Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

sever in US

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Close Combat – The Bloody First >> sever in US Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
sever in US - 10/12/2019 12:22:49 PM   
tigercub

not much good if your on the other side of the planet! limited to play only in the US

Tigercub

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life
Post #: 1
RE: sever in US - 10/12/2019 7:51:04 PM   
SteveMcClaire

If you find you are getting a lot of latency during multiplayer games try a direct connection. As noted in the game manual, the hosting player needs to open port 1944 for incoming TCP connections through their firewall and/or router. And if you're on a LAN, have the connection on this port redirected to the correct machine behind the router.

Steve

(in reply to tigercub)
Post #: 2
RE: sever in US - 10/12/2019 9:33:52 PM   
eric963

I'm not seeing anything in the manual about a direct connection? Would you have a page number its on?

(in reply to SteveMcClaire)
Post #: 3
RE: sever in US - 10/13/2019 4:34:34 PM   
SteveMcClaire

Sorry, it appears that last minute addition didn't make it into the release manual. Will get this corrected and add the information to the patch notes for the next update.

(in reply to eric963)
Post #: 4
RE: sever in US - 10/15/2019 12:34:36 AM   
eric963

Thanks!!

Post #: 5
RE: sever in US - 10/18/2019 4:33:48 PM   
WillKnott

Im US CST. 100Mbit connection. I tried several 'random' mp attempts but nobody joins or refuses connections. I did manage to play some mp with a friend recently but I'm on much more often.

WillKnott_slith .... i have no connection to Slitherine, but I got cursed with this username when they merged with matrix and had to combine all the user accounts.

Im open to MP, work from home and this gives me a wide range of playable times, but in the 9-5 hours I am subject to being interrupted, but turn the chair around and play a game here and there. Evenings depend on the wife.

The time i played mp with friend, we were sharing a LTE hotspot, I was getting 40-60 ms latency pinging google but we managed. helped us both to dumb down graphics. Home connect is 5ms to google. Ill have to take a look at latency to their server. I still show yellow when I connect.

Definitely would like to get instructs on direct connect. I have a extra machines at the house and I have older boys who I can convince to play now and then. - Never could get them interested in 2d CC, they are too millennial for that :)

< Message edited by WillKnott_slith -- 10/18/2019 4:40:28 PM >

(in reply to eric963)
Post #: 6
RE: sever in US - 10/24/2019 1:31:34 PM   
Ormbane

quote:

ORIGINAL: Steve McClaire

Sorry, it appears that last minute addition didn't make it into the release manual. Will get this corrected and add the information to the patch notes for the next update.

speaking of corrections, the online copy of the manual I have access to sends you to www.matrix.com for changes to your account. That address takes me to a company that makes haircare products!

Post #: 7
RE: sever in US - 10/24/2019 1:39:41 PM   
Ormbane

The reason I bought this game was to be able to play online with my grandson. When I host or when he hosts there is no option to join or invite or whatever. We can see each other in the lobby, can chat, but can not connect to play. Seeing the note above I opened port 1944 and that doesn't seem to change anything. He did mention that from his system he sees colored bars next to his name when he goes into the lobby, and can sometimes see a join button when other players are in the lobby. When that is the case he does see colored bars next to their names. So, something seems amiss when I try to use multiplayer. I downloaded Steam and TBF to my laptop and I get the same results from that machine, so it is unlikely to be something on a specific machine at my end. How can I fix this?

(in reply to Ormbane)
Post #: 8
RE: sever in US - 10/24/2019 3:47:20 PM   
PipFromSlitherine

quote:

ORIGINAL: Ormbane

The reason I bought this game was to be able to play online with my grandson. When I host or when he hosts there is no option to join or invite or whatever. We can see each other in the lobby, can chat, but can not connect to play. Seeing the note above I opened port 1944 and that doesn't seem to change anything. He did mention that from his system he sees colored bars next to his name when he goes into the lobby, and can sometimes see a join button when other players are in the lobby. When that is the case he does see colored bars next to their names. So, something seems amiss when I try to use multiplayer. I downloaded Steam and TBF to my laptop and I get the same results from that machine, so it is unlikely to be something on a specific machine at my end. How can I fix this?

Assuming you are both running the latest version then when you are in the lobby the Join button should appear if you mouse over a hosting player. There was a bug in the initial release for Steam that meant that logging in via email preventing the lobby from functioning correctly. But double check you are both running 1.0.2 as a first step.

Cheers

Pip

follow me on Twitter here

(in reply to Ormbane)
Post #: 9
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Close Combat – The Bloody First >> sever in US Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI