Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

60MM mortar "target out of range"

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Close Combat – The Bloody First >> 60MM mortar "target out of range" Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
60MM mortar "target out of range" - 10/8/2019 2:52:44 AM   
Funker33

I attempted to use the 60mm mortar and keep getting an audio message and status message "target out of range". I walked back the aim point all the way to the white circle around the mortar team and they kept reporting the target is out of range until I placed the fire point within their white circle at which point they started shooting the ground with their pistols.
Post #: 1
RE: 60MM mortar "target out of range" - 10/8/2019 3:21:26 AM   
wodin

Out of ammo.

(in reply to Funker33)
Post #: 2
RE: 60MM mortar "target out of range" - 10/8/2019 3:23:21 AM   
Funker33

This was at the beginning of the battle, so I am assuming if this is the case, they were not resupplied after the previous battle?

(in reply to wodin)
Post #: 3
RE: 60MM mortar "target out of range" - 10/8/2019 6:47:17 AM   
uneducated

I have had the same issue, and thought as wodin said, that it was due to lack of ammunition.

There ought to be some alternative audio feedback, "Out of ammo!" Perhaps Matrix can start making a list of additional audio cues, and put this as item number one.

Whilst on this topic, I wonder whether the audio is configured for soundstage. Soundstage refers to being able to pinpoint the location of the noise, as though you could hear whereabouts the incoming fire is.

quote:

ORIGINAL: Funker33

I attempted to use the 60mm mortar and keep getting an audio message and status message "target out of range". I walked back the aim point all the way to the white circle around the mortar team and they kept reporting the target is out of range until I placed the fire point within their white circle at which point they started shooting the ground with their pistols.

(in reply to Funker33)
Post #: 4
RE: 60MM mortar "target out of range" - 10/8/2019 10:21:30 PM   
SteveMcClaire

Yes, "Out of ammo" would be much more helpful. I will look at changing that.

(in reply to uneducated)
Post #: 5
RE: 60MM mortar "target out of range" - 10/9/2019 6:32:31 AM   
wolf14455

"Out of xxmm ammo" ought to be better as they still have ammo on the other weapons, yes?

SwedeWolf

I was called Lill Sputnik (Little sputnik) as a baby in 58-59

(in reply to SteveMcClaire)
Post #: 6
RE: 60MM mortar "target out of range" - 10/9/2019 10:47:21 AM   
uneducated

Steve McClaire,

When you were creating the game, did you all get together and create a list of audio combat messages that you thought would be useful and wanted in the game?

I wonder what the situation was like during that phase of development. Did you have many voice actors/special effects people? Did you have to source these talents yourself or did Slitherine assist you locating them? Also, I wonder whether you did much experimentation and research in trying to generate audio in-house.

(in reply to SteveMcClaire)
Post #: 7
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Close Combat – The Bloody First >> 60MM mortar "target out of range" Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI