Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Performance issue

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Armored Brigade >> Armored Brigade: Tech Support Forum >> Performance issue Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Performance issue - 3/17/2019 11:09:56 AM   
Bivoj_MatrixForum

After the 1.006 patch, I am experiencing performance issues (the game used to run smoothly before the patch). The game "stutters" - as it I scroll around the map or as I see unit movement, units firing etc., but as I run performance monitor, the CPU, HDD or memory utilisation is below 50%.

Intel i7 4.00GHz
GeForce GTZ 1060 6GB
8GB RAM

Latest nVidia driver
I tried to reboot the system and run the game > not helping.
Post #: 1
RE: Performance issue - 3/17/2019 4:53:01 PM   
CapnDarwin

Did this happen with updating to 1.006 or after the latest Windows update? The latest windows update has been linked to gaming related issues. Updating to the new "hotfix" or rolling back may be an option. Are other games having issues as well?

OTS is looking forward to Southern Storm getting released!

Cap'n Darwin aka Jim Snyder
On Target Simulations LLC

(in reply to Bivoj_MatrixForum)
Post #: 2
RE: Performance issue - 3/17/2019 8:59:17 PM   
Bivoj_MatrixForum

It may be the Windows update. I haven't played the game for a while (reasons explained in another section of this forum). I just wanted to try the game after the patch now, but it may be caused by something else as I did not playe the game last few weeks. Any hint how to solve it?

(in reply to CapnDarwin)
Post #: 3
RE: Performance issue - 3/20/2019 3:40:04 AM   
nikolas93TS

Something like that happens to me if Windows session is open for several days, or if CPU is under really extreme load. But as your said, you rebooted the system so it must be something else.

Since we haven't changed nothing "under the hood" in the latest patch, Windows update might be the most likely culprit.

Post #: 4
RE: Performance issue - 3/31/2019 6:06:06 PM   
JoonasTo

I can confirm I had the same exact issue for a while but updating to the latest windows update released yesterday fixed it.

No other game on my computer was affected, only armored brigade.

(in reply to nikolas93TS)
Post #: 5
RE: Performance issue - 4/3/2019 10:54:31 AM   
Bivoj_MatrixForum

Same here - after the last Windows update, the issue cease to occur. Everything fine now.

(in reply to JoonasTo)
Post #: 6
RE: Performance issue - 9/10/2019 8:52:47 PM   
Bivoj_MatrixForum

I have installed the Beta patch 1.036 and the old game "stutters" issue is back:(

The game mechanics are now making the game finally playable for me (the stacking limit was so annoying, that I was not able to enjoy playing), but the performance is killing it...

Post #: 7
RE: Performance issue - 9/11/2019 10:31:46 AM   
Veitikka

I had the same 'stuttering' issue now, and the latest Windows update fixed it. Perhaps Windows OpenGL support follows behind DirectX, because OpenGL is not a Microsoft product. Just a thought.

Know thyself!

Post #: 8
RE: Performance issue - 9/14/2019 5:36:13 PM   
Bivoj_MatrixForum

quote:

ORIGINAL: Veitikka

I had the same 'stuttering' issue now, and the latest Windows update fixed it. Perhaps Windows OpenGL support follows behind DirectX, because OpenGL is not a Microsoft product. Just a thought.

Same here - the issue is solved. Finally, I can enjoy the game! The multiple units stacking is so huge improvement in gameplay. Thanks!

(in reply to Veitikka)
Post #: 9
RE: Performance issue - 8/12/2020 2:32:01 AM   
ReginaldoVitt

Sorry for resurrecting an old thread. I'm having this issue myself. The title screen's fade-in and pan seem to go at 15 fps, while the zoom and pan on the game map itself lurch roughly from view to view. I've tried restarting the computer, updating my drivers, disabling the Nvidia overlay, and disabling the terrain-texture load, to no avail. Will I just have to wait to see whether the next Windows 10 update fixes the issue? Thanks!

Post #: 10
RE: Performance issue - 8/13/2020 12:50:39 AM   
ReginaldoVitt

Windows 10 updated today. Now it works fine. It's too bad it's nothing I can fix, but I'm glad a fix is always on the way. Now to get rolling across the Finnish swamps!

(in reply to ReginaldoVitt)
Post #: 11
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Armored Brigade >> Armored Brigade: Tech Support Forum >> Performance issue Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI