Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Gatheway to Caen 1946 mod

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Close Combat Series >> Close Combat - Gateway to Caen >> Mods and Scenarios >> Gatheway to Caen 1946 mod Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Gatheway to Caen 1946 mod - 6/10/2014 2:27:57 PM   
Nomada_Firefox

Yes, I have started a new mod for this game and I go to add units from my 1946 mod. By the moment this is what I have added.

About editing the game, I have restored the blood with the soldier graphics file from Panthers in the Fog and I have seen how perhaps the game has a limitation with the amount of vehicle graphics because when I add more of 124, the game does not give a error but it does not show them. It is bad but not too bad because the original GTC has a lot of duplicated vehicles and I do not need more of one type for each vehicle.

Other changes will be the amount of soldiers at teams and how work some of these teams as by example the snipers.

About the new vehicles, I´m upgrading them with a similar size to the original vehicles from GTC. I will replace icons and more, probably I will add some sounds but I do not want add new battlegroups.

For the administrators of the forum, sorry if I have published it in the wrong site but there is not a modding section for this game. For the creators of the game, after more of 4 years without touch the CC games, I have returned to them thanks to you. It is curious because I started criticizing this game but I have changed my mind because it is fun. Good work.

< Message edited by Nomada_Firefox -- 6/10/2014 3:31:49 PM >
Post #: 1
RE: Gatheway to Caen 1946 mod - 6/11/2014 12:10:17 PM   
Platoon_Michael

Nice,
One suggestion?

Maybe,just maybe shade the new Vehicles just a little to match what's in game?
They just seem a little too shiny.

I'd also love to know how the FPools and the UnitStructure work?Are you getting a good understanding of that part?
Are you using the PiFT workbook as a guide?

(in reply to Nomada_Firefox)
Post #: 2
RE: Gatheway to Caen 1946 mod - 6/11/2014 1:20:50 PM   
Nomada_Firefox

quote:

Maybe,just maybe shade the new Vehicles just a little to match what's in game?

It is not neccesary because I go to replace all the original vehicles and at the end, all them will look equal. But yes, if I find some of time, I can make a bit darker.

quote:

I'd also love to know how the FPools and the UnitStructure work?Are you getting a good understanding of that part?
Are you using the PiFT workbook as a guide?

Yes I use the Panthers in the Fog workbook as a guide and by the moment, I have not found nothing different in the data. The unique point from PTIF and GTC, it is how you must edit everything slower than at other CC games, copy and paste is a bad idea because the previous CC had thousands of errors in data, specially the mods and the new game recognize these errors. At the end, you must test each change but it is fun.

About the FPools and the UnitStructure, they have not secrets. In the fpools you can see the companies from each battlegroup and the percentages which they will give you the amount of them at each battlegroup. The UnitStructure is more complex,probably a complete mess because there are companies formed by other companies (the subteams) and companies formed by normal teams, you must recognize both.

As a special recomendation, be careful adding new lines in the fpools file, it is the most critical from all and if you make a mistake, the game will not load.

(in reply to Platoon_Michael)
Post #: 3
RE: Gatheway to Caen 1946 mod - 6/12/2014 12:28:03 PM   
Nomada_Firefox

Well this is the last stuff added. The StuH 42 and the replace of the allied air strikes by 4 new. I know, it does not look super good but at this moment I have not better graphics. You'll notice is that the planes do not have shadow, this is fast mod and I do not go to lose 1000 years making it, I have removed them. When I made the 1946 mod, I did not add the airplane shadows and now I will not add them. Of course I'll replace all vehicles. There will be some new company of tanks but most of them will be support vehicles, there will be changes and some new infantry units. The americans will be mixed with the UK battlegroups as optional units. With luck probably I will add the american`s voices.

About the fpools, I do not like the new system but I find easier and faster edit them.

On the other hand, I still think that the AI ​​is not bad. In the CC5, an allied group like this with 7 tanks would destroy these Germans easily, here the allies are destroyed.

Post #: 4
RE: Gatheway to Caen 1946 mod - 6/13/2014 4:32:17 PM   
Nomada_Firefox

Well, I have been working at the icons for the new units, it is not bad, I like these new icons. Other changes made today are the sounds and probably I will update the images from air planes.

Post #: 5
RE: Gatheway to Caen 1946 mod - 6/13/2014 5:06:57 PM   
sprior

Don't forget the Centurions

"Grown ups are what's left when skool is finished."
"History started badly and hav been geting steadily worse."
- Nigel Molesworth.

Post #: 6
RE: Gatheway to Caen 1946 mod - 6/13/2014 6:13:42 PM   
SU1941

Hello Nomada, it is possible to download the blood sprites? It is so hard to Play without it because you dont know who is dead and who not .. many thanks

(in reply to sprior)
Post #: 7
RE: Gatheway to Caen 1946 mod - 6/13/2014 7:07:39 PM   
zakblood

nice mod, thanks for the shots and work, looks great

(in reply to SU1941)
Post #: 8
RE: Gatheway to Caen 1946 mod - 6/13/2014 9:56:11 PM   
Nomada_Firefox

quote:

ORIGINAL: SU1941

Hello Nomada, it is possible to download the blood sprites? It is so hard to Play without it because you dont know who is dead and who not .. many thanks

You can find them in the game Panthers in the Fog and perhaps it will be added again in the first patch from GTC.

(in reply to SU1941)
Post #: 9
RE: Gatheway to Caen 1946 mod - 6/19/2014 11:20:23 PM   
Nomada_Firefox

Well, here I have another big update. Today I have many changes. I have added new nations as the americans and polands, I have not made nothing from polands by the moment but I will add some units from them. From the americans, I have added several vehicles, all them very interesting.

The most curious is probably the T34 Calliope by its rocket launcher and how it runs in the game. It is similar to one mortar but it fires 60 rockets at 60 rounds from 10 rockets, after it, it has a long reload time..

Another vehicles added are the T28, T26 Super Persing, T26 Persing, M18, M36B1, M36, M12, Cromwell 95mm, Challenger and the M24. All them very interesting.

Other changes are the sounds and the voices from nations. At other point, I will not add german vehicles from SS, all them will be just german vehicles. I have not graphics for all and the game does not support a big amount of vehicles, there are some limitations.

Post #: 10
RE: Gatheway to Caen 1946 mod - 6/20/2014 11:27:07 PM   
Nomada_Firefox

I have added a few units more.

Post #: 11
RE: Gatheway to Caen 1946 mod - 6/28/2014 7:25:30 PM   
STIENER

interesting mod. where are you getting your tank data from? like armour thickness and penetrations and accuracie numbers?

Post #: 12
RE: Gatheway to Caen 1946 mod - 6/29/2014 4:00:13 AM   
Nomada_Firefox

quote:

ORIGINAL: STIENER

interesting mod. where are you getting your tank data from? like armour thickness and penetrations and accuracie numbers?

From my previous mods for other CC games.

(in reply to STIENER)
Post #: 13
RE: Gatheway to Caen 1946 mod - 7/4/2014 12:39:12 PM   
Nomada_Firefox

Some news here, I have added some new units and I have made several changes. By example I have replaced the Sherman V/ II by Sherman A375/ A376 and these units are americans with their voices and more.

More news and screenshots at my site http://firefoxccmods.com/

Post #: 14
RE: Gatheway to Caen 1946 mod - 7/14/2014 12:10:38 AM   
Nomada_Firefox

These are the last updates. I have started to replace the battlegroups by others and I´m making the companies a bit different. Probably the main change is the amount of vehicles at one battle, probably it will not be bigger than 7 by battlegroup. Enough amount of vehicle for a good fight.

More updates soon at my site http://firefoxccmods.com/

Post #: 15
RE: Gatheway to Caen 1946 mod - 7/27/2014 8:24:13 AM   
Nomada_Firefox

Some of progress here. I have continued adding the Axis battlegroups. Perhaps I will finish the German battlegroups this week. It should not be impossible because the infantry units are added with few different company and the biggest difference between battlegroups are the vehicles and guns.

If you take a look in screenshots, there is a company with normal infantry units, one with support infantry units as MGs, Mortars, Sniper...., another with scout infantry units and other with assault infantry units, all them from SS, FJ and normal army. This way is similar to the original GTC but better.

Truely all the new code changes from GTC were made for avoid the mess and make easier the addition from new battlegroups to the game.

You can follow all the updates from the mod here. http://firefoxccmods.com/index.php?topic=1103.15#lastPost

Post #: 16
RE: Gatheway to Caen 1946 mod - 8/28/2014 12:04:03 AM   
Nomada_Firefox

Hi all. I continue working in the mod but most of the times I do not publish news about it here. If you want know more, you must go to my site http://firefoxccmods.com/

This is my last addition. The Avre. I edited the turret from a cocodrile for the vehicle graphic.

Post #: 17
RE: Gatheway to Caen 1946 mod - 10/10/2014 4:10:17 PM   
Nomada_Firefox

Few minutes ago, I have uploaded the first version from the mod. You can find it here http://firefoxccmods.com/index.php?action=downloads;sa=view;down=189 I have adapted the LSA installer to GTC and it should work without problems. Have fun.

Post #: 18
RE: Gatheway to Caen 1946 mod - 2/3/2015 5:19:30 PM   
Kilovski

Hi Nomada,The mod looks great, I followed the link to your site, but it asks for username and password

Post #: 19
RE: Gatheway to Caen 1946 mod - 3/2/2015 11:27:24 AM   
johnsilver

quote:

ORIGINAL: Kilovski

Hi Nomada,The mod looks great, I followed the link to your site, but it asks for username and password

Namada's mod is pretty slick also, but you MUST make a user/pw combo for his site in order to be able to DL his 1946 mod. It's the way he's decided to do it and it is his development and therefore his prerogative.

Werf

(in reply to Kilovski)
Post #: 20
RE: Gatheway to Caen 1946 mod - 7/31/2015 8:34:03 AM   
Housies

Hi Nomada, I love the addition of some extra tank types to the german and british battle groups. You lost me however with the addition of american, soviet and japanese battlegroups but I guess that's personal.
If I install the mod, can I still play the game without the mod? As I still want to play multiplayer...

(in reply to johnsilver)
Post #: 21
RE: Gatheway to Caen 1946 mod - 6/7/2016 2:41:56 AM   
dago_red

1. I pointed the 1946 installer to the usual place, Steam/steam apps/common/GTC and unpacked (but as a total war player I'm used to installing things in a DATA directory too, so I'm not sure of the correct path). Installer dumped a mod folder into the base directory, along with shortcut on desktop, but nothing shows up in game that way.

2. I tried the JSGME (mod enabler) method, and selecting it with that utility works, but there's no loading bar (when you switch 1946 mod to the right column, enabling it) so I know something's wrong. Sure enough, nothing in game when launched normally or with the mods own shortcut.

3. What am I missing?

(in reply to Housies)
Post #: 22
RE: Gatheway to Caen 1946 mod - 8/12/2018 4:21:16 PM   
Kilovski

Mod crashes on St Meavieu map, fourth battle into campaign. Shame, any ideas anybody?

(in reply to dago_red)
Post #: 23
RE: Gatheway to Caen 1946 mod - 10/30/2018 9:56:47 PM   
JamesHunt

From where it is currently possible to get the mod?

(in reply to Kilovski)
Post #: 24
RE: Gatheway to Caen 1946 mod - 10/5/2019 11:01:09 AM   
argilas

quote:

ORIGINAL: JamesHunt

From where it is currently possible to get the mod?

firefoxccmods(dot)com/wp/download/cc-gatheway-to-caen-1946-mod/

< Message edited by argilas -- 10/5/2019 11:03:12 AM >

(in reply to JamesHunt)
Post #: 25
RE: Gatheway to Caen 1946 mod - 10/7/2019 3:53:23 PM   
macnab

Will the 1946 mod overwrite the original Caen d/load , if so how do I avoid this, and how /where do I direct the mod installation to ? Folder etc , many thanks👍

Post #: 26
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Close Combat Series >> Close Combat - Gateway to Caen >> Mods and Scenarios >> Gatheway to Caen 1946 mod Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI