Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: Slitherine & Matrix Games get new Websites!

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [General] >> Press Releases, News and Events from Matrix >> RE: Slitherine & Matrix Games get new Websites! Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Slitherine & Matrix Games get new Websites! - 8/15/2019 10:27:57 AM   
IainMcNeil

For anyone having issues creating a ticket on the site please email support@slitherine.co.uk with your issue and we'll investigate.

On the layout it is very much intentional. Peoples first impressions are based on video & images. If the images are hidden at the bottom people are unlikely to scroll down. Once people see images they are engaged enough to scroll down for the detailed description.

If you already know you are interested in a game it might be slightly less useful but for anyone exploring the line up it is vastly better and why every other site does it this way. We were just way behind in our design. All the info is till there its just prioritising content that gets people excited over the detail, which they'll look at if they are excited!

Thanks!

Iain McNeil
Director
Matrix Games

(in reply to rjh1971)
Post #: 61
RE: Slitherine & Matrix Games get new Websites! - 8/15/2019 10:52:08 AM   
DannyJim_slith

On a positive note.

Can I thank the support team please? Joe sorted my problem very quickly and now I can access the game I had lost.

Best wishes

Dan

(in reply to IainMcNeil)
Post #: 62
RE: Slitherine & Matrix Games get new Websites! - 8/15/2019 12:34:03 PM   
Zovs

Joe from the Slitherline Group give me some awesome assistance and all my registered game issues have been resolved!

Give Joe a Big Praise from the Midwest!

Thanks Joe!

Beta Tester for:
Flashpoint Campaigns: Sudden Storm
War in the East 1 & 2
WarPlan & WarPlan Pacific
Valor & Victory
DG CWIE 2
SPWW2 & SPMBT scenario creator

(in reply to DannyJim_slith)
Post #: 63
RE: Slitherine & Matrix Games get new Websites! - 8/15/2019 4:18:54 PM   
julianbarker

It looks like the download links now work for almost everything on my page, but Wolves at the Gate and FOG Empires are still missing and the game I am really keen to install (Command: Modern Air/Naval Operations) still produces the template rendering fault when I click on the File Downloads button so never get to the page where I can download anything.

BTW, I agree with the poster above re the layout and look of the site. I don't find it attractive or easy to navigate. The old list of games was much easier to find what you were looking for than the mass of logos and covers you get now. For example, all the FOG2 stuff looks the same as the game title can't be read, so the logos are useless and only make it harder to hunt out the text.

As for the front page, I have not tried buying anything yet but the way the games are laid out seems OK. But the News section has big logos that you cant see properly because a box of colour is planted on top, with text that is too small to read! I only noticed this was a news section as I decided to study the page. The old cycling of news was vry good as the changing images and text caught the eye.

(in reply to Zovs)
Post #: 64
RE: Slitherine & Matrix Games get new Websites! - 8/15/2019 4:23:56 PM   
julianbarker

Whilst playing around wit the site I discovered that clicking on CMAO to try and buy it generates this -

An exception has been thrown during the rendering of a template ("Some mandatory parameters are missing ("name") to generate a URL for route "app_member_myaccount_downloadfile".").

I have send this to support by email.

(in reply to julianbarker)
Post #: 65
RE: Slitherine & Matrix Games get new Websites! - 8/16/2019 1:58:20 AM   
twillis2

You seem to have either lost or hidden the list of news items and posts on many different games that heretofore occupied the bottom central part of the website. This was a highlight of my daily internet browsing. It was always a pleasure to read about problems, questions, new developments, or other member posts for different games. I don't think you realize this discussion helped familiarize me with the newer games and led to my purchasing several of them. This feature is sorely missed. Frankly the website is now little more than a catalog page bereft of any pleasure in the reading. In the immortal words of Ralphie on "The Christmas Story", "Hey it's a crummy commercial".

(in reply to IainMcNeil)
Post #: 66
RE: Slitherine & Matrix Games get new Websites! - 8/16/2019 2:40:21 AM   
RichG

Another comment: the storage page for a game no longer indicates when that game is also available on Steam.
Maybe that's intentional, but for some of us Steam is the preferred way to buy and / or can be a factor which influences a purchase decision.

(in reply to twillis2)
Post #: 67
RE: Slitherine & Matrix Games get new Websites! - 8/16/2019 9:45:06 AM   
IainMcNeil

The store pages should tell you if the game is on Steam. Looks like that's missing to. Oh the joys of web development...

Iain McNeil
Director
Matrix Games

(in reply to RichG)
Post #: 68
RE: Slitherine & Matrix Games get new Websites! - 8/16/2019 12:41:02 PM   
TommyLobster

All games prices on the homepage are shown as dollars, I'm sure they were previously shown as pounds here in the UK

(in reply to AlbertoC)
Post #: 69
RE: Slitherine & Matrix Games get new Websites! - 8/16/2019 1:35:11 PM   
gandalf0550

I which I had the same help. I still do not see FoGE on the web site and I have no response to my requests for help. I need to download the Update for FoGE to get multiplayer to work. The Update button on the Launcher gives me an error saying FTP did not load.

(in reply to julianbarker)
Post #: 70
RE: Slitherine & Matrix Games get new Websites! - 8/16/2019 3:13:40 PM   
IainMcNeil

We'll check on the launcher. Was not aware of any issues there but will check.

On the currency issue we need to add auto detection but if you change it now it will remember next time.

Iain McNeil
Director
Matrix Games

(in reply to gandalf0550)
Post #: 71
RE: Slitherine & Matrix Games get new Websites! - 8/16/2019 3:24:30 PM   
IainMcNeil

We cant see anything wrong with the updater so can you check your connection is good and give it another go.

Iain McNeil
Director
Matrix Games

(in reply to IainMcNeil)
Post #: 72
RE: Slitherine & Matrix Games get new Websites! - 8/16/2019 4:39:33 PM   
Wolfe1759

Just clicked on the big "Check the Catalog" (P.S. shouldn't that be Catalogue?) and the first page that comes up shows 21 products 15 of which are showing as discontinued, doesn't really seem to be the best way to encourage a purchase.

"In War: Resolution. In Defeat: Defiance. In Victory: Magnanimity. In Peace: Goodwill." - Winston Churchill

(in reply to IainMcNeil)
Post #: 73
RE: Slitherine & Matrix Games get new Websites! - 8/19/2019 3:22:05 PM   
IainMcNeil

Wolfe can you send a URL for that? I cant repeat the issue of discontinued games. We had it in beta but it got fixed.

Iain McNeil
Director
Matrix Games

(in reply to Wolfe1759)
Post #: 74
RE: Slitherine & Matrix Games get new Websites! - 8/19/2019 10:30:12 PM   
Wolfe1759

Still showing for me here https://www.matrixgames.com/inventory

First listings shown are:

Uncommon Valor - £17.99
Pacific War:Matrix Edition - Discontinued
War in Russia:Matrix Edition - Discontinued
Titans of Steel:Warring Suns - Discontinued

"In War: Resolution. In Defeat: Defiance. In Victory: Magnanimity. In Peace: Goodwill." - Winston Churchill

(in reply to IainMcNeil)
Post #: 75
RE: Slitherine & Matrix Games get new Websites! - 8/21/2019 8:24:34 AM   
IainMcNeil

Ah ok. How did you get there? I don't know what links to that. It is intended that you can get the discontinued games listed if you want. There is a drop down on the right where you select the setting. Different views default to different settings and I cant see where this view links to?

Iain McNeil
Director
Matrix Games

(in reply to Wolfe1759)
Post #: 76
RE: Slitherine & Matrix Games get new Websites! - 8/21/2019 12:12:29 PM   
RichG

Iain - one small thing the pedant in me just noticed.

The reply button for support tickets says "Replay".

(in reply to IainMcNeil)
Post #: 77
RE: Slitherine & Matrix Games get new Websites! - 8/21/2019 3:59:56 PM   
Wolfe1759

quote:

ORIGINAL: IainMcNeil

Ah ok. How did you get there? I don't know what links to that. It is intended that you can get the discontinued games listed if you want. There is a drop down on the right where you select the setting. Different views default to different settings and I cant see where this view links to?

From the Home page, clicked on the large Check the Catalog box (3rd row down on the Home page next to More News).

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by Wolfe1759 -- 8/21/2019 4:01:57 PM >

(in reply to IainMcNeil)
Post #: 78
RE: Slitherine & Matrix Games get new Websites! - 8/22/2019 4:21:31 PM   
solops

quote:

ORIGINAL: twillis2

You seem to have either lost or hidden the list of news items and posts on many different games that heretofore occupied the bottom central part of the website. This was a highlight of my daily internet browsing. It was always a pleasure to read about problems, questions, new developments, or other member posts for different games. I don't think you realize this discussion helped familiarize me with the newer games and led to my purchasing several of them. This feature is sorely missed. Frankly the website is now little more than a catalog page bereft of any pleasure in the reading. In the immortal words of Ralphie on "The Christmas Story", "Hey it's a crummy commercial".

+1000
The new website is simply terrible - ugly, unfriendly and uninformative. My Matrix link is now directly to the forums as the website is useless.

All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.-Edmund Burke
Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women; if it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can save it.-Judge Learned Hand

(in reply to twillis2)
Post #: 79
RE: Slitherine & Matrix Games get new Websites! - 8/28/2019 10:53:26 AM   
sarjen

From the new website i can't login to MY PAGE. Tried it with Firefox and Chrome but both give me Server Error 500 after i tried to login.

(in reply to solops)
Post #: 80
RE: Slitherine & Matrix Games get new Websites! - 8/28/2019 7:00:47 PM   
sarjen

Now i get this:

Argument 1 passed to Symfony\Component\Security\Core\Encoder\UserPasswordEncoder::isPasswordValid() must implement interface Symfony\Component\Security\Core\User\UserInterface, null given, called in /home/slitherine2018/slitherine2018/src/Security/SlitherineSameLoginFormAuthenticator.php on line 164

(in reply to sarjen)
Post #: 81
RE: Slitherine & Matrix Games get new Websites! - 8/29/2019 9:36:23 AM   
VPaulus

@sarjen

Please contact support[at]slitherine.co.uk

(in reply to sarjen)
Post #: 82
RE: Slitherine & Matrix Games get new Websites! - 8/29/2019 4:40:45 PM   
solops

Every time I look at the new website it just seems worse. How about putting a "Buy" button on the items for sale in your shop? You have an "Add to my wishlist" button, but no "Buy" button?!?!?! Clicking on the price is NOT intuitive.

PLEASE scrap the venture and go back to the old website, which was far more informative and did not waste space with useless pictures.

< Message edited by solops -- 8/29/2019 4:44:31 PM >

All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.-Edmund Burke
Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women; if it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can save it.-Judge Learned Hand

(in reply to VPaulus)
Post #: 83
RE: Slitherine & Matrix Games get new Websites! - 9/5/2019 12:30:08 PM   
kool_kat

Gents:

Echoing an earlier comment, the redesigned site is underwhelming.

* Graphics and animation replace a previous intuitive and clean interface.
* Key URLs (e.g. New releases and Forums) are buried one layer down from landing page.
* The critical Search Function is buried two layers down from the landing page.
* Advance Search menu options change dependent on whether users are on the "store" page or on the "search results" page.
* Search result items do not sort correctly. (e.g. Tigers on the Hunt and its DLCs are not grouped together after one searches by Timeline.)
* Landing Page confusing - especially for first time users. What are users suppose to do? Search and peck at items? Read news? What?
* There is a claustrophobic and "riding on the rails" feeling when navigating these Web pages. I want to do "X" but can't because the designers are forcing me down a "Y" specific path with multiple steps to get there.

Please redo this Website!

< Message edited by kool_kat -- 9/5/2019 12:36:17 PM >

Regards, - Mike

"You have to learn the rules of the game. And then you have to play better than anyone else." - Albert Einstein

(in reply to loki100)
Post #: 84
RE: Slitherine & Matrix Games get new Websites! - 9/5/2019 2:47:35 PM   
Zovs

So everything has been working fine until today.

After I logged in to Matrix main site and then clicked my page the screen turns white with red letters saying:

Oops! An Error Occurred

The server returned a "500 Internal Server Error".

Something is broken. Please let us know what you were doing when this error occurred. We will fix it as soon as possible. Sorry for any in convenience caused.

Beta Tester for:
Flashpoint Campaigns: Sudden Storm
War in the East 1 & 2
WarPlan & WarPlan Pacific
Valor & Victory
DG CWIE 2
SPWW2 & SPMBT scenario creator

(in reply to kool_kat)
Post #: 85
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 [3]
All Forums >> [General] >> Press Releases, News and Events from Matrix >> RE: Slitherine & Matrix Games get new Websites! Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI