Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: Submitted Scenarios

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Tigers on the Hunt >> Mods and Scenarios >> RE: Submitted Scenarios Page: <<   < prev  31 32 [33] 34 35   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Submitted Scenarios - 7/30/2019 11:13:27 PM   
Hailstone

Wow, thanks Paullus and Raybert1123. I wanted to give the proper credit and I was disappointed that couldn't.

(in reply to Raybert1123)
Post #: 961
RE: Submitted Scenarios - 8/3/2019 1:35:19 AM   
Hailstone

Duck, here comes another one...

Probing Layforce

Babali Hani, Crete, May 28, 1941: First Norway, then France; then Greece and now Crete. Once again
British forces had suffered defeat and were in retreat, streaming towards the beaches at Sfalia and
evacuation by the Royal Navy. But the pursuing German mountain troops were pressing hard and had to
be checked. Already lead elements of the German 5th Mountain Division had overrun the weakened 2/8th
Australian Battalion. The commandos of Layforce were ordered to stop and act as a rearguard, even though
too lightly equipped to operate as regular infantry. Lt. Colonel Young of D Battalion, Layforce, decided to
make his stand where the only road over the White Mountains dividing Crete into north and south passed
through a narrow valley thickly covered with olive groves. And he had even promised armor support. But the
enemy arrived first.

Game Length: 11 turns

For the Germans to win they must capture the valley road through the White Mountains
For the British to win they must defend the valley road against the Germans

Germans: Squads, HMG, MMG, LMG's MTR's, ATR's, Radio
British: Squads, MMG, LMG's, AFV

Boards: #2, #9, #15

Aftermath: Despite the limitations of their equipment, the commandos put up stiff resistance. Under heavy
mortar fire, the British - and remnants of the 2/8th Australian co-opted by Young to guard his rear - withstood
several German probing attacks. Meanwhile, Lt. J.F.G. Terry in his surviving Matilda (the others having been
destroyed as they were abandoned en route to Hani) arrived in the valley and positioned himself on the road.
"Firing at everything that moved" on the slopes above. Towards evening, The Germans, frustrated at the delay,
at last, mounted an encircling swing on the left. The Australians, in the falling light, managed to hold off this
thrust long enough for the commandos to withdraw, then they too fell back in the darkness, passing through defensive
lines established by the 4th New Zealand Brigade. Although casualties among the Gebirgsjager had been heavy, the
commandos had lost but 15 men. The respite was only temporary, however, the next day, the weary Commonwealth
troops continued their retreat.

Source: ASL Scenario A43, Probing Layforce

***Here's the version with the .scn file. Thanks for the catch!***

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by Hailstone -- 8/3/2019 3:23:07 PM >

(in reply to Paullus)
Post #: 962
RE: Submitted Scenarios - 8/3/2019 11:11:16 AM   
Noypi53

Hi! The attachment for Probing Layforce seems to be a txt file.

(in reply to Hailstone)
Post #: 963
RE: Submitted Scenarios - 8/3/2019 1:44:52 PM   
rmmwilg

quote:

ORIGINAL: Hailstone

Duck, here comes another one...

Probing Layforce

Hi Hailstone, yeh, it's missing the .scn file

(in reply to Hailstone)
Post #: 964
RE: Submitted Scenarios - 8/3/2019 3:24:01 PM   
Hailstone

Thanks for letting me know. SeeYa!

(in reply to rmmwilg)
Post #: 965
RE: Submitted Scenarios - 8/3/2019 9:28:27 PM   
Hailstone

Now here's a crazy one...

Insanity at the Sanitarium

St. Edouard, Belgium, December 22, 1944: The Battle of the Bulge was in full swing and the
Americans were hard-pressed to repulse the German onslaught. But by this time, the counter-
offensive was beginning to pay off. Surrounding Kampfgruppe Pieper, the Americans held them
to two small villages, Stoumont and La Gleize. Held in a crumbling sanitarium, the German forces
were trying to hold off American tanks and troops. The Sanitarium was the key to getting Stoumont.
The Americans poured it on and the Germans and civilians holed up in the cellar were to take a
pounding.

Game Length: 9 turns

For the Americans to win they must capture the Sanitarium
For the Germans to win they must keep the Americans out of the Sanitarium building

Boards: #22, #32

Aftermath: The Sanitarium was taking a beating and was little more than rubble. A German AT gun
was pounding out rounds in an effort to stall the American attack. When the fighting stopped, the
civilians in the basement came out to find a sea of bodies. The dead held the upper floors.

Source: ASL Scenario, Insanity at the Sanitarium

Attachment (1)

(in reply to Paullus)
Post #: 966
RE: Submitted Scenarios - 8/4/2019 6:13:31 PM   
Paullus

Hailstone, where did you find this little gem? I can't find the original ASL scenario for the scenario list.

For my part, I shall do my duty as a general; I shall see to it that you are given the chance of a successful action. /Lucius Aemilius Paullus

(in reply to Hailstone)
Post #: 967
RE: Submitted Scenarios - 8/4/2019 8:28:24 PM   
Hailstone

quote:

ORIGINAL: Paullus

Hailstone, where did you find this little gem? I can't find the original ASL scenario for the scenario list.

I don't know where the scenario originated. I did a search in Google for "Advanced squad leader scenarios" then selected images
and about a couple of dozen scenarios were displayed including Insanity at the Sanitarium.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to Paullus)
Post #: 968
RE: Submitted Scenarios - 8/4/2019 9:01:08 PM   
Paullus

Great,I'll see what I can dig out 😀👍

For my part, I shall do my duty as a general; I shall see to it that you are given the chance of a successful action. /Lucius Aemilius Paullus

(in reply to Hailstone)
Post #: 969
RE: Submitted Scenarios - 8/5/2019 12:14:51 AM   
Big Ivan

Hailstone, you crafty little devil!

Going for the obscure and the unknown!?

Have to say without a doubt, I love it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rock on my friend!

Big Ivan

Blitz call sign Big Ivan.

(in reply to Paullus)
Post #: 970
RE: Submitted Scenarios - 8/5/2019 2:47:42 AM   
rmmwilg

quote:

ORIGINAL: Big Ivan

Hailstone, you crafty little devil!

Going for the obscure and the unknown!?

Have to say without a doubt, I love it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rock on my friend!

Big Ivan

Ditto!

(in reply to Big Ivan)
Post #: 971
RE: Submitted Scenarios - 8/5/2019 7:52:10 AM   
Paullus

Got it now. The designer Rudi Marmaro is the administrator of the Facebook group Advanced Squad Leader. He also wrote an article on how to design ASL scenarios some years ago.

(in reply to Hailstone)
Post #: 972
RE: Submitted Scenarios - 8/5/2019 2:57:43 PM   
Hailstone

John, it's the kind of stuff I come up with when I'm bored at work and the boss is away. Paullus, sounds like Rudi Marmaro has an interesting ASL facebook page; it's just too
bad I don't have a facebook account to check it out. The TotH forum is as close to social media I get.

(in reply to Paullus)
Post #: 973
RE: Submitted Scenarios - 8/9/2019 11:30:43 PM   
Hailstone

This is kinda how my day went but it's all good now...

Out of Luck

Baruth, Germany, April 26, 1945: The 9th Army was trapped and encircled between the two
Soviet fronts which were competing to take the ultimate prize - Berlin. Having convinced
Hitler that he could link up with the 12th Army and drive to the defense of Berlin. The
9th commander, General Theodore Busse ordered a break out to the west with the goal of
reaching the Western Allies. He directed Kampfgruppe von Luck from the 21st Panzer Division
and Kampfgruppe Pipkorn from the 35th SS Police Grenadier Division with armored support from
the remnants of the 10th SS Panzer Division "Frundsberg" to hold the town of Halbe for the exit
point of the encirclement. To reach Halbe, the battlegroups had to take the valley town of
Baruth and use its road, since the remainder of the valley was useless for tanks. Anticipating
this move, the Russians had placed the 50th Guards Rifle Division and dug in Stalin tanks to
hold this vital town.

Game length: 6.5 turns

For the Germans to win they must exit troops to reach the Allies to surrender
For the Russians to win they must hold the town of Baruth to prevent the German escape from the Soviets

Germans: Squads, MMG's, LMG's, PSK's, AFV's
Russians: Squads, MMG's, LMG's, ATR, ART, AFV's

Boards: #U, #V

Aftermath: Colonel Hans von Luck's battlegroup met fierce resistance from the prepared Russians.
He dispatched a column to attempt to bypass north of the town but was frustrated by the drainage
ditches and marshy farmlands that hindered movement when vehicles strayed from the road. After many
hours of fighting von Luck was forced to withdraw, but the way was blocked. Disobeying his orders,
he told his men to disband and move towards the Elbe as best they could. He was captured by the
Soviets the next day while attempting to get back to headquarters.

Source: ASL Scenario S28, Out of Luck

Attachment (1)

(in reply to Paullus)
Post #: 974
RE: Submitted Scenarios - 8/11/2019 7:13:56 PM   
Hailstone

Here's one from Raybert1123 who was cool enough to share some scenarios with me, Thanks Ray!

La Fiere Bridge

La Fiere, Normandy, June 6, 1944: A Company, from the 505th Parachute Regiment, was dropped
near the La Fiere Bridge early on June 6th, 1944. Their job was to secure the bridgehead
against the Germans until they were relieved by the amphibious assault later that day.
Standing against repeated German counterattacks, the small band of paratroopers stood off
infantry and tanks.

Game Length: 7 turns

For the Americans to win they must capture the bridge for the advancing U.S. forces coming up from the Utah beach
For the Germans to win they must hold the bridge against the paratroopers

Americans: Squads, MMG's, BAZ's, DC's, AT Gun
Germans: HMG, MMG's, LMG's, AFV

Board: #8, #20, #23

Aftermath: What was expected to last a few hours lasted three days. The fighting from the
beaches took longer than expected to reach the 505th. Company A and other units that reinforced
over those three days held the Germans and kept them from closing the bridge to the forces
coming up from the invasion.

Source, ASL Scenario by Rudy Marmaro: La Fiere Bridge

*** Incidentally, there's a documentary on the battle for La Fiere Bridge that just came out in June called "Seize and Secure".
It is said it was the bloodiest small unit action of WWII. ***

Attachment (1)

(in reply to Paullus)
Post #: 975
RE: Submitted Scenarios - 8/16/2019 8:05:56 PM   
Hailstone

Here's another small scenario for you to win or lose quickly...

Lasting Valor

Near Viareggio, Italy, April 6, 1945: On April 5th, the 307th's lead element, Company C, of the
92nd US Infantry Division "The Buffalo Soldiers" had reached the initial objective - Castle Aghinolfi.
The Germans were caught by surprise as many were still eating breakfast when the Buffalo Soldiers
arrived. The Germans within the castle fired on the lone company with machine guns and mortars. Before
long, the company had suffered 60% casualties. The forward observer and radioman were both hit and the
radio was destroyed, cutting off all contact with the outside. The company had no choice but to pull back.
Lieutenant Vernon J. Baker, the company's only black officer, volunteered to harass the enemy so that the
wounded could escape. Baker personally destroyed three machine-gun nests and an observation post. Baker,
who had already received a Bronze Star and Purple Heart, would receive the Distinguished Service Cross
for his actions that day.

Game Length: 7 turns

For the Americans to win they must capture the machine-gun nests and the OP on top of the adjacent ridge to reach the castle
For the Germans they must hold the machine-gun nests and the Observation Post.

Americans: Squads, MMG's, MTR, BAZ
Germans: Squads, HMG, MMG, LMG's, MTR's

Boards: #9

Source: Kemit Mullins, Advancing Fire periodical, scenario: Lasting Valor

Attachment (1)

(in reply to Paullus)
Post #: 976
RE: Submitted Scenarios - 8/18/2019 12:20:51 AM   
Hailstone

Here's a Saturday night special...

The Battle for Hardt

West of Hardt, Germany, February 28, 1945: Company K of the 84th Infantry Regiment, nicknamed
"The Railsplitters", along with Company L, was tasked with securing several towns along the way
through Germany in the push after the Battle of the Bulge. One of those towns was Hardt. Unknown
to the company, dug in against them was the 8th Fallschrimjaeger Division. Heavily armed and well
placed, they gave quite the surprise to the Americans as they prepared to take the town.

Game Length: 8 turns

For the Americans to win they must capture the town of Hardt to continue deeper into Germany
For the Germans to win they must hold the town of Hardt to defend the Fatherland

Americans: Squads, HMG, MMG's, BAZ's, MTR's, AFV's
Germans: Squads, MMG, LMG's, PSK, AA Gun, AT Guns, AA Guns, AFV's

Boards: #3, #19

Aftermath: The Americans came across 400 meters of open ground on the approach to the village. The
Germans were lying in wait. At first, the fire was fierce and the Americans were hard-pressed. However,
due to a brave assault, the Americans broke several strongpoints and the German's will was defeated.
The Americans soon took control of the village.

Source: ASL Scenario KCO 2 by Rudy Marmaro: The Battle for Hardt

Attachment (1)

(in reply to Paullus)
Post #: 977
RE: Submitted Scenarios - 8/18/2019 4:22:36 AM   
gehrig38

Version 5
Tweaking Russian defense. Still should play only as Germans
tweaking fortifications, too many makes the battlefield impossible to move around on.
Tweaking Russian setup.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by gehrig38 -- 8/18/2019 3:48:22 PM >

(in reply to Hailstone)
Post #: 978
RE: Submitted Scenarios - 8/18/2019 4:27:45 AM   
gehrig38

The Men of Steel Copy is the right one. Still in dev stage. But any input to date is welcome. VC are Germans must end with 50 more Stone Building/rubble hexes than the russians, or just 50 more than they start with if they lose none

< Message edited by gehrig38 -- 8/18/2019 4:30:45 AM >

(in reply to gehrig38)
Post #: 979
RE: Submitted Scenarios - 8/18/2019 8:41:05 AM   
Paullus

Looking great gehrig38. Just some thoughts for you.

1. Setup Guns using special setups zones if you want them not to be placed at bad locations i.e in hexes with bad CA or LOS. This helps with the AI setup making them harder to beat. This is also tru for Tanks and units that like to have in certain types of locations.

2. Use CA direction in those hexes as well so they point in a desired direction from start.

Jorgen

(in reply to gehrig38)
Post #: 980
RE: Submitted Scenarios - 8/18/2019 9:40:52 AM   
gehrig38

Paullus thanks for that!

(in reply to Paullus)
Post #: 981
RE: Submitted Scenarios - 8/19/2019 12:42:01 AM   
gehrig38

Hmm. Game is crashing to desktop during admin phase of t2...

(in reply to gehrig38)
Post #: 982
RE: Submitted Scenarios - 8/19/2019 3:03:34 AM   
gehrig38

I've got a repeatable bug, which from being in the industry for 6 years I know is gold to coders:) Is there anyone still tinkering with this gem of a game? If so I can zip up the saved game file and post it. It's crashing at the exact same spot. After my 1 self rally attempt top of turn 2, that game crashes and goes to the initial launch screen.

(in reply to gehrig38)
Post #: 983
RE: Submitted Scenarios - 8/19/2019 3:10:15 AM   
gehrig38

Version 6.
Visibility upped to 12 hexes
I have a repeatable bug. My game crashes every time, the same way, after my 1st self rally of turn 2.
It crashes to the launcher. Every single time.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to gehrig38)
Post #: 984
RE: Submitted Scenarios - 8/19/2019 4:50:37 AM   
DoubleDeuce

quote:

ORIGINAL: gehrig38

I've got a repeatable bug, which from being in the industry for 6 years I know is gold to coders:) Is there anyone still tinkering with this gem of a game?

Probably not until Peter is back from his illness. Pretty sure it's basically a one man-show as far as the actual coding goes.

< Message edited by DoubleDeuce -- 8/19/2019 9:28:28 AM >

(in reply to gehrig38)
Post #: 985
RE: Submitted Scenarios - 8/20/2019 4:34:18 AM   
gehrig38

Red October 3 v1
Defenders of Stalingrad
(Nice 'smallish' bloody 5.5 turn game)
Defenders of Stalingrad (ASL RO3) v1
The Red October Factory 25 October 1942
The Germans were in tenuous control of the southern half of the Krasny Oktyabr factory complex at sunrise on the 25th.
They were however in a bind. Their forward artillery observers could not get a good line of sight to the docks of the Volga
as Russian supplies kept trickling in. The Russians had been supplying and reinforcing the Martin Halls 1 and 2 and pouring incredible MG fire on all nearby roads and trenches making movement outside, even by small groups of men, incredibly dangerous.
Captain Bucholz's group from the 212 Infanterie-Regiment along with elements of the 179th Pioneer Battalion smashed their way
into the factory early on the 25th. The cavernous halls saw room to room combat, in the dark, and there was no let-up.
The Soviets re-established their occupation of the north end by late morning and after a brief respite the German invaders
made one last push to take the factory.

Game Turns 5.5
VC=The Russians must control hex 12,12 at game end. Any other result is a major german Victory

(Design Notes) I've cleaned up my RO map as there was not as much destruction at this point of the RO factory and surrounding
halls. Both sides are setup to be played by the computer so have fun. If you have ANY comments, good or bad, I have thick skin
(as playing in Philly for 10 years helps) and welcome any input. Curious to know if I should add a few half squads given the
array of SW

Germans MMC+SW
Russians MMC+SW

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by gehrig38 -- 8/20/2019 4:38:26 AM >

(in reply to DoubleDeuce)
Post #: 986
RE: Submitted Scenarios - 8/20/2019 4:37:27 AM   
gehrig38

Men of Steel v8
Men of Steel (ASL Scenario RO 5)
The Red October Factory, Stalingrad 11 November 1942
Operation Hubertus would be the battered 6th Armies final attempt to capture the smoldering ruins known as the Stalingrad Factory District.
Every building and every pile of rubble seemed to be fortified death traps.
Three infantry divisions (79th, 100th and the 305th) battered, but still able, and very much willing, would be supported by assault
guns of the 14th and 24th Panzer divisions, including their experimental urban howitzer known as the StuIG 33B mounting their 150mm
field gun.
The goal was ambitious, if not insane considering the beatings these units had taken over the past 3 months.
Inside the Krasny October plant, the soldiers of Guriev's 39th Guards Rifle Division were still in control, if barely, of the massive
Hall #4. One month ago the 14 Martin Ovens in this building were producing molten steel for soviet T-34's that were being built and driven into battle at times on the same day.
They knew what was coming and they braced for another offensive, adding to the many before that were shaping these soldiers into
true men of steel.

Germans attacking Russians (21 turns Germans move first)
Visibility is set to 12 hexes
(Meant to be played right now as the Germans)
Victory Objective: The German player must end the game with control of 50+ more stone building/rubble locations than the Russian player
gains, or gain 50 of those locations if the Russian player gains 0.
All noted VC are worth 1 pt (EXCEPT: The 3 hex stone building at the top of the map is worth 3 VP per hex as is the 3 hex stone building
to the players right astride the gully)

(There is an extra map butted up against the board edge to allow for off map entry.)

Germans MMC/FT/DC/ATG/AA/INF Ordnance/OBA x 1/Armor + reinforcing Infantry and Armor
Russians MMC/FT/DC/ATG/INF Ordnance/OBA x 2/Armor + reinforcing infantry and Armor

Attachment (1)

(in reply to gehrig38)
Post #: 987
RE: Submitted Scenarios - 8/20/2019 4:42:42 PM   
ArtReg250

Red October 3 v1

Hi gehrig38!

Nice scenario, maybe too easy for the germans, by turn 4 it was clear that soviets had no chance as I spread havoc amongst them with all my arsenal.

Thank you, I´ll try also Men of steel.

Regards.

"Duro es el enemigo y duro es también el invierno ruso. Pero... ¡no importa! Más dura es aún mi raza (...)"

General de División Agustín Muñoz Grandes

(in reply to gehrig38)
Post #: 988
RE: Submitted Scenarios - 8/21/2019 12:23:08 AM   
Hailstone

gehrig38, I was astonished when I looked at Red October with a custom board and all those units! I regret to
say that I have not played it yet, and admittingly, I'm not ready for it. There's a lot going on and I need to feel
my way before going into battle. Thanks man.

(in reply to ArtReg250)
Post #: 989
Defenders of Stalingrad v2 - 8/21/2019 12:39:40 AM   
gehrig38

Defenders of Stalingrad (ASL RO3) v2
The Red October Factory 25 October 1942
The Germans were in tenous control of the southern half of the Krasny Oktyabr factory complex at sunrise on the 25th.
They were however in a bind. Their forward artillery observers could not get good line of sight to the docks of the Volga
as Russians supplies kept trickling in. The Russians had been supplying and reinforcing the Martin Halls 1 and 2 and pouring
incredible MG fire on all nearby roads and trenches making movement outside, even by small groups of men, incredibly dangerous.
Captain Bucholz's group from the 212 Infanterie-Regiment along with elements of the 179th Pioneer Battalion smashed their way
into the factory early on the 25th. The cavernous halls saw room to room combat, in the dark, and there was no let-up.
The Soviets re-established their occupation of the north end by late morning and after a brief respite the German invaders
made one last push to take the factory.

Game Turns 5.5
VC=The Russians must control hex 12,12 at game end. Any other result is a major german Victory

(Design Notes) I've cleaned up my RO map as there was not as much destruction at this point of the RO factory and surrounding
halls. Both sides are setup to be played by the computer so have fun. If you have ANY comments, good or bad, I have thick skin
(as playing in Philly for 10 years helps) and welcome any input. Curious to know if I should add a few half squads given the
array of SW

Germans MMC+SW
Russians MMC+SW

Tweaked the initial setup areas for both sides (limiting the Germans a tad and expanding the Russians)
Added to the Russian OOB

Attachment (1)

(in reply to Hailstone)
Post #: 990
Page:   <<   < prev  31 32 [33] 34 35   next >   >>
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Tigers on the Hunt >> Mods and Scenarios >> RE: Submitted Scenarios Page: <<   < prev  31 32 [33] 34 35   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI