Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: Hello

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion >> RE: Hello Page: <<   < prev  19 20 [21] 22 23   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Hello - 8/19/2019 11:21:32 PM   
Chickenboy

quote:

ORIGINAL: warspite1
I believe we will have the necessary members so as to be quorate at that time.

And then some...

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 601
RE: Hello - 8/20/2019 12:01:49 AM   
RangerJoe

quote:

. . . I shall refer this to a plenary session of the numpty-consideration sub-committee which sits in two weeks. . .

What part of the US Congress is that? I think that most would qualify . . .

Seek peace but keep your gun handy.

I'm not a complete idiot, some parts are missing!

“Illegitemus non carborundum est (“Don’t let the bastards grind you down”).”
― Julia Child

(in reply to RangerJoe)
Post #: 602
RE: Hello - 8/20/2019 5:17:49 AM   
warspite1

quote:

ORIGINAL: RangerJoe

quote:

. . . I shall refer this to a plenary session of the numpty-consideration sub-committee which sits in two weeks. . .

What part of the US Congress is that? I think that most would qualify . . .
warspite1

Nothing to do with US Congress. This is the Executive Committee of the General Forum party and its National Congress. As a full Executive Committee member (although of course not a member of the Politburo) I really thought you would have known that. Get with the program Ranger Joe - the Committee can always have you replaced......

England expects that every man will do his duty. Horatio Nelson October 1805

(in reply to RangerJoe)
Post #: 603
RE: Hello - 8/20/2019 4:40:59 PM   
RangerJoe

Okay, I thought that I was showing my brilliance but instead was showing my numptyness. Does that mean I get a promotion? Or am I already at my incompetence level according to the Peter principle? If I was married I would know this since my wife would inform me. But since I am still free . . .

― Julia Child

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 604
RE: Hello - 8/20/2019 5:46:18 PM   
Orm

quote:

ORIGINAL: Zap

quote:

quote:

But you used the symbol for British money . . .
warspite1

LoL - that is what I thought but saw Zorch's post and assumed I'd missed it off my post. But it would appear that both yourself and Zorch removed the symbol when making your subsequent posts. [shakes fist in exaggerated black and white comedy stylee] Grr you rotters!

And I thought £ was the short form for the word pound. If so, it could be interpreted liberally. I could give a couple hundred pounds of flesh.

No, £ is not the short form for pound. £ is the short form for pound sterling. And pound sterling is the official currency of UK. So pounds of flesh will not do if you pay in £.

< Message edited by Orm -- 8/20/2019 5:47:35 PM >

Have a bit more patience with newbies. Of course some of them act dumb -- they're often students, for heaven's sake. - Terry Pratchett

(in reply to Zap)
Post #: 605
RE: Hello - 8/20/2019 5:50:49 PM   
Orm

quote:

ORIGINAL: Chickenboy

quote:

ORIGINAL: Orm

Why 25 pages?

No no no. That's the wrong question. Ask not "why 25 pages"? Ask instead: "Why NOT 25 pages!"

Indeed. One could ask that. Or one could ask: "Why only 25 pages?".

Have a bit more patience with newbies. Of course some of them act dumb -- they're often students, for heaven's sake. - Terry Pratchett

(in reply to Chickenboy)
Post #: 606
RE: Hello - 8/20/2019 5:54:45 PM   
RangerJoe

True, why limit ourselves?

― Julia Child

(in reply to Orm)
Post #: 607
RE: Hello - 8/20/2019 6:00:12 PM   
Zap

quote:

quote:

quote:

Why 25 pages?

No no no. That's the wrong question. Ask not "why 25 pages"? Ask instead: "Why NOT 25 pages!"

Because the Executive Committee of the General Forum has a certain level of numptiness. So counting beyond twenty-five pages is too much to ask.

(in reply to Orm)
Post #: 608
RE: Hello - 8/20/2019 6:05:34 PM   
Orm

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Why 25 pages?

Because the Executive Committee of the General Forum has a certain level of numptiness. So counting beyond twenty-five pages is too much to ask.

I understand. It is difficult counting past the number of fingers and toes on your hands and feet.

Perhaps the Executive Committee of the General Forum can educate the numpty in the art of counting nostril hairs in order to help with the more advanced math?

(in reply to Zap)
Post #: 609
RE: Hello - 8/20/2019 6:24:54 PM   
Zorch

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Why 25 pages?

I understand. It is difficult counting past the number of fingers and toes on your hands and feet.

Perhaps the Executive Committee of the General Forum can educate the numpty in the art of counting nostril hairs in order to help with the more advanced math?

Management always asks for an executive summary anyway. With small words. And in big print.

(in reply to Orm)
Post #: 610
RE: Hello - 8/20/2019 7:45:38 PM   
RangerJoe

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Why 25 pages?

Zorch

Management always asks for an executive summary anyway. With small words. And in big print.

If it is in big print, how can the words be small?

― Julia Child

(in reply to Zorch)
Post #: 611
RE: Hello - 8/20/2019 7:47:47 PM   
Zorch

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Why 25 pages?

Zorch

If it is in big print, how can the words be small?

It's like a giant shrimp.

(in reply to RangerJoe)
Post #: 612
RE: Hello - 8/20/2019 8:03:43 PM   
Chickenboy

quote:

quote:

quote:

Why 25 pages?

One could. But unless they were being circumlocutious why would they? I believe that one should eschew obfuscation.

(in reply to Orm)
Post #: 613
RE: Hello - 8/20/2019 8:10:20 PM   
Zap

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Why 25 pages?

One could. But unless they were being circumlocutious why would they? I believe that one should eschew obfuscation.

Back to the dictionary for me

(in reply to Chickenboy)
Post #: 614
RE: Hello - 8/20/2019 8:22:33 PM   
warspite1

So, in the interests of time, I think it would be sensible for each Committee member to formulate and present his/her arguments, for and against comrade Chickenboy's question, ahead of the Numpty Consideration Plenary Session. Voting can then take place during the Plenum and the results presented at the 27th National Congress.

In the interests of brevity I would ask all Committee members to present their views (in no more than a paragraph) on the matter in question - ergo and theretofore:

"Why is Warspite1 a numpty?"

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 615
RE: Hello - 8/20/2019 8:32:45 PM   
Zorch

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Why 25 pages?

Brevity is the soul of wit.

(in reply to Chickenboy)
Post #: 616
RE: Hello - 8/20/2019 8:35:04 PM   
Zorch

quote:

So, in the interests of time, I think it would be sensible for each Committee member to formulate and present his/her arguments, for and against comrade Chickenboy's question, ahead of the Numpty Consideration Plenary Session. Voting can then take place during the Plenum and the results presented at the 27th National Congress.

In the interests of brevity I would ask all Committee members to present their views (in no more than a paragraph) on the matter in question - ergo and theretofore:

Ask not, "Why is Warspite1 a numpty?" Ask instead "Why are not the rest of us numpty?".

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 617
RE: Hello - 8/20/2019 9:36:42 PM   
Chickenboy

quote:

Excuse me! Excuse me! [bangs on desk with a shoe]

Sorry. Too Russian.

Anyways, as I was saying, let's not rush to vote on this one singular issue. There are so many useful numptinian votes we could have. Comrade Zilch raises an excellent (for him) suggestion. One that paws at the very back door of one's imagination, needing to go outside for a logistical tinkle.

I think we should cast a net and canvas our local numptinian comrades. Those that have 'contributed' to this thread would be good for starters. I think the question we should ask our...erm...'illustrious' group gathered here today should be:

"What numptinian or numpty-like votes do people desire here today?"

I believe that the question you've forwarded for a vote is worthy of consideration. I also believe that Zilch's 'Why are not the rest of us numpty' is an interesting question to be posed as well. I for one countenance both of these questions-and more-as our present company shall identify in good time.

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 618
RE: Hello - 8/20/2019 10:28:35 PM   
Zovs

Can me make 25?

Beta Tester for:
Flashpoint Campaigns: Sudden Storm
War in the East 1 & 2
WarPlan & WarPlan Pacific
Valor & Victory
DG CWIE 2
SPWW2 & SPMBT scenario creator

(in reply to Chickenboy)
Post #: 619
RE: Hello - 8/20/2019 10:29:07 PM   
RangerJoe

quote:

'Why are not the rest of us numpty'

Because we do not Bloviate nor Pontificate on matters. We actually never bloviate nor pontificate on any subject matter worth of discourse. We always elucidate whatever our answers are to any query that has been put to us. We never use any more verbiage than is truly necessary for our audience to be enlightened by our illuminating responses.

― Julia Child

(in reply to Chickenboy)
Post #: 620
RE: Hello - 8/20/2019 10:41:32 PM   
Zorch

quote:

quote:

Sorry. Too Russian.

Anyways, as I was saying, let's not rush to vote on this one singular issue. There are so many useful numptinian votes we could have. Comrade Zilch raises an excellent (for him) suggestion. One that paws at the very back door of one's imagination, needing to go outside for a logistical tinkle.

I think we should cast a net and canvas our local numptinian comrades. Those that have 'contributed' to this thread would be good for starters. I think the question we should ask our...erm...'illustrious' group gathered here today should be:

I believe that the question you've forwarded for a vote is worthy of consideration. I also believe that Zilch's 'Why are not the rest of us numpty' is an interesting question to be posed as well. I for one countenance both of these questions-and more-as our present company shall identify in good time.

Why thank you, Comrade CB.

As a great non-numpty writer put it, to be (Numpty) or not to be (Numpty)? That is the Gesaltachuken.

I hypothesize that it (numptiness) cannot be proved or disproved within a logically consistent system. It is undecidable except by observation.

(in reply to Chickenboy)
Post #: 621
RE: Hello - 8/20/2019 11:10:49 PM   
MrRoadrunner

For the sake of being non-circumlocutious.

I agree.

RR

“The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.”
― Marcus Aurelius, Meditations

(in reply to Zorch)
Post #: 622
RE: Hello - 8/21/2019 2:58:45 AM   
Zap

Using simple street verbiage, what the bro's said.

(in reply to MrRoadrunner)
Post #: 623
RE: Hello - 8/21/2019 7:57:38 AM   
warspite1

quote:

quote:

Sorry. Too Russian.

warspite1

But comrade CB The question has been put to the people and must be answered by the Central Committee for the people. To add additional questions at this juncture is merely vacillation and as an apparatchik of the old school you are conversant with the dangers inherent in this course of action, no? Let us have no more procrastination, the proletariat demand answers!

< Message edited by warspite1 -- 8/21/2019 7:58:14 AM >

(in reply to Chickenboy)
Post #: 624
RE: Hello - 8/21/2019 9:15:53 AM   
Orm

quote:

He is not. My Lord Warspite, the first, is a true genius, and to call him a numpty is a mockery and it will not stand. The committee is making a fool of itself for making such a claim. I call upon the chair for the Committee on Committees to create a committee that will examine how such a obviously false statement could have been made at all, and that he initiates the creation of the Committee for overseeing Committee oversights.

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 625
RE: Hello - 8/21/2019 9:22:35 AM   
Orm

I further suggest that the Central Committee for the people, of the people, and by the people, should elect, at once and without delay, My Lord Warpite, the First, to the position of Overseer of the Chair for the Committee on Central Committee for the people, of the people, and by the people.

(in reply to Orm)
Post #: 626
RE: Hello - 8/21/2019 10:48:49 AM   
Zovs

The committee needs to be purged.

Uncle Joe

Beta Tester for:
War in the East 1 & 2
Valor & Victory
DG CWIE 2

(in reply to Orm)
Post #: 627
RE: Hello - 8/21/2019 11:35:47 AM   
Zorch

quote:

ORIGINAL: Zovs

The committee needs to be purged.

Uncle Joe

Beria: As instructed, anti-party, counter revolutionary, and bourgeois obstructionists have been removed. The rump committee will meet in the phone booth outside party headquarters. The agenda is to define 'numpty' to the party's satisfaction.

(in reply to Zovs)
Post #: 628
RE: Hello - 8/21/2019 1:20:31 PM   
Zovs

Good work. The party will agree to a new five year plan to define 'numpty', yes?

Beta Tester for:
War in the East 1 & 2
Valor & Victory
DG CWIE 2

(in reply to Zorch)
Post #: 629
RE: Hello - 8/21/2019 2:00:24 PM   
Zorch

quote:

ORIGINAL: Zovs

Good work. The party will agree to a new five year plan to define 'numpty', yes?

Beria: Only a numpty reactionary would say a bourgeois thing like that. Comrade Zovs, you are under arrest.
Thanks to the wisdom and foresight of Comrade Stalin, your plot to sabotage the Party Congress has been foiled.

(in reply to Zovs)
Post #: 630
Page:   <<   < prev  19 20 [21] 22 23   next >   >>
All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion >> RE: Hello Page: <<   < prev  19 20 [21] 22 23   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI