Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

new scenario - Jamaican me Crazy

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> Mods and Scenarios >> new scenario - Jamaican me Crazy Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
new scenario - Jamaican me Crazy - 8/25/2019 12:10:28 AM   
Whicker

A fragile peace has existed for 45 years along the Jamaican DMZ. A bitter war fought over sun drenched beaches ended in a stalemate with neither side able to force the other off the island. The Republic of Azure and the Crimson Commonwealth looked to have settled into a routine, with no real effort taken by either side to resolve the war and create a lasting peace.

But beneath the calm a storm was brewing, three years ago the Crimson Commonwealth set in motion a plan to take control of the entire island and destroy the Republic of Azure. Today is the first day of the Second Jamaican War.

This is a large scenario featuring mostly modern units from the US, Spain and Sweden facing a mix of modern Chinese and Russian units. The Republic of Azure has a larger force but the Crimson Commonwealth has the benefit of surprise. Cargo is an integral part of the scenario, you will need to perform amphibious landings and air drops.

------------

There should be an overlay over Jamaica, though it is not terribly important.

There is some variability built into it, most of that happens in the first few seconds.

Its fairly large, lots going on.

The zip contains the scen file and an attachments folder for the overlays - keep them together when you run it the first time, they just have to be in the same folder. Once you run the scen the first time the attachment folder will disappear and they will be moved into the games attachment folder.

Updated 9-2-19, many changes - some fixes, quite a few additions.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by Whicker -- 9/3/2019 2:43:34 AM >
Post #: 1
RE: new scenario - Jamaican me Crazy - 8/25/2019 4:38:21 AM   
TXTBOOK

Wow. This is very cool (and very hard!).

(in reply to Whicker)
Post #: 2
RE: new scenario - Jamaican me Crazy - 8/25/2019 11:16:09 AM   
Gunner98

Very nice - sort of a Korean Peninsula conflict on Caribbean Islands. I'll give it a go as soon as I have a chance.

A point on the briefing: Priority 2 & 3 are there but priority 1 is not clear.

Tx, am looking forward to this.

Check out our novel, Northern Fury: H-Hour!: http://northernfury.us/
And our blog: http://northernfury.us/blog/post2/
Twitter: @NorthernFury94 or Facebook https://www.facebook.com/northernfury/

(in reply to TXTBOOK)
Post #: 3
RE: new scenario - Jamaican me Crazy - 8/25/2019 3:02:39 PM   
Whicker

that's just a grammar issue - there are 3 bunkers in the south and 2 in the north, so there are just the 2 sets of targets.
I was having a little trouble coming up with how to say that, those two are the real priorities, and then the bases/amphibs.

One thing I used to find unclear was whether or not ammo facilities were important or not - but once you start making scenarios you realize they are super important as the ammo is actually in there and if you destroy it you can disable everything on the base. I don't think most people realize that? I didn't put those as priority targets but did put a blurb about them somewhere. I remember once seeing a comment saying ammo units were no different than AvGas units which is not true usually for me.

It should be hard/impossible for the first hour, then it should get easier. The carrier group is very vulnerable, that is intentional. I thought about putting a note about that, not sure how to put it.

The briefing is 'brief' as there are a bunch of messages early on, and a few later on.

(in reply to Gunner98)
Post #: 4
RE: new scenario - Jamaican me Crazy - 8/26/2019 12:28:57 AM   
Dragnaath

Which folder do the attachments go?

(in reply to Whicker)
Post #: 5
RE: new scenario - Jamaican me Crazy - 8/26/2019 12:33:37 AM   
Whicker

I removed one of the overlays to get under the 10 mb limit on the forum. 1st post is updated with the downloadable file.

fixes in v3:
-scoring wasn't working
-no cargo for san antonio
-minor changes
-points for destroying bunkers
-point losses for destroyed facilities in the industrial area

basic scoring for most things is:

AC = 5
Ships = 50
Subs = 25
Facilities = 1

Scoring should be more about winning the war than how many units you destroy - so as it is an SA-10 is not worth any more points than a random building, but killing it will make it a lot easier to win the war. You do get point bonuses for retaking some stuff, but not sure how it is all going to work just yet so the victory conditions are probably way off. I need to think of some ways to do the scoring better.

< Message edited by Whicker -- 8/26/2019 1:06:09 AM >

(in reply to Whicker)
Post #: 6
RE: new scenario - Jamaican me Crazy - 8/26/2019 1:01:16 AM   
Whicker

the attachments just need to be in the same place as the scen file - so keep them together - when you load the scen the game will delete the attachments folder and copy them into the games attachements folder.

(in reply to Whicker)
Post #: 7
RE: new scenario - Jamaican me Crazy - 8/27/2019 12:38:57 AM   
Dragnaath

quote:

ORIGINAL: Whicker

the attachments just need to be in the same place as the scen file - so keep them together - when you load the scen the game will delete the attachments folder and copy them into the games attachements folder.

Thanks sir.

(in reply to Whicker)
Post #: 8
RE: new scenario - Jamaican me Crazy - 9/2/2019 6:23:24 PM   
trebor6669

Anyone having issues launching F-18s and P3s from Sierra Maestra?
I couldn't get them to launch. Thought there needed to be a longer runway.
Added next longer runway 4500 ft and they launched.

(in reply to Dragnaath)
Post #: 9
RE: new scenario - Jamaican me Crazy - 9/2/2019 8:43:29 PM   
Whicker

SHOOT! you are correct, the runway is too short, the Euro fighters can take off but not the f-18s or P3s. I'll fix that and make sure the other bases are ok. Arg.

How far in have you gotten?
major update almost ready.

< Message edited by Whicker -- 9/2/2019 8:53:20 PM >

(in reply to trebor6669)
Post #: 10
RE: new scenario - Jamaican me Crazy - 9/2/2019 9:45:50 PM   
trebor6669

Red missiles are everywhere and many F18s are slag.
My carrier is lonely too
Can't wait for update.

(in reply to Whicker)
Post #: 11
RE: new scenario - Jamaican me Crazy - 9/3/2019 2:43:12 AM   
Whicker

updated original post with latest version, fixed Sierra Maestra base, lots of other changes.

I should have put a note in there about:
- Check all your ports, you have lots of ships in port - I guess this is obvious but maybe not?
- When the structures on Jamaica get occupied by the enemy the structure will change sides to 'Crimson Controlled' which is a different side than the enemy - it will show as unfriendly. This is so that you won't accidentally destroy it as an enemy structure. Ideally you should be able to retake it without destroying it.
- You have ship assets near Jamaica, they really need to form up into groups for SAM and ASW protection, sending them off on their own - at least initially - is a bad idea. You should check each ships capabilities and see which ones can provide good SAM protection, ones with a single launcher are not that great.
- You have some ground units on Jamaica, potentially you could run away from the invasion and fight an insurgency - this may work in some ways, but you should probably retreat to the west end of the island and create a secure area for landing more troops? if you retake one of the structures the scripting may not handle it correctly - so it would be fine to hit something and run off, but don't try to occupy something that is still being re-enforced. You might not be able to do this anyways due to enemy patrols but I'm not sure.

I have yet to make it all the way thru so I am not sure on the time frame but it seems doable. Maybe needs another day or two though.

< Message edited by Whicker -- 9/3/2019 3:47:55 PM >

(in reply to trebor6669)
Post #: 12
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> Mods and Scenarios >> new scenario - Jamaican me Crazy Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI