Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: Upgrade

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion >> RE: Upgrade Page: <<   < prev  1 [2] 3   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Upgrade - 8/14/2019 10:29:09 AM   
IainMcNeil

As mentioned above, the forums have not been upgraded, this is an entirely different job. It is the main site that has been improved. The Matrix forum is another massive upgrade job that needs to be done as soon as we get the time. Millions of posts and hundreds of thousand of accounts, files, image etc all need to be ported to a modern system. It so old there are going to be a pile of issues and we are not looking forwards to touching it but it needs to be done!

On cookies - the sites just don't work without cookies as they're an integral part of how you stay logged in and we can show you your games list etc. We don't have a version of the site that works without cookies.

Iain McNeil
Director
Matrix Games

(in reply to CGGrognard)
Post #: 31
RE: Upgrade - 8/14/2019 11:04:56 AM   
Yogi the Great

Does anybody else seem to be missing games you own on your my page? Set up is nice but it seems some games (recent even) may not have transferred over. Also I was getting an error message when I tried to download an update for Order of Battle.

(in reply to IainMcNeil)
Post #: 32
RE: Upgrade - 8/14/2019 12:21:34 PM   
IainMcNeil

Yes this is an issue of the data not synching properly. Is it a still an issue? Maybe you need to hit Ctrl F5 to refresh the page in case its cashing something. If its still there I'll need to chase up why it hasn't synched yet.

Iain McNeil
Director
Matrix Games

(in reply to Yogi the Great)
Post #: 33
RE: Upgrade - 8/14/2019 1:40:11 PM   
76mm

quote:

ORIGINAL: IainMcNeil
As mentioned above, the forums have not been upgraded, this is an entirely different job. It is the main site that has been improved. The Matrix forum is another massive upgrade job that needs to be done as soon as we get the time.

OK, thanks for the explanation. When you do get around to upgrading it, please please please provide an option to NOT get e-mail notifications for subscribed forums...or come up with a way other than "subscription" to easily track forums of interest.

(in reply to IainMcNeil)
Post #: 34
RE: Upgrade - 8/14/2019 1:50:32 PM   
Zovs

I am no longer seeing any 502 Bad Gateway issues anymore after clearing out my cache and killing my cookies.

But on My Page I only see 28 out of 49 Games (or DLC's) I have purchased. Is the sync still taking place? If not I'll create a ticket.

Beta Tester for:
Flashpoint Campaigns: Sudden Storm
War in the East 1 & 2
WarPlan & WarPlan Pacific
Valor & Victory
DG CWIE 2
SPWW2 & SPMBT scenario creator

(in reply to 76mm)
Post #: 35
RE: Upgrade - 8/14/2019 2:20:16 PM   
76mm

Now that I've looked at My Page (or whatever its called), I see that several of my games are missing (Desert War, Scourge of War, Mare Nostrom, a couple of FOG2 modules). For another (Heroes of Stalingrad) I have two duplicate entries, with the same SN. For yet another game (PCO), I have three separate entries, with different SNs; I don't think I bought three copies of that game, but it's been awhile, so not 100% sure...

This is rather frustrating...

< Message edited by 76mm -- 8/14/2019 2:25:06 PM >

(in reply to Zovs)
Post #: 36
RE: Upgrade - 8/14/2019 2:23:38 PM   
IainMcNeil

quote:

ORIGINAL: CaptBeefheart

Works in Chrome, but not in Blade. In Blade when I try to access matrixgames.com I get:

"400 Bad Request
Request Header Or Cookie Too Large
nginx/1.16.0"

Anyone have any ideas? I'm trying to wean myself from Chrome.

Cheers,
CB

This is fixed by deleting the cookies. Thanks!

Iain McNeil
Director
Matrix Games

(in reply to CaptBeefheart)
Post #: 37
RE: Upgrade - 8/14/2019 2:27:20 PM   
IainMcNeil

quote:

ORIGINAL: Zap

quote:

ORIGINAL: stormbringer3

I think that the cookie request should have a yes/no option.

Its annoying that you have to make an extra click almost every time to access Matrix. So I accept Matrix cookies but the next time I visit its asking again.

This will happen every time you clear the cookies. To fix you should probably clear cookies for all time, not just today, then don't do it again. All the issues you have are cookie related.

Iain McNeil
Director
Matrix Games

(in reply to Zap)
Post #: 38
RE: Upgrade - 8/14/2019 2:28:43 PM   
rico21

Hello Iain, if this can help(with Firefox)...

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by rico21 -- 8/14/2019 2:29:33 PM >

(in reply to IainMcNeil)
Post #: 39
RE: Upgrade - 8/14/2019 3:02:40 PM   
IainMcNeil

Thx Rico but what is that saying?

Iain McNeil
Director
Matrix Games

(in reply to rico21)
Post #: 40
RE: Upgrade - 8/14/2019 4:35:07 PM   
RFalvo69

quote:

ORIGINAL: rico21

Hello Iain, if this can help(with Firefox)...

Are you trying to activate an obsolete version of Adobe Flash on this site? An obsolete version may cause security risks and influence adversely the performance of your computer.

"Yes darling, I served in the Navy for eight years. I was a cook..."
"Oh dad... so you were a God-damned cook?"

(My 10 years old daughter after watching "The Hunt for Red October")

(in reply to rico21)
Post #: 41
RE: Upgrade - 8/14/2019 5:19:39 PM   
rico21

Thanks RFalvo69.
This means your site is using an old version of Adobe Flash , so it can create problems Iain.

< Message edited by rico21 -- 8/14/2019 5:20:18 PM >

(in reply to IainMcNeil)
Post #: 42
RE: Upgrade - 8/14/2019 5:19:58 PM   
Zap

I'm still getting this trying to access Slitherine. Is this also cookie related? I cleared out my cookie catch. Or I think I have. I used CCleaner.

(2/2) NotFoundHttpException
No website for host "slitherine.com"

in RequestListener.php line 70
at RequestListener->onKernelRequest(object(RequestEvent), 'kernel.request', object(TraceableEventDispatcher))
in WrappedListener.php line 126
at WrappedListener->__invoke(object(RequestEvent), 'kernel.request', object(TraceableEventDispatcher))
in EventDispatcher.php line 258
at EventDispatcher->doDispatch(array(object(WrappedListener), object(WrappedListener), object(WrappedListener), object(WrappedListener), object(WrappedListener), object(WrappedListener), object(WrappedListener), object(WrappedListener), object(WrappedListener), object(WrappedListener), object(WrappedListener)), 'kernel.request', object(RequestEvent))
in EventDispatcher.php line 233
at EventDispatcher->callListeners(array(object(WrappedListener), object(WrappedListener), object(WrappedListener), object(WrappedListener), object(WrappedListener), object(WrappedListener), object(WrappedListener), object(WrappedListener), object(WrappedListener), object(WrappedListener), object(WrappedListener)), 'kernel.request', object(RequestEvent))
in EventDispatcher.php line 73
at EventDispatcher->dispatch(object(RequestEvent), 'kernel.request')
in TraceableEventDispatcher.php line 168
at TraceableEventDispatcher->dispatch(object(RequestEvent), 'kernel.request')
in HttpKernel.php line 127
at HttpKernel->handleRaw(object(Request), 2)
in HttpKernel.php line 68
at HttpKernel->handle(object(Request), 2, false)
in ExceptionListener.php line 66
at ExceptionListener->onKernelException(object(ExceptionEvent), 'kernel.exception', object(TraceableEventDispatcher))
at WrappedListener->__invoke(object(ExceptionEvent), 'kernel.exception', object(TraceableEventDispatcher))
at EventDispatcher->doDispatch(array(object(WrappedListener), object(WrappedListener), object(WrappedListener), object(WrappedListener), object(WrappedListener), object(WrappedListener)), 'kernel.exception', object(ExceptionEvent))
at EventDispatcher->callListeners(array(object(WrappedListener), object(WrappedListener), object(WrappedListener), object(WrappedListener), object(WrappedListener), object(WrappedListener)), 'kernel.exception', object(ExceptionEvent))
at EventDispatcher->dispatch(object(ExceptionEvent), 'kernel.exception')
at TraceableEventDispatcher->dispatch(object(ExceptionEvent), 'kernel.exception')
in HttpKernel.php line 222
at HttpKernel->handleException(object(NotFoundHttpException), object(Request), 1)
in HttpKernel.php line 79
at HttpKernel->handle(object(Request), 1, true)
in Kernel.php line 198
at Kernel->handle(object(Request))
in index.php line 25
(1/2) NotFoundHttpException
No website for host "slitherine.com"

in RequestListener.php line 70
at RequestListener->onKernelRequest(object(RequestEvent), 'kernel.request', object(TraceableEventDispatcher))
at WrappedListener->__invoke(object(RequestEvent), 'kernel.request', object(TraceableEventDispatcher))
at EventDispatcher->doDispatch(array(object(WrappedListener), object(WrappedListener), object(WrappedListener), object(WrappedListener), object(WrappedListener), object(WrappedListener), object(WrappedListener), object(WrappedListener), object(WrappedListener), object(WrappedListener), object(WrappedListener)), 'kernel.request', object(RequestEvent))
at EventDispatcher->callListeners(array(object(WrappedListener), object(WrappedListener), object(WrappedListener), object(WrappedListener), object(WrappedListener), object(WrappedListener), object(WrappedListener), object(WrappedListener), object(WrappedListener), object(WrappedListener), object(WrappedListener)), 'kernel.request', object(RequestEvent))
at EventDispatcher->dispatch(object(RequestEvent), 'kernel.request')
at TraceableEventDispatcher->dispatch(object(RequestEvent), 'kernel.request')
in HttpKernel.php line 127
at HttpKernel->handleRaw(object(Request), 1)
in HttpKernel.php line 68
at HttpKernel->handle(object(Request), 1, true)
in Kernel.php line 198
at Kernel->handle(object(Request))
in index.php line 25

(in reply to IainMcNeil)
Post #: 43
RE: Upgrade - 8/14/2019 5:21:51 PM   
Kuokkanen

quote:

ORIGINAL: CGGrognard

Wait! Somewhere here I read that Matrix was offering cookies?

These cookies

You know what they say, don't you? About how us MechWarriors are the modern knights, how warfare has become civilized now that we have to abide by conventions and rules of war. Don't believe it.

MekWars

(in reply to CGGrognard)
Post #: 44
RE: Upgrade - 8/14/2019 8:39:14 PM   
CGGrognard

And I was thinking they were talking about these cookies!

Attachment (1)

"The supreme art of war is to subdue the enemy without fighting." - Sun Tzu

(in reply to Kuokkanen)
Post #: 45
RE: Upgrade - 8/14/2019 10:20:44 PM   
Yogi the Great

quote:

Yes this is an issue of the data not synching properly. Is it a still an issue? Maybe you need to hit Ctrl F5 to refresh the page in case its cashing something. If its still there I'll need to chase up why it hasn't synched yet.

Tried - games still missing

(in reply to IainMcNeil)
Post #: 46
RE: Upgrade - 8/15/2019 12:12:09 AM   
Zap

Found out how to resolve this. I had to do a google search for Slithrine . Once I got onto the site through the search I copied the link and replaced the link I had on my favorites bar,before the update. It appears the update somehow altered the link I had for Slitherine. This must be an isolated incident where the update effected the link. I use google chrome. All is well now.

(in reply to Zap)
Post #: 47
RE: Upgrade - 8/15/2019 10:14:55 AM   
IainMcNeil

The synch failed and we're trying to get it resolved. Its pretty annoying as we synched multiple times before release but as usual it fails on release day...

On the Cookies glad you're working Zap.

On the Flash issue, its odd that it appears for you and nobody else. I'll have to investigate.

Iain McNeil
Director
Matrix Games

(in reply to Zap)
Post #: 48
RE: Upgrade - 8/15/2019 12:33:18 PM   
76mm

quote:

The synch failed and we're trying to get it resolved. Its pretty annoying as we synched multiple times before release but as usual it fails on release day...

This sync issue is for games not appearing on My Page, correct? Any idea how long we should wait to see if the "re-sync" has resolved the problem?

(in reply to IainMcNeil)
Post #: 49
RE: Upgrade - 8/15/2019 2:00:58 PM   
IainMcNeil

All I know so far is it failed and they're working on it :(

Iain McNeil
Director
Matrix Games

(in reply to 76mm)
Post #: 50
RE: Upgrade - 8/15/2019 2:35:36 PM   
Zovs

Joe from Slitherine asked if I could register my games, I was able to add all 21 with no hassle.

You'd have to have your original serial numbers (either in your email or on a backup file someplace, that is how I restored mine).

All is good on my end by following Joe's recommendations.

< Message edited by Zovs -- 8/15/2019 2:36:07 PM >

Beta Tester for:
Flashpoint Campaigns: Sudden Storm
War in the East 1 & 2
WarPlan & WarPlan Pacific
Valor & Victory
DG CWIE 2
SPWW2 & SPMBT scenario creator

(in reply to IainMcNeil)
Post #: 51
RE: Upgrade - 8/15/2019 4:35:26 PM   
Yogi the Great

Thanks Zovs, of course for many the serial numbers were only kept on Matrix/Slitherene system. A lot of my games appear but not all including some recent purchases. I have gone to the site both with Explorer and Chrome with the same results.

Hopefully they will get the synch figured out, I'm confident that they will.

Hooked Since AH Gettysburg

(in reply to Zovs)
Post #: 52
RE: Upgrade - 8/15/2019 5:09:44 PM   
76mm

quote:

ORIGINAL: Zovs

Joe from Slitherine asked if I could register my games, I was able to add all 21 with no hassle.

You'd have to have your original serial numbers (either in your email or on a backup file someplace, that is how I restored mine).

Heh, you are far more generous than me, I would not consider re-registering 21 games to be "no hassle".

Moreover, while I keep a list with the SNs for all of my non-Matrix games, since all of the SNs for my Matrix Games were conveniently available on the Matrix website, I didn't keep all of those SNs in my list. The thought of going back through several years of e-mails to dig out the relevant SNs does not make me happy at all.

Sure seems like it would have been a good idea for Matrix to warn us that this was coming and to make sure that we copied all of our SNs?

(in reply to Zovs)
Post #: 53
RE: Upgrade - 8/16/2019 9:42:07 AM   
IainMcNeil

The SN will come over. We're not sure why its failing. As I said we tested this multiple times before we released so there was no need to warn anyone as there was no known issue and previous attempts worked fine.

Thanks for your patience.

Iain McNeil
Director
Matrix Games

(in reply to 76mm)
Post #: 54
RE: Upgrade - 8/16/2019 12:21:10 PM   
76mm

OK, no huge rush for me as long as they show up in some reasonable time frame. So far, still no sign of my missing games.

(in reply to IainMcNeil)
Post #: 55
RE: Upgrade - 8/16/2019 3:30:19 PM   
IainMcNeil

The synch bug is fixed but its still taking time. Hoping by the end of today the synch will be complete!

Iain McNeil
Director
Matrix Games

(in reply to 76mm)
Post #: 56
RE: Upgrade - 8/16/2019 4:03:35 PM   
Mobeer

Zap, I think you might be looking at:
https://matrixgames.com/

which fails - whereas this works:
https://www.matrixgames.com

Edit: Both should probably be made to work, the first redirecting to the second?

< Message edited by Mobeer -- 8/16/2019 4:04:00 PM >

(in reply to IainMcNeil)
Post #: 57
RE: Upgrade - 8/16/2019 4:06:13 PM   
Mobeer

Mobile looks a bit messed up - note the light grey and other colours do not stretch across the screen, resulting in black text on a dark grey background.

(in reply to Mobeer)
Post #: 58
RE: Upgrade - 8/16/2019 7:11:40 PM   
demyansk

Hi

I know some talk is on updating the forum. I was wondering if some change could go into the next page function on the posts. I often 98 percent of the time read the posts on a tablet. It would make it easier if the numbers could be tapped and that they were larger. Just a thought and a new post line to check as well
Thanks

(in reply to Mobeer)
Post #: 59
RE: Upgrade - 8/17/2019 2:01:28 PM   
76mm

FYI, my missing games still have not appeared (and yes, I've refreshed my browser, etc.).

(in reply to demyansk)
Post #: 60
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2] 3   next >   >>
All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion >> RE: Upgrade Page: <<   < prev  1 [2] 3   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI