Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Back to this great sim - Why can't my fighters fire now on BVR?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> Back to this great sim - Why can't my fighters fire now on BVR? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Back to this great sim - Why can't my fighters fire now... - 7/25/2019 5:13:02 AM   
TMP95

I use to find if I had an E3 surveillance plan in the air -I could vector my fighters to enemy direction and fire off AIM-120s (no radars turned on my fighters). Just my E3/E/2 hawkyees

Now I get the continuous message "firing unit must obtain from itself or another CEC enabled platform) a high quality track on the target".

What exactly is happening. Is my Surveillance plane not able to track enemy aircraft as easily with new updates?

Thanks
Post #: 1
RE: Back to this great sim - Why can't my fighters fire... - 7/25/2019 5:34:57 AM   
lowchi

http://www.warfaresims.com/?p=4884

(in reply to TMP95)
Post #: 2
RE: Back to this great sim - Why can't my fighters fire... - 7/25/2019 6:00:28 AM   
guanotwozero

Here's my reckoning:

According to the database, AIM-120s have terminal active guidance, which means they need external guidance (via datalink) prior to that.

While the Hawkeyes can inform the launching plane where the enemies are, they're not geared up for locking a target and transmitting required guidance data to the missile. Targetting radar is much more precise than the search radar on board the Hawkeye, and the datalink is proprietary and only fitted to launching aircraft.

So it's radar on for Slammer launches.

(in reply to TMP95)
Post #: 3
RE: Back to this great sim - Why can't my fighters fire... - 7/25/2019 6:01:11 AM   
Dysta

The update limited the A2A’s fire control, so the AAM itself must be acquired the target data from the host aircraft's FCR, before launching and the mid-course guidance by CEC.

E.G: if E-2 sees J-20 but F-22 does not, then F-22 still can’t fire because the missile don’t have FCR target data. The F-22 must use it’s radar to acquire J-20 so the AAM can be launched and correct course by E-2’s CEC.

This is why EOTS is a good stuff, any stealth fighter that has EOTS can use it to acquire targets without expose themselves with radar.

EDIT: crap, ninja’d.

< Message edited by Dysta -- 7/25/2019 6:13:10 AM >

(in reply to lowchi)
Post #: 4
RE: Back to this great sim - Why can't my fighters fire... - 7/25/2019 4:35:25 PM   
Primarchx

You need the proper sensors and data links to do a nose-cold AHM launch. Like in reality (unless you're doing an active-off-the-rails shot).

(in reply to Dysta)
Post #: 5
RE: Back to this great sim - Why can't my fighters fire... - 8/1/2019 6:05:14 AM   
TMP95

Thanks for info!

Does the firing aircraft have to keep his radar active for most of the flight? Or can he turn on, lock up, launch and then turn off?

(in reply to Primarchx)
Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> Back to this great sim - Why can't my fighters fire now on BVR? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI