Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Discord channel

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Discord channel Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Discord channel - 8/3/2019 5:20:21 PM   
Sardaukar

Hi,

There is Discord chat channels about GG games, if interested:

https://discord.gg/CCaSeH

"To meaningless French Idealism, Liberty, Fraternity and Equality...we answer with German Realism, Infantry, Cavalry and Artillery" -Prince von Bülov, 1870-

Post #: 1
RE: Discord channel - 8/4/2019 7:46:12 PM   
scout1

quote:

ORIGINAL: Sardaukar

Hi,

Just what is a Discord Chat about anyways ?

(in reply to Sardaukar)
Post #: 2
RE: Discord channel - 8/4/2019 9:40:18 PM   
A21

quote:

ORIGINAL: scout1
quote:

Hi,

Best way to find out is put that into the address browser and have a look. It will ask you to give a username - probably easiest to use the same username as you use here. Then you can look and see - nothing more you need to do unless you want to. You do not need any other software than your browser - although there are apps for it that you can use instead.

I thought when I first saw that it was just a chat room place - so you can see channels (like threads here) and can type away. So in some ways at first it looks almost like forums but for more instant things like Questions and Answers. But I am just starting to discover all the other functions and there are lots of ways things can be automated or integrated into the games you are playing. So I have seen that some channels are private and relate to somebodies game (so their opponent cannot see) but they can invite 3rd parties to see and be their advisors. I know there are lots of automation tools and functions which I still have no idea of. But at least for me I do not need to know about them just to understand what is going on there, read and comment.

I know Discord is all the rage for other games and everybody seems to be using it. I guess Discord is only just arriving in our area as we are the older folk!

(in reply to scout1)
Post #: 3
RE: Discord channel - 8/4/2019 9:44:09 PM   
scout1

quote:

ORIGINAL: Armatrading

quote:

quote:

Hi,

Best way to find out is put that into the address browser and have a look. It will ask you to give a username - probably easiest to use the same username as you use here. Then you can look and see - nothing more you need to do unless you want to. You do not need any other software than your browser - although there are apps for it that you can use instead.

I thought when I first saw that it was just a chat room place - so you can see channels (like threads here) and can type away. So in some ways at first it looks almost like forums but for more instant things like Questions and Answers. But I am just starting to discover all the other functions and there are lots of ways things can be automated or integrated into the games you are playing. So I have seen that some channels are private and relate to somebodies game (so their opponent cannot see) but they can invite 3rd parties to see and be their advisors. I know there are lots of automation tools and functions which I still have no idea of. But at least for me I do not need to know about them just to understand what is going on there, read and comment.

I know Discord is all the rage for other games and everybody seems to be using it. I guess Discord is only just arriving in our area as we are the older folk!

This sounds complicated as a Discord can't be described in a paragraph …. or perhaps its my brain fart that doesn't understand …. just WTH do they discuss ?

(in reply to A21)
Post #: 4
RE: Discord channel - 8/4/2019 9:50:29 PM   
A21

quote:

This sounds complicated as a Discord can't be described in a paragraph …. or perhaps its my brain fart that doesn't understand …. just WTH do they discuss ?

Copy that code, paste into browser and press enter and type a username. Three clicks and a word - trust me it is that easy!

(in reply to scout1)
Post #: 5
RE: Discord channel - 8/4/2019 10:52:57 PM   
Anachro

Discord is a chat program that also functions as a simple (and free) VoIP program. It makes communicating by voice in-game very easy, so most gaming communities, clans, guilds, etc. use it now for communication. If you used things like Teamspeak or Ventrilo in the past, it does what they do, but far better. That said, it's free and if the product's free, then you ARE the product!

< Message edited by Anachro -- 8/4/2019 10:53:16 PM >

(in reply to A21)
Post #: 6
RE: Discord channel - 8/4/2019 11:44:47 PM   
Lokasenna

Yes, it's basically just a chat room program with voice chat (optional of course) as well as text chat. It's a bit more integrated with other things than that, but that's the core of what it does.

(in reply to Anachro)
Post #: 7
RE: Discord channel - 8/27/2019 2:23:49 PM   
Beria

The invite at the top of this thread expired after a day - you needed one that did not expire!

Here is one that stays live for the Gary Grigsby Discord!

https://discord.gg/ME6af8c

< Message edited by Beria -- 8/27/2019 3:16:49 PM >

(in reply to Lokasenna)
Post #: 8
RE: Discord channel - 8/27/2019 3:11:05 PM   
Telemecus

Very careless Sardaukar! Who was destracting you this time!

Wargamers Discord https://discord.gg/U6DcDxT

(in reply to Beria)
Post #: 9
RE: Discord channel - 8/28/2019 10:23:37 AM   
Sardaukar

I am innocent!

"To meaningless French Idealism, Liberty, Fraternity and Equality...we answer with German Realism, Infantry, Cavalry and Artillery" -Prince von Bülov, 1870-

(in reply to Telemecus)
Post #: 10
RE: Discord channel - 8/28/2019 11:33:31 PM   
Dili

Is it possible to get research information in a discord channel? i mean something that was written 10 years ago. Here in forum we can get that.

(in reply to Sardaukar)
Post #: 11
RE: Discord channel - 8/29/2019 4:53:30 AM   
Fishbed

Yes, everything is logged in a discord channel. It is pretty much a IRC but with history and a search function.

(in reply to Dili)
Post #: 12
RE: Discord channel - 8/29/2019 9:54:37 AM   
Telemecus

and the bots ...

It appears Sardaukar cannot even beat the AI in discord...

(Chickenboy stresses he is not related to CB)

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by Telemecus -- 8/29/2019 9:56:00 AM >

(in reply to Fishbed)
Post #: 13
RE: Discord channel - 8/29/2019 10:12:35 AM   
Sardaukar

Day at Discord for me...

< Message edited by Sardaukar -- 8/29/2019 10:13:00 AM >

(in reply to Telemecus)
Post #: 14
RE: Discord channel - 8/29/2019 10:12:52 AM   
Schorsch

i personally only use discord as a voicechat. i dislike the feeling of having to search through multiple sources/forums for game-knowledge. (especially when there is an official forum from the developer)

(in reply to Telemecus)
Post #: 15
RE: Discord channel - 8/29/2019 10:30:06 AM   
Beria

Yeah you should not see Discord as a replacement for forums - only a complement. In the War in the East section you can see several debates that then became a thread in the matrix forums that have then one back to a debate in Discord. You can see in the Gary Grigsby Discord they have channels dedicated to links to things in the Matrix forums. If you want something in long prose or to store a final guide or document the forums are best for it. Discord is better for instant things or where you need automation or permissions on what and who can do what in each area. It also helps that the Discord is fan led rather than being part of a corporation.

Gary Grigsby Discord https://discord.gg/U6DcDxT

(in reply to Schorsch)
Post #: 16
RE: Discord channel - 9/11/2019 1:17:35 PM   
Sardaukar

*BUMP*

Invite:

https://discord.gg/ME6af8c

(in reply to Beria)
Post #: 17
RE: Discord channel - 9/12/2019 7:31:19 PM   
AlessandroW

Just joined, thanks.

(in reply to Sardaukar)
Post #: 18
RE: Discord channel - 12/16/2019 11:45:34 PM   
demyansk

It's a good app on your Android, just install the app and you can talk, I wish they had the app for my Kindle tablet. I went through the browser and used it, worked out okay, was able to chat.

Correction, I downloaded an APK and got it to work

< Message edited by demyansk -- 12/17/2019 8:53:02 AM >

(in reply to AlessandroW)
Post #: 19
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Discord channel Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI