Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Generate a Campaign always ends up with US Forces Defending East Side of Path

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Armored Brigade >> Generate a Campaign always ends up with US Forces Defending East Side of Path Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Generate a Campaign always ends up with US Forces Defen... - 9/21/2019 11:13:12 PM   
Combatengineerjrgmail

Whenever I generate a campaign after all is done the Soviet AI forces are attacking from West to East along the path of sectors I created. Any one help me out?

Attachment (1)
Post #: 1
RE: Generate a Campaign always ends up with US Forces D... - 9/22/2019 12:06:59 AM   
exsonic01

If you intended a defensive campaign with delaying / screening objective, then it is not be possible for current system as far as I know. Check my old post.
http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/fb.asp?m=4631451

Hopefully I wish they introduce more layers, options, and freedoms for campaign generation in the future.

< Message edited by exsonic01 -- 9/22/2019 12:07:41 AM >

(in reply to Combatengineerjrgmail)
Post #: 2
RE: Generate a Campaign always ends up with US Forces D... - 9/22/2019 4:24:05 AM   
nikolas93TS

I assume you started from easternmost point and draw the campaigning westwards.

If you want to create "defensive" campaign, you need to draw it from the west if you want to take that side, and then go to campaign.xml and change "startLocation" very close to one end of the campaign path (let's say you have 10 battles, that would be number 9 or 10) plus give Soviets an overwhelming point bonus. You are supposed to lose, or at least withdrawal in order to fall back.

That is an extemporary solution, as we first need to add additional mission types and victory conditions for more variety (like delay, etc.) in order to have proper "defensive" campaigns. That is likely the next development step (at least I am pushing for it).

(in reply to exsonic01)
Post #: 3
RE: Generate a Campaign always ends up with US Forces D... - 9/22/2019 4:14:46 PM   
Combatengineerjrgmail

Sounds like the easiest thing to do is just play the Soviets\WP. Thanks.

(in reply to nikolas93TS)
Post #: 4
RE: Generate a Campaign always ends up with US Forces D... - 9/22/2019 5:42:51 PM   
exsonic01

quote:

ORIGINAL: nikolas93TS
That is an extemporary solution, as we first need to add additional mission types and victory conditions for more variety (like delay, etc.) in order to have proper "defensive" campaigns. That is likely the next development step (at least I am pushing for it).

Exactly. Additional mission types and various victory conditions are all we want. For such defensive campaigns, time should be the most important factor. If AB introduce time victory condition, such as "defend at least 3 VPs upto 2 hr" and give 1:3 unit point difference, then it will be much better "screening mission" for such defensive campaign. Also, if civilian damage is included in the mode, that would be great as well.

Such new mission types and victory conditions (civilian damage amount, evacuation or penetration (move all units to specific area across the map), time limit, and etc...) will enable "story-line campaign" based on current dynamic campaign system.

Plus, if building & infrastructure damage is introduced in the far future, maybe it would be possible to introduce new victory condition of defending specific bridge or specific building, overall city damage or etc...

For such game, sometimes, it might be better to introduce different point cap for unit purchase and fire support / airstrike purchase. Fur defensive campaign, limiting point limit for unit purchase but allow more fire support point limit would make game more realistic. In my old army days, sometimes such conditions were really in the exercise scenario list. (defend 2+ Bn enemy only with 1 company, but with regimental fire support platoons + all regiment & division artillery support) But this is still possible with current system, so this will depends on dev's opinion.

(in reply to nikolas93TS)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Armored Brigade >> Generate a Campaign always ends up with US Forces Defending East Side of Path Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI