #: 3
RE: Construction in storms possible? - 7/16/2019 2:27:28 PM   
Kull

An alternative is to create a special type of ship with high levels of shielding and all the other elements you wanted in that base, and then just park it there. One reason not to have a base there is it will operate like flypaper, drawing in civilian supply ships that will probably be annihilated by the storm.

(in reply to CMS1302)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> Construction in storms possible? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI