Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: mrdozer2379 vs operating (active match)

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War I] >> Commander - The Great War >> After Action Reports >> RE: mrdozer2379 vs operating (active match) Page: <<   < prev  13 14 15 16 [17]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: mrdozer2379 vs operating (active match) - 8/4/2019 3:39:26 PM   
operating

Turn 100

ON FRENCH SOIL EVENT:

This event really confounds me? The French and USA have been at war (on & off) for a number of turns. The French have no land mass that is flying it's colors, yet the above event pops up!!!! Also noticed the event did not pop-up till after some CP units had moved. If I am not mistaken: The above event credits the English with +5 NM. You'll see a light blue line going from Tangier over to a unseen eastern border, which is now American territory. Meaning the USA had captured Casablanca from the French, yet I can see no USA unit in Casablanca for the last 2 turns????, or perhaps the mini-map is not doing it's job??? In a few turns there will be fully detailed SS maps again for the remainder of this match (roughly 106 unedited SSs remaining).

Again with a magnifying glass can see a green dot by Malta, however it appears to have changed location slightly. Have 2 AH subs reconnoitering Gibraltar and more importantly taking up space where enemy units could deploy. It looks like CP ground units are putting pressure on American units protecting Oran. Oran is important to CP for repairs and upgrades depending on what faction captures it.

CP is making a second attempt to capture Scapa Flow, now that Scapa Flow is within range of zeppelins stationed in Norway. Capturing this island will give the CP navy a great port for repair and observation. Many units are still in route from the Mid-east to this theater.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by operating -- 8/4/2019 4:21:28 PM >

(in reply to operating)
Post #: 481
RE: mrdozer2379 vs operating (active match) - 8/4/2019 4:48:48 PM   
operating

Turn 101

Stats:

Notice in the queue that German heavy bombers are ready to be deployed for the first time. When the Great Invasion starts I'd like to have every tool available with it's particular purpose ready to attack. Also take notice that Italy's NM has been stagnant for quite some time, while Norway's and OE's NM is going up.

In North Africa CP has been repositioning airships to strike at Gibraltar, somehow the Americans have hung onto Oran, I doubt for much longer. CP may have captured Casablanca, don't know for sure..? In observing Gibraltar: noticed the garrison there does not have the AA tech (very important).

No word on how the Scapa Flow activity is going, you can bet the garrison there is taking a naval pounding.!

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by operating -- 8/4/2019 5:08:02 PM >

(in reply to operating)
Post #: 482
RE: mrdozer2379 vs operating (active match) - 8/5/2019 9:19:45 AM   
operating

Turn 103

Stats:

The first of the South Atlantic merchant convoys has resumed (another convoy is up in the Baltic).

On the mini-map there seems to appear a smidgen of green colored dot by Oran, I'm hard pressed to believe the Americans are alive there. There's also a green dot over by Mareth (could be English sub fleet). Circled locations in Egypt and Kuwait that will remain garrisoned for the remainder of the match. I'm of the belief that an invasion attempt is happening on Gibraltar this turn. Scapa Flow is getting a lot of CP attention, The English are stubbornly hanging on to the island. Only 15 turns left in Match..

Take note that OE has increased RR and transport points as well as Bulgaria has increased transport point.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by operating -- 8/5/2019 9:46:08 AM >

(in reply to operating)
Post #: 483
RE: mrdozer2379 vs operating (active match) - 8/5/2019 12:33:15 PM   
operating

Turn 104

Stats:

OK, you won't see much here cause: For some reason I started doing full detailed SS again following this post. A little background: Mrdozer and I chatted (we did so often) he let me know he can't do what he'd like to because of lack of funds, not saying he is broke (meaning he can't get the high end stuff as easily as before) and is having difficulty managing the match (my whole idea has been to slowly strangle his economy) he admits his cause is futile, however he does not throw in the towel and quits, He's fighting on till the end. He sounded somewhat frustrated on what he could do with the USA, it being so far away (in sending units) and not all that great of an economy. It's rare to get this far into a MP match and a new experience for him, which he definitely liked in spite of being on the losing end. He knows I have been refusing English surrender offers, in a way I think he appreciates it, it's whole new experience in defending England. It takes 2 to make it happen.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by operating -- 8/5/2019 1:08:42 PM >

(in reply to operating)
Post #: 484
RE: mrdozer2379 vs operating (active match) - 8/5/2019 1:28:53 PM   
operating

Turn 104

Gibraltar/North Africa:

This is a before movement SS, hopefully there is an after SS. AH dreadnaught and pre-dreadnaught have the task of bombarding Gibraltar, these fleets have a buffer of submarine fleets to shield them from anticipated Entente sub attacks, also the buffer allows them to escape if need so (a wolf-pack of 5 Entente sub fleets could possibly trap the AH battlefleet). CP fighters are trying to get within range of Gibraltar. The 2 English sub fleets (east of Algiers) continue to make a nuisance of themselves and are getting closer to a port where they can repair and upgrade. I do not think Mrdozer knows I have formed a blockade (3 fleets deep is best) by Oran in an attempt to prevent the English subs from getting to Gibraltar before (if and when) Gibraltar falls. What's deadly to the English subs is the large airship grouping (in orange circle), they are also damaging to the Gibraltar garrison. Many CP units are fatigued from the trek getting here and combat. Casablanca is ready to do repairs. Securing Casablanca and Gibraltar extends a 30 hex radius friendly water hex zone which maintains fleet morale, at the same time decreases any Entente fleet morale in the area. The importance of this will show later..

Take note that Italian and AH PP is accumulating to buy more transports. Germany's ammo stockpile is starting to drop due to all the bombardments and bombing runs.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by operating -- 8/5/2019 2:10:13 PM >

(in reply to operating)
Post #: 485
RE: mrdozer2379 vs operating (active match) - 8/5/2019 5:30:26 PM   
operating

Turn 104

Gibraltar/North Africa:

After SS: Gibraltar garrison's morale is"0" from being bombarded and bombed, soon CP transports will arrive there. One English sub fleet had it's morale and strength knocked down by airships then eliminated as a result of naval attacks, the other English sub fleet lost 3 out of 5 strengths from air attacks and AH submarine fleet attack. CP units have boarded transports and are moving west to the Atlantic coast. Once these enemy units are eliminated, most, if not all CP units here will head for France/England.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by operating -- 8/5/2019 5:40:41 PM >

(in reply to operating)
Post #: 486
RE: mrdozer2379 vs operating (active match) - 8/5/2019 7:01:39 PM   
operating

Turn 104

Scapa Flow:

Before movement SS. At least for now you'll have something to compare to an after movement SS. What cities were targeted and where transports were located.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by operating -- 8/6/2019 6:16:45 AM >

(in reply to operating)
Post #: 487
RE: mrdozer2379 vs operating (active match) - 8/6/2019 6:47:44 AM   
operating

Turn 104

Scapa Flow:

After SS: First the Scapa Flow garrison was bombarded by a dreadnaught and 3 cruisers, second it was bombed by the 3 zeppelins in Norway, although I showed one zeppelin attacking a English sub fleet, that attack originated else-where. Then the German transport attempted a landing onto Scapa Flow (which failed), in the end the English garrison lost 5 strength (it can only regain 2 on opponent's turn). Aberdeen was bombarded by one cruiser (possibly two). There was a 4 strength English sub fleet (with admiral) in the red circle. I'm fairly sure that sub was bombed by zeppelins on the mainland then sunk by German sub fleet and or German cruiser, or both. Did not land the CP transport adjacent to Aberdeen.

Ireland is being scouted (by submarines) for unoccupied cities and to spot enemy units.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by operating -- 8/6/2019 7:11:15 AM >

(in reply to operating)
Post #: 488
RE: mrdozer2379 vs operating (active match) - 8/6/2019 12:46:09 PM   
operating

Turn 104

Prep for Great Invasion:

Before movement SS: Compare the ammo stockpile from this SS to the next SS. Brest is a good launching port for transports. The air-war has pushed English air-defense further back into FOW.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by operating -- 8/6/2019 12:55:04 PM >

(in reply to operating)
Post #: 489
RE: mrdozer2379 vs operating (active match) - 8/6/2019 4:40:01 PM   
operating

Turn 104

Prep for Great Invasion:

After movement SS: SS such as this is more about feeling out the enemy and looking for weaknesses to exploit. Such as finding that Dublin and Belfast is not occupied, no one in Birmingham and suppressing defenders at London and Portsmouth, also keeping an eye on Norwich. You'll see a number of units that appear to be in repair, those same units got the upgrade circle also, regardless of if they needed it or not. 2 new units deployed: A bomber at Metz and a fighter at Dortmund. Funny no stats SS this turn.. Germany is using up it's ammo stockpile rather quickly and will have to ration the use of ammo in later turns. You see troop transports going around the southern point of England, they are destined for Ireland. 2 other transports are being loaded at Brest and Nantes. Have to keep multiple factions near these ports for often certain factions run out of transport points, plus there's always the chance an enemy transport could arrive to attempt a port capture. You'll observe that French channel hexes are crammed with various aircraft, making it difficult to launch transports, thus ground unit movement towards Brest, ect., or towards the north.

Air-attacks: London is getting more air attack attention, first to keep the AT there in low morale, secondly bombing runs to drop London's PP, third it might force the English to come out of hiding to prevent London's (Lord forbid) capture. My feeling is: That Mrdozer is keeping units in the queue beyond initial deployment eligibility (use as needed). Amsterdam and northern Germany zeppelins I believe attacked the English sub fleet up by Aberdeen, another zeppelin bombed Norwich. Fighters on the coast take turns strafing London (lowers English morale).

In reality, CP does not have a lot of quality invasion troops here and the ones CP does have are from earlier in the match before MP drops, so I tend to not waste them needlessly.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by operating -- 8/6/2019 5:29:29 PM >

(in reply to operating)
Post #: 490
RE: mrdozer2379 vs operating (active match) - 8/6/2019 8:47:32 PM   
operating

Turn 105

Stats:

Merchant fleet displayed in the information panel spawns up by Trondheim. This may have been mentioned before; Each fully loaded merchant fleet that reaches home port increases that faction's MP by 2 or by 2 and one-half can't remember which. Notice the factions who have high accumulated PP they are looking to buy transport points. The Norwegian garrison in the queue will deploy in Kristiana formally occupied by a German garrison (the one in troop transport at Kristiana port).

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by operating -- 8/6/2019 8:57:37 PM >

(in reply to operating)
Post #: 491
RE: mrdozer2379 vs operating (active match) - 8/6/2019 9:28:26 PM   
operating

Turn 105

Gibraltar/North Africa:

The 2 strength English sub fleet was sunk by repeated CP airship attacks, allowing CP fleets unimpeded movement towards Western Mediterranean. AH capital fleets including submarine fleet sailed for the English Channel from Gibraltar. CP fighters moved into position to strike Gibraltar and scan with their LOS. AH and Bulgarian transports lined up at Gibraltar in anticipation of contested landings. CP Airship bombing runs on the English garrison drops it's morale. Kept up the Oran blockade just in case there are other Entente sub fleets looking to be a nuisance. There were other minor movements here, as well as 2 transports being loaded..

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by operating -- 8/6/2019 11:04:39 PM >

(in reply to operating)
Post #: 492
RE: mrdozer2379 vs operating (active match) - 8/7/2019 10:45:11 AM   
operating

Turn 105

Scapa Flow:

Captured Scapa Flow this turn. First zeppelins bombed the garrison then naval bombardments reduced the garrison's strength, as well as totally demoralizing the defenders, last sent in the infantry the landing killed off the defenders and captured the island, after this was accomplished the infantry was able to repair and upgraded if/as needed. Another small victory for CP, I believe resulted in a -5NM to the English.. The Germans were able to immediately sail to this port a sub fleet that needed repair. Scapa Flow will now serve as a jumping off point to attack the west side of England...

Next landed an infantry near Aberdeen supported by fleets of cruisers. Oh! Forgot one detail about Scapa Flow: Sent CP subs (before final assault) to completely surround the island not allowing the English sub fleet in port to escape, that sub fleet was eliminated from the map. The 5 strength sub fleet a few hexes south of Norway actually sailed to Amsterdam's port for repairs and the transport at Kristiana headed for England. Ireland remains spotted, more on that later.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by operating -- 8/7/2019 11:17:47 AM >

(in reply to operating)
Post #: 493
RE: mrdozer2379 vs operating (active match) - 8/8/2019 1:12:53 AM   
operating

Turn 105

Prep for Great Invasion:

The next objective for the Great Invasion is capturing Ireland. Southern England looks to be ripe for invasion, but I have my doubts if it is safe enough to try right now. I'm concerned the FOW is concealing a vast number of tank armies in England, yet I have no proof it exists, CP needs to gather more intelligence before attempting a beachhead. Ya! OK! There's a beachhead up by Aberdeen, it also leads to a narrow terrain the English could easily defend (with those phantom tanks I talk about) and reinforce from London. I'm also running out of time to invade the Americas. What to do? During replay a number of English fighters shoot down my aircraft attacking Leeds, Cardiff and Birmingham (then they go dark). CP bombers have a limited range and suffer badly when counter-attacked by fighters. I'd certainly would hate to put a wave of units in Southern England at half supply only to be slaughtered. That's why I'm picking the fights on the parameter of England to spread out his forces, although time consuming.

Most of what you see in this SS does no real damage beyond England losing some PP and CP losing some aircraft. other than that is unit movement.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by operating -- 8/8/2019 3:16:22 AM >

(in reply to operating)
Post #: 494
RE: mrdozer2379 vs operating (active match) - 8/8/2019 8:11:30 AM   
operating

Turn 105

Ireland:

CP transports on the way to Ireland spot something on their movement radar (likely a English merchant fleet). Since the transports cannot conduct naval attacks continued on Mission to capture Ireland. CP submarines do not have enough movement points to challenge the unidentified fleet.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by operating -- 8/8/2019 8:21:04 AM >

(in reply to operating)
Post #: 495
RE: mrdozer2379 vs operating (active match) - 8/8/2019 8:55:25 AM   
operating

Turn 106

Gibraltar/North Africa:

Before movement SS: Targeted this turn will be the English merchant fleet and Gibraltar, followed by movement. Take note of PP and ammo stockpile.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by operating -- 8/8/2019 9:00:03 AM >

(in reply to operating)
Post #: 496
RE: mrdozer2379 vs operating (active match) - 8/8/2019 6:32:26 PM   
operating

Turn 106

Gibraltar/North Africa:

The Gibraltar objective was accomplished first. Italian and German fighters struck making silly putty out of the English garrison, then 4 zeppelins crushed the defenders into a liquid sticky goo, followed by a Bulgarian amphibious assault that failed, however reduced the defenders strength numbers, finally an AH garrison amphibious assault annihilated the English and captured the fortress (the Mediterranean has been swept clean of the enemy). The port opened up for AH sub fleet upgrades and repair immediately. same for winning garrison.

Next came the sinking of an English merchant fleet west of Lisbon. 3 (much improved) CP sub fleets vaporized the merchant fleet, making the broken English economy bleed all that much more. CP has to get serious, the game clock is running out. With that mission accomplished prepared to send the Italian air-force here to Sardinia and supported by German cruisers (intend to have arrive at the back door to France. Other fleets and transports will head to the west coast of France, or go directly to a front. There's plenty of movement on the map, hope you can follow it..

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by operating -- 8/8/2019 7:01:30 PM >

(in reply to operating)
Post #: 497
RE: mrdozer2379 vs operating (active match) - 8/8/2019 8:31:36 PM   
operating

Turn 106

Steaming north:

AH capital fleets race to link up for the Great Invasion as the German merchant fleet plugs along on it's ai journey.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by operating -- 8/8/2019 8:36:04 PM >

(in reply to operating)
Post #: 498
RE: mrdozer2379 vs operating (active match) - 8/8/2019 8:49:32 PM   
operating

Turn 106

Aberdeen/Scapa Flow:

Before movement SS: Targets this turn will be Aberdeen and Belfast in this SS (others later). English merchant fleet arrives at Belfast port.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by operating -- 8/8/2019 8:53:51 PM >

(in reply to operating)
Post #: 499
RE: mrdozer2379 vs operating (active match) - 8/8/2019 11:12:12 PM   
operating

Turn 106

Aberdeen/Scapa Flow:

Aberdeen captured: It looks like Mrdozer RR the London infantry with general to support the class III AT to outside Aberdeen on his turn. This got me to thinking his armies are not as many as I had thought (did I over-estimate his disposition?). Regardless, pressed the attack on Aberdeen, first shelled the hapless AT with naval assets, second bombed from Norway with zeppelins, third attached General Hindenburg to local infantry, then moved in for the assault on Aberdeen forcing the hapless AT to retreat, in doing so captured the city and prevented the English from placing direct reinforcements there, surprisingly with no losses to my infantry. Next sent a dreadnaught to bombard the English infantry mainly to depress it's morale. CP disembarked the Scapa Flow infantry, which had a protective sub screen. Yes, I'm concerned about enemy sub fleets, even though their presence has not been detected. Next sailed a garrison in transport to near Aberdeen (this garrison has 3 possible landing sights) and covered it's rear with a sub fleet, then sent another sub fleet to survey Newcastle (reporting no defenders there, nor for the 2 hexes north of there) (Where the hell is his army(s)?) Dispatched a cruiser from Aberdeen to scout and bombard Norwich, no army there either (will show this in another 106 SS).

Belfast: Sailed 2 cruisers to take up positions around Belfast's port, joined by a CP sub fleet to prevent any English fleets from deploying there. Checked the attack odds on going after the merchant fleet, they were not good, so held my fire there. Hopefully another SS shows airship attacks on Belfast city, after-which tried an amphibious assault with German transport that failed to dislodge the English airship, however the airship did receive significant damage. Also, bombed and tried an amphibious assault on Dublin, that failed too, but did a lot of damage to the English airship defending the capitol. Moved up additional transports to try double amphib assaults on these cities next turn.

Trondheim Merchant fleet appeared top right screen and a troop transport was loaded at Wilhelmshaven port. The Great Invasion has started, but is not in full swing yet.. Check out the ammo stockpile. Included commanders here to show they are detached and attached regularly.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by operating -- 8/9/2019 12:18:33 AM >

(in reply to operating)
Post #: 500
RE: mrdozer2379 vs operating (active match) - 8/9/2019 10:49:43 AM   
operating

Turn 106

Prep for Great Invasion:

Before movement SS: Some of what you see here was covered in the previous post #500. Felt you should get additional information to logistics. ect. before the screen get's cluttered with details. Places like Plymouth do not get much attention, for one because it can not be naval bombarded, secondly it can not be directly amphibious attacked, third the infantry there has a high AA defense making it very costly for aircraft to attack. CP is OK with just observing it. Also felt the reader should get a clear idea from where units move from to end up where later.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by operating -- 8/9/2019 11:17:24 AM >

(in reply to operating)
Post #: 501
RE: mrdozer2379 vs operating (active match) - 8/9/2019 5:26:56 PM   
operating

Turn 106

Brest/ Nantes:

All this SS does is shows what is around Brest and Nantes before movement...

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by operating -- 8/9/2019 5:28:45 PM >

(in reply to operating)
Post #: 502
RE: mrdozer2379 vs operating (active match) - 8/9/2019 7:32:52 PM   
operating

Turn 106

Prep for Great Invasion:

This after movement SS certainly displays the CP air armada at work.. It also shows the movement of troop transports, naval shore attacks, ground movement and units under repair and those upgrading. The next posting will reveal more that did not quite fit into this SS (after-all SS are limited zoomed in). Ireland was covered in the previous #500 post, plus a few other details. I'm still at a loss as to what Mrdozer has for an army? In the meantime CP is going to continue to chip away at the once mighty British Empire And keep my guard up for USA intrusions supporting the English. I'm a little surprised not seeing any yet..!!!

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by operating -- 8/9/2019 7:53:44 PM >

(in reply to operating)
Post #: 503
RE: mrdozer2379 vs operating (active match) - 8/10/2019 12:22:28 PM   
operating

Turn 106

Prep for Great Invasion:

This after SS is a slightly different view from the previous post. It was only to show the origin of attacks and movement. Take note of English infantry pictured in the information panel, it's readiness/morale is at 8 (could it be that England's MP has dropped?).

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by operating -- 8/10/2019 12:28:16 PM >

(in reply to operating)
Post #: 504
Page:   <<   < prev  13 14 15 16 [17]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War I] >> Commander - The Great War >> After Action Reports >> RE: mrdozer2379 vs operating (active match) Page: <<   < prev  13 14 15 16 [17]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI