Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

How to Rail Move Factories?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> World in Flames >> How to Rail Move Factories? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
How to Rail Move Factories? - 8/11/2019 7:51:10 PM   
Batmule

Hi there.
How do I select a factory for Rail Movement?
I have tried all I can think of, including trying to find it in Players Manual, but no luck!

It is probably quite simple, but I hope someone will tell me (the russians are begging….).

Sincerely,
Peter

Post #: 1
RE: How to Rail Move Factories? - 8/11/2019 8:46:47 PM   
PeteGarnett

Right click on factory hex I think.
There is then an option to rail the factory.

(in reply to Batmule)
Post #: 2
RE: How to Rail Move Factories? - 8/11/2019 11:32:16 PM   
Shannon V. OKeets

quote:

ORIGINAL: Batmule

Hi there.
How do I select a factory for Rail Movement?
I have tried all I can think of, including trying to find it in Players Manual, but no luck!

It is probably quite simple, but I hope someone will tell me (the russians are begging….).

Sincerely,
Peter

You can only do this if there is an enemy unit in supply in the USSR home country.
The Baltic States and Poland don't count.
Being in supply is also important. I sometimes run a Finn into Karelia and make sure he is out of supply so he doesn't enable the Russians to move their factories.
Bessarabia sometimes count - if the USSR has successfully claimed Bessarabia.

Steve

Perfection is an elusive goal.

(in reply to Batmule)
Post #: 3
RE: How to Rail Move Factories? - 8/13/2019 7:53:14 PM   
hazmaxed

quote:

ORIGINAL: Shannon V. OKeets
You can only do this if there is an enemy unit in supply in the USSR home country. The Baltic States and Poland don't count. Being in supply is also important. I sometimes run a Finn into Karelia and make sure he is out of supply so he doesn't enable the Russians to move their factories. Bessarabia sometimes count - if the USSR has successfully claimed Bessarabia.

This seems like an extremely gamey thing to have to do to prevent the USSR from being able to rail move factories, especially if this is being done while the USSR is only at war with Finland and/or other minor countries, and not at war with any major power.

I don't think Stalin would have ordered a mass movement of Russia's war production infrastructure to places east of the Urals just because some Finnish ski troops raided the forests of Northern Russia.

The panzers crossing the Polish/Russian border? "Time to pack up the tools and move east, comrade."

There is no overkill. There is only "open fire" and "reloading."

(in reply to Shannon V. OKeets)
Post #: 4
RE: How to Rail Move Factories? - 8/14/2019 2:42:28 AM   
warspite1

quote:

ORIGINAL: hazmaxed

quote:

ORIGINAL: Shannon V. OKeets
You can only do this if there is an enemy unit in supply in the USSR home country. The Baltic States and Poland don't count. Being in supply is also important. I sometimes run a Finn into Karelia and make sure he is out of supply so he doesn't enable the Russians to move their factories. Bessarabia sometimes count - if the USSR has successfully claimed Bessarabia.

This seems like an extremely gamey thing to have to do to prevent the USSR from being able to rail move factories, especially if this is being done while the USSR is only at war with Finland and/or other minor countries, and not at war with any major power.

I don't think Stalin would have ordered a mass movement of Russia's war production infrastructure to places east of the Urals just because some Finnish ski troops raided the forests of Northern Russia.

The panzers crossing the Polish/Russian border? "Time to pack up the tools and move east, comrade."
warspite1

I don't think the Winter War get's played that often, but I must confess I didn't even consider that the Soviets could move factories during one of the limited wars (in reality this operation only began in August 1941). Yes that seems a bit gamey but not sure it would happen too often in a game?

England expects that every man will do his duty. Horatio Nelson October 1805

(in reply to hazmaxed)
Post #: 5
RE: How to Rail Move Factories? - 8/16/2019 7:26:30 PM   
abbottav34

quote:

ORIGINAL: hazmaxed

The good news is that there's no need to worry about this gamey strategy! If the Soviets are only at war with the Finns and/or other minors, they are limited to one rail move per impulse. Railing factories costs two rail moves per factory, so the Soviets must be at war with at least one major power before they can rail factories.

-Alexander

(in reply to hazmaxed)
Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> World in Flames >> How to Rail Move Factories? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI