Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Can you supply PM from Buna?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Uncommon Valor - Campaign for the South Pacific >> The War Room >> Can you supply PM from Buna? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Can you supply PM from Buna? - 6/30/2003 11:31:44 PM   
estaban

I haven't really been able to do this, but I am not sure I have "tried" correctly. Some other people have posted in the past that they are able to do this, land supplies at Buna, and then have them moved overland to PM.

Has anyone done this before? And how do you do it? Do you have to land a pile of supplies at Buna, while letting PM's stockpile run down?
Post #: 1
- 7/1/2003 12:05:24 AM   
Drex

Any base that has an open supply line will receive a minimum anount of supply from adjacent bases in supply (this is done by the AI). I think PM is the same way. I'm not sure but then I never let PM get that low. You can fly in supply too or fast transport it from Buna or G-G. I know you can march an army over Owen Staley Mts to invade PM and the force is always in supply.

(in reply to estaban)
Post #: 2
- 7/1/2003 1:03:08 AM   
Full Moon

I always supply PM via Buna. The secret is that you need to stackpile enough supplies at Buna at least a week before the invasion of PM. Stockpile at least 15000-20000 supplies and wait about a week. And then send invasion troops to PM via sea. Usually the invasion troops get supplied as soon as they get ashore. If not, they may need to wait 1-2 days to find supplies.

"War is a series of catastrophes that results in a victory."
Georges Clemenceau

(in reply to estaban)
Post #: 3
- 7/1/2003 3:40:55 AM   
estaban

So it's not PM you are supplying, it is the invasion of PM.

I was wondering if you can supply PM from Buna AFTER you take the base.

(in reply to estaban)
Post #: 4
- 7/1/2003 3:45:25 AM   
Full Moon

Yes, you can. I usually keep 20000-30000 troops in PM and I only supply Buna. Troops in PM get automatically supplied via Buna. But you need to stockpile enough supplies in Buna. Enough supplies for both of Buna and PM.

"War is a series of catastrophes that results in a victory."
Georges Clemenceau

(in reply to estaban)
Post #: 5
- 7/1/2003 3:56:35 AM   
estaban

Thanks for the response!

Really? My last PBEM game, I went way overboard on supply ships :) and I was running constant convoys to PM and Buna.

Of course, most of the supplies at PM got bombed away, but even so, it was not uncommon to see 40K supplies there. I don't think PM was ever below about 10K supplies. Buna had even more supplies, over 100K at times.

Even with all that, I never saw supplies transfer from Buna to PM.

Is there some trick to it? Do you only see PM taking supplies from Buna when it drops below a certain ratio of supplies needed to supplies present?

(in reply to estaban)
Post #: 6
- 7/2/2003 9:17:53 PM   
dpazuk

I'm playing as the Allies in my current game and I am supplying Buna via PM. I have not sent one supply ship to Buna and it is in constant supply.

My inland bases in NG, btw, are also supplied via PM as well. The trick, as it has already been mentioned, is to stockpile enough supplies so the 'trickle down' effect takes place.

Blah Blah Blah

(in reply to estaban)
Post #: 7
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Uncommon Valor - Campaign for the South Pacific >> The War Room >> Can you supply PM from Buna? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI