Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Mortar HQ? Weapons HQ? Why bother?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Close Combat – The Bloody First >> Mortar HQ? Weapons HQ? Why bother? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Mortar HQ? Weapons HQ? Why bother? - 10/7/2019 4:33:53 PM   
uneducated

Faced with the choice of two mortar squads and a mortar HQ, or three mortar squads, wouldn't the best choice always be to go with three mortar squads?

How much more efficient or accurate can the mortar HQ be? Also, how can the HQ ever gain experience/improve its ability to assist the mortar squads? All it ever does, ideally, is just be in proximity to a mortar squad that is firing, right?
Post #: 1
RE: Mortar HQ? Weapons HQ? Why bother? - 10/7/2019 4:46:37 PM   
wolf14455

If I understand the HQ rules is that it improve moral and I guess fighting efficiensy for troops in their circle. HQ names should in that case just be game flavor. So using more than 1-2 HQs in a 12 size unit is overkill I think.

SwedeWolf

I was called Lill Sputnik (Little sputnik) as a baby in 58-59

(in reply to uneducated)
Post #: 2
RE: Mortar HQ? Weapons HQ? Why bother? - 10/7/2019 4:47:42 PM   
SteveMcClaire

HQ units bolster the morale of nearby units but they don't make them more effective it terms of firing, which is based on experience.

The section HQs in the heavy weapons platoon are included for historical accuracy and to give the US infantry company one of its historical advantages -- more personnel in general and more non-commissioned officers like Sergeants and Corporals.

In terms of utility, platoon HQs are better as long as they haven't lost their officer. But if you've lost all the officers in your company and you want to field an HQ unit the sergeants in the section HQs may be the best you have.

(in reply to uneducated)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Close Combat – The Bloody First >> Mortar HQ? Weapons HQ? Why bother? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI