Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Scharfschutze

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Close Combat – The Bloody First >> Scharfschutze Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Scharfschutze - 10/4/2019 9:20:02 PM   
boombox

Is it just me or are snipers still not worth to be picked? I mean, I know they are not the best sharpshooters in the world here, but seriously, shooting all 80 bullets into units on the open, most of them standing up at the time and not a single kill. And I'm not talking at like 300 or 500m range, if not 100m, a range from which I could hit in the kill area every ****ing time (Finnish army, received "sharpshooter" pin for 12/12) and that was with Iron sights on a semiautomatic, not a sniper rifle with scope

< Message edited by boombox -- 10/4/2019 9:26:56 PM >
Post #: 1
RE: Scharfschutze - 10/4/2019 9:29:13 PM   
SteveMcClaire

As the tool tip suggests, sharpshooters are mostly for spotting and harassing the enemy. A soldier can earn an "Expert Marksman" award that will make them a better shot and this can help but they're not meant to be getting kills left and right. I've been considering giving sharpshooters a situational accuracy and suppression boost -- say if they shoot before the enemy side spots the first of your units -- but that will need to wait a bit.

(in reply to boombox)
Post #: 2
RE: Scharfschutze - 10/4/2019 9:31:25 PM   
boombox

Also, Is there no ammo/weapon scrounging/looting either? I just crawled with my sniper with no ammo to dead friends, whom I know have the same type of ammo in their weapons and/or other weapons, but the unit does nothing but "loading"

(in reply to boombox)
Post #: 3
RE: Scharfschutze - 10/4/2019 9:32:06 PM   
ringoblood

Yup Steve's right there not for hunting there more for scouting. finding the enemy and relying the info back to troops, not killing.

(in reply to SteveMcClaire)
Post #: 4
RE: Scharfschutze - 10/4/2019 9:33:29 PM   
ringoblood

And no you cant loot enemy troops in CC games never could. Sorry.

(in reply to ringoblood)
Post #: 5
RE: Scharfschutze - 10/4/2019 9:33:34 PM   
boombox

quote:

ORIGINAL: Steve McClaire

As the tool tip suggests, sharpshooters are mostly for spotting and harassing the enemy. A soldier can earn an "Expert Marksman" award that will make them a better shot and this can help but they're not meant to be getting kills left and right. I've been considering giving sharpshooters a situational accuracy and suppression boost -- say if they shoot before the enemy side spots the first of your units -- but that will need to wait a bit.

Yes, I don't believe that they should be able to hit everything that moves and especially not something hidden behind a rock. But if an enemy is walking, not even running at a steady pace up a hill and you are behind them and they have not seen you, I would expect there to be a quite high chance of hitting them. Like it is for machine guns, it seems to me (I might be wrong, but)

Post #: 6
RE: Scharfschutze - 10/4/2019 9:34:36 PM   
wodin

Be cool if snipers were very dangerous to leaders and HQ units. Used to disrupt command and moral.

(in reply to ringoblood)
Post #: 7
RE: Scharfschutze - 10/4/2019 9:37:26 PM   
boombox

CC3 or CC2 you could loot friendlies and/or enemies, I do not remember which... Atleast I think so

(in reply to ringoblood)
Post #: 8
RE: Scharfschutze - 10/4/2019 10:10:02 PM   
GrdAdmiral

Actually in CC2 and CC3, if you ran out of ammo, you could move your unit to where you had dead or unconscious bodies and the game would automatically scavage ammo. But it had to be similar unit types.

Actually, that might be a nice addition to this version. :)

(in reply to ringoblood)
Post #: 9
RE: Scharfschutze - 10/4/2019 10:14:23 PM   
boombox

quote:

ORIGINAL: GrdAdmiral

Actually in CC2 and CC3, if you ran out of ammo, you could move your unit to where you had dead or unconscious bodies and the game would automatically scavage ammo. But it had to be similar unit types.

Actually, that might be a nice addition to this version. :)

Yeah, thats what I thought. But I remember for example the german sniper could scavenge from a rifle unit, as they use same rifles / calibre ammo

(in reply to GrdAdmiral)
Post #: 10
RE: Scharfschutze - 10/4/2019 10:41:44 PM   
SteveMcClaire

Soldiers will scavenge for ammo and some weapons. They will search casualties within 5m automatically once they're down to their last clip and men with broken weapons will look for something to replace it with. There is also some special case scavenging for a team facing a vehicle they can't kill and the team leader will look for friendly AT weapons within 5m.

Only basic enemy weapons (rifle, pistol, or SMG) can be scavenged.

Steve

(in reply to boombox)
Post #: 11
RE: Scharfschutze - 10/4/2019 10:50:32 PM   
boombox

Does this mean a sniper would scavenge ammo/weapon if I move it to a dead unit? Because I tried this earlier and he was just lying there on the ground doing nothing.

But hey! My sniper got his first kill on the 3rd mission! Hooray!

Post #: 12
RE: Scharfschutze - 10/4/2019 11:18:43 PM   
SteveMcClaire

If he was down to his last load of ammo (5 rounds for a K98) then yes he should have scavenged ammo off the friendly casualties, assuming there wasn't anything more urgent he needed to do.

Steve

(in reply to boombox)
Post #: 13
RE: Scharfschutze - 10/5/2019 7:32:42 AM   
tigercub

Aim in the game is very poor indeed! by just about everything!

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life

Post #: 14
RE: Scharfschutze - 10/5/2019 8:13:26 AM   
boombox

quote:

ORIGINAL: Steve McClaire

If he was down to his last load of ammo (5 rounds for a K98) then yes he should have scavenged ammo off the friendly casualties, assuming there wasn't anything more urgent he needed to do.

Steve

He was out of ammo completely and I moved him to some dead rifle squad. No enemies in sight, nobody shooting him, no moral issues, no pinned, healthy... No scavenging. I'll try again next time and will report

Post #: 15
RE: Scharfschutze - 10/5/2019 6:13:00 PM   
wodin

You say that but actually regarding small arms fire it feels much more realistic. We now have proper long firefights where alot of lead is fired before anyone is hit.

Saying that Snipers (though they should have low rate of fire), and AFV's and AT guns etc then common sense should prevail. So things like missing from close range shouldn't happen unless gunner is panicking.

quote:

ORIGINAL: tigercub

Aim in the game is very poor indeed! by just about everything!

(in reply to tigercub)
Post #: 16
RE: Scharfschutze - 10/6/2019 5:23:28 AM   
tigercub

small arms is not such a problem as it is closer to the real thing but tanks is a joke!

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life

(in reply to wodin)
Post #: 17
RE: Scharfschutze - 10/6/2019 5:51:30 AM   
wodin

I agree.

quote:

ORIGINAL: tigercub

small arms is not such a problem as it is closer to the real thing but tanks is a joke!

(in reply to tigercub)
Post #: 18
RE: Scharfschutze - 10/6/2019 8:04:30 AM   
STIENER

wow...so snipers aren't really snipers then are they.....they appear to be a useless spotter that cant get any kills but might suppress the enemy??? waste of a troop pick then isn't it? the point of Close Combat was to be realistic to a point wasn't it? this isn't even close to that then. so why not make the sniper more realistic so its worthy of being picked Steve? that couldn't be hard and theres going to be numerous patches in the coming weeks...so why not?

(in reply to wodin)
Post #: 19
RE: Scharfschutze - 10/6/2019 9:39:38 AM   
VonVolks

spotting enemy is a useful tool. Also sniper suppression is quite useful too.

But they arent some kind of "super soldier" that can single handedly slaughter an enemy squad in minutes.....

Also ammo / weapons scavenging is very useful in game especially in long drawn out slug fests, so it would be good if it worked properly....

(in reply to STIENER)
Post #: 20
RE: Scharfschutze - 10/6/2019 4:36:34 PM   
wolf14455

quote:

ORIGINAL: ringoblood

And no you cant loot enemy troops in CC games never could. Sorry.

But he tried to collect ammo from dead friendly troops with same type of ammo.

SwedeWolf

I was called Lill Sputnik (Little sputnik) as a baby in 58-59

(in reply to ringoblood)
Post #: 21
RE: Scharfschutze - 10/6/2019 7:41:42 PM   
STIENER

im not suggesting they be a super soldier...read the above posts.....but they should be a sniper and be able to kill soldiers accurately...that's what they do. if you want spotting us a a recon team...THATS WHAT THEY DO. other wise its a waste of a team pick and we wont use them....just like in all the other CC games.

(in reply to wolf14455)
Post #: 22
RE: Scharfschutze - 10/6/2019 8:29:35 PM   
hewwo

Hmmm I agree, on my entirely movie based expectation of what snipers do, I would expect them to be able to kill individuals at least occasionally.

(in reply to STIENER)
Post #: 23
RE: Scharfschutze - 10/6/2019 10:01:38 PM   
VonVolks

I would hope they will do. if used OK and in good situation. If they NEVER kill anyone that would indeed be weird.

(in reply to hewwo)
Post #: 24
RE: Scharfschutze - 10/7/2019 3:27:26 PM   
SteveMcClaire

quote:

ORIGINAL: STIENER
im not suggesting they be a super soldier...read the above posts.....but they should be a sniper and be able to kill soldiers accurately...that's what they do. if you want spotting us a a recon team...THATS WHAT THEY DO. other wise its a waste of a team pick and we wont use them....just like in all the other CC games.

'Sniper' in this case is a regular soldier who has been given a rifle with a scope. The game will pick the best shot it can (who is not the team leader or gunner) but these soldiers are not special forces.

(in reply to STIENER)
Post #: 25
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Close Combat – The Bloody First >> Scharfschutze Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI