Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Special opportunity...ACT NOW

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Special opportunity...ACT NOW Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Special opportunity...ACT NOW - 6/26/2001 10:37:00 AM   
Paul Vebber

Email me in the next 15 min or so and I'll send you ver 5.3 to try Added a range and accuracy dependant small arms bonus so the closer you get and teh higher your hit chance the more bonus kill cahnce you get. If you stay 5-7 hexes out you will not notice much change, but close in especially to 1 or 2 hexes and the rifles will start to ring up some K's. Also added a height bonus kill chance X1.5 if >14 m height advantage over the target, firing up >14m and your X 0.67 So level 2 hills are now very good places for HMGs... email me at paulv@matrixgames.com if you can give this a quick try...

Post #: 1
- 6/26/2001 11:00:00 AM   
sven

Paul it is great. Each refinement is better and better. I am serious it fixes everything you said. thanks, sven

(in reply to Paul Vebber)
Post #: 2
- 6/26/2001 11:02:00 AM   
Paul Vebber

Thanks Sven! High praise coming from you! You seem to be the only winner - it should be available in teh next day or so...

Post #: 3
- 6/26/2001 11:15:00 AM   
Paul Vebber

I sent a few more out...I can send out a few more in the morning - the patch should be updated in a day or two, but if ya jus gotta have it...let me know...

Post #: 4
- 6/26/2001 1:31:00 PM   
mr172

Hi PV, if you want send it. It's huge? Massimo

Post #: 5
- 6/26/2001 2:26:00 PM   
Patris

Hi Paul I've appreciated very much your last upgrade (5.2), I think that now the proper use of support weapons for infantry assaults/defence is much better portrayed. If you want send me the 5.3 patch I'll be happy, but I can wait for the official release, no problem here. I've never seen a company give such a support to a game, commercial or not: you are doing a great job! It's clearly done for love and not for money. BTW, I've modified the OOB of the Italian and Russian infantry using a bunch of old wargames (ASL, UP Front etc.), if you want to give it a look I'll be glady to send them to you. I've used the 5.01 version, but they work well also in 5.2.

Post #: 6
- 6/26/2001 7:59:00 PM   
Paul Vebber

IF the patch is not out by the time I get home I will email another batch to folks who email me. Thanks to those of you emailing the very kind comments - I think the ranging ladder is on target...firing for effect :D

Post #: 7
- 6/26/2001 8:29:00 PM   
Stukadawg

I think Matrix is setting the standard by which all game publishers will be measured against. The support, the reasoning and willingness to listen to suggestions, and what affects me the most, the overall decency and openess. Matrix doesn't hide behind a curtain while dazzling us with flashing lights and swirling colors, thats what flashbacks are for (heh heh). So sincerely, again: Thank You Matrix. Also, this is my 51st post and after I hit the send button, it'll say veteren under my name. I still feel like a recruit though because of my lack of WW2 knowledge. I always avoided studying WW2 because it affected the lives of many people I know. Thats why I stick with medieval history, nobody gets angry over speculation or facts in dispute. I'm mentioning this because over the past two months, I've never read so much about WW2, both online and off. Whats best is that here in the forum, I'm learning many things that I might've had to read a thousand pages before discovering. So again, Thank you Matrix and all the recruits and vets that have taught and learned, and listened and spoke. Sincerely, \_STUKADAWG_/ Also, thanks Wild Bill, your encouragment has me working not so much on scenarios but on maps that I'd like others to "populate" for me. Its funny, I talk like the late Bob Ross while making maps. "A little bunny lives here in the high grass, and so does a happy, little minefield." :p

Post #: 8
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Special opportunity...ACT NOW Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI