Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Missiles ..help Jammimg ... what effect

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> Missiles ..help Jammimg ... what effect Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Missiles ..help Jammimg ... what effect - 8/12/2019 7:50:43 AM   
Switzer

Hi All

Trying to get past the last air tutorial but no joy as i keep getting
my tomcats shot down .
Now what do you do if you see an enemy missile ..is there anything you
can do
Run away ..shoot a missile at it (tried that didnt work).
If there is a page on this please just point me at it .
Jamming ... doesnt seem to stop me knocking down migs but it must have
some effect .
I understand the best thing is to knock down the jammer but is there
something else i should be doing ?

Again if there is a page in the manual i havent read please tell]
and i will read it

Steve
Post #: 1
RE: Missiles ..help Jammimg ... what effect - 8/12/2019 10:52:26 AM   
DWReese

Steve,

There are several things about EW. You probably know that there are Offensive and Defensive jammers.

Defensive jammers occur on their own. You don't have to do anything. Their purpose to to keep THAT specific unit from being killed. These are usually decoys, flares, or jamming pods. They will work automatically without you doing anything.

Offensive jammers are located only on a few aircraft. They really very in ability. The US has two great platforms (EA-6 and the EA-18G) which are the best in the database. Other nations have similar units that do the same thing, but to a lesser degree of success. These jammers are generally powerful, and can "hide" the existence of other planes. Generally, you would place these either in front of, or (more commonly) behind the planes that you are trying to protect. The success rate could go from a position of not being able to detect the unit, to a position of knowing that a unit is out there but not being able to get an exact or precise fix on the target. From a distance, these work great. As the units get closer to their targets, the jamming no longer will work as well. At some point, depending on the jamming unit, the defenders will be able to locate the attackers and shoot at them. At that point, the offensive jammers no longer do too much.

It is important to note that modern jammers will work great against older SAMs or equipment, but will not be as successful against newer units.

So, in answer to your question, you have to figure out what kind of situation you are experiencing and apply the above statements. Is the SAM (plane) that you are trying to jam some new stuff? Is you jammer new? These can make a difference.

You might want to describe the situation with a little more detail to get a precise answer.

Good luck.

Doug

(in reply to Switzer)
Post #: 2
RE: Missiles ..help Jammimg ... what effect - 8/13/2019 10:42:06 PM   
BDukes

Look at log too. It tells story.

Bill

(in reply to DWReese)
Post #: 3
RE: Missiles ..help Jammimg ... what effect - 8/15/2019 8:39:27 PM   
SirAndrew

Hello Steve!
A good strategy to avoid enemy missiles is going low and turning away from them on afterburner, therefore lowering the Pk and maybe having them run out of fuel.
Try approaching the enemy planes with a stealth fighter or a plane with IRST (or use AEW and ELINT planes) to ID the enemy planes and then hit them with long range missiles.
Hope this helps!

(in reply to BDukes)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> Missiles ..help Jammimg ... what effect Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI