Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

How to rename the TF number?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> How to rename the TF number? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
How to rename the TF number? - 9/12/2019 4:17:05 PM   
Irenicus945

Hi,

Just a quick question here:
Is there any way to rename the TF number?
For example, I am trying to group my carrier air strike TF from TF11 to TF19 and BB TF as TF30 to TF40.

Thanks a lot!
Post #: 1
RE: How to rename the TF number? - 9/12/2019 4:53:06 PM   
BillBrown

There is not, it would have been a useful thing, but such is life.

(in reply to Irenicus945)
Post #: 2
RE: How to rename the TF number? - 9/12/2019 5:00:45 PM   
geofflambert

You can give the TF a name, and that will show up in some places. I sometimes name a TF after the commander.

(in reply to BillBrown)
Post #: 3
RE: How to rename the TF number? - 9/12/2019 5:20:18 PM   
Kull

quote:

ORIGINAL: Irenicus945

Hi,

Just a quick question here:
Is there any way to rename the TF number?
For example, I am trying to group my carrier air strike TF from TF11 to TF19 and BB TF as TF30 to TF40.

Thanks a lot!

You can get there eventually, but it takes a while for the Allies since the Japanese start the game owning most of the "low number" TFs (i.e they are already assigned).

That said, as the weeks progress, most of those numbers will become available. Once that happens, create 1-ship TFs in a port like Aden or Capetown which can "hold" that TF number for you to use later (assuming you don't have existing Carrier or BB TFs that can use it immediately).

Once that is done, using the number is easy. Simply disband the 1-ship TF and create a new BB/CV TF and it will use the desired number, since the game automatically assigns the lowest available number to all new TFs.

Assigning a new (lower) number to existing TFs is also easy. Just go into the TF screen and click the "Form new TF" button and it will create a new TF with the available lower number, and then just move all your ships from the old TF to the new.

(in reply to Irenicus945)
Post #: 4
RE: How to rename the TF number? - 9/12/2019 5:45:31 PM   
geofflambert

Make as many TFs as you can patrolling harbors so that when the other side creates a new one, the number will be in the mid hundreds. I wonder if the game allows four digit TF numbers?

(in reply to Kull)
Post #: 5
RE: How to rename the TF number? - 9/12/2019 8:04:21 PM   
Kull

quote:

ORIGINAL: geofflambert

Make as many TFs as you can patrolling harbors so that when the other side creates a new one, the number will be in the mid hundreds. I wonder if the game allows four digit TF numbers?

I doubt it. Open a scenario in the editor, and the numbering sequence effectively starts at 8001 (Kido Butai) and finishes at 8499. The 499 is not a hard limit, as I've got a TF 769 in my current game, but perhaps the invisible 4th digit (8***) would conflict with the ability to have a visible 4th digit in-game (1***+)

(in reply to geofflambert)
Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> How to rename the TF number? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI