Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Advanced 3rd Reich Variant

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Strategic Command Series >> Strategic Command WWII War in Europe >> Advanced 3rd Reich Variant Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Advanced 3rd Reich Variant - 9/17/2019 1:49:58 AM   
Spudsie74

Where can I get a copy of the "house rules" for this scenario? It is a lot of fun, but it appears there are event triggers that I am missing.
Post #: 1
RE: Advanced 3rd Reich Variant - 9/17/2019 4:08:46 PM   
pzgndr

Are you referring to my Advanced Third Reich mod? Not sure what you mean by house rules, but the mod has plenty of variant events that are randomly triggered.

(in reply to Spudsie74)
Post #: 2
RE: Advanced 3rd Reich Variant - 9/17/2019 4:23:49 PM   
Spudsie74

Yes, I meant your A3R Mod. Very well done. I just wondered if there was a list of what worked different/the same from the original game. For example, 3rd Reich handles Malta & Gibraltar somewhat differently than SC3. I was just wondering what is different in this mod, other than the look. Of course, if we're not supposed to know... :)

(in reply to pzgndr)
Post #: 3
RE: Advanced 3rd Reich Variant - 9/17/2019 5:23:49 PM   
pzgndr

No comprehensive list per se. There is a Design Notes document with helpful info. And there should be a diplomacy appendix that covers stuff. But for all of the variants? No. You could pull up the units event scripts and search for "Variant" to see what triggers. You'll find Z-Plan extra fleet for Germany and US transfers fleets from Pacific variants, like in the boardgame. But there's a lot more like extra HQs and other stuff for each side. Plus AI gets some extra stuff to make it challenging. Just too much to list. You'll just have to explore and find out! ;)

(in reply to Spudsie74)
Post #: 4
RE: Advanced 3rd Reich Variant - 9/18/2019 12:48:19 AM   
Spudsie74

Found the notes! Much thanks...it is a great scenario (I like the original a lot too). I used to be addicted to Advanced 3rd Reich. Looks like a relapse is in the works. I am having a blast with your scenario.

(in reply to pzgndr)
Post #: 5
RE: Advanced 3rd Reich Variant - 9/21/2019 11:34:45 PM   
pzgndr

Let us know how it goes. Comments and suggestions are still welcome. I am considering another update v1.3 to make a few more minor adjustments as needed. There is one bug I corrected, and I want to change Palestine and Trans-Jordan back to being separate countries. There may be other adjustments worth making.

(in reply to Spudsie74)
Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Strategic Command Series >> Strategic Command WWII War in Europe >> Advanced 3rd Reich Variant Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI