Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> 1945 Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
1945 - 9/13/2019 3:54:58 AM   
Tom K

Have been playing and enjoying this "to the bitter end" version of WiTE for 2 years now, takes a while between work and family! The Germans have most of European Russia and the big 4, Moscow, Leningrad, Stalingrad and the Entire Caucaus region. But what of the war with the western allies? I do not imagine the Germans on the Volga while Patton is advancing on Berlin! Is something built into the game accounting for a much slower war in the west or? BTW all my allies are still in the game with the exception of Italy. Would really appreciate hearing some answer on this, Thank you.
Post #: 1
RE: 1945 - 9/13/2019 8:15:05 AM   
xhoel

AFAIR there is no such mechanism. The advance of the Western Allies continues normally no matter what the situation is on the Eastern Front. It is not very realistic but that will change once WitE2 comes out.

If you want to simulate the Western Allies advance and spice things up, you can implement some house rules on your units in the East eg pull some of them back (to send them west) or disband some of them (to simulate moving manpower to the other front).

Cheers!

AAR WITW: Gotterdammerung 43-45
http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=4490035
AAR WITE: A Clash of Titans 41-45
http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=4488465
WitE 2 Tester and Test Coordinator

(in reply to Tom K)
Post #: 2
RE: 1945 - 9/13/2019 10:11:38 PM   
Brandon_37

There is no feature because the allied advance is historical no matter what, I believe they have some advancing for the allies if you survive after may 8th but its still unchangeable. If you want to make the game more difficult, you can put divisions on 100% TOE, and put them in areas where they wont protect areas from paratroopers or partisans or breakthroughs, and they wont garrison and cities, so they are effectively useless and it is the equivalent of sending them west.

(in reply to Tom K)
Post #: 3
RE: 1945 - 9/29/2019 10:52:14 PM   
Zemke

What happened to the Russian Army!

"Actions Speak Louder than Words"

(in reply to Brandon_37)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> 1945 Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI