Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Pillboxes firing bug?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Lock ‘n Load: Heroes of Stalingrad >> Mods and Scenarios >> Pillboxes firing bug? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Pillboxes firing bug? - 9/30/2019 1:18:33 AM   
Bulldog1

Some of the pillboxes in many of the different Omaha scenarios fire continuously each turn which makes game unplayable which is a real shame . For example, playing Omaha Easy Green and MG 42 pillbox in D7 continues to fire each turn until there is nothing left to shoot at. Is this a bug from core game or something that can be tweaked in mod settings. I have version 1.10 and all scenarios work great except for Omaha pillboxes.
Post #: 1
RE: Pillboxes firing bug? - 9/30/2019 7:03:46 PM   
asl3d

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bulldog1

Some of the pillboxes in many of the different Omaha scenarios fire continuously each turn which makes game unplayable which is a real shame . For example, playing Omaha Easy Green and MG 42 pillbox in D7 continues to fire each turn until there is nothing left to shoot at. Is this a bug from core game or something that can be tweaked in mod settings. I have version 1.10 and all scenarios work great except for Omaha pillboxes.

Hello Bulldog1,

Remember that a Pillbox is a Fortification counter which has some of the characteristics of the vehicles. Operationally, a Pillbox is a vehicle with turret, without movement capacity, with a large armor, and located in a bunker hex with a strong protection by terrain effect (TEM).

Regarding the Tobruk 7.92mm HMG 42, I remember that in the design phase this pillbox had the ability to shoot 2 times, but in reality it did not stop shooting, as you have detected. I solved this problem by taking away that "two shots" property, and leaving it as a single-shot vehicle, like the rest of the pillboxes.

If you now continue to suffer this defect, it's likely that you have not installed the latest version of the Excel file "Units". This file can be found in the scenarios thread.

Semper fidelis

(in reply to Bulldog1)
Post #: 2
RE: Pillboxes firing bug? - 10/1/2019 1:24:37 AM   
Bulldog1

So, I'm using ChinChin latest .04 counter mod which contains the Units.csv file dated 3/21/2019. Yes, I have the pillbox MG bug with this file. Your latest Units.csv file dated 4/25/19 fixes that (nice) except the counter graphics disappear for all pillboxes and landing craft. They are black boxes instead of counters. Do you have a solution or do we need another upgrade from ChinChin to catch up with your latest changes. Thank you for your patience...

(in reply to Bulldog1)
Post #: 3
RE: Pillboxes firing bug? - 10/1/2019 5:51:08 PM   
asl3d

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bulldog1

So, I'm using ChinChin latest .04 counter mod which contains the Units.csv file dated 3/21/2019. Yes, I have the pillbox MG bug with this file. Your latest Units.csv file dated 4/25/19 fixes that (nice) except the counter graphics disappear for all pillboxes and landing craft. They are black boxes instead of counters. Do you have a solution or do we need another upgrade from ChinChin to catch up with your latest changes. Thank you for your patience...

OK, Bulldog1, I understand the problem.

Surely what you say is happening. I don't know how CHINCHIN has modified my original "units.csv" file. This would explain that "the counter graphics disappear for all pillboxes and landing craft."

I think it is best that CHINCHIN perform "another upgrade from CHINCHIN to catch up with your latest changes."

CHINCHIN:

The change you have to make is on line 405: "405,German,Vehicle,Wehrmacht Tobruk 7.92mm HMG 42,4,14,*,6,,546,127,3,1,280,127,127,4,14,*,6,,,,,0,,,FX/Maxim_MG_01,FX/Maxim_MG_02,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,4,14,,,,,,,,,,,,,6,6,6,6,1,1,,546,4,1,65,,,,y,,,,,,"

Specifically, the old file has a "y" just in front of the armor factors: "... ,4,14,,,,,,,,,,,,y,6,6, ..."

Just delete this "y": "... ,4,14,,,,,,,,,,,,,6,6, ..."

< Message edited by asl3d -- 10/5/2019 5:18:01 PM >

Semper fidelis

(in reply to Bulldog1)
Post #: 4
RE: Pillboxes firing bug? - 10/9/2019 12:40:59 PM   
CHINCHIN

Hello everyone!

Sorry for the delay. I've been a long time out of the forum.

Asl3d, do you work directly with the .csv? I do it with the .xls, much easier to handle, and then I convert it to .csv format.
Is the column "BK" (Heat-Two Shots)?

(in reply to asl3d)
Post #: 5
RE: Pillboxes firing bug? - 10/9/2019 6:22:13 PM   
asl3d

quote:

ORIGINAL: CHINCHIN

Hello everyone!

Sorry for the delay. I've been a long time out of the forum.

Asl3d, do you work directly with the .csv? I do it with the .xls, much easier to handle, and then I convert it to .csv format.
Is the column "BK" (Heat-Two Shots)?

Hello CHINCHIN,

Not, not.

I do the same as you. I work first with ".xls" file and then convert it to ".cvs" format.

Correct, it's the "BK" column (Heat-Two Shots).

Thank you very much for your help, once again.

By the way, two new Historical Modules are coming: "Partizani" and "Grossdeutschland". I hope you like them!

Semper fidelis

(in reply to CHINCHIN)
Post #: 6
RE: Pillboxes firing bug? - 10/10/2019 7:57:09 AM   
CHINCHIN

Ok. File modified!

http://bit.ly/33jj80S

Overwrite in:
C: \ Matrix Games \ Lock n Load Heroes and Leaders mod \ Heroes and Leaders mod

Very good looking, but lately I left the game, I do not have time for everything.

(in reply to asl3d)
Post #: 7
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Lock ‘n Load: Heroes of Stalingrad >> Mods and Scenarios >> Pillboxes firing bug? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI