Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Won't start can't connect to the internet

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Close Combat – The Bloody First >> Close Combat: The Bloody First - Tech Support Forum >> Won't start can't connect to the internet Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Won't start can't connect to the internet - 10/3/2019 3:02:50 PM   
RGWatson

Guess I'm the first one to post here..I can't start the game it gets to where it tries to connect to the internet and crashes,,,Tried blocking it in my fire wall same issue..My internet is working just fine Tried the autorun and the exe directly
Post #: 1
RE: Won't start can't connect to the internet - 10/3/2019 3:24:01 PM   
zakblood

site version for a guess?

did you install as admin and run the game as admin?

Matrix

How to get a DirectX Diagnostic file:

1. click on "START"
2. click "run"
3. type in "dxdiag" and click "OK"
4. check through the tabs and perform all tests
5. click "Save all Information..." and save the text file to a location of your choice

We prefer that DxDiag files be posted as message attachments rather than pasted into the body of the post.

once the report has been made, just attach it to your post as it's a Txt file which is then permitted to attach to the forum.

(in reply to RGWatson)
Post #: 2
RE: Won't start can't connect to the internet - 10/3/2019 3:56:51 PM   
RGWatson

Zak installed and ran as admin..didn't install to the default folder C:\Program files or what ever it was still same error..

Attachment (1)

(in reply to zakblood)
Post #: 3
RE: Won't start can't connect to the internet - 10/3/2019 4:05:24 PM   
IainMcNeil

Some virus checker programs can cause issues so maybe try disabling it temporarily or adding an exception to let it run TBF.

Iain McNeil
Director
Matrix Games

(in reply to RGWatson)
Post #: 4
RE: Won't start can't connect to the internet - 10/3/2019 4:55:55 PM   
RGWatson

Ian first thing I tried was disabling my anti virus..and my firewall Everything is working fine until now

(in reply to IainMcNeil)
Post #: 5
RE: Won't start can't connect to the internet - 10/3/2019 5:17:32 PM   
zakblood

you need to add a exception to the antivirus or firewall for it to connect to work to setup the online part of the game, depending on what AV and firewall you use, installing as admin and running as admin normally sets this part up for you, if it doesn't, then you will need to add a manual exception to run to whatever is blocking it, once done the game will work fine and never needs to be online unless if you wish to play online or update it etc

(in reply to RGWatson)
Post #: 6
RE: Won't start can't connect to the internet - 10/3/2019 5:20:36 PM   
zakblood

if you use a poor antivirus, like the older free ones (panda, avira, avast, avg etc, some are useless with games, but depending on which one your using, just go to the site of the makers and see or google and put how to add a manual exception to the firewall or combination firewall / antivirus package your using then once this is done, the game will work as normal

(in reply to zakblood)
Post #: 7
RE: Won't start can't connect to the internet - 10/3/2019 6:31:41 PM   
RGWatson

Zak I was using windows AV and I disabled it and the firewall service and still no go..Tried unplugging my modem same result It's driving me crazy all the other CC games run fine here as well as my other war games ,,Just sad to wait so long and have a mess like this Shame i bought it at Matrix to support them if I went to Steam I could have at least returned it

(in reply to zakblood)
Post #: 8
RE: Won't start can't connect to the internet - 10/3/2019 6:45:18 PM   
zakblood

i'm using the site and steam version, also use the default windows AV and firewall on both pc's, with no errors.

tested it using a default windows install, and a none default windows install, to a different location etc, both times run the installer as admin on a full admin account, no errors

right click install as admin, right click run as admin, no errors, can't replicate the error your getting, so can't recommend an option on what to do next, uninstall and wipe the install folder clean and doc folder and retry is my suggestion and if that doesn't help,. contact staff support who may give a different answer and reply

(in reply to RGWatson)
Post #: 9
RE: Won't start can't connect to the internet - 10/3/2019 6:57:31 PM   
VPaulus

Try also installing the game in a different folder, outside Program Files (x86) folder.

(in reply to zakblood)
Post #: 10
RE: Won't start can't connect to the internet - 10/3/2019 7:14:11 PM   
RGWatson

I'm installing it to C:\Wargames CC Bloody 1st

(in reply to VPaulus)
Post #: 11
RE: Won't start can't connect to the internet - 10/3/2019 7:34:18 PM   
RGWatson

Don't know if it helps but here's an error log

(in reply to RGWatson)
Post #: 12
RE: Won't start can't connect to the internet - 10/3/2019 8:05:45 PM   
RGWatson

Think I've found a work around,,unplug my internet and launch it ..Then I get a black screen but ESC loads the game much like the earlier versions..No worries there if I'm gaming I'm not surfing at least I can play a war game I've been waiting for ever for..Don't understand why it has to connect to the internet when starting ,,That never was a requirement before ..Maybe it can be by passed in a future patch..But seeing as how I'm the only one with the issue it probably won't Now time to chew some sand in Tunisia

(in reply to RGWatson)
Post #: 13
RE: Won't start can't connect to the internet - 10/3/2019 8:08:12 PM   
zakblood

it only needs to connect once to setup the online part once and for updates, after that it's not needed or used

i never saw the log, so also have no idea on why it didn't work either

(in reply to RGWatson)
Post #: 14
RE: Won't start can't connect to the internet - 10/3/2019 8:52:21 PM   
RGWatson

log

Attachment (1)

(in reply to zakblood)
Post #: 15
RE: Won't start can't connect to the internet - 10/3/2019 8:55:50 PM   
RGWatson

Working fine now Zak in windows and Steam with the internet connected..Very happy now !! Thanks for the help

(in reply to RGWatson)
Post #: 16
RE: Won't start can't connect to the internet - 10/4/2019 5:51:34 AM   
zakblood

no problem and glad your sorted, rather a odd one, as like all games here, the net access isn't needed at all, unless you wished to play online etc, so again no idea on why it fell over tbh

(in reply to RGWatson)
Post #: 17
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Close Combat – The Bloody First >> Close Combat: The Bloody First - Tech Support Forum >> Won't start can't connect to the internet Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI