Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Port Safety?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Strategic Command Series >> Strategic Command WWII: World at War >> Tech Support >> Port Safety? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Port Safety? - 10/22/2019 3:04:38 AM   
Jack59

Score: 0
Is there any safety for a naval unit in a port from enemy naval surface units? It is hard for the Russian Navy to resupply since they only have one port. I think War in Europe ports were safe havens till bombardment rendered them less useful.
Post #: 1
RE: Port Safety? - 10/23/2019 3:21:54 PM   
BillRunacre

Score: 2
The ports themselves should have the same settings in both games, so perhaps it's more of a situational issue?

Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/FurySoftware

We're also on Facebook! https://www.facebook.com/FurySoftware/

(in reply to Jack59)
Post #: 2
RE: Port Safety? - 10/26/2019 12:06:11 AM   
Jack59

Score: 0
The port in question was Tallinn and I had navel units and 2 subs blocking the gulf of Finland while destroyers were out hunting the Russian sub in the Baltic. Maybe I reduced the port values while my Navy was sitting there. The Russian destroyer and battleship moved in or near Tallinn and were sunk though my battleships and cruisers took a licking. The Russian submarine was down to a strength of 1 and was attacked in the North Baltic, It dove but didn't appear to have come back and I did see a -1 as it dove. It is not loss list, but it has not been seen since and I had it boxed in so it would have to have passed underneath two destroyers.

(in reply to BillRunacre)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Strategic Command Series >> Strategic Command WWII: World at War >> Tech Support >> Port Safety? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI