Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Missing playback and Retreat hex?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> SP:WaW Training Center >> Missing playback and Retreat hex? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Missing playback and Retreat hex? - 7/6/2003 7:50:55 AM   
Buzzard45

Has anyone else noticed that if you play with the VCR key part way through your turn (or your opponent does the same) that the new part of the battle that you play before you play the VCR does not show up on the opponents playback? That was a long one. i.e. I open my turn and see a couple of units that are begging to be shot so I shoot them (usually infantry) and then a while later I realize that I should look at the previous turn and find out what happened. So I use the VCR key. The playback shows what I did in this turn before the playback. When my opponent open his turn and tries a playback, the infantry that was begging to be shot and was before [B]I[/B] used the VCR key, are missing in his playback.:o

I don't think that this would be a fair tactic, if it is such, as it would deny your opponent that which he is intiltled to.

Also what effect does using the retreat hex have on victory points?

" Look alive!! Here comes a Buzzard"
POGO
Post #: 1
- 7/6/2003 8:33:29 AM   
Jim1954

Interesting observation about the VCR tab. I have noticed that if I move the mouse during reply, all portions of the RH menus and the map at the the bottom will be erased. Also when you are viewing replay do you find that the red square on the strategic map does not move over the action that is displayed on the tacticalmap?

I am involved in a pbem Market Garden now and some of the time I just don't bother to use it. Even set to 30 it can still take 15 mins to replay or longer.

I believe that exiting a unit off of the map via a retreat hex will give you the point value of that unit. Better than dyin' and giving them to your opponent.

:D

Jim1954
KMC/T

(in reply to Buzzard45)
Post #: 2
- 7/6/2003 9:25:59 AM   
Buzzard45

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Jim1954
[B]

I believe that exiting a unit off of the map via a retreat hex will give you the point value of that unit. Better than dyin' and giving them to your opponent.

:D [/B][/QUOTE]

But odes it make a difference if it isn't destroyed but stays on the map?

" Look alive!! Here comes a Buzzard"
POGO

(in reply to Buzzard45)
Post #: 3
- 7/6/2003 6:41:30 PM   
Jim1954

I think it has to be actually exited for your side to get any score for it. Of course if it's not dead but still on the map, your opponent won't get any score for it, but neither will you.

Hope this is what you were looking for.

:)

Jim1954
KMC/T

(in reply to Buzzard45)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> SP:WaW Training Center >> Missing playback and Retreat hex? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI