Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Version 3.06 under way

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Napoleonics] >> Campaigns on the Danube 1805 - 1809 >> Version 3.06 under way Page: [1] 2 3 4 5   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Version 3.06 under way - 7/7/2019 8:05:02 PM   
FrankHunter

Hello, I've gone through all the reports going back to the release of 3.05 and have compiled a to-do list.

A few have already been fixed
- the start date of the 1805 Late Russian Arrival scenario.
- the missing Austrian corps in the Charles takes command in 1805 scenario.
- Argentau's division in all 1809 scenarios
- the use of the "mouse over" providing stack numbers in games with Fog-of-war on

A couple of things will require some major surgery inclusing changes to the data footprint so I can't give an eta except to say it should be "soon"
Post #: 1
RE: Version 3.06 under way - 7/7/2019 8:13:21 PM   
demiller

Frank, you are the best! :-)

AKA panzerde

(in reply to FrankHunter)
Post #: 2
RE: Version 3.06 under way - 7/7/2019 10:16:02 PM   
pzgndr

+1 Thank you Frank!

Rasputista's AARs also contain several comments about minor bugs and opportunities for improvement.

(in reply to demiller)
Post #: 3
RE: Version 3.06 under way - 7/7/2019 10:18:18 PM   
FrankHunter

Yes, I've read those over the last few days looking for anything that needs fixing.

(in reply to pzgndr)
Post #: 4
RE: Version 3.06 under way - 7/7/2019 11:14:47 PM   
SteveD64

Awesome, thanks Frank. Looking forward to 1813 if you can make it happen.

Post #: 5
RE: Version 3.06 under way - 7/10/2019 6:31:29 PM   
FrankHunter

I see supply movement was being called twice per turn, that bug must have appeared in the last version or possibly the one before. Supply is going to move somewhat slower in the next version.

I've also changed supply to require messengers and put limits on how much supply can leave a town in a day. The latter was originally in the old 1806 and 1809 games, I believe that limit was dropped when Danube was published.

I've redone Reports so that they are no longer deleted after they are read unless you explicitly do so. Also, all the popups such as "Hospital setting up in Linz" etc in Full Fog games have been moved to Reports that arrive by messenger. So no more instant information in Full Fog games except for knowing the weather.

The popup messages were sometimes cut off by lack of space for the characters required, that should be fixed now.

I read about some problems with blowing bridges, still looking for that.

(in reply to SteveD64)
Post #: 6
RE: Version 3.06 under way - 7/11/2019 1:33:22 AM   
FrankHunter

Okay, found and fixed the bridge blowing bug.

Post #: 7
RE: Version 3.06 under way - 7/11/2019 6:45:53 AM   
Biondo

Hello Frank!

It's great to see you will release a new patch

I played a pvp with a friend and havd this issue like in this post

http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=4002268

We were playing with full fog of war too

And I have two requests, if it's possible to have the last position date/hour of a unit when you hover the mouse over it (I think it could be very useful in full fog of war games) and if it's possible to store also sent couriers. Those are not bug fixes, I know, but maybe in the future...

Bridge blowing bug and supply bug fixed are a very good news!

I'll be happy with everything you 'll make for this game, thanks very much for all your effort.

P.S. if you need playtester I'd be happy to help.

Post #: 8
RE: Version 3.06 under way - 7/11/2019 7:26:28 AM   
FrankHunter

You had disappearing friendly units in a PBEM Full Fog game? Do you happen to still have your saves?

Thank you

(in reply to Biondo)
Post #: 9
RE: Version 3.06 under way - 7/13/2019 7:58:43 AM   
FrankHunter

No luck yet replicating the disappearing units thing in PBEM. Still at it. Did add 1600 by 900 screen resolution.

Post #: 10
RE: Version 3.06 under way - 7/13/2019 11:20:45 AM   
Biondo

Hi Frank, I still have all the saves but probably it was version 3.04.

I was playing French side but the problem was with some unit of the austrian side.

We played 1809 variant: charles original plan, reports only.

It was something you already look at in the previous patch?

Anyway I can forward those saves to you if you want.

Regards

Post #: 11
RE: Version 3.06 under way - 7/13/2019 9:34:30 PM   
Tejszd

Thank you for working on another update Frank!

(in reply to Biondo)
Post #: 12
RE: Version 3.06 under way - 7/14/2019 6:06:27 AM   
FrankHunter

Ah, that would explain it. But I'll play a couple of PBEM games and see if any units disappear. I believe one unit that was mentioned was the French engineer unit in 1805.

(in reply to Tejszd)
Post #: 13
RE: Version 3.06 under way - 7/14/2019 4:19:59 PM   
Rasputitsa

Just come back from a holiday in an internet free zone so just catching up and this is great news.

You have already covered some of the issues which came up in the AARs, but I am sure we can put together a list of the issues which came out of playing v3.05.

"In politics stupidity is not a handicap" - Napoleon

“A people which is able to say everything becomes able to do everything” - Napoleon

“Among those who dislike oppression are many who like to oppress" - Napoleon

Post #: 14
RE: Version 3.06 under way - 7/14/2019 8:05:51 PM   
FrankHunter

At the end of a PBEM game the French player could view the map without any hidden units and see the end screen but that was the end. I've changed that so that the End Orders button remains visible and once clicked it creates the final playback for the Coalition player so that he too now gets to see the final playback, the end screen and be able to view the map without hidden units. So the PBEM game now ends with both players seeing the final playback and end screen, not just the French.

(in reply to Rasputitsa)
Post #: 15
RE: Version 3.06 under way - 7/14/2019 8:18:24 PM   
Rasputitsa

Thanks Frank, do you feel able to give a rough timescale for the v3.06 issue, so we know how much time we have to provide input ?

You seem to be making progress and the holiday/vacation season is upon us, with family commitments beginning have an effect.

“A people which is able to say everything becomes able to do everything” - Napoleon

Post #: 16
RE: Version 3.06 under way - 7/14/2019 8:26:53 PM   
Rasputitsa

For v3.06 - When the Map and Counter mods are installed obviously you get the new map and unit icons, but the battle screens still show the original stock units icons, where are they coming from and can the mod units icons be added to the battle screens ?

(in reply to Rasputitsa)
Post #: 17
RE: Version 3.06 under way - 7/14/2019 8:36:42 PM   
FrankHunter

Biondo, " if it's possible to have the last position date/hour of a unit when you hover the mouse over it (I think it could be very useful in full fog of war games)"

I've added a version of that request. When you bring up the corps status display there is now a line showing when the report containing that status was sent. It will be right under the "To the guns" button and say something like "Status time : 1400 Oct 3".

(in reply to Rasputitsa)
Post #: 18
RE: Version 3.06 under way - 7/14/2019 8:40:07 PM   
FrankHunter

Rasputitsa, I believe the unit symbols for battles might be hard-coded, I can fix that.

Post #: 19
RE: Version 3.06 under way - 7/14/2019 9:13:02 PM   
pzgndr

quote:

ORIGINAL: Rasputitsa
For v3.06 - When the Map and Counter mods are installed

I assume you sent ChemKid's mods to Frank. It would be nice to just have all those included with the next update with a selection option in the game. It's been like pulling teeth to get those mods to players ever since the original hosting site went down or whatever. I use them.

With the supply fixes, it will very interesting to see how the game plays.

(in reply to Rasputitsa)
Post #: 20
RE: Version 3.06 under way - 7/14/2019 9:23:31 PM   
Rasputitsa

quote:

ORIGINAL: pzgndr

quote:

For v3.06 - When the Map and Counter mods are installed

I assume you sent ChemKid's mods to Frank. It would be nice to just have all those included with the next update with a selection option in the game. It's been like pulling teeth to get those mods to players ever since the original hosting site went down or whatever. I use them.

With the supply fixes, it will very interesting to see how the game plays.

I have sent copies of the CotD mods to Frank and I am sending out copies to anyone who needs them, just send me an email address so that I can reply with links to the folders.

I had hoped that Matrix would host the files in the Members Area, but nothing came of it.

CHEMKID has left the forum and his email is now inactive, so I have no way of contacting him and I'm not sure what the position would be of using his graphics in the published game, rather than a self install private mod.

(in reply to pzgndr)
Post #: 21
RE: Version 3.06 under way - 7/14/2019 9:25:52 PM   
Rasputitsa

quote:

ORIGINAL: FrankHunter

Rasputitsa, I believe the unit symbols for battles might be hard-coded, I can fix that.

Thanks, that would be a great advantage.

Post #: 22
RE: Version 3.06 under way - 7/15/2019 9:28:33 AM   
Rasputitsa

Can I suggest a change of wording in the 'Supply System' control panel text, which at first I found awkward.

Image contains suggested text :

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by Rasputitsa -- 7/15/2019 9:40:26 AM >

(in reply to Rasputitsa)
Post #: 23
RE: Version 3.06 under way - 7/15/2019 9:54:31 AM   
Rasputitsa

I've redone Reports so that they are no longer deleted after they are read unless you explicitly do so. Also, all the popups such as "Hospital setting up in Linz" etc in Full Fog games have been moved to Reports that arrive by messenger. So no more instant information in Full Fog games except for knowing the weather.

Thanks for keeping 'Reports' available to refer to, but can something also be done about the 'Battle Completed' battle screen data, as the progress of the battle gives a lot of information about what has happened to enemy units and what factors were applied to the battle.

Can the text in the box be saved somewhere, so that it can be refereed to after turn resolution is over, as with FOW settings this is the only time you can assess the condition of enemy units and the losses they may have suffered.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by Rasputitsa -- 7/15/2019 2:27:53 PM >

Post #: 24
RE: Version 3.06 under way - 7/15/2019 10:20:23 AM   
Rasputitsa

This came up during a game :

All it seems to mean is that this corps commander, KIENMAYER in this case, has no divisions left under command, at least that is what I think it means.

However, it is not in the normal message format and not too informative in this panel style. It looks more like a system message than game information.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by Rasputitsa -- 7/15/2019 11:40:08 AM >

(in reply to Rasputitsa)
Post #: 25
RE: Version 3.06 under way - 7/15/2019 10:54:44 AM   
Rasputitsa

quote:

If the Pop-Ups are still going to be active in 'Hidden Enemy', or no FOW selections, can the Pop-Up panels be made to mouse-slide, or the map remain movable, so that the map can be reviewed while the Pop-Up is on-screen. Can turn resolution be continued whilst the the Pop-Ups are stored to one side to be refereed to later and progressively cancelled as the player regains control to start the next turn.

Either way, it would be good to have a text archive of previous messages in all FOW settings, if possible, so that the player could review what has happened during turn resolution and during previous turns.

The '????? has received new orders' message would not have to be saved, just the action messages.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by Rasputitsa -- 7/15/2019 11:03:05 AM >

Post #: 26
RE: Version 3.06 under way - 7/15/2019 11:06:30 AM   
Rasputitsa

The game only seems to be using the WeatherRainBackg.bmp file, as a message background, regardless of the weather. I don't think I have ever seen it use the other background images.

Here the weather is clear, but WeatherRainBackg.bmp is used.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by Rasputitsa -- 7/15/2019 2:53:10 PM >

(in reply to Rasputitsa)
Post #: 27
RE: Version 3.06 under way - 7/15/2019 11:15:37 AM   
berto

quote:

CHEMKID has left the forum and his email is now inactive, so I have no way of contacting him and I'm not sure what the position would be of using his graphics in the published game, rather than a self install private mod.

A sensible and right proper view of things. But without that mod (or some other suitable substitute), I would not play this game with the, TBH, atrociously poor default graphics. Sorry to have to say it.

Campaign Series Legion https://cslegion.com/
Campaign Series Lead Coder https://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tt.asp?forumid=1515
Panzer Campaigns, Panzer Battles, Civil War Battles Lead Coder https://wargameds.com

(in reply to Rasputitsa)
Post #: 28
RE: Version 3.06 under way - 7/15/2019 11:51:32 AM   
Rasputitsa

quote:

ORIGINAL: berto

quote:

A sensible and right proper view of things. But without that mod (or some other suitable substitute), I would not play this game with the, TBH, atrociously poor default graphics. Sorry to have to say it.

CHEMKID was happy to post his mods on the forum and pleased that they would be of value to players, so they are still available as a self install improvement, not ideal, but I would hope that there is talent on the forum who could produce a similar map, now that CHEMKID has shown the way and the style which is appropriate.

We will certainly need such skills if Frank produces a new campaign with a different map area. Here's hoping.

(in reply to berto)
Post #: 29
RE: Version 3.06 under way - 7/15/2019 11:53:44 AM   
Rasputitsa

When there has been a battle in a hex then the hex is highlighted by the cursor, but whilst the cursor is in place the hex can be frozen during the following turn and you cannot select any of the units in that hex.

The fix is to save the game, close down and game and restart with that game save, the cursor is gone and the hex and any stacked units can be selected again.

Playing another turn later in the game and now the cursor is highlighting another battle, but has not caused the freeze, I can select and shuffle the units in the stack. I don't know why this is a transitory feature.

Not a big problem, but messy.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by Rasputitsa -- 7/15/2019 2:23:52 PM >

(in reply to Rasputitsa)
Post #: 30
Page:   [1] 2 3 4 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Napoleonics] >> Campaigns on the Danube 1805 - 1809 >> Version 3.06 under way Page: [1] 2 3 4 5   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI