Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Urban & dense urban in same hex?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> The Operational Art of War IV >> Mods and Scenarios >> Urban & dense urban in same hex? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Urban & dense urban in same hex? - 8/8/2019 3:50:37 PM   
Xenomorph

Hello!

In the editor I noticed you can place *both* urban and dense urban terrain in the same hex. It doesn’t show a change to the characteristics of the hex (dense urban = 30% entrenchment regardless of whether regular “urban” is in the hex or not). I’m wondering if having both together adds some other characteristics to the hex not immediately apparent. Thanks!
Post #: 1
RE: Urban & dense urban in same hex? - 8/8/2019 5:38:50 PM   
Lobster

quote:

ORIGINAL: Xenomorph

Hello!

In the editor I noticed you can place *both* urban and dense urban terrain in the same hex. It doesn’t show a change to the characteristics of the hex (dense urban = 30% entrenchment regardless of whether regular “urban” is in the hex or not). I’m wondering if having both together adds some other characteristics to the hex not immediately apparent. Thanks!

IMO it just looks better when you have urban and dense urban together. They 'blend'. Same with light woods and forest. Otherwise you get strips of stuff unless you go to the trouble of clicking on countless hex sides.

http://www.operationbarbarossa.net/

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity and I’m not sure about the universe-Einstein

Q: What do you call a boomerang that doesn’t come back?
A: A stick.

(in reply to Xenomorph)
Post #: 2
RE: Urban & dense urban in same hex? - 8/12/2019 4:55:25 AM   
Xenomorph

Agree! Just wanted to make sure it wouldn't alter anything gameplay wise. Thx for replying!

(in reply to Lobster)
Post #: 3
RE: Urban & dense urban in same hex? - 12/30/2020 4:21:20 AM   
governato

how does the game decide what terrain type to use? I have also seen badlands+swaps superimposed in some excellent scenarios, so it must work somehow.

I agree on the better look coming from superimposing them

(in reply to Lobster)
Post #: 4
RE: Urban & dense urban in same hex? - 12/30/2020 11:02:50 AM   
Lobster

The terrain that applies the most advantages is supposed to be the one that is used. If you have multiple terrains in a hex the effects are not supposed to stack.

There is a bug when light woods and forest are in the same hex. A mouse over displays only light woods even though forest is in the hex. However, when you mouse over the tool tip shows benefits for forest are applied.

< Message edited by Lobster -- 12/30/2020 11:05:57 AM >

http://www.operationbarbarossa.net/

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity and I’m not sure about the universe-Einstein

Q: What do you call a boomerang that doesn’t come back?
A: A stick.

(in reply to governato)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> The Operational Art of War IV >> Mods and Scenarios >> Urban & dense urban in same hex? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI