Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

The Patch Is Not Needed?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Science Fiction] >> Starships Unlimited v3 >> The Patch Is Not Needed? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
The Patch Is Not Needed? - 6/12/2003 11:20:12 PM   
Darkspire

Top marks for a 4x that works unlike certain ones recently that you have to wait three months for a patch for that still leaves more bugs than London Zoos insect house.... What?? MOO said that?? :D
Anyway to the point, i just bought your SUDG in GAME, it is the 2.1 version, i take it i dont need the patch??
If not i would suggest a BIG notice on your download page as there are lots of peeps out there that dont have very bright lightbulbs...
Rates up there with STARS, Space Empires X easily, i look forward to see where your going to go with it (a new UI might be a start, im sorry but it looks like a refuge from a PSX puzzle game :) )

Post #: 1
- 6/13/2003 5:32:56 AM   
Phreddo

according to mine, i have version 2.0, and true update tells me that is the most recent.

(in reply to Darkspire)
Post #: 2
Sorted - 6/13/2003 6:53:05 AM   
Darkspire

Just read the topic about 'Neverending Wait' which sorts it out, it would appear that they have released an up to date version 2.1, like they did with 'X-Gold' (Cant wait for X-2 :) ). so no, you dont have the most up to date version, i believe the 2.1 patch is the one they are waiting for in the post i mentioned, the date in the post states 12-6-03 so you shouldnt have to wait too long.
Just found the MODS.zip, hmmm, Intresting. Shame the UI isnt moddable :(

(in reply to Darkspire)
Post #: 3
- 6/15/2003 11:17:20 PM   
Andrew Ewanchyna

The European release has the latest version (2.1) so no patch is needed. Some internal problems have delayed the release of the latest patch. Stay tuned.

Developer of Starships Unlimited

(in reply to Darkspire)
Post #: 4
- 7/4/2003 2:31:09 AM   
cmcastleton

Andrew! Please help!

I am an absolute NUT for space strategy games!

I live in England and regularly repair to the local 'holy of holies', the High Street games shop, to see if there are any new space strategy games in!

My eyes went out on stalks when I saw yours on the shelves a few days ago at the end of June 2003 BUTTTT....

... despite some excellant reviews, I was warned about bugs which cause crashes...

DIRECT me, please, to the patch which will fix the crashes and I will buy the game!

I used Google to look at possible patches to the game - I always look at patches sites these days before I buy games, a sad sign of the times - and I got mightily confused. It seemed as if I might need to install a patch 1.1 before I install patch 1.2. Then there seems to be a patch 2.0 at 16 megs!

Please give me clear instructions, Andrew, as to which patch an English user would need, if any, to play the game without crashes and I shall buy it! Your thread seems to indicate I dont need such a patch. If you can confirm that I will buy it!

Live long and prosper.

(in reply to Darkspire)
Post #: 5
Response... - 7/4/2003 3:44:42 AM   
Erik Rutins

CM,

Thanks for the interest in SUDG!

SUDG actually started with a 1.0 release and has been pretty crash free for its history. My personal experience on multiple machines across the various revisions has been without any significant issues. Each update fixes a few bugs and adds some new features, but none of these versions is unstable. By most game standards these days, SUDG is virtually bug free. As one user posted below, they never had a single crash with 2.0. I have not had a single one with 2.1 either.

The current commercial release has 2.0 on CD in the US, 2.1 on CD in Europe, so no previous 1.x or 2.0 updates are necessary.

With that said, SUDG 2.1 is available through our main website ([url]www.matrixgames.com[/url]) and also through a variety of patch/FTP sites that keep archives of game updates. We should also be releasing shortly a quick patch for some crash issues for 2.1 reported on this forum. I have not seen them myself and I would not consider the game unstable because of these issues. In any case, a fix for those should be posted very soon.

This forum should have some alternate links posted if you have any trouble with the TrueUpdate utility included with the game or with our FTP links.

Best Regards,

- Erik

Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.

(in reply to Darkspire)
Post #: 6
- 7/4/2003 8:28:05 PM   
Andrew Ewanchyna

I have a tendancy to add more features to each patch rather than just fixing bugs. This is were any instabilities show up. Most games that crash, and they aren't that common, can be restarted by using the Autosave game file. If you're buying in England then you should have the latest version and no patch is needed. Well, except for the one I'm working on now. :D

You should be able to get patches from the Matrix Games website. Look under downloads.

Developer of Starships Unlimited

(in reply to Darkspire)
Post #: 7
- 7/6/2003 9:00:30 PM   
cmcastleton

Many thanks for an informative reply, Erik.

Live long and prosper!

(in reply to Darkspire)
Post #: 8
- 7/6/2003 9:02:27 PM   
cmcastleton

And many thanks, Andrew!

There is no higher use for the computer or higher game form than space strategy games! :D

(in reply to Darkspire)
Post #: 9
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Science Fiction] >> Starships Unlimited v3 >> The Patch Is Not Needed? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI